Chapter 5

Forget me Not

 

“Channie?” I was shocked.

“Yep. Gong Chansik, B1A4’s one and only maknae.” Jinyoung said. “Waeyo?”

Wait, this is too impossible. This can’t be fate, right?

“You know what my mom told me?”

“Aniyo.” I shook my head. “What is it?”

“She said that I might be the only one in this world named Gong Chansik.”

He said it. He’s the only one with that name. He’s here. He’s really close to me now.

“Joo Neul-ah, please come at this room now~” The teacher said as she came closer and dragged me in the room next to the vocal training room.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” I said as I bowed in front of her.

“No need to be formal. Please sit.”

“So, I think you already know what you are gonna do here?” The teacher asked as an introduction.

“Writing lyrics?”

“Exactly. But before we start writing real songs, I want you to compose a poem first, so I can determine if you can write songs. Here’s my laptop.” She handed me the case of a laptop. “Type your poem here. It’s okay if you don’t finish, at least 2 stanzas are enough. I’ll be back 5 minutes before 11:30 so I can check it.” She said as she left the room.

Now, what am I supposed to write? Love? Friends? Family? I can’t think of anything.

 

I’ve been sitting there for 3 minutes, and nothing is really coming out from my mind. I looked at the wall beside me and remembered. The room beside this is the room where Chansik is practicing. I placed my ear near the wall and listened to his voice. I didn’t hear anything, maybe that’s because the rooms here are soundproof.

I thought of him while typing the poem. I wasn’t even thinking of what to type, whatever comes to my mind is what I’ll type. It’s as if, the poem is like a message to him.

Ms. Chae came back just right in time. I just finished the poem, and it contains 2 stanzas only since I spent time looking around the room for a while. I just got fascinated by it. I also took some selcas inside.

“Now, can I see your poem?” I handed her the laptop and she began reciting it.

I never thought of seeing you

In a place where I didn’t even have a clue

It was the thing I least expected

When I came here and became scouted.

 

I wonder how your voice sounds?

I bet it can beat up many towns.

I’m missing you already.

When can I meet you and be ready?

Ms. Chae looked at me as she finished reading the poem.

I bowed down. “I’m sorry, I didn’t have any ideas at the time.”

“You shouldn’t be sorry, in fact, I find this poem interesting. Something like, a message in a poem?” She laughed. “Anyway, I think you have the ability to write good lyrics. We’ll start your lessons tomorrow. You may go now and have your lunch.” I stood up and bowed. “Kamsahamnida.”

I left the room. I saw the empty practice hall, and looked for my bag around there. I saw it near the corner, and slowly walked there. I brought my own lunch, since I don’t really enjoy eating outside. I prefer homemade dishes.

While eating, I stared at the interior of the room. I saw a logo at the back of the practice hall. I can’t seem to understand it, but it seems like the logo of the company. I looked again and saw a W and M overlapping together. So that’s the logo? Pretty cool. I continued eating.

 

After eating, I have 20 minutes left. I eat faster when I’m the one who made the food. I don’t have anything to do, so I practiced singing. I sang my favorite song from B1A4, Only One. I only heard this once but I got attached to it. I didn’t bother to memorize the members of the band who sang this, though.
 

Ulgo shipeul ttae ureoyo
Seulpeumdeureul aesseo chamji marayo
Geudaega dashi useul su itge
Naega anajulkeyo

Himi deul ttaemyeon jamshi
Swieogal su ittorok
Naeui eokkaereul billyeojulkeyo

I pray no tears in your dreams
I know you'll fly high in your life
I sesangeun jageun nuneuro
Tto geudael boryeogo hajiman
Boran deushi dangdanghage
Malhal su isseo
You're the only one

Jogaknan kkumeul chajayo
Andwendaneun mareun haji marayo
Geukkumeul dashi irul su itge
Naega dowajulkeyo

Sumi chaoreul ttaemyeon
Jamshi nuneul gamgoseo
Geudae miraereul sangsang haebwayo

I pray no tears in your dreams
I know you'll fly high in your life
I sesangeun jageun nuneuro
Tto geudael boryeogo hajiman
Boran deushi dangdanghage
Malhal su isseo
You're the only one

 

I stopped at that part since I don’t really like to rap. My mouth doesn’t like to speak too much.

I noticed the time and it’s just 5 minutes before I go to my vocal training. Though a bit early, I proceeded to the room and saw the teacher there.

“Oh, you’re a bit early. Should we start now? I’m Mr. Han, by the way.” We started the vocal training lessons.

 

Meanwhile, outside the vocal training room...

“I’m telling you, she has an amazing voice!” Sandeul exclaimed at his hyung.

“How on earth did you know that, hyung?” Gongchan asked.

“I kind of opened the door a while ago during lunchtime. I saw her standing and singing our song.” Sandeul explained.

“Bwoh? What song? Maybe Bling Girl? I’m the one who composed that, after all.” Jinyoung said proudly. Being the lyrics composer, he is confident about his songs, though he only shows it at s.

“Aniyo. Channie’s favorite song.”

“Only One?” Gongchan was amazed, the girl and him has similar tastes in music.

“Yep. But she just sang it until the second chorus. I think she can’t rap.”

“I’ll teach her then!” Baro said.

“You’re not her teacher, Baro.” Sandeul said with a  poker face on.

“Aish. Deullie-ah, you’re such a kill joy.” Baro said as he glared at Sandeul’s eyes.

“Sandeul’s right. I don’t think we can teach her since we don’t have permission. Maybe we could, but only her free time though.” CNU explained to his dongsaeng.

“Aish! Fine.” Baro gave up.

The other members laughed at the squirrel princess’ reaction. They just love it when one member gets frustrated.


 

I made the poem myself since I don’t think I can find one like that from the internet, but I'm not really confident about that one ;A;

I just had to do this one :3

Please leave a comment!or subscribe :)