Chapter 11

Forget me Not

It’s Saturday. There’s no practice for today since the practice room is being renovated, but I’m quite surprised since they only need one day for it to finish. B1A4 is back at their dorm, and I’m here by myself, making breakfast. I asked my mom yesterday if we can go out today, and she agreed. Since I got back at Seoul, I only got 2 nights at my home, and then I was hurriedly scouted. We never had any bonding time since I graduated, so I want to make the most out of this day.

I only made a simple breakfast -- toasts and a cup of coffee. I watched the TV while eating. As I turned it on, B1A4’s Beautiful Target MV was played.

It’s my favorite MV, to be honest. I love how they showed their playful sides here, and I really like the part where CNU and Baro oppa did the sprout dance. It was so cute!

Suddenly, I felt some vibrations on the table, and I saw that someone was calling. I checked the caller’s ID and saw ‘Mom’. Almost immediately, I pressed the ‘answer’ button.

“Eomma! Waeyo?” 

“Nothing much, dear. I just called to ask, what time are we going out?” 

“9AM.”

“Oh, okay. Mianhae, I kind of forgot it.” I heard her chuckle.

I smiled. “It’s okay, eomma. See you later!”

“Let’s have a great day later, Joo Neul-ah. Bye!” She hanged up.

I finished my breakfast as soon as the call ended. I wore my outfit that I used the day that I was scouted, a white dress with a brown belt, and brown high heels. As an accessory, I used a white headband with a ribbon attached to it.

I stepped out of the house and saw my mom waiting outside my dorm.

“Eomma! How did you know the address of my dorm?” I asked. I never got the chance to tell her the address of my dorm, so I am surprised to find her here.

“Err... I have some uh... connections?” Mom jokingly said.

“And who might that person be?” 

“Classified information, dear.” 

“Aish. There you go again.”

Mom laughed. “So, let’s go?” She said as she opened the door of her car.

“Chansik-ah, how can you control this game so easily?” Sandeul felt frustrated when Chansik won the rock-paper-scissor game AGAIN.

“Molla! Merong~” Chansik said as he took his clothes and headed straight for the bathroom.

“Lee Sandeul, we’re living at the same dorm for 2 years, we have seen Chan’s psychic powers for a million times already, and you’re not yet done with that question?” Jinyoung appeared.

“But it’s just so unfair!” Sandeul exclaimed.

“I know right?” Baro also joined Sandeul.

“Aish, these kids. I really think that the two of you have the youngest minds here.” CNU said with a poker face.

“I TOTALLY AGREE.” Jinyoung said.

“When are we leaving, by the way?” Sandeul stopped ranting and asked Jinyoung.

“9AM, but at this rate, I think we’ll get there by 10.”

 

After a while inside the car, we reached our destination. It’s the same mall that I was going when I was still at high school. I have to admit, I missed going here.

“Joo Neul-ah, you’re spacing out again.”

“Jinjja?” I turned to my mom and saw her already outside. I laughed and also proceeded to go out.

“Where are we going, by the way?” I asked.

“Well, I think that we should get some clothes for you and me. It’s been a while since I bought you your clothes, right?” Mom gave me a gentle smile.

“Sure!” I said as we stepped inside the mall.

 

“Sandeul-ah, when are you going to finish? It’s almost 9AM!” Jinyoung said behind the bathroom door.

“Aish, hyung! Can’t you give me some more time?” Sandeul asked.

“Andwae! It’s almost 9! I want to go there as soon as possible!” CNU ranted.

“Fine, fine!” Sandeul said as he opened the bathroom door.

“Oh. At last~” The maknae sang.

“Sandeul-ah, please go faster~” Baro pushed Sandeul to their room and got ready.

 

“Eomma! What do you think?” I said as I showed her a dress that I picked.

“Well, isn’t that a bit... you know, short?” Mom responded.

“Ehhh~” I pouted. “But this dress really looks cute to me...”

“Try to wear it. If I like it, then go.” She said as she gave me a smile.

I hugged her. “Kyaaa~ Gomawo eomma~” I took the dress and headed straight for the fitting room.

 

B1A4 sang as they walked inside the mall. They are wearing disguises, so it’s okay for them to go in a public place.

“Baby goodnight~” Jinyoung started.

“Jal jayo goodnight~” Sandeul also joined.

“Geurom nan dancing dancing dancing in the moonlight~” The 5 of them sang in harmony.

“Let’s stop, someone might recognize our voices.” CNU reminded.

Gongchan laughed. “Sure hyung~”

“Say, is that...” Baro pointed at a store.

B1A4 looked at the direction Baro was pointing out, and in sync, they said:

“MWO?”

 

“What should we do next?” I asked Mom.

“It’s almost 12, how about we go get our lunch now?”

“Now that you mention it, I’m kind of hungry...”

Mom laughed. “Joo Neul-ah, you’re still like this? You always get hungry when someone invites you to eat.”

“Eomma!” I hit her lightly, out of embarrassment.

“Ya! You’re not supposed to hit me, right?” She smiled at me. “Let’s go!”

We proceeded to eat our lunch, and while eating, we talked about all kinds of things that happened when we were apart because of me being a trainee and already living at a dorm.

“Eomma, aren’t you a little bit of lonely? Well, I only got to be with you for 2 nights and a day and a half. I was immediately scouted.”

“Who wouldn’t be lonely? I’m living by myself for 3 years, and now you get scouted and has to live at a dorm already, though you’re still a trainee.”

“I’m still wondering about that. Why would I live at a dorm when I’m still a trainee? And on top of that, the dorm is really well kept. All furniture and utensils are complete.”

“Woah. I wonder if WM’s CEO is a rich man? I also heard that the other trainees have their own dorms...”

I laughed. “The other dorms are far away from mine though~”

We continued to chat while eating. Though we finished our lunch already, we still talked about things. I also told her about meeting Chansik again, Sandeul oppa having a crush on me, and the dorky members yet help me all of the time. 

“...did Chansik remember you?” Mom asked.

“He acts like he doesn’t. Sandeul oppa also said that he got hit by a car and lost his memories of me during the time of our break-up, but I’m kind of surprised since his parents didn’t call me or anything.” I explained.

“Huh? That’s weird. I also didn’t hear any news about that...”

“Maybe they kept it a secret?” I thought.

“Oh well, do you still love him? Tell me the truth.”

“I... Yes. I never really forgot him. I never stopped loving him.”

“Then that’s good enough.”

“Eh?”

“Believe in him, I think he hasn’t fully forgotten his memories of you. Try spending some more time with him, and he might remember.”

I smiled. “Gomawo, eomma.”

 

“Did we see it correctly?” Sandeul asked once again.

“I can’t see the face, but I’m sure. I saw her.” Baro responded.

“What is she doing here?” Jinyoung was curious.

“I think I saw someone with her... maybe it’s her mom? Spending time with her mom?” CNU thought.

“Maybe, she did mention that she got scouted 2 days after she got back from America.” Gongchan explained.

“So, we shouldn’t bother them, right?” Sandeul suggested.

“You’re right, Chan. Let’s go? We also have our own business here~” Jinyoung said.

Jinyoung, CNU and Baro proceeded to walk away from where they were seated a while ago. Gongchan and Sandeul were left behind to have a little talk.

“Did you tell her the truth?” Gongchan asked.

“Nope, I lied. But why do you want to avoid her that much, to the point of lying?”

“I... just... I can’t tell her, yet. I still have these feelings for her, it never really left me.”

“You must really love her, eh? I saw you, by the way, when you were running outside to find her.”

“When was that?”

“I think it was when you told her that you forgot the things from 3 years ago, when you are still calling her a noona. You were really worried back then! You even forgot that you’re supposed to act like you are younger than her, you started calling her Joo Neul.”

“HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?” Gongchan raised his voice.

“Chan, lessen the volume, please? Someone might recognize us here.” Sandeul said.

Gongchan calmed down and got back to his seat. “I was told by Jinyoung hyung to buy him something. When I was on the way back to the dorm, I heard you calling her name.”

“Aish~”

“Chan, your acting is kind of inconsistent~ When you’re panicked, you always forget your role.” Sandeul laughed.

“Look who’s talking.” Gongchan pointed at Sandeul.

They laughed. “We should get going now, Baro and the hyungs probably are munching on something again.” Gongchan said.

Sandeul nodded and they walked together to the direction of where Baro and the others walked to.

 

“Did you enjoy this day?” I asked Mom.

“Of course. There’s not a day that I didn’t enjoy, when I’m with you.” 

“Eomma~ You’re making me blush!” I joked and laughed.

Mom also giggled. “You should get going now. You still have training tomorrow, you should rest.” Mom reminded me.

“Okay. Bye eomma! Let’s do this again sometime~” I said as Mom got in the car and drove away.

I got inside the dorm and changed my clothes. I lied down my bed and looked at the ceiling. Suddenly, I heard my phone ring. I checked the ID and saw that it is Woo Jin oppa, the one who scouted me.

“Yeoboseyo?” I answered the call.

“Joo Neul-ah, guess what.”

“How would I know? Psh. What is it?” I asked.

“You’re the next artist to debut in WM!” He happily said.

“... WHAT?”

 

B1A4 got inside the dorm and changed clothes. Jinyoung, while getting water from the fridge, suddenly started to talk.

“Ya! Do you know what I found out?”

“What is it, hyung?” Gongchan shouted from the bedroom.

“I received a mail from manager hyung, and he said that Joo Neul is going to debut soon!” Jinyoung shouted.

The other 4 members suddenly got out from the bedrooms and said, “MWO-RA-GO?”


Yay! I updated again~ Since I just have to copy+paste the one I typed on MS Word~

Ne, tell me your thought about this story, please? 

 

Please leave a comment! or subscribe :)

사랑해요!
It means 'I love you!'