Chapter 12

Forget me Not

“You’re the next artist to debut in WM!” Woo Jin oppa happily said.

It took me a few seconds before I talked. “... WHAT?” My voice got a little louder.

“Aish. You’re destroying my eardrums, Joo Neul-ah. I said, you’re the next artist to debut in WM! Aren’t you happy?”

“I don’t know what I’m feeling right now... but let me ask one question.” 

“Sure. Just ask.” 

“I have been a trainee at WM for a few months only. Why do I have to debut so soon?” I asked curiously.

“Well, because the CEO thinks you already have the talent. Plus, you’ve been training at America for 3 years, right?”

“I went to America for college. I want to improve my skills on singing, that’s why I studied there. You could call it training, but I pretty think of it as studying. I think I really have to improve much. I’m not yet prepared to debut, so could you please tell the CEO?” I explained.

Woo Jin oppa seemed to be silent for awhile. As I was about to hang up, I heard him laugh.

“Yah, oppa. What’s wrong? Why are you laughing? YAAAA!” I shouted.

“Joo Neul-ah, I told you that you’ll break my eardrums if you keep shouting, right?” He reminded me.

“Mianhae, but please tell me why are you laughing.” I requested. 

“To tell you the truth, what I said was a test, or probably a joke.” Woo Jin oppa confessed. I didn’t get the meaning, though.

“Eh? What do you mean?” I was confused. What is he saying?

“I was just testing if you were after something like ‘that’. You know, fame. We encountered someone like that a long time ago, and because she said yes, we ‘kicked’ her out. I’m amazed, Lee Joo Neul, it looks like you really want to improve your skills. Don’t worry, you’re not going to debut yet.”

I. WAS. SPEECHLESS. So they just said that to test me? And I was literally shouting here because I don't know what to do... Well, the thing that I said about not being prepared is true, I have a looooooong way to go before I become a hallyu star.

“So... that’s it?”

“Yep. Should I hang up now?” 

“Yeah. I was actually waiting for you to do it.”

“Okay then, bye~ And sorry for making you worry.”

 

“Hyung! What did you say? Joo Neul is going to debut? Really?” Chansik started to cling on Jinyoung.

“Aniyo. It was a joke.” Jinyoung simply said.

“Huh?” Sandeul was confused.

“As I said, it was a joke. The thing that I said about Joo Neul debuting was a joke.” 

The 4 boys looked at each other and with a synchronized voice, they said: “Jung Jinyoung, YOU.  ARE. DEAD.”

Jinyoung hurriedly ran outside the dorm without looking behind. The 4 boys are following him, Baro is leading out of the 4, with Gongchan following right behind him.

“HYUUUUNG! WHAT KIND OF JOKE WAS THAT?” Gongchan shouted as he started to sprint.

“AISH! I don’t think I’ll be able to catch up with those two. They are the top runners of B1A4, after all.” Sandeul accepted defeat and started to slow down.

“CNU hyung, buy me ice---“ He was cut off when he didn’t find CNU with him.

“Sandeul-ah! I’m... here...” Sandeul turned around and saw CNU near their dorm. He was panting while trying to talk properly.

“Hyung!” Sandeul rushed off to CNU. “Aigoo~ You’re really slow, as usual. Let’s go back to the dorm, ne?” Sandeul invited.

“Yeah. Gomawoyo, Sandeul-ah.” CNU said as they started to walk to their dorm.

Meanwhile, Baro and Gongchan are still running after Jinyoung. The leader is starting to feel tired, but he’s really afraid of those two, especially Gongchan.

“AISH! I CAN’T TAKE THIS ANYMORE! I GIVE UP!”Jinyoung finally stopped running.

“Hyung, you can’t beat us. We‘re the youngest, we have the best stamina.” Baro boasted.

“Jinyoung hyung, please don’t do that again~ You know?” Gongchan winked at Jinyoung.

He got the message from Gongchan. He raised his both arms as sign of defeat. “Arasso, arasso. I give up, okay? I promise not to do it again. I’m sorry.” Jinyoung apologized.

“You should be. Let’s go back to the dorm now.” Baro suggested.

“Kaja!” Gongchan shouted with energy.

“Chan, you’re not supposed to shout.” Jinyoung laughed as he ruffled Gongchan’s hair.

 

“HAAAAH! That was really something.” I said to myself as I took a seat.

Well, who wouldn’t be shocked? I’ve only been a trainee for almost 3 months, and here is Woo Jin oppa, saying that I’ll debut so soon. I have never heard of someone that debuted without training for at least a year.

If you’re really after the fame, you’ll accept it right away. I bet you’ll even jump endlessly as soon as you hear it, but I’m not like that. I’m not yet sure if I can stand at stage after training for only a few months. And my dancing skills haven’t improved that much yet. Though I have a passion for it, I’m a slow learner when it comes to that.

“I should take a bath already, it’s almost 9. I have to sleep early.” I stood up and walked towards my room.

As I was looking for my clothes, I happened to come across something, the keychain that I picked up a month ago. I looked at it again carefully, trying to recognize the face covered with scratches.

“OMO! Isn’t this...” I was shocked when I recognized the face of the boy.

“Chansik?” 

 

“HYUUUNNGGGG!” Gongchan shouted from their room. They are currently cleaning up the dorm because their manager ordered them. They forgot about it so they had to do it now, it’s almost 9PM.

“Yes Chan? I’m busy arranging the utensils in the kitchen.” Jinyoung hurriedly responded.

“Did anyone of you get my keychain?”

“WHAT? It’s missing?” Sandeul entered their room and sat beside Gongchan.

“Ne...” Gongchan sounded like he was about to cry.

“Chan! Don’t cry. Is that keychain...” CNU was about to finish the sentence when Gongchan nodded.

“Don’t worry, we’ll find it. I’m sure.” Baro insisted.

Gongchan just nodded lightly. The other B1A4 members looked at each other with sad faces. They knew how important that keychain is to Gongchan. It’s something that she gave him before going away.

 

I was walking back and forth in my room. I finished taking a bath already, and I still can’t get over the thing that I saw a while ago.

“He was still keeping it?” It was the thing that I gave him before I went to America 3 years ago.

*Flashback*

“Do you think... we’ll be able to meet again?” Gongchan asked. 

“I don’t know. I’m not even sure if I’ll come back here after college, since my grandparents are living there.”

“Then what about this?” Gongchan took out something from his pocket.

“What’s that? A necklace?” I asked.

“Yep. Do you remember our last date? We bought something where we can put a picture in it. I bought this necklace.” He opened the pendant and I saw a picture of him and me when we went to Namsan tower a month ago.

“You took this picture?” I giggled. It was a memorable date, we rode the cable car, and we locked a padlock there. I kept the key with me.

“Yep. That was my favorite date ever.” He laughed. “Turn around, I’m going to put this on you.” I turn around and after a few seconds, I can feel the necklace on my neck already. 

“There. It looks good on you.” Gongchan complimented.

I looked at the necklace and remembered what I bought for him. “Oh, here’s mine.” I handed him a keychain with the picture of me and him near the Han river. His arms are on my shoulders, and I have a ‘peace’ sign on.

“Oh, you used this picture? I love it.” Gongchan happily accepted the keychain.

“So, we exchanged already our things where we can put pictures in it, what are we going to do now?” I asked.

“Keep that pendant with you, okay? Once we meet again, if you give me back the pendant, then that means that...” He stopped.

“That?” 

“That you still love me.” Gongchan looked at me in the eyes. I can feel heat on my eyes again.

“So, if you give me back the keychain, then that means that you still love me if I come back, right?” I confirmed.

“Well, I think I’ll give it back to you once you go back, though.” He hugged me tightly. “Remember what we wrote on the padlock?” 

“Yep.” I hugged him back. ‘I love you. Always and forever.’

*End of Flashback*

I took the keychain again. While holding on to it, I looked for the pendant in my bag. I was always carrying it.

“Oh. I found it.” I said to myself. I looked inside the pendant and saw the picture. The memories of our dates, our cuddling moments, everything back then, I’m starting to miss those moments.

But there is still one question that I really need the answer.

“Why is he still keeping this if he already forgot about me?”


Another update~ O u O Meh, I only have 4 homeworks today :3

2 chapters to go! ^^

By the way, thanks to all the people who commented ^^ I'm really happy reading it, no matter how short it is~

Please leave a comment! or subscribe  :)

사랑해요!
It means 'I love you!'