Chapter 7

Unexpected Lovers

School was over and our group of friends has met up.

"Noona!!!" Zelo called while running towards the group. "Oh, and Youngjae hyung."

"Yah!" Youngjae shouted.

"Mehrong." Zelo teased and held tight onto Byunni's arm.

"Twerp." Youngjae scoffed before turning to Byunni. "Are you going to work with Daehyunnie today?"

Byunni nodded and turned to the new boy that just arrived with his books.

"Oh, I'll meet you at work, I just wanna drop off my stuff at my house first." Byunni said as Daehyun nodded.

"Can we come too?!" Zelo pouted.

"Ani. I need to talk to Aram about stuff."

"Neh, annyeong noona!" Zelo said and cheered back up before leaving with Jongup on his skateboard.

"Kaja Aram~" Byunni smiled and hooked arms with her best friend before heading to her house.

"What are you hiding?" Aram asked suspiciously.

"What? What are you talking about?" Byunni joked.

"No seriously." Aram said sternly.

"Okay fine! Do you still like Himchan sunbae?"

"M-Maybe."

"Well, since you guys know that I work now, do you want to see him?"

"Mwoh!? You work with him and you never told me once?! Some friend you are!"

"Do you want to go or not?"

"No, I am upset at you."

"If you say so!" Byunni smiled and walked into her house knowing that her friend would give in once she comes back outside. Byunni said hello to Soojin and placed her school supplies in her room before leaving again. Aram, however, was sitting on her steps waiting for her. "So are you coming?"

"Maybe..." Aram trailed off and Byunni just giggled at her stubborn friend before linking arms and walking to the little cafe.

***

[Meanwhile]

Daehyun was walking alone toward the job that Byunni helped him get. He entered and noticed two males that he never seen worked there. Jieun noticed him walk in and dragged him over to the two. One was broad and had a dark stare but a warm gummy smile. The other was a bit pale and looked sort of childish but at the same time mature.

"Daehyun, this is Yongguk and Himchan." Jieun introduced.

"Sup, Bang Yongguk imida."

"Kim! Him! Chan!!" Hyosung yelled just before the boy could even introduced himself.

"Mianhae. Excuse me, but I'm Himchan." Himchan said and left the three.

"Sorry, the voice you heard was Hyosung unnie. She's a bit bossy sometimes but she's always there to lend a hand." Jieun explained.

"Where's Byunni?" Yonguk asked the younger two. Jieun looked over to Daehyun but he only shrugged his shoulders. Coincidentally, Byunni had walked through the door with Aram.

"Byunni, you're here!" Jieun exclaimed and rushed over to her.

"I have to be here, remember unnie?" Byunni smiled. "By the way, where's Himchan Sunbae and Hana and Sunhwa unnie?"

"You know Hana and Sunhwa work the morning shifts. Himchan, on the other hand, is talking with Hyosung." Yongguk cut in. Byunni looked over at Aram and she just nodded, notifying her friend that she could wait. Daehyun on the other hand went to the back to change to his uniform. Byunni followed suit.

"Uhm. You could go in first." Daehyun said, motioning toward Byunni.

"No it's okay, I'll just take my clothes to the bathroom and change." The girl smiled and grabbed her things. Daehyun only nodded, smiled, and changed.

It's nice to meet someone like her after all the misfortunes. I wonder how appa and umma are doing. Daehyun let out a huge sigh and tied his apron. Byunni walked out of the bathroom tying her hair up in a ponytail, holding her clothes under her arm.

"Oh Oppa, you're done too." Byunni smiled. "I'll meet you behind the counter. I just need to put my clothes away."

The older boy nodded as Byunni went into the employee lounge. The girl locked her things in her assigned locker. Just as she was about to leave, the door swung open and bumped into Himchan.

"Umph." A tiny voice trailed out as Byunni fell back. As she looked up, she noticed a shocked Himchan. "Oh, mianhae sunbae."

Byunni quickly got up on her feet and bowed. Himchan blinked at the younger girl, still processing what happened.

"Sunbaenim? Gwenchana?" She waved her hand in front of his face. He smiled and nodded. "See you later then and I'm sorry, again."

He held his hand over his heart, trying to slow down his beating. He smiled and left the lounge, forgetting what he came in there for.


A/N: Hey guys! If you already read the foreword and blog,
Then you know that I got my motivation back to write this
So look foward to it and like always
Subscribe~ Comment~ and now Upvote~

(BTW sorry for the boring-ish chapter)