Chapter 5

Unexpected Lovers

-The Next Day-

Daehyun got out of bed annoyed by his alarm.  He stretched before rubbing his eyes to adjust to the light.  When he got a closer look at the clock he realized he slept in a bit later than usual.

", going to be late!" He scrambled out of bed and rushed his morning routine before putting on his uniform.  He quickly grabbed his bagpack and left the house.  He ran down the street and only bumped into the Byunni and her friends.

"Mianhae, I'm going to be late." He said not looking up, trying to pick up his papers.

"Daehyun-ssi?" Byunni called.  The boy on the floor finally looked up and noticed the group of 5 staring at him.

"Morning." Daehyun sheepishly smiled. Youngjae scoffed and kept on walking.

"Let's go guys, we're going to be late if we don't hurry." Youngjae called. The two younger boys, Jongup and Zelo followed. Aram was glancing between the boys and Byunni, deciding who to follow.

"I'll see you at school Byunni." Aram said and waved.

"Araso." Byunni smiled before bending down to help. "Are you okay?"

"Hmm? Oh, yea. I'm fine." Daehyun smiled. Byunni stood up and handed him the last of his papers. "Thanks."

"No problem." Byunni smiled and walked ahead. "Aren't you coming? School is going to start soon."

"Oh right." Daehyun said and tailed after Byunni.

"You bump into people a lot." Byunni teased.

"Yea, I'm kinda known as a klutz. Mian."

"Ani, it's funny and bit on the cute side."

"What?"

"Nothing." Byunni smiled. "You're coming to work today right?"

Daehyun nodded, still staring at the girl. "Byunni, how old are you?"

"19. Waeyo?"

"So that's oppa to you."

"Araso, Daehyun oppa." Byunni smiled. "I should get to class. Sit with me and my friends at lunch?"

"I don't know. I don't think they like me."

"It's fine. See you then." Byunni waved and went off to her class while Daehyun went to his.


-In Class-

Byunni took her seat beside Youngjae.

"What did you and the poor boy talk about?" Youngjae asked.

"Nothing much. He's going to sit with us today at lunch though."

"Bwoh? Wae?"

"Because he's new so just be nice to him."

"Is that your only reason?"

"Ani, he's also my coworker now."

"Wah, Song Byunni chinja daebak! You barely know him and you're already spoiling him."

"What? I'm just being nice. He's new and he needs friends plus he needed a job yesterday so I asked Hyosung unnie to give him a position." Byunni said and opened up her notebook. Before Youngjae could comment or ask anything else, Professor Shin walked in.

"Morning class." She greeted.

"Morning." The class greeted back.

"Are you guys almost finished with your projects. Tomorrow's the last day you guys work on it." She announced. Some nodded but many didn't respond. "Araso. I'll give you this time to work on it with your partners."

"Neh." The class replied before moving around.

"Byunni unnie!" A younger girl in the class called.

"Neh?" Byunni turned her attention to the girl standing by her.

"Me and my mom made you this to help reduce the itches and marks."

"Gomawo Chaehwi-ah."

"Byunni hwaiting!" She cheered and went back to her partner.

"See Byunni, you still have your fans." Youngjae said. "Now back to that Daehoon kid."

"His name is Daehyun."

"Okay, okay. You expect me nice to a guy that made the worst impression ever by spilling food on my favorite dongsaeng?"

"Yes."

"Well that was blunt."

"Oh just be nice. Now help me edit." Byunni said and the two took out their highlighters, highlighting the grammar mistakes and anything else that could be changed or removed.


-Meanwhile-

Daehyun was almost suffering in his class with the boys staring at him and the girls drooling.

"This is going to be a long year." Daehyun muttered and tried to focus on his work. The problem was worse since he was in the same class as the twins and of course Yunhee.

"What's up with the new student?" Yunhee asked the twins.

"He's being stared down." Kiri answered while filing her nails.

"That's pathetic. Why would they want to look at him when I'm here?" Yunhee replied a bit annoyed at her classmates. The boys heard her and switched their attention to her. Yunhee smiled and waved. Half the boys swooned while the others still remained focus all except for Daehyun of course.

"Well, well, well, seems like the new kid isn't interested." Kira teased.

"Shut up! He'll look. I promise you." Yunhee said as she stood up and went over to the empty seat next to Daehyun. The girls that were look at him immediately went back to their notebook since they knew liking Yunhee's target would always bring trouble. "Hi there."

Daehyun didn't reply and it annoyed Yunhee, so she tried again. "Hi there." She said again but swiftly pulled her hair back behind her ear.

"Hi." Daehyun said nonchantly.

"How do you like our new school?"

"It's fine. Are you done now?"

"Bwoh?"

"I said are you done now?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh please, don't act. You know very well what I'm talking about." Daehyun taunted, not even looking up from his notebook.

"Well, I assure you that I don't."

"Yunha, Yunhae, or whatever your name is, I'm not intereseted."

"Bwoh?!" Yunhee was now furious. No one boy has ever said that to her, yet not even bothered remembering her name.

"You heard me right. Just go back to your seat with your twin friends." Daehyun said, still not looking up.

"You will regret this!" Yunhee fumed and stormed back to her original seat. A few guys looked at Daehyun in amazement for turning down the second best queenka of the school. Others were worried about Yunhee and what she would do to him.

"Ha, I told you Kiri! You owe me lunch." Kira cooed at her sister before turning and saw Yunhee fuming. Kira silently sat back in her seat.

"He'll regret. I'll make sure he'll regret it." Yunhee muttered.

"Uh oh, things are going to get nasty real quick." Kiri whispered to her sister and Kira only nodded.

"Would you two shut up and let me think!?" Yunhee yelled just as the teacher, Mr. Cha walked in. Everyone went into complete silence.

"Is there something you like to say Miss Lee?" Mr. Cha asked.

"Yes actually." Yunhee stood on her chair. "From today onwards, the new student, Jung Daehyun is my new target." No one had a surprised look on their faces, including Daehyun.

"Are you done Miss Lee?"

"Yes sir."

"Now please sit down so I may begin my lesson."

"Neh." Yunhee smiled and glanced over at Daehyun who didn't even bother looking at her. Just you wait, I'll get you for sure. No one dares make a fool of Lee Yunhee.