Chapter 9

Unexpected Lovers

"Thanks for the ride home Himchan Sunbae. I'll see you tomorrow at school Dae Oppa." Byunni called as she stepped out of the car and headed into her home. Daehyun, unknown of her status, gawked at the size of her home. The two boys smiled and waved the girl off.

"So, where do you live?" Himchan asked the boy.

"Oh, I live a couple of streets down." Daehyun smiled, feeling uncomfortable again.

"Alright. Hang on." Himchan warned as he sped away from the curb. Daehyun stopped Himchan in front of a decent looking house. Daehyun stepped out and nodded his thank you as Himchan sped off. The boy sighed as he made his way down the corner, to the more poorer part of the neighborhood. He found the apartment building and climbed the stairs to the very top, unlocked the door and found his mother asleep on the table waiting for him with dinner.

The poor boy sighed, put down his stuff before picking up his mother and placed her on the sleeping matt. Daehyun picked up his backpack, taking out his homework. While he was eating, he completed his homework, he ate his dinner his mother made. By the time he was done with his school work, it was almost midnight. Cleaning up his materials, the boy set aside his backpack and washed the dishes before deciding it was officially lights out for him too.

A few streets away, Byunni was still wide awake. She wasn't up doing her homework but she was up talking to her parents. She was about to sleep early but her parents had walked in. Her parents had told her about their business trips and all the beautiful views they saw when they were away. Byunni enjoyed their stories but this time, she wasn't too happy. Her father had told her that they would have to be away for a while because of an educational system for the poor.

Byunni was used to her parents being away but she got sad and upset when she looked at other normal teens her age with their friends and family.  She didn't care about the bullies, sure once in a while she would become upset and down but in the end she had her friends.

"Byunni-ah. We're doing the best we can te get everyone a good education, especially you." Her dad said.

"You know we love you and you know that we would stay if we could." Her mother added. Byunni could only nod as she hugged both of her parents. "If you want, you could have a friend stay over or something. What about Aram?"

Byunni smiled at the thought but she shook her head. "I won't be able to focus on any of my school work then."

"Alright, but if you ever change your mind, we're always a phone call away." Her father smiled.

"Alright. Good night Umma. Good night Appa." Byunni said as her mother tucked her in.

"Good night our little princess." Her father said as he turned off the lights and left the room with her mother. "We'll see you when we come back."

Byunni couldn't sleep a wink. She just laid in bed, thinking how lonely she was going to be. At least she'll have Soojin around. But she usually went home during weekends. Byunni got up and stood by her window. When she did, she felt an uneasy feeling. She wanted comfort but she didn't know who to go too. The first person that popped in her head was Daehyun... Byunni didn't understand it herself but she felt like a burden to her friends. She always acted so cheerful except under certain situations but she was always bright. The girl smiled at the thought of her friends.

She glanced at the clock and realized it was already 1 AM. She quickly climbed in bed, knowing she would be tired the next day.


[The Next Morning]

The two got up earlier than usual. Daehyun helped his mother leave for work. Byunni got up to say goodbye to her parents. The two sighed before making their way to school. Youngjae and Aram were waiting at the gate for their best friend. Byunni had looked down and walked right passed them, unaware of their presense. The two looked at each other confusingly as Daehyun walked up behind them. Youngjae turned around the taller boy.

"Did something happened to Byunni after you guys left work?" Youngjae asked, but Daehyun shrugged his shoulders.

"She seemed fine yesterday in the car."

"Aram let's go. We'll see you later Daehyun." Youngjae waved and ran off with Aram to find Byunni. Daehyun tilted his head in confusion. All of a sudden, Yunhee came up behind him, leaning on his arm.

"Morning Daehyun." She whispered seductively. Daehyun inwardly groaned and shook her off before walking away. Yunhee lost her balance but quickly caught her footing. She wanted to scream. This target is difficult, but I'll get him. One way or another. The evil girl smirked before walking off to find the twins.

Byunni sulked in her chair in the classroom. Youngjae sat down next to her. Aram stood in front of the two.

"Nini~ Is something a matter?" Aram called. Byunni shook her head, sitting up and smiling her fake smile. Another student gasped in the classroom as he walked in before muttering, "Byunni-ssi is using her fake smile."

Youngjae smiled. "Time to spill it out Nini." Byunni couldn't help but laugh.

"Fine. It's just that my parents are leaving again and well, it's going to be lonely in the house for a while."

"Ah! We could sleep over! It'll be a blast." Aram chimed.

"My parents did say I could invite people over to stay while they're gone."

"That's perfect! I'm pretty sure my parents wouldn't mind either. We could ask Jongup and Zelo later too." Youngjae added.

"You guys are the best!" Byunni smiled her real smile and her two best friends gave her a hug, but Youngjae ended up messing with her hair. Byunni didn't care, she knew she had the bestest friends in the world.


[Meanwhile in Daehyun's Class]

Daehyun sighed. His thoughts led him to think about the Byunni's little sad face earlier. However, Yunhee decided to come up to him and broke his train of thought.

"What do you want?" He scowled.

"Oh Daehyunnie, don't be like that." Yunhee cooed but Daehyun only turned the other shoulder.

"Look Yunhee-ssi. Yes, you're very pretty but you honestly aren't my type. You're first impression wasn't the best either. Now I would like it if you would kindly stay out of my life." Daehyun said in his kindest voice he could mutter up, but Yunhee only leaned in closer.

"Oh Daehyun. If only you knew. Once you're my target, you are my goal. I'll get you one way or another. Just wait and see." Yunhee whispered before getting up and moving to her seat. The boy shivered and just glared at the girl strutting her way across the room.

"Why is she so desparate?" Daehyun muttered.

"So class, let's begin!" Mr.Cha said as he walked in the door.


[Lunch Time]

"There are times where I appreciate school and then their are times when it's a complete bore! Like c'mon!" Zelo chimed as he and Jongup met up with Byunni and the older kids.

"It's okay Junhongie. At least you aren't bullied by queenka Yunhee and her robotic twin followers." Youngjae commented.

"Hey, that's not nice... Even if it's true." Byunni muttered. "Anyway Zelo and Jonguppie~ Would you guys want to stay at Byunni's house while her parents are away?"

"What are we talking about?"  asked Daehyun as he walked up behind them.

"Hey Daehyun!" Aram said which made Byunni look up at the older boy. "We're talking about how we're going to stay at Byunni's house. If you want to join us you can."

"What?! We never agreed on that?!" Byunni exclaimed. "I mean it's not like I don't like you, I do. It's just that I don't know you very well and I don't you to be uncomfortable or anything... I should shut up now."

Daehyun blinked at the girl and started laughing. "It's fine. I understand you'r viewpoint, but I can't stay anyway. I have to stay home and help my mom."

"Oh. That's sweet of you. But if you ever want to stop by, you should!" Aram called.

"Let's eat! I'm starving!" Youngjae broke the conversation.

"Hyung is always hungry." Zelo chimed as he skipped away with Byunni as she called out, "It's true!"

"Yah! Get back here you two." Youngjae yelled as he chased after them.

"Let's join them." Jongup pointed at the three pabos as Daehyun, him, and Aram joined them at the table.

"Anyway Byunni unnie. I can probably ask Umma and Appa later tonight if I can stay over." Zelo said as the other three reached the table.

"Same here unnie!" Jongup smiled.

"Great! If you guys make it tonight, we can have a major movie marathon after work." Byunni added. "This day seriously couldn't get better."

"Byunni-ssi. You're having a sleepover and I'm not invited." Yunhee interuppted.

"Can we ever go one day without you!?" Youngjae shouted causing everyone around him to flinch.

"Hey. That's unfair. If I have to deal with her everyday in class then you guys have to deal with her at lunch." Daehyun commented.

"Yah! Don't yell at me Yoo Youngjae! Daehyunnie, don't be like that."

"Look kid. You're not invited. Never. Especially when it involves us. So I would appreciate if you would leave."

"Sorry Yunhee-ssi. I don't think it's a good idea anyway. Mianhae." Byunni added.

"Fine. Just watch Byunni. You and your pathetic friends will get it for turning me down over and over again." Yunhee snapped her fingers before her and the twins turn on their heels and walked away.

"Wow they're pathetic." Daehyun commented as soon as they were out of hearing range. "Are they like this everyday with you guys?"

"Pretty much but it's become more consistent with you around." Youngjae muttered.

"Oppa!" Byunni smacked his arm. "It's fine Daehyunnie Oppa. I can handle it. Don't mind the others."

"Thanks Byunni." Daehyun said as the group finished their lunches before heading off to class.


A/N
Sorry for not updating. Just been super busy with being a counsoler for this summer camp.
Those kids are crazy.
Trying to becareful since Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease is spreading
and so is head lice -.-
LIKE EW!
Anyway, hope you enjoy this long update.
And Sorry once again. I'll try to update more.
<3
Remember
Subscribe~ Comment~ and Upvote~