Chapter 1

Unexpected Lovers

Sixteen year old Song Byunni was gettting ready for school with the help of her maid, Shin Soojin.  Soojin placed Byunni's uniform on her bed before going downstairs to make her little mistress breakfast.  As Byunni walked down the steps fully dressed, Soojin placed Byunni's plate on the table.

"Gomawo Unnie!" Byunni chimed before grabbing a fork and chowing down.

"Ani, it's my job.  Hurry and finish eating so you won't be late be late."  Soojin instructed as she was cleaning the dishes.  Byunni noddee and continued eating.  By 6:50, Byunni finished, gave her plate to Soojin, and walked out the door.  She met up with her friend, Park Aram, down the block.

"Annyeong Byunni!"

"Annyeong Aram-ah." Byunni greeted back.

"You ready for school?"

"Neh, let's go! How are you and Himchan sunbaenim doing? I heard you guys are talking now." Byunni teased and glanced over at Aram, who was blushing.

"Aniya! I only talk to him on SNS and that's it!!!" Aram reasoned.

"Aram-ah, I'm only teasing."

"That's not funny!" Aram pouted as Byunni giggled at her silliness.  The two of us approched the school gates and immediately the other queenkas, the Kang twins, Kang Kira and Kang Kiri, and their leader, Lee Yunhee stepped up.

"Annyeong Chingu!" Yunhee chimed in her fake voice.

"Annyeong Unnie!" Byunni smiled but Aram looked away, annoyed at Yunhee's presence.

"Everything okay lately? After all I need to look after my favorite little dongsaeng!" Yunhee claimed and Aram rolled her eyes.

"Of course everything's okay.  What could go wrong on a day like this?" Byunni chimed. "Sorry unnie, but Aram and I have to get to class now." Byunni grabbed Aram's arm and dragged her away from Yunhee and the twins.

"Why do you even talk to her when you don't like her?" Aram asked.

"Molla.  Yunhee sunbaenim follows me." Byunni replied as they past a group of guys. Byunni glanced over and realized it was her classmate, Youngjae and his friends.

"Oh, Youngjae Oppa!" Byunni called and waved before walking over with Aram.

"Annyeong Byunni noona! Annyeong Aram noona!" Youngjae's friends, Zelo and Jongup greeted.

"Hi guys!" Aram replied.

"Byunni-ah, did you do your part of the project yet? It's due today." Youngjae reminded the girl.

"Chinja? Oh, mianhae oppa.  I think I left it at home." Byunni exclaimed as her shoulders deflated for disappointing her partner.

"Gwenchana. Knowing you, I printed out your part just in case."

"Wah! Youngjae Oppa Jjang!" Byunni praised giving him two thumbs up before taking her report from his hand.  The boys gave out a hearty chuckle before the bell rang.

"Looks like it's time to go to class." Jongup said.

"Awwh, but I want to spend time with noona!" Zelo whined. 

"Later, Zelo. We'll see you at lunch time." Aram confirmed and Zelo instantly smiled and walked away with Jongup to their classrooms as Aram, Youngjae and Byunni walked in the other direction.

 


As the three entered their homeroom, their teacher, Professor Shin walked in.

"Good morning class. Everyone take your seats." She greeted and the students did as they were told. "Great, now take out your project assignments and start working on it with your partners." 

"Neh!" The students said and started moving to their partners.  Byunni scooted her chair closer to Youngjae and started to discuss their class project. 

In a few hours, the lunch bell rung and everyone rushed out to the cafeteria.

"Byunni-ah, pali! All the food is going to get taken! Plus, we need to hurry if we don't want to bump into Yunhee and her minions." Aram called by the door.

"Mwoh?" Yunhee said appearing from the hallway.

"Who are you to call us that?" Kira snapped.

"Yeah! You have no right!" Kiri agreed. Aram turned around and stepped back.

"Yunhee Unnie, please forgive Aram. She didn't mean it." Byunni begged.

"Araso. Anything for my dongsaeng." Yunhee fakely smiled and walked away.

"Better watch it. You were lucky this time." Kiri said and followed Yunhee out with her sister.  When the girls were sure they were gone and couldn't hear us anymore, Aram threw a little tantrum.

"Aish! Chinja!? Why didn't anyone warn me?" Aram cried and took Byunni's arm and dragged her to the cafeteria with Youngjae following behind. "You owe me big time!"

"Araso! Now let go of my arm, I feel like a dog." Byunni joked and Aram let go. "Let's go find Zelo and Jongup now!"

"Found them." Youngjae pointed at the tall boy standing on the table looking around the room and the other on the ground smiling and trying to get the younger down.

"I see Byunni noona!" Zelo called and waved his arms frantically in the air.

"Aigoo. What to do with you boys?" Byunni cooed when she came over.

"Molla!" Zelo replied and led everyone to the lunch line. "Noona, will you feed me today?"

"Wae? You're a big boy now." Byunni teased.

"Awwh.  Aram noona can you feed me today?"

"Haha, araso Baby Junnie." Aram teased.

"Yay!" Zelo called and got his food and paid.  Everyone else did the same and went back to their usual table.  Lunch was always the same.  It was filled with the strangest conversations, loudest laughters and cute teasings.  Nothing was ever normal with this bunch, except for today.  Something out of the ordinary happened today.  As Byunni got up throw away her tray, she turned and accidently bumped into another boy.  The boy crashed and spilled everything onto her uniform, leaving an ugly stain.  Everyone in the cafeteria turned their attention toward the two.