Chapter 10

Unexpected Lovers

By the end of the day, the group had met up again in the front of the school, like usual. However, the only difference this time was that a familiar queenka was ready to follow them home, especially the boy that goes by the name of Jung Daehyun. It was none other Yunhee herself. As the group left, Youngjae, Aram, Jongup and Zelo went home to ask their parents about as Daehyun and Byunni went to work.

"Hey. Uhm, I'll meet you later at the cafe. I need to drop home first." Daehyun said as he walked with the girl.

"Yeah sure. See you later then." Byunni said. "Oh wait. Here's some cookies."

"What are these for?"

"They're just for a snack. In case you get hungry on the way home." The girl replied softly as she looked to the floor trying to hide her flushed cheeks. However, around the corner, Yunhee was furious and definately wasn't going to let her get away with such a pitiful attempt.

"Thanks Byunni. I'll eat it well. See you later at the cafe." Daehyun waved off as he made his way home and Byunni left for the cafe as Yunhee continued her quest to follow Daehyun.

***

[Near Daehyun's Home]

As Daehyun was about to open his door, Yunhee crouched behind the stairs that led up to the roof. Aish. Did I really choose a target that lives like this? Thought the queenka. When she heard the front door shut, she stood up with her arms crossed.

"So the fearless target is nothing but a pitiful rat." Yunhee muttered as she looked down on the ground. However, Daehyun stepped out of his home and locked the door. But he froze in his spot as he recognized the familiar hated figure in front of him.

"Y-Yah! Why are you here?" Daehyun half shouted which ended up scaring Yunhee.

"You! Live here? Of all places?" Yunhee spat.

"So? What's wrong with it?"

"People like you don't belong at our school."

"What of it?"

"Yet you hang out with four of the richest people at our school."

"Three? I hang out with five others."

"Oh, you're thinking of Aram. Pft, that brat is nothing compared to the others. She's average, but better than you at least."

"Yah! I didn't ask you to follow me."

"Wait until the school here's about your dirty secret or should I say poor secret?" Yunhee smiled and Daehyun glared at her.

"You wouldn't dare?"

"You want to bet? I mean unless..."

"Unless?"

"You agree to be my boyfriend?"

"You're a dirty and you know it Yunhee."

"Pft, don't act innocent. I bet none of your friends know about this either. Knowing Youngjae, he would've thrown you away the moment he found out. Don't forget your little crush on Byunni will reject you too."

"W-What crush?" Daehyun stuttered. Even the boy himself was unaware of his little blooming crush, so how did this wentch figure it out?

"A few days at our school and every boy like you would fall heads over heels for that little witch."

"You're the real witch Yunhee, and you know it."

"Don't sass me. Do you agree with my proposition or should I tell Byunni of your crush and the entire school or your pathetic life?"

"Fine! Once this is over, you'll regret it." Daehyun spat and bumped into her as he left.

"Ha. You thought this would end? You truly are pathetic. Jung. Dae. Hyun." Yunhee smiled as her heel and headed home.

***

[At the Cafe]

Daehyun barged into the cafe with frustration and stomped straight into the staff room. Byunni looked up from what she was doing and followed the enraged boy.

"Oppa?" Byunni started but the staff room door was slammed and it echoed through the cafe.

"Yah, Byunni-ah? What's going on with your friend of yours?" Yongguk asked.

"I don't know..." Byunni replied and left her work to figure out. Just as she was about to knock on the door, Daehyun opened it and walked right straight into her, causing the both of them to fall. As the two of them open their eyes, they were a bit too close for comfort. Byunni's and Daehyun's cheeks grew bright red as they realized that their lips were in contact with one another.

Himchan walked in the hallway, trying to get in the staff room but paused as he saw the awkward scene in front of him. He cleared his throat and Byunni pushed the older off.

"M-Mianhae Daehyun Oppa..." Byunni stuttered as she got up and ran back to the counter to finish her work.

"Byunni-ah wait!" Daehyun called. "Aish."

"Yah. Jung Daehyun!" Himchan called just as he was about to turn the corner.

"Neh?" Daehyun turned around.

"Don't hurt Byunni. This isn't over." Himchan said as he walked into the staff room, leaving the younger confused and lost. Himchan sensed his competition and he sure wasn't going to give up on his love for Byunni, not just yet.

"What is he talking about?" Daehyun muttered, before starting his work. "Now where did Byunni go?"

"What happened to you?" Yongguk asked the boy as he came out.

"A-ah. Nothing." Daehyun replied sheepishly.

"Don't let it affect you're work. Byunni's outside cleaning the tables. Whatever happened between you and her, you better fix it. She's bumped into the door 5 times just now." Yongguk glared at the boy and left.

"Aish. It's only my second day and I'm already getting into trouble." Daehyun muttered before finding Byunni.

Daehyun stepped outside to find the girl spacing out.

"Ottoke? How am I supposed to face him now? Aish. Pabo Byunni-ah." The girl muttered causing the older boy to laugh at her silliness.

"Yah. Song Byunni." Daehyun called. Byunni literally almost jumped out of her skin and ended up knocking over a chair.

"Ah. Daehyun Oppa..." Byunni whispered.

"Gwenchana?" Daehyun smiled. Thanks to Yunhee, he was aware of his blooming crush and because of her, he can't do anything about it.

"Huh? Oh, neh." Byunni said still unable to look at him straight in the eye.

"Mianhae."

"Oh?" Byunni looked up at the older boy.

"Mianhae."

"Waeyo?"

"Kiss... Mian." Daehyung said, sheepishly scratching behind his neck.

"Ah. It's okay. Accidents happen all the time." Byunni smiled, hinting a little blush. "You should probably get back to work. You don't want to anger Hyosung unnie."

"Araso." Daehyun said as the both of them got back to work.

Just as the boy went inside, Youngjae and the others showed up.

"Yah! Byunni-ah! Oohh, our princess has become Cinderella!" Youngjae cooed.

"Ha ha. Very funny Yoo Youngjae." Byunni replied.

"Yah! That's Oppa to you."

"Mehrong." Byunni stuck her tongue out before rushing inside to avoid the wrath of the older boy.

“Aish hyung. We came here to visit Byunni noona and you made her run away. Why is hyung always so scary?” Zelo complained before going inside.

“Zelo has a point.” Jongup added before following the younger but taller boy inside as well.

“Do you agree with them Aram?” Youngjae huffed, clearly a sign that he wasn’t going to give in even though he knew he was wrong.

“Yes...” Aram muttered before following the other two, leaving Youngjae alone. Before following the rest of his friends, Youngjae muttered to himself in annoyance which gained him a few stares from the passing strangers as he opened the doors.

“Youngjae hyung!!” Jongup called.

“Bwohya!?”

“Are you mad?”

“No.”

“Well good because we have news. You see those girls over there in the corner?”

“Yeah what about them?”

“Aram heard them talking about how Yunhee-ssi is already in a relationship. You don’t think it’s him do you?” Jongup whispered as Daehyun walked by. The older boy smiled before going back to work but Youngjae and Jongup gave a suspicious stare and a small wave.

 “No. That idiot hates her as much as we do by now. There’s no way that he’s dating Yunhee.”

“But she never fails to get her target and she doesn’t give up either.” Jongup commented.

“What are you guys talking about?” Byunni said as she gave Jongup’s usual order to him and a cup to Youngjae.

“Apparently Yunhee has a boyfriend.” Jongup stated and Youngjae immediately elbowed him in the rib. “Ow! Hyung, why’d you do that?!”

“Oh, well then I hope she’s happy with her new boyfriend.” Byunni said and walked away glum.

“You don’t think noona likes Daehyun hyung right?” Jongup questioned.

“No way! Our Byunni even liking a dork like him, there’s no way at all. I won’t allow it.” Youngjae retaliated.

“But it’s noona’s feelings, not yours.” Zelo said from behind the two.

“Omo! Yah! Don’t sneak up on us like that!” Youngjae shouted.

“Would you three keep quiet?!” Aram said and pushed them toward the booth. “You’re making other people stare!”

As the four continued with their petty gossip, Byunni was fighting with her own emotions behind the counter. Byunni couldn’t figure out why she seemed so upset about Yunhee’s possible new boyfriend. She looked up and watched Daehyun make an expresso. His brows tensed up to focus on his creation. She laughed to herself and caused Daehyun to look up. He gave her a questioning look but Byunni just waved it off. Daehyun just smiled and went back to perfecting his creation.

“Pabo.” Byunni muttered but laughed to herself.

“I heard that.” Daehyun smirked and gave the order to the waiting customer on the other side of the counter.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Byunni smiled and walked away. However, her smile immediately disappeared as she bumped into the person that walked through the door. You guessed it; it was none other than Yunhee herself.

“Excuse me. You should really watch where you’re going Byunni.” Yunhee said. She scanned the café as if she was looking for someone and ignored the girl on the floor that was glaring at her.

“Byunni!” Aram said as she saw her friend get up and rushed over to help. When Aram approached Byunni, Yunhee had disappeared and went up to the counter to flirt. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, just perfect.” Byunni said and rubbed off the dirt that may have gotten on her clothes.

“Geez, she’s getting more and more annoying!” Aram complained. She looked over at Yunhee and noticed that Daehyun was smiling. “Bwo?! Why is Daehyun talking with Yunhee but most importantly why is he smiling!?”

“It’s part of our code. We have to be nice to the customers.” Byunni justified.

“I guess.” Aram said.

“I knew there was nothing good about him.” Youngjae commented, coming up from behind.

“It’s just part of the job! Daehyun is a good guy.” Byunni blurted.

“Whoa now, no need to get so defensive.” Youngjae retaliated.

“You don’t like him do you?” Aram questioned.

“What?! No! I mean I like him as a friend…” Byunni trailed off.

“Are you sure that’s just it?” Jongup added as he walked up with Zelo.

“Maybe. I don’t know.” Byunni said.

“Just follow your heart Byunni. Ignore what Youngjae Pabo is saying over here.” Aram encouraged.

“Yeah noona! You guys would look cute together.” Zelo added.

“I don’t know. I guess we’ll see what happens.” Byunni said and glanced at Daehyun. However at that moment, Yunhee kissed Daehyun on the cheek, leaving Daehyun in utter disbelief. “Or not…”

“I told you guys!” Youngjae said.

“See you later Jagi~” Yunhee coed as she left the café. The other four watched gawking as Daehyun immediately wiped off the remaining of her kisses after she left. Byunni and the others rushed over to Daehyun.

“What was that?!” Aram questioned.

“Yeah. I’m just letting Yunhee be my girlfriend so I can get it over with.” Daehyun smiled. “I don’t really like her. I like someone else.”

“Chinja? Who?!” Jongup pondered.

“She’s standing in front of me.” Daehyun smiled as he looked at Byunni before walking away, leaving the group in shock.