Chapter 3

Unexpected Lovers

-Meanwhile-

The school nurse just walked in and found Daehyun still on the bed, sleeping.

"Excuse me?" The nurse said and shook the boy awake. "School's over sweetie.  You need to go home now."

"Oh, kamsahamida." Daehyun bowed and walked out of the clinic to find his classroom.  On the way out, he noticed everyone was on their phone watching a video.  He grew curious but kept to himself and looked for his backpack.  

Before walking out to the front, he saw Byunni run away with her friends not far behind.  He noticed the girl with two other girls that looked like twins were smiling.  He decided to ignore the situation and walk home.  Today, was a pain in the neck. He thought. At least, I met one really nice girl.  I hope I get to see her again. Daehyun thought on the way home.

He lived in a roof-top house.  His mom was probably away and he had nothing to do but homework.  He started the stove to make some ramen for himself before putting his backpack down. This was his daily routine.  He had to finish his homework before going out to search for a new part time job.  He had to help his mom pay rent.  Around 3, Daehyun had slipped on his shoes, locked the door, and left to search for his new job.

 

-At the Song's Mansion-

Soojin was cooking when she heard the door opened and slammed closed.

"Byunni-ah, is that you?" Soojin called out.

"N-Neh." Byunni sniffled.

"Is something wrong?"

"Ani!" Byunni denied. "I'll be going to my room now."

"Araso." Soojin said and continued cooking until there were loud knocks on the door. 

"Yah! Song Byunni! Open this door right now!" Youngjae called. Soojin quickly washed her hands before running to open the door.

"Soojin unnie! Can you let us in?!" Aram called.

"Neh." Soojin said and opened the door wider. "Did something happened at school today?"

The group only nodded but soon ran up the steps to Byunni's room.

"Noona! Gwenchana?!" Zelo cried and barged into her room.

"Yah! You could've at least knocked." Youngjae nagged.

"Hyung is a meanie." Zelo said and stuck his tongue out.

"Why you-" Youngjae started but was cut off when Jongup asked for Byunni's whereabouts.

"She should be in here somewhere." Aram said looking around the room.

"What are you guys doing?" Byunni said appearing behind Youngjae who was still standing in the door frame.

"Omoya! Where did you come from?" Youngjae jumped and held his chest.

"The bathroom?" Byunni joked and walked inside her room and jumped on her bed.

"You're room has changed so much." Youngjae commented while looking at the elegant black and white furnishing.

 

 

"It's pretty isn't it? I wanted a grown up feel instead. I'm happy that daddy was able to get this for me." Byunni smiled.

"So how are you feeling, noona?" Jongup asked.

"I've been better." Byunni said and turned until she was laying on her back.

"Don't let Yunhee get to you. The other students don't know who you're your really are.  We're your true friends and that's all that  matters." Aram reasoned.

"Gomawo Aram-ah!" Byunni smiled before giving the younger girl a big bear hug.

"I want a hug too noona!" Zelo called out and joined in with the two girls.

"Araso, araso. Everyone, group hug!" Byunni called and the small group ran over to her bed and crowded the kind princess.

"It's almost 4. We should get started on homework." Youngjae said.

"Hyung's a partypooper!!" Zelo called.

"Yah!"

"Chinja!? It's already 4?! I have to go to work."  Byunni called out.

"You work?!" Jongup gasped.

"But you have everything you ever asked for." Aram said.

"Yea, but I want to earn what I need." Byunni reason and grabbed her jacket before leaving and running down the stairs.

"Byunni-ah, you're snack!" Soojin called out the door and Byunni came running back to grab it.

"Gomawo unnie!" Byunni said and ran down the block to her job.

 

On the way, Byunni bumped into someone she least expected.

"Aish, why does this always happen to me?!" She muttered.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you." She apologized before looking up. "Oh, Daehyun-ssi."

"Gwenchana?" Daehyun asked.  Byunni nodded and smiled.

"I have to go. Sorry I can't talk, I have to get to work." Byunni said and was about to go but Daehyun caught her arm.

"Uhm, sorrying for asking, but do you think they need another person?" Daehyun said shyly scratching the back of his neck.

"I don't know, but you could come with me and find out. Pali!" Byunni urged and took his hand and led him down the block.