Chapter 4

Unexpected Lovers

Byunni and Daehyun were walking down the street hand in hand.  Bystanders did nothing but stared at the cute eye candy couple.  Girls were jealous and guys were envious.  However, they could tell the difference of their social class by their clothing.

Daehyung wasn't bothered but he was still blushing red from their little hand to hand skinship that he didn't even noticed that Byunni stopped and accidentally bumped into her.  Just as he was about to apologize, Byunni exclaimed, "We're here!"

The two stood in front of a crowded two story cafe named Royal Babyz.

"It gets really crowded after school hours so I'm positive that they'll need extra hands." Byunni smiled before leading the older inside. "Jieun Unnie!!!"

"Byunni-ah? Is that you?" A cute voice called deeper inside the crowd.  From the entrance, the two saw a petite figure trying to make her way to meet with the two.

"Neh! I brought someone!" Byunni answered back as the girl named Jieun was finally abled to meet them.

"Chinja? Nugu?"

"This is Daehyun-ssi,  He was looking for a job and I thought Hyosung unnie wouldn't mind another pair of working hands." Byunni smiled and stepped aside for Jieun to see the taller boy behind her.

Daehyun shyly scratched the back of his neck and smiled before bowing.

"Annyeonghaseyo."

"Annyeong!" Jieun smiled. "Nice to meet you Daehyun-ssi."

"Nice to meet you too."

"I think Hyosung unnie is in the back helping out.  Byunni can take you back there."

"Araso! I'll be right on it!" Byunni exclaimed and led Daehyun in Hyosung's office.

When they entered, Hyosung's back was facing them. Byunni cautiously knocked on the door.

"It's open." Hyosung answered, not even turning around.

"Unnie!!" Byunni called.

"Wae?"

"I have a friend who wants to work here!"

"Hired now go work." Hyosung waved off.

"But unnie, you haven't even looked at him yet." Byunni whined.

"Araso." Hyosung said and turned around to see the two. "You're hired because I trust Byunni to teach you the strings to this place."

"Neh!" Byunni cheered.

"There's a spare uniform in the staff room." Hyosung said and turned back to her chart of the monthly sales.

"C'mon Daehyun-ssi." Byunni said and led the way, again.  "Okay, so the staff room is down this hallway to the right and the spare should be in the last locker on the left."

"Thanks Byunni-ssi." Daehyun shyly smiled as Byunni grabbed her shirt and left the room.  Outside the staff room, Daehyun could hear the murmurs of the customers and the machine noises from brewing drinks and cooking treats.

Daehyun swiftly put the white polo shirt on and tied a black apron around his waist. He stepped out and almost bumped into Byunni again when she was trying to enter.

"Mianhae." Byunni smiled and placed her stuff inside her locker before taking her spot by Daehyun's side as his mentor. "So Daehyun-ssi, are you ready to learn?"

Daehyun shyly nodded and followed Byunni to the counter.

"So basically, there are formulas lamenated and taped on the counter. Also there are labels on the jars. So just follow those and it should be an easy job.  The treats are in the display case for the customer to view. So just use the tongs to grab what they want. If you think it's too complicated, you can work the register today and I can train you on the weekend.  Plus the main bakers here are Hana and Sunhwa Unnie.  There are two other baristas beside me and Jieun. Yongguk and Himchan Sunbae aren't here yet. So yea..."

"It's fine, I think I can try it out today and thanks."

"Alrighty then, you're first customer is coming soon so wait here while I take their order." Byunni said and stepped behind the register.

"Hi Byunni sunbae." A freshman called.

"Hey, Sunghyun. I see you're back today. What would you like?"

"Can I get two cake pops and a latte?"

"Sure, coming right up." Byunni said and punched in the numbers. She quickly turned to Daehyun and told him the order before turning back to Sunghyun and told him the total. "That's 3500W"

Byunni turned back to see how Daehyun was holding out but to her surprise, Daehyun was working a lot quicker than she expected. He handed the order to Sunghyun and continued to work on the upcoming orders.

By 9:30, the cafe was empty and was ready to close up.

"Hey Daehyun-ssi?" Byunni called. Daehyun looked up from the table he was cleaning. "You had this type of job before didn't you?"

"Caught red handed." Daehyun smiled. "It's getting late, you should get going."

"It's fine, I live nearby anyway. Plus I have to lock up." Byunni said and continued drying the cups and plates.

"Araso, then I'll walk you home-" Daehyun started.

"Ani! It's not needed, really." Byunni insisted before walking to the back to get her stuff. Daehyun followed her when he was done.

"Araso, see you tomorrow then." Daehyun waved her off. "And thanks for helping me today."

"It's nothing. Bye Daehyun-ssi." Byunni said. "Bye Unnie!"

"Bye Byunni-ah!" Hyosung called from her office.

 

 


Byunni stepped inside her house and Soojin was just cleaning the dishes.

"Soojin unnie, did you eat?" She asked.

"Ani, you're parents are home."

"Chinja?!" Byunni's face lit up.

"Don't bother them Byunni, they're busy." Soojin said before putting the dishes back in the cupboard. A frown replaced the smiled on Byunni's face.

"Araso. I'm going to my room then. I need to finish my homework anyway." Byunni said and glumly walked up the stairs.

Another day, another night. Same old, same old. I look like a princess but why am I not happy? Byunni sighed and closed her door before starting a night full of homework.


Daehyun was walking around town, trying to find his way back. Eventually, he ended up on the right street and found his way up to the apartment.

"Dae, are you home?" His mother called from the kitchen.

"Neh." He answered as he took off his shoes.

"Come here and help set the table."

"Neh!" Daehyun hung up his jacket before joining his mom in the kitchen.

"How was your first day at school?"

"It was alright."

"Did you make any friends?"

"I think so."

"You think so?" His mother said as she placed the food on the table, and the two

"Yeah, I think so."

"What does that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know. Maybe we'll become strangers since I kind of made a bad impression on everyone."

"What did you do sweetie?" His mother asked concern and even put down her chopsticks.

"Well, I might have bumped into the famous queenka of the school and spilled my food on her."

"Dae, I told you to be careful! Oh wait, it's a her?"

"Yea, but she's really nice."

"Araso. Finish eating then and then go do your homework."

"Neh." Daehyun smiled.

I may living in the rough, but I still appreciate what I have. Daehyun smiled before finishing his dinner.


Author's Note:

SORRY GUYS
but my laptop is FINALLY fixed. ^^
So I'll be sure to update as often as I can
Especially after I finish my Summer Assignments and go through my stupid depression mode (if you've been reading my blogs....)
So thank you for sticking with me

So

Subscribe~ Comment~ and if you want Befriend~

;D

ILY <3