Coping

The Dream

"You know, noona you're hair looks best when it's black." Daehyun mentioned the ends of Zinger's hair. She was currently doing some leg exercies which left her upper body in a sitting position. She touched the ends herself and ran her fingers over the tips.

"I have split ends." she deadpanned causing Daehyun to burst into laughter.

"Focus, Daehyun." It was Yongguk, all the way from the bench speaking, without losing focus on his weights. Himchan was spotting above him. Daehyun pouted, but continued to do his sit ups. Zinger usually worked out with the guys, because she needed people to challenege her so she could work harder. It wasn't as if her members weren't strong, but she was so much stronger than them it was almost laughable. She lifted her leg, until it was almost perpendicular with the floor. She held it there for fifteen seconds. She repeated this action with her other leg. She heard Yongguk scolding Himchan for almost letting the bar fall on him.

"Yah! Pay attention! This dongsaeng is trying to kill me." Yongguk protested loudly, his deep voice startling the other B.A.P members from their work out. Jongup smiled to himself in the corner, with Zelo who took this oppurtunity to saddle up next to Zinger.

"Ahjumma~! Ahjumma~!" he called cutely. She turned to him and smiled brightly.

"Yes, baby?" she asked, calling him as usual. Zelo placed his chin on her shoulder.

"I'm hungry. Can you get me meat?" he asked pouting when she raised an eybrow.

"I'm working out." she pointed out, lifting her leg. Zelo did the same.

"But it's not like you need to. Noona looks great!" Zelo said. Jongup joined in, seeing the reward in it, if they convinced Zinger to get them food.

"Noona! We're hungry!" Daehyun said, Youngjae joined after that. The only ones not participating were Himchan and Yongguk. Apparently, they decided to keep their pride for the sake of food. Zinger sighed.

"How can I refuse with my dongsaengs begging this way? Alright, what do you want?" she asked them putting her hoodie on over her shirt. She was going to ave to take a shhower though, before she left.

"Chicken!"

"Noodles!"

"Steak!"

"Hamburger!" Zelo protested. Zinger nodded.

"I'll get hamburger since Zelo is the one who asked me originally." Zinger said, looking apologetically at the reast of B.A.P. They looked more or less disappointed, but nodded regardless. Yonnguk sat up, finally looking at Zinger thankfully.

"So you want me to lend you money?" he asked. Zinger shook her head.

"No thanks. I've got it this time." she said, walking to her room. She spotted Hyosung who looked up and grinned at Zinger, her gums on full display.

"Hana-ah! You look good. Have a good work out?" she asked looking up from whatever she was writing.

"Yes. I have to cut it short today though." Hyosung furrowed her brow.

"Are your ribs bothering you?"

"No. Just a little maknae from our hoobae group."

"Oh? What did Junhong-ah, want?" Hyosung asked tapping a few keys on Jieun's portable keyboard. Apparently Hyosung was trying to write music again.

"Food. I'm just taking a shower first."

"You're going alone?" Hyosung asked. Zinger sighed. Usually Hyosung trusted Zinger to care for herself, given her uncanny ability to take care of herself. She could fight, not to mention she noticed almost all of her surroundings.

"Yes, unnie. I'll be fine." Hyosung remained looking troubled.

"I'll only be a few minutes. Ten at the max. I'm fine." Zinger insisted. Hyosung rubbed her eyes.

"Promise to be careful, Hana."

"Of course. I'll see you when I get out."

"Okay." Hyosung said sounding worried still. Zinger came out of her shower feeling refreshed and stretched her arms abover her, languidly noting that her joints had popped.

"Ah~How relaxing." she sighed. She put on simple jeans and a hoodie. She abstained from make up and prayed that no fans would see her. She wore flip-flops, glad that she'd painted her toenails ealier this week.

"Unnie! I'm leaving now!" Zinger called standing before the door. She heard Hyosung's call and left soon after, glancing at the time on her phone. She had been in the shower for ten minutes.

'My dongsaengs must be hungry by now. I should hurry.'

Zinger enjoyed her walk, alone. Because of her company she was somewhat overprotected. Of course it could be far worse. Her company could have absolutely not give a damn about her. She found the restaraunt that they usually went to for burgers and bowed to the woman who owned the shop.

"Hello Ahjumma!"

"Hello! Six, this time?"

"Yes, please." Zinger laughed standing off to the side, so that oher patrons could order. She was glad when the food came, because she'd received no less than twelve texts from Zelo sending pics of his `hungry face'. Honestly, the boy was full of aegyo when it was just them, but on stage, he transformed into a man. It was funny to her. She payed for the food and walked out of the shop. Well almost. She had to set down her bags when she felt a sharp rock under her heel. She had just removed it when she spotted a woman across the street. A man was towering over her, arms wrapped around her waist. Usually Zinger would have thought it was just a couple, but the woman's face...

"Yah!" Zinger called walking across the street quickly, to the pair. The man looked up. He looked unfazed.

"What do you want?"

"Is this your boyfriend?" Zinger asked the woman. She shook her head. Zinger turned to the man.

"You hear that? She isn't dating you. So why are you holding her like that. You're scaring her." Zinger said, ignoring the passer by who were eyeing the scene.

"What are you going to do, if I don't let go?" Zinger pulled out her phone.

"I can call the cops if that's what you want to do. Or you can let go." Zinger stated. The man rolled his eyes. He pushed the woman, causing her to fall and stepped in Zinger's face. ZInger remained unintimidated. She had dated guys bigger than him. She'd trained with guys bigger than this guy. This guy was a joke.

"I don't think so." The man said, snatching the phone. He started to push Zinger, but she ducked and kicked him in his shin. He went to grab it, but Zinger brought up her knee, catching him in the nose. The woman watched with wide eyes. Zinger made her way over to her, when the man stayed hunched over.

"Are you alright?"

"Y-yes. Unnie you saved me!" The woman latched herself around Zinger's neck and held her, sobbing.

"Who was he?"

"He was my stalker. He was threatening me. Thank you!" Zinger rubbed the girl's back, glancing back at the man.

"Go into the shop across the street and tell the ahjumma that Hana sent you. Just call the police. Go on." Zinger urged. The woman left quickly. Zinger walked toward the man and knelt in front of him.

"Well, sir. I have to say that you scared that girl. I hope you have someone willing to get you out of the police station." She stated looking him in the eyes. After a very strange scene featuring Zinger, she returned to the practice rooms.

"Noona! That took forever! What took so long?" Daehyun asked pulling out a burger quickly.

"Well some girl was getting harassed. So, I kind of helped her out." Zinger said. Yongguk looked up.

"What?"

"Yes. I had to fight him. Well subdue him, really. I'm fine though." she said when she noticed the worried looks on their faces.

"Noona...You have to be careful. What would Hyosung say about it?" Youngjae asked, looking heavily at her.

"What would I say about what?" Hyosung asked, appearing from almost nowhere. Zinger didn't flinch though she sensed that Hyosung wouldn't be very happy.

"Well, I helped a woman that was being harassed today. I helped the police get him too." Zinger trailed off when Hyosung's face looked surprised.

"Bwoh? W-what? You fought someone?"

"To protect someone else!" Zinger said defensively. Hyosung gestured for them to talk in the hallway. Hyosung placed her hands on Zinger's shoulders.

"Hana-ah! What if you'd have gotten hurt? You can't be everyone's bodyguard." Hyosung said sternly. Zinger sighed.

"Unnie. I couldn't help it. That woman looked so scared, and no one else seemed to notice. Was I supposed to just watch him harass her?"

"Of course not. You just call the police." Hyosung stated rubbing her forehead. Zinger shook her head.

"I'm sorry unnie. It just didn't happen like that." Zinger stated. Hyosung sighed.

"Did anyone recognize you?"

"No. You know they never do." she said.