Attention

The Dream

As it turns out, someone did recognize Zinger, and also filmed her. Well, several someone's. No one had known it was her at first. But eventually after the videos had circulated, someone said it was Zinger, and other began to agree. TS and Zinger felt there was no gain in lying, so they told the truth. So videos of Zinger fighting in the streets for a stranger were posted for all of Korea and even the world, to see. Zinger wasn't completely pleased with it, but she had confidence that she could handle the sitution.

"Unnie! You look so cool~" Jieun said. Zinger smiled tightly.

"Do I? Well, tell that to Hyosung. She's still mad." Sunhwa looked up from her phone.

"She's not mad per se. Just...disappointed. Manager oppa said that you got a lot of requests to appear on radios and talk shows."

"Really? They want to talk about me `brawling in the streets'?"

"It's one of the hottest things right now! You saved that girl, unnie. They all want to know why!" Jieun said.

"It's not a big deal. Anybody on the street would have the decency to at least say something." Zinger downplayed. Really she knew that most people would simply watch, but she didn't want to make a big issue out of something like this. Especially not while Hyosung was still mad...

"Oh, Chaerin-ssi called you earlier." Jieun said looking up from her composition notebook.

"I'll have to call her back. Excuse me." Zinger said leaving the room. She scrolled to Chaerin's number and called.

"Annyeong!" she said, her voice going nasally. Zinger smiled and greeted  her long time friend.

"Hana-ah! You were daebak in your video! All of us are kind of impressed over here in YG. But, you aren't in trouble are you/"

"No, not many rumors have spread yet, so the boss isn't mad. But I've been invited to some shows."

"Really? By yourself?" Chaerin asked sounding overly escited.

"Yes, but it may not be a good thing. For all I know, they may just grill me."

"You know that shows aren't that blatant. They wouldn't do it like that. What shows are you going to?"

"Strong Heart."

"That's it?"

"Yes. I actually like it. Plus then I get to meet Juri-unnie~" Zinger said excitedly.

"Well then what are you going to say?"

"What else would I say? The truth, obviously. There's not much else I could say to them." Zinger said.

"I suppose. I have to go. I have practice in ten minutes. Good luck on your upcoming albmu! I'll be waiting to hear your lyrics! Fighting!" Chaerin cheered, before saying her farewells. Zinger hung up feeling relaxed.  Chaerin had been a dear friend of hers for quite some time and she was glad that she made time in her busy schedule to call her. Zinger went back to the main room and saw Hyosung who was standing there looking very awkward. She wasn't usuall which meant one thing: She was apologizing.

"Hana-ah." She said. Jieun and Sunhwa lookedo nwith baited breath. Even though Zinger and Hyosung were close--they all were to be honest--the two butted heads occassionally.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry for being angry at you. You were being yourself. You were helping that girl and I wasn't helping anything by being short tempered." Zinger put her alter ego on hold for a few minutes and became Hana.

"Unnie, I'm sorry too. I should've been more conscious of myself. What I do reflects on all of us. I'll try to be more careful." Hana said. Hyosung smiled at her, from her position a few feet away and hugged Hana squeezing her. Hana squeezed back.

"Yay! We're happy again~" Jieun said, her natural aegyo leaking through. Sunhwa clapped and Hyosung and Hana rocked on their feet squealing when they almost fell over.

"We'll support you next week on Strong Heart. Fighting!"

 

 

Hana monitored herself on Strong Heart satisfied with what she'd said. She told the story as it happened. She was obligated to make it extra interesting with facial expressions and descriptions. From what she could tell the whole thing went swimmingly. So why did everything feel so unfinished? She felt like just one last thing needed to be done. She thought about that girl. She hadn't heard of her since then. It could just be that she wanted to avoid having a spotlight on her, or maybe she simply wanted to be thankful from the dark. But Hana was not like that. She felt like she needed to see her again. There was a slight familiarity to that girl and Hana couldn't figre out why.

"Ahh! Why are you so familiar?" Hana screamed into her pillow. She put her laptop away and scrolled through texts that she had yet to answer.

She ignored them in favor of listening to some music. She picked a rookie group tha she hadn't been falling too much and danced to it idly, not really paying attention to it. There was a knock on the door and she answered it, hoping it wasn't Jieun asking to use the room. Hana wasnted to be alone right now.

It was Sunhwa who was standing there and she was holding a box and an envelope, both of which had intricated drawings on them of what looked like an Amazon warrior. Hana stared at the maknae and raised and eyebrow when Sunhwa remained silent.

"What is it?" Hana asked. Sunhwa shrugged.

"It came in the mail for you. So we're just giving it to you." Sunhwa explained. Hana took it from Sunhwa, surprised that it had some heft to it. She walked out of her room and placed it on the coffee table. Jieun was writing music again, and Hyosung was sitting next to her, giving her opinion.

Hana looked at the artwork carefully and exclaimed in surprise when she saw the face of the warrior was her own.

"Bwoh? It's me!" she said. Jieun flinched, messing up, whatever she was writing. Sunhwa tripped on the table leg, and Hyosung looked up quickly, almost falling out of her chair.

"What id it, unnie?" Jieun asked, when she saw Hana's bewildered face. Hana shook her head.

"It's me, on the woman's face here! Look!" Hana passed the envelope to her fellow members and they ooh'ed and ahh'ed over it, saything who ever did it must be really talented.

"But what's in the box, Hana-ah?" Hyosung asked tapping the top, with a red painted nail.

"I don't know, it's a bit heavier than I thought it would be. It's probably from a fan."

"Be careful, Hana-ah. We don't know what's in there, it could be anything."

"Won't she be opening the letter first anyway?" Jieun asked gesturing to the letter that had been forgotten.

"Oh, that's right. I kinda forgot about it!" Hana said sheepishly. Jieun tapped her forehead jokingly.

"Is your brain working?"

"Of course!" Hana argued. Sunhwa butted in though her face showing her impatience.

"What's in the letter already!" she exclaimed. Hana picked up the letter and unfloded. The paper was also doodled, and had words of gratitude flowing up in down the sides, in pretty handwriting.

"`Dearest unnie,

You saved my life, last week and I'm only just now telling you how deep my feelings of gratitude are. He wasn't simply a friend who decided to get too grabby. He has been stalking me for the last seven months, but I had no solid proof, so the police could do nothing. His stalking had reached a point where he invaded my house, and I was living fearfully everyday. By now you must be wondering what I was doing with him out in the open, huh? Well he sent me a message earlier that day, saying that he would stop if I met with him and listened to what he had to say. I foolishly agreed, thinking it would finally end my torment. He told me that he would only stop if I offered him something very dear, and unique to me, something I treasure, something every woman treasures. I disagreed of course, and that was the point where he became physical. Originally I thought that we were in a public place! I was safe wasn't I? But as he grabbed me, threatening me, no one said a damn thing. I had very real fear, because I could see that he had no intention of letting me leave there. He was going to take me, and all of those people were going to let him. Then, you arrived at the scence, with a face of determination that seemed to radiate beams of hope.

You stood up for me that day, unnie when no one else would and for that, my heart is eternally grateful. Your testimony at the scene was the best part. Now the police are going to look more into his past acts and he may finally be arrested. So, Hana-ssi? Thank you so much for saving this young dongsaeng, and giving her another chance at life.

Fighting!'"

Hana fought back tears from the letter and looked at the words of encouragement running up and down the sides. She heard Jieun sigh and felt her arms wrap around her.

"Unnie! You really saved that girl! She's so grateful to you!" Jieun cried her arms tightening around Hana.

"I wonder what's in here then." Hyosung wondered.

"Could be gifts." Sunhwa said.

"Ohh, open it!" Jieun cried.

Hana opened the box, and gazed at all of the things. There was a tablet, sitting on the top, opened and wrapped in its charger. Under that was box filled with what she was sure were homemade cookies. And under that, was a canvas, with the Warrior Hana on it. She was wearing what she'd worn that day. A hoodie and jeans, and even her ugly flip flops. She was standing on the back of the man and the girl was in the back, looking on with a grateful expression. Hana ran her hands over it, happy that someone thought of her like this.

"Oh, it looks so cool!" Sunhwa pouted. Hyosung picked up the canvas and looked at it closely.

"She's really good! She even caught that expression that you sometimes have on stage." Hyosung said. Jieun nodded at Hyosung's comment seeing the resemblance.

"I wish she put her address on this, so that I can thank her properly for all of this. It's so nice!" Hana said opening the cookies and peeking inside. It was an assortment of them, and to her delight she saw some sugar cookies. They were one of her favorites.

"Go on twitter! Maybe she'll see it!" Sunhwa suggested. Hana nodded at this idea, smiling. She pulled out her phone and typed the tweet.

`Thank you for the kind gifts! I received them well, dongsaeng! But please, give me a way to contact you, so I can properly thank you! ;)'

She hit the `tweet' button, a feeling of anticipation sitting in her belly. She wanted very much for this girl to see it and contact Hana. More than just a thank you, she wanted to talk to the girl. She felt responsible for her, asfter savign her, as strange as that may seem. She just hoped she would get a reply.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

For the next week, fans and friends had a reaction to her tweet wondering if it went to the girl, Hana saved. Secret ended up being invited to a talk show, featuring many other stars, and explained it on air, stating that she was amazed at how generous the woman was. Even between filming Hana gained new aquaintances with her fellow artists. The thing on her mind most, however was the woman. Why hadn't she replied? Was she afraid of her identity being released? By the time two weeks had passed, she got a letter from the woman she saved.

Dear Unnie,

I've ended my stint in South Korea, and I've left for London to continue my studies.(Let's hope my English improves, huh?) I have good news and bad. I will be able to live in England after I leave school, and even have job opportunities lined up. The bad news, is that Kang Hyuk is in fact, not going to prison, The police have informed me that not enough information and evidence was found to properly convict him. But I feel secure knowing that he cannot hurt me. Even if, this is a halfway victory I'm grateful for it nonetheless. However, you might be in danger. I sincerely hope that my fears are unfounded. Thank you once again, I wish you safety and happiness.

Sincerely,

Shin Yoon Ji

Hana looked in shock. He wasn't in jail? After practically trying to kidnap her on the streets, and the torture he'd put her through. And she'd put both of their names. Something she hadn't done before. Hana wondered if this meant she was severing all her ties with Korea. Hana turned off her bedside light and quietly tip-toed out of her and Jieun's shared room. Honestly all this sneaking out was going toget Hyosung worked up again.

"Hana-ah you need to rest! You won't get to rest much when the promostions start!" she would nag. And then Hana would nod her head and assure Hyosung that if she was tired, that she would keep complaints and drooling at a minimum.

Hana stole away to the road in front of their dorms and contemplated where to go, or even what she was doing out here. What did she need to think about? That guy wasn't really a concern for her. Her company practically hid Secret away when they weren't promoting. Things were very strict in terms of where they could go and their bedtime, for lack of better words. In fact, Hana was breaking a rule right now. Out of the dorm after hours. She doubted she would get caught though. Though, since they would be having their comeback soon. Their manager would be sleeping in the floor below theirs, and keeping a close eye on them. Hana was treasuring this freedom. She was feeling chilly in her pajama bottoms and hoodie, but she didn't wanna go outside.

"Oh~Hana is cold." she murmured to herself using her granny/ahjumma voice. She was quite fond of it, for whatever reason.

"Then come inside pabo." Hana her heel and was in a fighting position. She let out a breath when it was only Youngjae.

Why did he keep finding her?

"Youngjae-ah! You can't sleep either?" she asked running a hand through her tangled hair. She wasn't self conscious exactly, but she felt like it wasn't fair for him to see her like that.

"No, everyone is sleep talking again."

"Oh, really? What are they talking about this time?" Zinger laughed. It was a joke among TS that almost everyone had a sleeping disorder or habit that was unusual, or simply annoying. The B.A.P dongsaengs tended to have full conversations in their sleep, or they would just talk nonsense, or talk about their worries. Hana had no room to talk seeing as she rapped and talked in her sleep. Then again, Hyosung threw things but, still. Sunhwa was still complaining and sometimes had bruises.

"Nothing interesting. Junhong misses his parents." Youngjae commented. Hana frowned.

"Aw~Poor baby. Did you tell him it was okay?" she asked scooting closer. Youngjae was a lot warmer than she and her legs were practically shaking.

"No. Was I supposed to?" he asked looking completely unsure. Hana looked shocked before slapping his arm with the back of her hand.

"Yah! You should comfort him more! That kind of thing helps!" she said loudly. Youngjae covered quickly, startling her.

"Noona please! You're too loud! What if hyung wakes up?"

Hana seemed to realize how loud she was and became just as concerned. The manager may not be there but Hyosung and Yongguk could both be frightening in their own right. Well not Yongguk to Hana. He was a pushover regarding the girls' own discipline, but Hyosung would most likely give her an earful. Youngjae pulled his hand away from Hana's mouth and raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry Jae-ah! I get excited. But I don't think anyone heard me." she said quietly.

"Aren't you cold?"

Hana contemplated. She had been distracted by their conversation, but now she could feel the cold again.

"Yes."

"Come here," he said, opening his arms. He saw her hesitate. "I won't bite."

"Oh I know you won't." she cackled. She wasn't afraid of Youngjae, her dongsaeng. Friend, whichever. She walked into his embrace and huddled up to him shivering at the sudden heat. He wrapped his jacket around her and zipped it up. She was smooshed against his chest.

"Getting warm now, Hana-ah?" he laughed when she sighed happily.

"Hana is toasty warm~Next time you need a favor, don't hesitate to ask me!" she mumbled into his chest.

"I can't hear you." he said. She pulled her face from his shirt and spoke directly into his chin.

"I said, come to me with your next favor! Leave it to Hana!" she exclaimed.

"Noona please stop yelling!" he pleaded, hopping a bit. Hana was unbalanced and jumped frantically to stay vertical.

"Stop jumping! I'm going to fall."

"Sorry, sorry!" he said ceasing. Hana almost landed on her ankle, but landed on his big toe instead.

"OW! Noona!"

"Shush!" Hana exclaimed clamping her hands over his mouth. She nticed that Youngjae had his arms around her waist. She suddenly felt self-conscious. She hadn't felt anxious for quite some time. What if he thought that she was too fat? Urgh, she could never reach that ideal body shape where she and the media or her fans were happy.

"Noona, are you losing weight again?"

"Well yeah. It's a bright concept and they want us to look light and happy." she said. Youngjae nodded at this, though he seemed disappointed.

"Well, your pretty either way so it's fine. But don't lose too much weight. My hands are practically touching." he pouted. Hana laughed and touched his lip with her finger.

"Youngjae-ah. So kind to this ahjumma. Thank you for keeping me warm. We should go to bed, huh?" she asked pinching his cheeks. Youngjae sighed and walked, Hana following him since she was still zipped in his jacket.

"You're welcome noona. Anything for my favorite sunbae!" he chuckled. Hana laughed and pulled Youngjae inside the building.