Recovery

The Dream

Hana sat up in her stool, rolling her shoulders to work out the kinks in her body. Sunhwa glanced her way and chuckled to herself.

"Your back wouldn't hurt so much if you didn't stay up painting." Hana stuck her tongue out at Sunhwa and dabbed more yellow into the sunset she was perfecting. Hana found that the process of painting was very comforting to her, three months after her trial and everything was settling amongst those closest to her. Her parents didn't demand she call every other hour and her members didn't curl into her bed at nght to reassure themselves of her presence.

Some years ago, Hana could recall her own melancolic feelings of uselessness, and listlessness. By comparison, now she felt so full of love and warmth from her family and friends she felt the darkness, both new and old, being chased away. Jieun leaned over Hana's shoulder to inspect her work and patted Hana's head.

"Looks good Hana. But you should sleep. Your eyes look droopy." Hana grunted and kept painting this time with a pastel pink. Hyosung spoke up and stopped braiding her hair.

"She's right. You can't write music without sleep."

"Plenty of people do that!" Hana protested. Hyosung shook her head, though she was grinning widely, her bright gums on display.

"Not you. You need at least four hours of sleep to do anything. I'm going to order food, anybody want anything?" Hyosung directed her question to the room at large and the room immediately went into a clamorous clump, with Hana finally putting down her painbrush(which now had orange all over the bristles) and the group decided eventually to get chicken and pizza. Jieun and Hyosung elected to pick it up, and Hana and Sunhwa, cleaned the dorm a little. Sunhwa pointed to Hana's paint splattered overalls and giggled.

"Hana, you should change before you eat." Hana looked at her own state of mess and laughed, tying her hair into a high ponytail, she winced when she tied it too tightly and Sunhwa immediately went to fix it.

"You should try to wear these on your wrist for a bit, before wearing them in head. It might pull your hair out." Sunhwa loosened the ponytail, with Hana's hands hovering uselessly.

"Ah, our Sunhwa, full of advice." Hana patted Sunhwa on the back and Sunhwa fixed the ponytail. She made eye contact with Hana for a few moments and smiled again.

"Hana, I'm really glad you're okay. It was worse for you, but we worried a lot. I just want you to know that all of us love you a lot and that you're not just a member to any of us. You're a precious friend also." Hana hugged Sunhwa.

"I know, it's better now. Everything is starting to fall into place now. Who knows, I might even get a boyfriend soon." Hana laughed. Sunhwa laughed as well and rubbed her arms, mimicking a person who might have had goosebumps.

"Don't say it so bluntly. You've been really spot on about luck recently."

Hana nodded still laughing, and the two fell into companionable silence, which neither felt the need to break. Jieun and Hyosung came back to the door, with Hyosung loudly explaining the plot to a drama she recently started watching.

"We're back!" Jieun called out unnecessarily. Hana went to her room to change into shorts and the others set up plates and drinks.

"Hana wants a boyfriend." Sunhwa shared immediately. Jieun and Hyosung were instantly alert.

"Really? I know this matchmaker from my hometown. She could get you a date by the end of April. Seriously." Hyosung offered. Hana looked shocked.

"Why are you so excited? Are you promoting for this matchmaker? Are you on her payroll?" Hana assked. Jieun shook her head.

"Don't change the subject! You should really try to get a boyfriend. Seriously. We all can start dating soon, so you should get some prospectives." Sunhwa insisted. Hana looked at her group members, a wry smile on her face.

"I think I like being single right now. Besides, I plan to work for a little longer before I get married."

"You can still work after that." Jieun insisted. Hana nodded.

"Maybe someday. I still have things to do, though." Hana winked and her members glanced at each other, confused looks on their faces.

Welp. Children. Babies. Zygotes. That's all. Geez how long ago did I start this and I finally finished it. Why the open ending? Because I want you to interpret what Hana does next. Does she hit up YoungJae? Write the best song ever? Who knows? You do. Bye everyone! Have a great day!