Found Her

The Dream

Hana woke up to the frantic sounds of people, and she immediately sat up, the rolling pin still in her grip. She didn't know where she was quite yet and all she felt right now was fear.

She nearly bludgeoned the police officer trying to wake her up. She thrashed when they grabbed her, fearing the worst. They were going to hurt her. Take her away, somewhere else. She felt her clenched fists, hit several people and her hand hurt, but she kept struggling. She tired quickly though and slowed down, breathing heavily. She slumped a bit and everyone that was currently holding some part of her body caught her.

"Miss you need to calm down. My name is Shin Min Jae. I'm here to help you. Is your name, Jung Hana?" he asked steadying her on her feet.

She ignored him and let her eyes rove around for Kang Hyuk. He was nowhere to be seen. Hana locked eyes with the officer and felt her body sag again. Why was she weak? Had they drugged her too? Kang Hyuk had always drugged her it felt like...

"Miss!" Hana felt herself simply glide away, finally happy for this escape.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Hana held her bag over her shoulder with a shaking hand, questioning whether she was ready for this. Was she ready to leave her home after everything she'd been through? After waking up in the hospital Hana had been seeing a therapist and going to a support group. She had taken a hiatus from work for only a month. She was supposed to be gone longer but she was getting restless. All of the member from Secret had called her, but she hadn't seen them as per her own request. For her healing time she kept everyone at work at a safe distance, allowing her time to remember how to be in society. She hadn't been gone too long, but her time there was far too horrible to forget in a hurry.

She was most anxious to see Jieun.Though she loved all the members a lot, she couldn't deny that Jieun was one of her best friends. Jieun understood Hana so well it was almost scary, and the same was true for Jieun.

Hana approached the front entrance taking a deep breath. Hana used her passcard to open the door, walking inside quietly. She went to the girls' practice room, knowing they'd all be in there, possibly working on a dance, or just singing. Hana stopped just outside the door, to gather her thoughts.

It was a wonder she hadn't run into anyone. Besides stylists, managers, and other workers she'd been alone. She opened the door and saw her members sitting in a cirlce, with a sinlge sheet of paper.

They hadn't noticed the door opening, allowing her to glance and see that it was a sheet of music. She couldn't see the lyrics before they saw her. Jieun saw her, and quickly grabbed the other members, drawing their attention.

Hyosung's eyes widened, and Sunhwa's face broke into an unsure smile. Jieun stood up quickly, her eyes filling with tears. They all raced to Hana, cries of happiness erupting from them. Hana couldn't see anything past all the hair, and the bodies. When they pulled away Hyosung was crying the hardest. Her nose was red and her voice was so hoarse, Hana knew she'd been crying for much longer than today. Hana hugged her again, and sighed rubbing her back.

"Hyosung-ah, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for you to worry." Hana said, feeling her heart clench. Hyosung shook her head.

"Yah! Don't apologize to me. I'm so sorry I couldn't help you. Sorry I couldn't find you sooner." Hyosung apologized. Hana rubbed Hyosung's back sighing.

"This isn't anyone's fault. I'm just...really happy to see you all." Hana laughed. Jieun held Hana even tighter and Sunhwa Hana's cheek smiling at her.

"Are you visiting us today?" Sunhwa asked happily her smile widening just a bit.

Hana nodded. "Yes. Actually, I-I'm coming back to work. I've been really restless and I don't have anything to do." Hana explained. Hyosung finally let go, but she didn't break skin contact with Hana.

"Are you sure, Hana? You don't have to come back so early. We're not doing anything really important. Just take your time and rest." Hyosung insisted. Hana smiled and shook her head.

"Really, I'm getting bored being at my house with almost nothing to do. Besides, I missed this." Hana said gesturing to the practice room. The company had long moved into a larger establisment since her trainee days, but Hana felt connected to this room. This room is where Secret perfected their art to deliver to people. This was where they ate together. This is where they practiced dancing, singing, all of it. Sure the building had seperate areas for that, but why practice alone when you had three sisters willing to help you?

Hana made eye contact with Jieun and knew she understood. It was just how they worked.

"If you're sure. I'm glad you're back." Hyosung smiled patting Hana's cheek. Hana smiled wider and put her hair into a ponytail.

"Good, because I'm not going anywhere. I just need to move my stuff into the dorm and I'll come back here." Hana said. Jieun raised her hand quickly.

"I wanna go with you!" she said loudly. Hyosung and Sunhwa looked surprised at her outburst but nodded their consent to the idea.

"That's okay. Hana and I were gonna go shopping together anyway!" Hyosung grinned. Sunhwa nodded.

"And she was gonna go to go drinking with me!" Sunhwa added. Hana was confused, since they hadn't talked about doing those things before.

"Since when?" Hana asked. Sunhwa rolled her eyes and pushed Jieun.

"Since this unnie decided to steal you for herself. We'll be right here." Sunhwa called as Jieun bodily dragged Hana out of the room. Just as quickly as she arrived, Hana now left, except now she had a guest in her car.

"Hana. I have to confess something to you." Jieun stated once they were in front of the building. Hana unbuckled her seatbelt and turned to Jieun.

"What is it?" she asked.

"I read your diary while you were gone."

Hana was truly shocked. Even though she and Jieun were incredibly close, and often invaded each other's personal space, it was always a mutual understanding, not a blatant disregard for it. Hana wanted to just be angry, but she calmed down to ask Jieun why she'd do that to her.

"I thought maybe you might have mentioned something in there that might be a clue to where you were. I'm sorry I did, but I'm also...not sorry." Jieun said, obvously struggling to find the words to express herself.

"What are you talking about Jieun?" Hana was confused now. Jieun took a deep breath.

"I was reading your diary, and I noticed that you seemed very sad as the stalking went on. The longer he talked to you, the more depressing your entries became." Jieun said. Hana felt a shiver of fear. Did she know? She tried to hide it with indignation.

"Of course I was upset! I was being stalked! My life was becoming even less private and there was a chance someone I loved could be hurt!" Hana exclaimed. Jieun didn't even flinch.

"I said sad. Not upset. The way you wrote was the same way you talked to me when you were depressed. Hana what's going on?" Jieun asked. Hana turned forward again, and leaned against her car seat, draping an arm over her eyes.

"Jieunnie. You've always known me the best. I just....I understood how Kang Hyuk was feeling," Hana laughed shaking her head "Listen to me. `Kang Hyuk'. I'm using his name like he's a friend. I know what it feels like to think no one will love you. To think that no one could understand how lonely you are. He thought he had no one, so he projected it on that girl, and then me. Jieun I heard the police, the journalists. They all called him a monster for doing that to us. But I was just like him. I was no different. If he's a monster in the open, I'm a beast in a maks." Hana felt hot tears on her cheeks. She felt and vulnerable as if she'd just bared her soul, and in some way she had. Jieun shook her head.

"How do you know he felt like that? He didn't say anything like it in the texts." Jieun stated. Hana nodded.

"You're right. But when I stabbed him Jieun I was going to leave him. And when he realized that it was like he was a broken man. Jieun how do I live, knowing that I made him face his worse fear? I'm no better than he is. I may be worse." Hana cried harder, her words barely coherent. Jieun unbuckled her seatbelt and scooted closer to Hana.

"Hana listen to me. You're not a monster, you aren't like him. He let loneliness make him a bad person. But you fought through it and came out a better person. You are nothing like him." Jieun said fiercely, her eyes blazing. Hana sighed and took a deep breath, trying to get herself under control. She didn't completely believe Jieun but she felt slightly better.

"Come on, Hana. Let's go bring your stuff in." Jieun encouraged Hana, getting out of the car and going to the backseat.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Hana arrived at the TS building her mind calmed, something she owed to Jieun who walked next to her, holding her hand, swinging it happily.

"Our chereographer missed you." Jieun said, pulling out her card since Hana's dominant hand was busy.

"Did she? I'm surprised. It always taked me longest to learn our dances." she laughed thinking of the time their chereographer had threatened to give Hana `unbearably cute' parts in their dances in the future.

"That's true. But she said we're all so quiet. But she said she wanted to see you as soon as you felt like. She wanted to teach you some dances since you missed out." Jieun explained. They passed some more workers this time around, but still, they didn't see their manger, BAP, or even any of the trainees.

"Where is everyone? We haven't walked by a single trainee." Hana said.

"Oh, boss told them to take some time off. They've been working themselves ragged. Two of them fainted three days ago." Jieun explained.

"Are they okay? Which ones?"

"The older ones. They were both in dance practice, but I guess they hadn't eaten in a few days." Jieun sighed feeling sorry for the trainees. After all, they'd all been through that before.

"I hope they feel better." Hana said aloud. Most of the trainees were fairly young, with the youngest being thirteen. He wasn't slated to debut anytime soon, but some of them were in high school. They still had exams to do.

"They should be enjoying this time off." Jieun said, opening the door, and letting Hana pass through first.

Hyosung and Sunhwa were stretching, and it was obvious they had changed clothes.

"We're dancing now, then?" Jieun asked.

"Yes. We're just doing a run through of our songs." Hyosung said. Hana got changed and they all positioned themselves. She was unfamilar with the placing until she realized Hyosung meant it when she said all their songs. Then the music started for I Want You Back and Hana felt like a child coming home.

 

 

It's not that great, but I like it. Hope you guys don't mind me being late as per usual. Love you guys!