Recovery

The Dream

Hana adjusted to work again quickly and she even made new friends in the company. But she was still in therapy and her therapist was talking about another step in her recovery process.

Confronting her abuser.

Personally, Hana thought it wasn't a good idea.

Not because she was afraid of him, but because she thought he should be afraid of her.

Hana took her safety and the safety of others around her so seriously, that it was like she was a bodyguard for herself and others.

She took more fighting classes, and diligently exercised so that she could stay in shape. She'd been a successful member of society thus far in her three months of being out of her hiatus.

She was writing lyrics and choreographing her own dances. She had her dog A-yo to take care of, and she made him clothes, and she was as bright and happy as she used to be in 2010. So why was she still so...unfulfilled?

There was still of course the matter of Youngjae who'd expressed interest in her. Hana wasn't sure how she felt about this. She was very fond of him, and he was very attractive. But she felt like being with him would be like cheating herself out of this time to herself. She was still young, and she wanted to have so much time to herself. By dating Youngjae, her already limited time with herself would be limited and she would lose the already shaky foundation for herself that she had.

But she would be lying if said she didn't want to accept his confession.

She was starting to really notice him and it was only a matter of time before she would seek him out herself if this new found affection blossomed even more.

She'd shared her fears with the rest of her members, and they had varying advice, though each shared the basic idea of "follow your heart".

She was so torn that she wasn't focusing on her current workout. She was doing leg lifts, focusing on making her movements deliberate and slow, though she immediately turned her head when someone dropped their weights.

Her head snapped in that direction and Hana sighed to herself, smiling a little bit. She always forgot that since this gym was frequented by celebrities the security on the place was phenomenal.

Hana finished her workout and decided to go to the dorm to rest a bit, as she'd beProxy-Connection: keep-alive Cache-Control: max-age=0 here for a few hours.

She showered quickly and left, making sure to put on her sunglasses, hat and mask. She got to her car and quickly left, taking off her sunglasses and hat as she drove.

She received several texts, probably from Jieun wondering why she was late, and even a few phone calls all of which she ignored in favor of having a moment of silence and solitude.

She was almost at the exit to get to her dorm, before she made a quick decision. She turned off her signal and kept going straight, she was now going to the jail, cursing herself under her breath.

"Hana what are you doing? Can you even look him in the eye right now?" she grumbled, upset that her emotions were getting the best of her. She grabbed her phone with shaking hands and dialed Hyosung, the first person on her speed dial.

"Hana? Are you going to be late? Jieun has been calling you and manager oppa--"

"Hyosung-ah." Hana began, her voice shaking with tension and fear. Hyosung picked up immediately what Hana was feeling. Back when Hana first questioned herself Hyosung had been a silent guiding hand.

"Hana what's wrong?"

"I'm going to the jail, unnie. I'm going to talk to him. After I hang up, I'm going to let my therapist know, and make sure to tell Jieun that I'm okay." Hana said quickly, leaving no room and Hyosung to argue.

"Hana don't you dare go alone! I'm going to meet you there!" Hyosung said. She hung up, leaving Hana unsure.

Facing him alone sounded more appealing then with Hyosung, who could see her weakness. Hana never wanted to admit it, but in the early days she always felt bitter because of Hyosung receiving more recognition than Hana. It was irrational and unfair, but Hana was only human and had weakness like any other person. Nowadays, Hana and Hyosung were closer and Hyosung actually confided in her that she didn't think she deserved it, something Hana disagreed vehemently.

"I must be crazy. I must be out of my mind." Hana muttered as she punchedi n her therapist's number.

"Hello? Hana is that you?"

"Yes, it's me. Look, before I do this are there any hints I should keep in mind?"

"In mind for what?"

"Seeing my tormenter. Should I keep anything in mind?"

"Hana you're seeing him now? Don't do this so rashly! You need to sit down and think about this first."

Hana was quiet for a moment.

"You're right, but I've made up my mind. Besides, if I don't go at this moment, I never will. Thank you for being with me. Thank yuo for working hard." Hana hung up the phone, running a hand through her hair as she her signal and made a turn.

She was almost driving irresponsibly, but then she remembered the dreams she used to have about the accident. She would take those over the hellish nightmares she still experienced any day.

"Kang Hyuk-ssi. I'm ready to face you." she murmured to herself in the car.

0i0i0i0i0i0i0i0i0i0i0i0i

Hana was just arriveing at the prison, when she saw Hyosung waiting for her.

"How'd you get here so fast?" Hana asked.

Hyosung sighed and shook her head.

"I was just barely obeying the law. Listen, Hana no one would blame you if you didn't go through with this. It's understandable if you don't want to." Hyosung stated.

"I know Hyosung-ah. I just feel like if I don't now, I won't ever. And I have to." She stated hoping that her vague words would raing within Hyosung and that she would understand.

"Okay, let's go." Hyosung, reached out her hand and grasped Hana's tightly.

"Unnie, I'm not a baby."

"I know, but I should have been able to protect you. And yet here we are. It's my own failure that put you in this situation." Hana turned sharply to look at Hyosung.

She wasn't crying but Hana saw a look of shame and sadness on her face.

"You're not at fault. The only one at fault is Kang Hyuk. He put us all through this and we can't take responsibility for his actions." Hana smiled, hoping that Hyosung would take her words to heart.

She remained silent.

When they got to the front desk, Hana felt nervousness creep into her bones.

"Hello."

The guard looked up and they all did a double take. They must have seen the news about their famous prisoner here.

"Hello? What do you need?"

"I'm here to see Hong Kang Hyuk. He's twenty-seven years old." Hana waited for the man to nod.

"Yes, he's here. Did you want to relay a message to him?"

Hana shifted awkwardly.

"Actually, I wanted to speak with him. It's part of my healing process." Hana was lying a bit. Her therapist stated that they would schedule and give her due time to prepare. But one little lie wouldn't bother anyone.

"I see. Very well. Are you going too?" he asked Hyosung this question, who had been silent next to Hana offering her comfort through presence rather than words.

"Yes. Is that okay?" Hyosung doubted that it wouldn't be okay, but she was unsure about how this kind of thing usually went.

"Yes. Follow me."

Both women were screened for any potential weapons, and were asked to take off any jewlery that they might have.

"Thank you for coming Hyosung-ah. I know you have a solo coming that you need to prepare for." Hana felt incredibly guilty. Hyosung already had so much to work onyet her she was.

"Hana it's not a problem. Besides, I'm the leader of Secret and I'm always here for my girls." Hyosung smiled brightly at Hana tightening her grip on her hand.

They both took a deep breath and walked into the room, where they wouldface Hana's tormenter.

Hello, it's bee quite a while hasn't it? I've got exams this week and it's my last week of school, so huzzah! Thank you for sticking with me, though we're not quite finished yet! Hope you enjoy this chapter.