Confrontation

The Dream

As soon as they walked in, Hyosung tensed. She was the only person besides Jieun who hadn't seen him before.

So this was the man who had terrorized one of her precious members. She had never felt so sickened to see another person in her life.

Hana on the other hand was particularly calm. Of course, he hadn't said anything and Hana had been warned that now she might have triggers.

It was best to tread lightly.

He looked up and looked at both of them curiously. He glanced over Hyosung quickly, taking in her tense posture, a glint of slight amusement in his eyes.

However, his hungry gaze lingered on Hana, clearly intrigued by her appearance.

Hana saw that he was much less ragged in prison than he'd been in the cabin in the mountains.

He was clean shaven and looked alert, watchful. It unnerved Hana. However, she felt safer when she noticed the chains that tied him to the floor. With how short they were he could probably barely lean forward much less do damage to her. But still, the look in his eyes was worrying. How could a person be more at ease in prison?

"Ah, Hana. You came to visit?" Hana didn't answer. Instead she sat down, pulling Hyosung with her. Hyosung was fidgeting uncomfortably. Hana glanced at her, unsure of why she was acting like that.

"Kang Hyuk." Hana finally acknowledged him sitting straight and tall.

"I'm guessing this isn't a recreational visit? Is there something you'd like to say?"

Hana was definitely perplexed. Kang Hyuk was so much more composed and sure of himself. It was startling. She was almost sure that he was insane back then, and before when he was stalking her. But now he seemed almost normal. The difference was making Hana wonder which side was really him.

"I have a question Kang Hyuk-ssi." Hana stated, her face almost blank, business like.

"Oh, so we're familiar enough for that language?" he asked snidely. Hyosung's eye twitched. Hana put her hands on the table and crossed them.

"After the way you violated my private life, my body, my humanity, my mind? You abused me. I think all attempts at formality and polite manners have been abandoned." Hana snarled, showing an intense emotion for the first time. Hyosung put her hand on Hana's knee under the table. Hana glanced at her, and was surprised to see how red Hyosung's face looked under the flourescents.

"I see someone still feels bitter." he said teasingly. Hana felt her anger flare, but she breathed in deeply, reminding herself that in this situation she was in control.

"You're disgusting. But still, I have a question. Will you answer me honestly?" Hana felt more emblazoned with determination the more he mocked her. She wanted her dignity back. She wanted some semblance of having control of her life and where it was going. After her ordeal she questioned everything about her life.

Did she really want to be a singer? Should she quit, maybe finally have honest time with herself? But she knew this was the path that she wanted. Yet this monster has shaken the foundation of her lifelong dream.

And now she wanted to know why.

"Of course. I'm an honest man if nothing else." he said, making a grand gesture as best he could in his restraints.

"Why did you harass me? Why did you continue to follow me? And for that matter, why the girl before me?" Hana was determined to get answers. Even if she had to stay up all night, asking him questions as far back as what his first memory was.

"Why her? Well, simply put she didn't want me. I'm an average looking man, but I like to think that I'm rather intelligent. And we happended to be familiar with each other. I thought it was ridiculous that she didn't even attempt to date me." Hana had never felt more disgusted.

"Alright then, well why harass me?"

"You overpowerd me. You're so...small. But so strong. It's almost offensive." he said. Hana was annoyed by now. He'd told her different in the past. So was he lying? Or was it both? She was so unsure of herself and it  was mere moments after she came to this realization that she realized it didn't matter. She was free of him.

He was going to jail and she was going to happily live her life.

"You're pathetic. I suppose you think you've won?"

He chuckled, spreading his arms as wide as he could in his restraints.

"Well, I've traumatized you. Possibly ruined your life. And you'll probably never forget me. So, yes, I feel rather triumphant." he smiled. Hana smiled back at him, proud of her new epiphany.

"You haven't. Won I mean. Sure, I'm hurt now but I'll fight. I'll get better. Someday I'll walk down the streets and feel safe. I'll make new friends. I'll date, kiss, fall in love. I'll even have and won't feel suffocated when I touch another person. I'm going to have my favorite food and take walks and watch the sunrise. I'll only come out of this more strong than I was before. But the best part? The best part is that you'll be in here. Rotting alone, as you stew in your own filthy thoughts. And nothing makes me happier." Hana grinned again, feeling a weight lifted off her chest. She felt so liberated and knew that this was the first step to her recovery. Hyosung grabbed her hand and grinned at Hana.

Kang Hyuk looekd less than pleased.

"So you believe that I won't find you? That you're free? You worthless !" His tirade was cut off by his face slamming into the table. Hana was confused. She glanced at Hyosung and saw that Hyosung's foot was tangled into the chains, which had enabled her to pull his face into the table.

"Don't talk about Hana that way. She is above you. We won't be staying in touch." Hyosung stood up and nodded at the guard who was in the room. He slowly went to the inmate to tend to him, though they all knew he'd rather see him suffer, by the look in his eyes.

Hana and Hyosung left, still holding hands. Hana made it to the car, though Hyosung insisted on driving. Hana was in the seat and at that moment she burst into tears.

"H-hyosung I-I did it!. I'll n-never see him again a-a-a-a-and I'm fr-free!" Hana had never cried so hard in her adult life. Hyosung enveloped Hana in her arms soothing her and rocking slowly, trying to get her to breathe normally. Hyosung nodded and kissed Hana's temple.

"You did Hana. You're so brave and I couldn't be more proud of you. You were amazing in there. You'll never have any to do with him again." Hyosung soothed. Hana only sobbed unbelieving of the happiness now offered to her.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

The rest of the month and a half was taxing on Hana and her friends and family, including the members. Kang Hyuk had to have a trial and Hana was prime witness. She gave her statement and was examined and cross examined for almost a month. The rest of the time was spent as Hana convinced her boss that she could continue to work. Despite her words, their director decided to push up Hyosung's solo in order to stave off Secret fans as they waited for their next comeback. Hana felt disappointed. She was hoping to get back to work and see her fans again, but it was pushed back, perhaps until the end of the year, maybe until the next. She could do nothing about it. So all that was left was for her to continue her life as she described it to Kang Hyuk.

"Noona!" It was Zelo. He hadn't seen her much recently and had missed his favorite noona. She smiled at him, unable to remian straight-faced.

As cool as Zelo had become recently, he was still very cute to her. Probably because she could remember when he was so young.

"Ah, my baby! How are you?" she asked politely. He pouted and shook his head.

"Don't be so cold, noona! I heard Hyo-noona is having a solo!" Zelo seemed excited, since his eyes seemed very bright. Hana fought the urge to squeal.

"Yes, she's already recorded the songs and she's almost done practicing the choreography. It's a very nice song." Hana said. She was slightly jealous of Hyosung getting her solo first but Hyosung was their leader and she had improved quite a bit. It was fair that she would get a solo.

"Already? How come she didn't tell anybody?"

"Oh she wasn't sure when it would actually happen, she was only being careful, you know? But how about you?" Zelo nodded, and walked closser to Hana and offered his arm. Hana linked it through his, and the two walked to one of the rooms used for learning languages.

"Nothing really noona. The same old thing." He wouldn't look at her as he said it, and so Hana nudged him.

"Tell me about school." she insisted. There was no point in telling him what she went through, it would only upset him. Not too mention the whole company knew and a good chunk of the country most likely.

"I've been really good, actually. My grades haven't gotten better, but they haven't gotten any worse either." He sat down on the couch and faced Hana, fiddling with his fingers.

"Is that all?" Hana knew it wasn't, because he looked so nervous. She wasn't his mom or anything, but Hana liked to think that he came to her most for woman or motherly advice.

"Well, a girl in my class confessed to me." he said. Hana's eyebrows rose and she leaned forward.

"Really? What did you tell her?" Hana was very interested. Thus far, Zelo expressed absolutely no interest in girls, his age or not. He seemed like he wasn't remotely interested in romance and she wanted some kind of clue to piece it together.

"I told her that she was really pretty and that she had a nice personality, but I was really busy and to be honest I'd never thought of her that way." He sighed as he said it.

"Ah so you had to reject her? Was she hurt?" Hana thought to some of her own failed confessions and was glad that Zelo had been nice about it.

"Only a little, but she promised to come to our concerts." Zelo blushed as he said this, rubbing the back of his head.

Hana laughed loudly, a wide grin taking over her face.

"So you do like her?"

"Noona," he whined, leaning his back. "I don't like her. She's just really pretty." Hana shook her head.

"Alright, Junhong-ah, I won't tease you. Ah, you've really grown a lot." she smiled. Zelo rested his head in his hands and smiled at Hana as well.

"Noona has gotten coller and more amture too. But she's still short."

Hana pouted.

"Yah, don't laugh at your elders, you little brat." Zelo burst into laughter this time and slapped the table in his mirth.

"Yah, don't get us in trouble! We're supposed to be studying!" Hana complained. Zelo calmed down and wiped his tears.

"I missed you noona. It's nice to see you being so happy."

Hana grinned and smiled contentedly.

"It's nice to be happy."


I have no excuse or some really good reason for my neglect, but that's what it is. Hope you guys don't hate the chapter, because I love it to be honest. Let me know what you think via comments, or a message if you prefer! Love you guys, my little moonbeams!