Chapter 27

I swear, this time I mean it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 27

                                                                            

 

As Seunghyun deepened the kiss, Daesung could hear footsteps ebbing away. His eyes were open, but the older man blocked his sight, so he couldn’t see what was happening. Then Seunghyun broke their kiss. The boy vaguely looked at him, not really focussing on any part in particular.


“Dae,” Seunghyun breathed. Daesung lightly flinched, but quickly recovered when he saw the other hadn’t noticed. His eyes then made a quick scan of the room, and he noticed Youngbae had left. There was a part of him that didn’t like it at all. Being alone with Seunghyun… was dangerous.


“You can tell me what happened exactly later, all I need to know right now is if you’re really fine, and don’t lie.” Seunghyun hadn’t blinked once whilst saying it, making the younger boy understand how serious he was being. At that point, there were so many things Daesung wanted to tell him, but even though he wanted to, there was no way he actually could get the words over his lips. Not to Seunghyun, not to the man that had always looked at him with these loving eyes, the ever unwavering doting gaze. Daesung simply didn’t want to lose that. He slowly let out some air in the hope he could relieve just a little of  the tension, and curled his lips up into a tired smile. He then placed his index finger onto the crease that had formed on Seunghyun’s forehead, and pressed it.


“No,” he then said, and he flattened the crease by sliding his finger down towards his nose, right to the tip. ‘I’m not okay, I’m not okay at all,’ he thought, and for a moment, only a brief moment, Daesung let his finger rest there. He quickly realised it though, and then he retracted his hand.


“But I’d like it if you’d stop worrying like this, it’s my problem really,” Daesung tried his best to speak in the same tone he had been using before. A tone indicating he didn’t care, a tone urging Seunghyun to leave. It wasn’t the exact same voice, but he hoped his hyung didn’t realise that, which he obviously didn’t, as the man on top of him hissed.


“Really? Are you freaking kidding me, Daesung?” He turned his head away and slightly rolled his eyes. The boy was glad he finally looked away, it gave him the opportunity to look at him properly, something he hadn’t done in quite some time now.


“How can you not understand that it is my problem too? Aren’t you the one that used to tell me I have to be happy? Well, I can’t be happy if you’re not. You can say anything you want about me, but never, and I really mean never,” his eyes found their way back to Daesung’s, who quickly altered the look in his eyes in order not to get caught.


“That I shouldn’t worry about you. Because the truth is, I will always worry about you. Heck, I worry about you even when you’re standing right next to me.” Seunghyun’s hands searched for the younger’s, and unconsciously, Daesung’s hands sought the other’s out too.


“I need to touch you, Dae,” and Seunghyun entangled their fingers again. The insides of Daesung’s stomach suddenly flared up, making a little spark, ready to be ignited.


“But don’t get me wrong, not only physically, but emotionally as well. Yet lately, you’ve been shutting me out.” The crease on Seunghyun’s forehead had reappeared.


“Let me in, Daesung, let’s go back to our own world. Let’s forget about everything, and everyone, and only have each other.” Slowly, Seunghyun leaned in, his breath serving as nothing more but to fan the little spark.


“Only think of me, Dae. I promise you, I won’t ever let you go again.” As Seunghyun’s eyes were looking deeply into Daesung’s, the latter slowly stopped. He stopped fighting against whatever he was trying to withhold. It was a tiring thing to do, and if he had to be honest, he was exhausted. But there, in his hyung’s eyes, he saw everything he had been searching for. Whether it was a warm bed to lie in, arms to keep him safe, sweet words to comfort him, love to warm him, it was all there. It had been there all along. So he smiled while placing his finger onto the crease again.


“Fine, let’s go,” he whispered, as he revelled in the fire that was burning inside. At last, he wouldn’t feel cold any longer and he pulled the man closer as a plea to heat him up even more.

 

*******


“You want something to drink?” Seunghyun asked the boy. With his well-known velvet voice, the latter hummed a soft ‘yes’. When Seunghyun didn’t move, Daesung shifted his weight, which was barely possible due to the overly firm hold the older had on him, and looked at the older.


“Do you?” Daesung then asked, assuming he’d be the one to fetch it. Seunghyun’s eyes widened, as if he had just woken up from a dream a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter