Chapter 18

I swear, this time I mean it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 18

                                                                            

 

Seunghyun had returned to tapping his feet onto the ground, only this time, he was sitting on his chair. Waiting. And impatiently, too. He would’ve bolted by now if it wasn’t for Youngbae pulling the trust-card. He shot a quick glimpse at the latter who hadn’t taken his eyes off of Seunghyun once, not even for a second.

“That’s nice, you talking about trust and all,”
Seunghyun started.
“But it really seems as if you don’t even have the faintest bit of trust in me.”
Youngbae gave him a smile, followed by a ‘you got that right’-look, making the oldest sigh. He didn’t mind Youngbae watching him, or not being allowed to leave the premises at all costs. No, those were not the things that made his insides cringe in agony. It was the ignorance that was nibbling on the little sanity that was left inside his mind. Inside, his mind was going crazy. Inside, reason and heart were rumbling together wildly. Inside, a war was going on.
And he couldn't help but feel as if he was losing.

When he finally heard a car pulling up the driveway, he instantly shot up from his chair, and hurried to the front door. He forcefully pulled it open in one go and waited for the car to stop completely. He did his best to see if it was Daesung, but since the windows were tinted, he couldn’t do anything other than wait. And seeing he had been waiting for what he believed felt like ages, he couldn’t quite do that. So he approached the car, even though the engine was still quietly humming.

He could see one door opening; Jiyong slowly stepped out of the car, and slammed the door shut. There was something odd about the look on his face. Even though Seunghyun had known him since they were young, he had never seen that look before. When Jiyong noticed Seunghyun, the look on his face shifted into an angry one.
“Where’s Daesung?”
Seunghyun asked, but he decided to ignore him; he focused his eyes on the front door, and walked past the oldest, pretending as if he wasn’t even there.

Unfortunately for Jiyong, this wasn’t the right time to pull this kind of action. Seunghyun was pissed and worried like hell. And the display of this unresponsive attitude towards him, wasn’t improving his mood at all. The first thing he did though, was walk up to the car, and try to look inside. But there was no one else in there.
Then he frantically ran after Jiyong. Upon reaching him, he grabbed his arm in an iron grip and shoved him violently against the wall.
“Where the is Daesung?”
Normally he wouldn’t swear, but by now he had practically lost all of his composure. His mind had been filled with nothing but disastrous scenes of what might’ve happened, and yet here the little bastard was, not even willing to acknowledge his existence. Jiyong still didn’t look back at him, and this made the rumbling inside his head go wild. He raised his elbow and strongly pushed it against Jiyong’s throat.
“You lousy son of a –– ”
Before he got the chance to finish his sentence, or put even more pressure on his elbow making Jiyong somewh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter