Chapter 20

I swear, this time I mean it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 20

                                                                            

 

I blink my eyes.
‘It’s been over a week,’ I think.

And I blink again. I don’t understand why I don’t just keep them shut, it’s dark anyway, so it wouldn’t make a difference. Slowly, I drag my feet over the ground until they reach my chest. Then I quietly raise my arms, and pull my legs even closer.

Quietly, because I can’t make noise.

Quietly, because I need to hear.

Quietly, because he might come home.

I blink my eyes. There is no sound whatsoever. In the entire building, it’s quiet. It feels as if everyone is doing the same as I am; waiting. And carefully listening.

But they’re not.

Youngbae runs. And he does nothing besides running. What is he trying to accomplish? Does he think he’ll casually run into Daesung, and they’ll happily return home? It’s ridiculous.
Seungri doesn’t speak. He looks like he has a lot to say, but every time he opens his mouth, he closes it shortly after. He doesn’t speak, because there’s simply nothing left to say.
And Jiyong doesn’t come out of his room. He hasn’t said a word to me after he’s gotten home, and I’m perfectly fine with that. He’s wallowing himself in self-pity and guilt. And I think he’s right. I think he should.
He does talk with the others. I can hear their whispers through the walls. But I don’t listen to what they say. I don’t care.

No one really knows how to react. At first, Youngbae was the one reassuring us everything was going to be okay. And I was stupid enough to believe him. He had gotten Jiyong so far as to say where he had left Daesung, and I had immediately jumped into my car, rushing to the woods.
I don’t remember much from the drive, it’s all become a blur. I do remember the feeling I had. And the feeling had on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter