Chapter 21

I swear, this time I mean it
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 21

                                                                            

 

Seunghyun heard some feet shuffling through the hallway. A part of him was hoping it wasn’t Youngbae again. He wasn’t in the mood at all for some more of his lies. But the steps sounded different, lighter, softer, more hesitant.

He lifted his head and looked at the shadow standing in the door opening. Seungri raised one of his eyebrows, obviously not expecting Seunghyun to still be there.
“What?”
Seunghyun asked. He wanted him to leave, but Seungri didn’t say anything in return. Of course not. Why would he? He hadn’t spoken in almost two weeks now. He then walked into the room towards Daesung’s bed. He didn’t hesitate before climbing into it and covering himself underneath the bed sheets.

“Ya! This isn’t your bed! Don’t act so comfortably!’
Seunghyun yelled. He was slightly upset by the nonchalance in Seungri’s eyes. It was as if he was telling him to scram, and that it was only natural for him to be there.
“I don’t care if you don’t speak, but you don’t just go lying in someone else’s bed. And definitely not Daesung’s!”
Seunghyun continued. He grabbed Seungri’s arm and started pulling it. But Seungri didn’t budge. He was annoyed by the actions of his hyung. So he wiggled his arm a bit until Seunghyun let go. He then hurriedly placed his arms underneath the pillow whilst lying on his stomach. Then he placed his chin on top of it, but he quickly pushed his entire face into the pillow.

After watching Seungri’s motionless figure lying there for a while, Seunghyun wanted to try pulling him out of the bed again, but when he heard muffled sobs coming from the maknae, he didn’t do it. He had almost forgotten Seungri and Daesung had become rather close lately. Seunghyun still didn’t approve him lying in Daesung’s bed, but he decided to let him be. Being mad at him right now, simply wouldn’t be right.

 

Youngbae felt empty. He let his feet guide him through the hallway. He walked to the end, and back again. Once he reached the top of the stairs, he turned around, and repeated the same pattern over and over. When he heard Seunghyun’s voice humming through the silence that had been piercing in the house for almost two weeks now, he stopped at Daesung’s room. Seunghyun was complaining to Seungri in order for him to leave, but he could see that the youngest wanted the other to do the exact same thing. And personally, he thought Seunghyun should be the one to leave. He had been hogging Daesung’s room since the beginning, and to be fair, he wasn’t the only one that was having a hard time dealing with this. Seunghyun didn’t care enough about the others to know how they feel. He didn’t know Jiyong was broken beyond repair. He didn’t know Seungri couldn’t cope. And he didn’t know Youngbae didn’t know what to do anymore now he had lost the other half of his soul.
Seunghyun wasn't the only one hurting, but he thought he was. He thought he’s been left all alone in that perfect little world he and Daesung have created over the years. But he’s not. He’s in reality. And in reality, everyone’s hurting, and everyone’s been left behind.

Then, it almost seemed unreal, the doorbell rang. That hardly ever happened. The people that needed to enter usually knew the code, and would just enter on their own. Or they’d use a key. But no one ever actually rang the doorbell.

Youngbae pulled himself together and hurried towards the stairs. He nearly tripped whilst running down a little too fast causing him to miss a couple of steps. Youngbae hesitated, but only for a split second, and then he opened the door.

He felt his breath hitch and he wanted to throw himself at the worn out figure he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter