Chapter 6

I Don't Know You

Third Person POV

“Are you really just going to buy me a hot dog?” Jisu groaned. Daehyun pressed his lip together.

“I don’t have that much money…” he let out a soft chuckle. Daehyun handed the hot dog to Jisu.

“I should’ve just eaten the lunch I gave you instead,” Jisu sighed as she bit into the hot dog. Daehyun gave her a hurt look.

“I enjoyed it though. Thank you.” Daehyun felt too guilty to look her in the face and instead looked around them. A stall caught his eye. He pulled out the coins that jingled in his pocket. He grinned childishly at the gold and silver coins that sat in the palm of his hand. “Jisu!” He said flipping his head around. Jisu looked at him with a puzzled expression, ketchup biting at the top of her lip. Daehyun grinned playfully and took her by the hand, dragging her to the stall.

“Oh you’re back!!” The overly-enthusiastic hoops man greeted the couple. “Ready for another go?” Suddenly the handsome busan guy caught his eye. “Oh! Another boy?? Is this gentleman going to succeed in impressing the little lady?”

Daehyun turned to Jisu with a confused look. “What’s he on about?” he said furrowing his brows. Jisu shrugged innocently.

“You get seven balls, if you get five in a row you win a prize, simple? Okay let’s go!!” The stall man clapped his hands. A smirk crept up his face as he watched Daehyun stare blankly at the orange stripped ball in his hands.

“Do you know how to play?” Jisu whispered to the boy beside her. The whites of his eyes expanded before they shrunk in a grinned.

“Of course I do!” he said confidently. “You should start deciding what toy you want.”

 

A few moments later Jisu looked even more disappointed than earlier. “I can’t believe you couldn’t even get one in…”

“Sorry,” Daehyun sighed. Jisu looked up at the gloomy boy. He hung his head, his eyes were shaded by his lashes and his lips were curved in a pout. “One of them was real close though!” Daehyun said with hope sparking in his eyes.

Jisu pressed her lips together. None even came close to the hoop. “Yeah,” Jisu laughed softly in pity. “How much money you have left?”

Daehyun pulled out the remains from his pocket. “Five dollars.”

Jisu smiled brightly at him. “Perfect!”

The Ferris wheel had sweet couples flowing in and out of each coloured carriage. Jisu and Daehyun waited in the long twisting line. Daehyun watched nervously as the carriages went higher and higher until they reached the highest point where they seemed to dangle dangerously in mid-air. “A-are you sure you want to ride that?

Jisu turned to him. “Yes.” She replied bluntly. Daehyun frowned, furrowing his thick brows.

“This is taking too long!” He groaned after a minute or so of waiting in line. Jisu seemed to ignore him, looking straight ahead of them. A sweet couple stood in front of them. The boy stood a head taller than the girl, his arm draped around her shoulders, smiling happily at each other. Jisu had a pouted face as she stared at them. Daehyun looked between the couple and then at Jisu. He slipped his hand by hers, gradually twining their fingers together. Jisu looked away, her face blushing a light pink. Daehyun rubbed the back of his head with his other hand. “I don’t know why you just don’t pick me already…”

Jisu looked calmly down at the landscape from the Ferris wheel. A smile crept up her face as she pushed her cheek against the glass to get a better look at the colourfully speckled ground. The school really was bustling with people.

“WOW!” she gasped. “Hey Daehyun! Take a look at this!!” Jisu tugged at the boy’s sleeve who was sitting opposite her. Daehyun cautiously rose from his seat and crept to the other seat where Jisu was sitting and squirmed down next to her. He peeped over her shoulder. Daehyun staggered back causing their carriage to swing violently.

“A-are you sure this is s-safe?!” Daehyun stuttered. His face grew pale, his eyes were wide and his bottom lip quivered as violently as the carriage. Jisu smirked.

“No. It’s horribly dangerous!” she snickered, “This carriage could fall right down!!”

Daehyun’s eyes grew even bigger and his face was as white as paper. “I want to get off.” He gasped violently for air.

“Oh relax!” Jisu giggled, patting Daehyun on the back. The carriage lurched down. Jisu slipped down the chair, falling against Daehyun’s chest. The carriage swayed violently to and fro. Daehyun breathed heavily, his eyes squeezed shut. Jisu looked up at him, a bright shade of pink flushing across her face. Daehyun forced an eye open.

“Are you okay?” he squeaked said between heavy breaths. Jisu stared at him without saying a word.

Jisu POV

He smelt of cologne. His worried face was so close to my own. This is a dangerous ride. I might really fall. Fall real hard for this guy. The idea swirled around my head as Daehyun continued staring at me. His lashes framed his eyes and I seemed to be sinking deeper and deeper into the intensity of his eyes. I was so afraid that I was staring as longingly back at him as he was at me. His lips moved but nothing came out of his mouth. Everything seemed to quiet inside the carriage though I could hear the background noise of the festival all too well.

 

Kai POV

I caught a glimpse of Jisu waiting in line for the Ferris wheel. I felt a surge of hope but it got stuck in my throat before I could yell out her name. She looked to her side, a flush of pink in her cheeks. I crept around and noticed a boy standing beside her, holding her hand. Jung Daehyun. “Tch.” I swung my head around, ready to move back into the forever mobbing crowd of people but my feet wouldn’t budge. I stood there like an idiot. Conflicted on whether to go and be bothered by the thought of them being alone together or to follow them onto the ride and be hurt while watching them be alone together. I swore under my breath and swung my head back around. I began to pace before I could enter the line. Either way, it’s not like I care. I’m already here so I might as well ride the stupid thing.

I entered the line, about twenty people behind Jisu and Daehyun. Even if I do ride it I won’t be able to spy on them—spy on them? Why would I do that? I flipped my head around. Chen only had one person between him and the two. Perfect. I began to quietly approach him, tilting my head down just in case Jisu or Daehyun turned around. They might think I’m ‘spying.’

“Chen!” I hissed.

Chen jerked backwards. “A-ah! Hello Kai! You scared me!” he laughed, exhaling in relief.

I brought a finger to my lips, “sssh!!”

Chen gave me a puzzled expression. “What is it?”

I frowned. What’s my excuse? “Uh…err… Let me cut in front of you.”

“Why?”

“Be-because—” I needed to think of a good excuse. “—because my first love and I went on this ride together and we rode it in exactly two minutes from now, if I don’t get in now I’ll feel like I’ve betrayed her,” I messaged the bridge of my nose and wiped a fake tear, “I’ll feel like I can never make it up to her… if I could have saved her back then…!!” I burst out in fake sniffles and tears.

“W-whoa yeah, okay! G-go ahead!!” stuttered Chen, falling for the trap. I bobbed my head, weeping quietly as I slipped in front of him.

 

“Just one?” said the man ushering couples into the carriages. The man lifted a brow as if it was his first time seeing a lone guy go on the Ferris wheel. Am I like a rare species or something??

“Yeah, just one.” I handed over some loose change and slipped into the carriage. The fact that I had a perfect view of Daehyun and Jisu’s carriage both pleased and frustrated me, what were they doing alone on this ‘couples’ ride?

My carriage moved swiftly up and up, higher and higher. I watched the people grow smaller and the buildings shrink beneath me. It felt as if I was left to dangle in mid-air near the highest point. I pressed my face against the glass and peered into Jisu’s carriage. Wait— what the hell?! Why is Daehyun getting up to sit next to her?!

“YAH! GET AWAY FROM HER YOU OLD CREEP!!” I screamed aloud as he crept closer to her. What the hell?!?! WHY IS THEIR CARRAIGE SWINGING AROUND SO MUCH?? WHAT IS THAT OLD FART DOING TO JISU??!! I slammed my fist against the glass, gritting my teeth as I watched their carriage rock back and forth. In such a place he dares taint her mercilessly… My carriage lurched upwards as theirs moved down, still rocking violently.

I thrashed violently as I pushed my face against the glass, trying to get a better view of them. Daehyun’s head popped back into view, his hair was a mess and he had a somewhat pleased yet confused face as he looked down, I assumed somewhere between his legs. I gritted my teeth, swearing aimlessly inside my carriage. Blind assumptions whizzed through my head. Is she in pain? I squirmed onto my knees. As I kneelt on my seat I got a better view. I sighed in relief, slightly embarrassed at myself when I noticed Daehyun still had his jeans on. I also noticed his gaze was much softer as he looked down at Jisu who leaned against his chest. I gripped at my own chest. “Why?”

 

 

So-- Jisu x Daehyun  OR  Jisu x Kai ? Sohee shippings will be next time o u o

Did you guys watch Daehyun on the pirate ship ride btw? poor guy was real scared XD