Chapter 12

I Don't Know You

Third person POV

Everyone flooded into the corridors the moment the bell rang. D.O stumbled clumsily towards his locker. “A-ah sorry!” he immediately apologised as he was pushed into a girl in front of him. Sohee turned around and gave him a nod, gesturing that she was fine. “Ah… Sohee?!” D.O called to her just before she turned a corner.

“Yes?” Sohee replied anxiously.

D.O pressed his lips together and gripped onto the photo in his pocket before he decided to continue. “Weren’t you partnered up with Zelo ssi before? For the history assignment I mean…”

Sohee nodded, looking a bit confused, “but some things happened and I joined another group.”

D.O widened his eyes, “oh really? I’m sorry…” D.O began to mumble as he looked at the ground. He lifted his head back up, ready to shoot another question. “But aren’t you and Zelo ssi good friends?”

Sohee shrugged, “I don’t know about now,” she frowned, “why are you asking?”

“Zelo asked to partner up with me but I thought he was still partnered up with you… When I asked he just said that he didn’t know you…” D.O bit his lip, suddenly feeling guilty like he was already backstabbing his new partner, which, in a way, he kind of was.

Sohee pursed her lips, “Really…?” she said under a breath as she tilted her head towards the ground.

Sohee’s upset expression didn’t help D.O’s feeling of guilt. “Sorry…” he repeated for the fourth time that day. D.O grasped onto the photo in his pocket, ready to show it to Sohee and tell her that Zelo still cared. But after a moment of hesitation Sohee nodded, smiled and trotted around the corner.

“Uhh…” D.O furrowed his brows, “she’ll figure it out,” he persuaded himself. 

 

Jisu frowned after hearing what Zelo had said. “Isn’t that going too far?” she said as she peeled her mandarin. “I mean, you’ve known each other since childhood, how can he not know you??”

Sohee shrugged expressionlessly as she gnawed on the corner of her biscuit.

Jisu popped a bit of the mandarin into only to spit it back out. “Ew, it tastes weird!” she complained. Jisu frowned. “Sohee, is it okay if we go to the practice room? I need to go borrow some lunch money from someone…unless you have money?” Jisu smiled sweetly as she batted her eye lashes.

“I have no money,” Sohee said poking her tongue out. She stuffed the remaining biscuits back into a plastic bag then into her school bag. Sohee got up and patted the crumbs off her skirt. “Let’s go visit the sunbae-nims,” she cheered, referring to ‘B.A.P’ the school’s hip hop club.

 

 “Pabo!” Daehyun laughed. “You have no lunch money?” The stench of the practice room had surely strengthened.

Jisu held her nose. “Is this how males mark their territory?” she joked as she fanned the air around her.

Jongup came up to us after scavenging through his bag. He held out two silver coins, “is this enough?”

Jisu frowned, “are you bankrupt or something?” she groaned, accepting the money at the same time.

Jongup chuckled innocently, “sorry.” He then turned to Sohee and smiled in acknowledgment. Sohee stepped back and nodded coyly.

Daehyun laughed, “You can’t even buy milk with that money!” he stuffed his hand into the back pocket of his pants and pulled out a brown leather wallet. He took out several notes and held it in front of the two girls, “there!”

Jisu grinned and made a heart with her hands, “saranghae oppa!!” she cheered with an overly fake cutesy voice. Without hesitation she accepted the money. “Let’s go Sohee!” Jisu grinned as she steered her friend to the door.

 

Jisu beamed at Sohee, “money!” she laughed childishly. Sohee smiled back bitterly. Jisu cocked her head to the side, “something wrong?”

Sohee shrugged, “I think Zelo really is ignoring me…”

Jisu waved a hand, “PMS.”

“PMS?” Sohee laughed.

Jisu smiled back sweetly, “let’s go buy something to eat!”

 

Meanwhile…
“You okay?” Yongguk said patting Zelo’s shoulder.

Zelo shrugged, “Yeah I’m okay hyung.”

“You were jumping up and down before the girls came to visit, ‘something going on between you and one of them?” Youngjae smirked, lifting an eyebrow.

Daehyun’s eyes widened, “Is there really?”

Zelo cringed, “What? No…” he muttered. 

“Are you going through PMS?” Himchan chuckled as he pinched Zelo’s cheeks. The maknae gave him a disapproving glare.

“What’s that?” Jongup said, he suddenly stopped practicing and joined the conversation for once.

Himchan grinned and swung an arm around Jongup’s neck. “It’s a girl’s time of month.”

“Time of month for what--? A celebration?? Like a coming of age?” Jongup blinked.

Himchan’s mouth gaped open, “U-uh,” he struggled to explain, “it’s more like turning into a werewolf every month for a week or so…”

Jongup furrowed his brows, “Zelo’s going to turn into a werewolf?” he squinted his eyes at Zelo, “but he hasn’t even had his coming of age ceremony yet??”

B.A.P shook their heads, Yongguk face palmed. “I’m with a bunch of idiots,” he grumbled.

 

“Today we play basketball!” grinned Mr. Kim as he pretended to shoot a ball through a hoop. He rubbed his hands together, enthusiastically grinning at the class. The class stared blankly at him. Jisu rubbed her arms in the rhythm of the chattering teeth. Some students tugged on their shirts for warmth as the cool gym bit at their bare skin. “Oh c’mon!!” Mr. Kim whinged. When the enthusiasm levels of the class didn’t rise he began to grit his teeth. Yawns echoed around the gymnasium as Mr. Kim brought a whistle to his lips. A high pitch noise echoed through the gym, students covered their ears with scowls on their faces.

 “Seriously?” Sungyeol groaned, rubbing his ears, “What was that for?!”

“Who wants to be in the red team?” the teacher said, ignoring Sungyeol.

Zelo lifted a brow as he watched the teacher and some male students argue, the cold weather must’ve gotten to them, he assumed. Zelo looked around, his eyes falling upon Sohee who had her knees pushed up against her chest, her shorts shorter than usual. Zelo scrunched up his face in disapproval, “disgusting,” he hissed. He got up, not wanting to be sitting on the same floor as her. He went up to the teacher and held his hand out, “I’ll be in red,” he said.

Mr. Kim blinked blankly then smiled and threw his only obedient student a coloured bib. “See, be more like Junhong! All of you, off your butts!” the teacher ordered, clapping his hands together and shooing the students up on their feet.

Jisu turned to Sohee, “he’s such a show off!” Sohee turned to her friend and nodded.

 

“Okay, Sohee you go on Kai’s team and Jisu can go on Zelo’s team. Is that everyone?” Mr. Kim looked around as the remaining students shuffled into their teams.

“I want to be on Zelo’s team!” whinged a group of girls, “it’s not fair!”

Kai laughed, sounding genuinely amused as he turned to the teacher “Mr. Kim let them change go on the other team.” Mr. Kim lifted a brow, Kai smiled and turned to the group of girls who had huddled together in protest, “They’re just going to weigh us down.” He explained with a smug smile still taped onto his face.

The group of girls’ mouths gaped open. “Oppa! You’re just joking right?” Hyomin smiled, when he didn’t reply she slipped in, “aren’t we friends?”

Kai stared shallowly at Hyomin and the rest of the group. Once he finally opened his mouth he pretended to stuff his fingers inside it and vomit. The girls stepped back, disgusted looks on their faces. Kai wiped his mouth with the back of his hands, “if you don’t want to play basketball, just sit out,” he said, eyes firmly locked onto the girls as they backed away into a corner.

 

“Gross,” Hyomin cringed, “forget what I said earlier, he’s not my type.”

Jiyeon pouted, “what a waste.”

“He’s annoying!” Hyomin scoffed, “and over-confident!!”

Boram pressed her lips together, “He is good at sports though… and he’s hot.”

The other girls hesitated to answer—looking quite disturbed for a moment—but in the end agreed that he was ‘hot.’

 

Jisu rolled her eyes as she passed the group of girls and patted Sohee’s back, “good luck with those girls.” 

Sohee frowned as she parted with Jisu to get a bib from Kai. Kai smiled and handed Sohee a blue piece of cloth before heading to the centre. He passed by Jisu and ruffled her hair, Sohee giggled at her friend’s irritated face as she shooed Kai away.

Sohee ran up near the centre to be closer to Jisu. Jisu grinned, “I’ll win!”

Sohee poked out her tongue and gave her friend a thumbs down, “Never!” she laughed. They waited for the other students to get ready. Sohee’s eyes unintentionally met with the opposing team’s captain. Zelo stared back at her hollowly.

“Don’t miss,” Sohee said sarcastically.

“Don’t worry,” Zelo said firmly as he slipped on his bib, “I won’t.”

Kai and Zelo face each other, Kai standing only a few centimetres shorter. Mr. Kim blew the whistle and threw the ball in the air. Zelo jumped up for the ball the instant he heard the whistle. He only took a step before it was swiftly taken away by Kai who easily slipped past the taller boy, giving him a cheeky grin.

 

Kai’s team was in the lead as Jisu ran up behind Sohee and tackled her. “Our team ,” Jisu frowned, “Zelo’s just all talk.”

Sohee laughed, “he’s always been like that.”

“Okay girls, stop gossiping and help out your team!” Mr. Kim yelled from the other side of the gym. The two girls frowned but obediently ran after the ball.

Kai swiped pass Jisu, dribbling the ball effortlessly. His eyes locked with Sohee, a smirk playing on his face. “Sohee!” he called as he threw her the ball.

“EH??” Sohee widened her eyes in panic as the ball came her way. She caught it then looked around hurriedly, unsure of what to do.

“Go!” Kai yelled pointing at the red team’s basket. Sohee stumbled as she began dribbling the ball, quickly avoiding anyone coming her way. Suddenly a short haired girl appeared out of nowhere. She grinned and slammed into Sohee’s side causing both of them to topple over. The thud echoed around the gym and the game came to a halt.

“Are you two okay??” Mr. Kim called as he rushed into the scene. The girl laid over Sohee and the ball had been flung a few meters away. Zelo approached them and pulled the short haired girl up by her wrist which dangled lifelessly.

“Eunjung,” Zelo said as the girl curled her arm around his, “Are you okay?”

Eunjung nodded coyly and tucked stray strands of brown hair behind her ear. She made a short weeping noise, “oppa, my body hurts.” She curled her arm around Zelo’s and tilted her head on his forearm. She pouted and batted her eyelashes several times as if she was about to cry as she clung tighter onto the boy’s arm.

Zelo angled his head to get a better look at Eunjung’s face, “what happened?” he said softly.

Eunjung pressed her lips, her eyes filled with fake tears, she pointed at Sohee, “she pulled me down with her because I tried taking the ball.”

Kai and Jisu had pulled Sohee up, all three of them were gaping in disbelief. “That’s bull,” Jisu hissed.

“Sohee wouldn’t do that,” Kai added.

Mr. Kim looked back and forth between the two sides. “Break it up!” he said after a moment of hesitation. “It was probably just an accident.”

“No!” Eunjung squealed, tugging tightly at Zelo’s arm. “Sh-she hates me!”

Zelo looked down at Eunjung then at Sohee and scowled. Sohee furrowed her brows in disbelief as she slightly leant on Jisu. “Who even are you?” Jisu spat. Eunjung opened , ready to talk back but was quickly interrupted by the teacher.

“Okay! That’s enough,” Mr. Kim interrupted, “just apologize to Eunjung, Sohee.”

Sohee scrambled for words, “But I didn’t—”

“Apologize.” Zelo said firmly, staring coldly at Sohee.    

“Zelo!?” Sohee gasped in disbelief.

Zelo tilted his head up, making Sohee feel even lower than she already was. “Do I know you?” he scoffed.

Sohee’s eyes dilated as she widened them. Jisu stared at the disbelief on Sohee’s face then at Eunjung, who was still clinging on Zelo with her chin up in the air.

“What?” Eunjung smirked, a look of disgust on her face as she scanned Jisu.

“Let’s go” Kai said as he tugged on Jisu’s shoulder. Jisu grabbed onto Sohee, knocking her back into the world. Eunjung’s top lip twitched. Kai lifted a brow, “You seem okay, let it go.”

“That tried to kill me!” Eunjung snorted.

Kai took a step towards her, “you look fine to me,” he muttered as he towered above her.

Zelo tilted his head and peered behind Kai. “Just tell her to apologize,” Zelo repeated bluntly. Eunjung looked up at Zelo, smiling with artificial sweetness.  Then she grinned cunningly at Sohee.

Jisu cringed in disgust. “We decline.” Jisu jeered and steered Sohee out of the gym.

“Hey! Class hasn’t been dismissed yet!!” Mr. Kim’s voice echoed around the stirred up gymnasium.

 

 

Hello! this update took a loong time I know orz But I have many reasons for that !! but nevermind that~

The stories already 12 chapters long and each chapter is about 1500-2000+ words. I know it's taken awhile to get to the whole "I don't know you" incident, I really didn't know it'd take soooo long TT TT Have you guys enjoyed it? What would you like to happen next? I need a bit of help since I've been pretty blank recently....

But I finished my sketch of Zelo ! :D