Chapter 11

I Don't Know You

Sohee POV

“Let’s take a break,” Kai suggested as he pushed away his laptop, “I hate essays!”

Jisu looked up from her notebook and rolled her eyes—then they landed on me. She lifted an eyebrow, “Are you hungry?”

I bit my lip and hesitantly nodded.

Jisu sighed then turned her attention back to Kai, “Go buy something from the convenience store.”

Kai pouted, “why me? You’re the one who needs to lose weight—why don’t you go??”

 Jisu shrugged, “Let’s keep working then.” She picked up her notebook. A grin began crawling up her face as Kai clambered to his feet.

Kai stretched his arms then he slouched his shoulders forward, exhaling loudly. He tipped his head to the side, “’you coming?” Kai said to Jisu.

She waved a hand. “No. Just you.” She smirked, “Hurry up, I’m craving ice cream.”

“Tch.” Kai cringed, “You pregnant or something?” Jisu gave him the cold shoulder. “Tch.” Kai hissed as he picked his jacket up from the couch and walked towards the door. His eyes fell on me. I whisked my head around, wondering if it could have been something behind me. He hastily approached me and pulled me up.

“H-Hey?!” I said, extremely confused about the situation.

“Shut up, just c’mon!” Kai muttered.

Jisu stared as we struggled out the door, “Uh… bye?” she said just before Kai closed the door.

 

Kai walked as I followed behind him. The sun’s rays felt crisp like the cool breeze as they balanced each other harmoniously. I watched Kai’s lean shadow walk on the road as he walked on the path. I lifted my head to meet the sun’s glare. It shone through layers of Kai’s hair, making it glow an amber-brown colour. It was peaceful, like it wasn’t the same day I was experiencing a few hours ago.

Kai hesitantly turned his head. The moment we met eyes he pretended to not have noticed and looked away. Kai rubbed the back of his head and softly began to mumble to himself.

“Pardon?” I said after I realised he was actually talking to me.

Kai sighed and repeated himself, louder this time but still not bothering to turn and face me completely. “Y-you can’t tell Jisu… about that,” he stuttered. Kai averted his eyes, his cheeks blushing a soft shade of pink as he hid his face behind a sleeved hand.

“I won’t!” I chirped back.

Kai shifted his head, his ear had turned completely red. “Promise?” he said shyly.

I was shocked. I had never seen him like this, he was always talking back and being egotistical. I thought he was arrogant, immature and had a handful too much of pride in his pocket. But now he emptied his pockets and was hiding away like a child. “I promise.” I assured him. 

He nodded gently in reply, “thanks. Sorry for making you walk with me. I thought you might’ve told her while I was gone…”

I laughed. He was so much more innocent than I had expected.

 

We finally reached the convenience store after about twenty minutes of walking when I thought it was only around the corner. “You go get some ice cream,” Kai suggested, “I want melon,” he added.

Kai strolled some aisles as I went to the freezer section to look for some ice cream. I skimmed the different types of ice cream and popsicles. I picked out a melon flavoured popsicle then hesitated to pick the last two for me and Jisu. What do I want and what would she want? I picked up a small tub of cookies and cream. Sprinkles and chunks of Oreos were swirled into the ice cream. I looked up the price—too expensive. I put it back down and picked two other cheaper brands.

I found Kai a little later with packets of different coloured ramen and potato chips, “Anything else you want?”

I tilted my head and examined the gathered food. I shook my head then handed Kai the ice cream. He blinked blankly, “Which ones yours?”

I shrugged, “I don’t mind.”

Kai shook his head, “hold this.” He handed me the chips and ramen then took one of the non-melon popsicles. “Meet me at the counter!” he said before heading back to the freezer section.

 He returned with the small tub of cookies and cream ice cream I was about to pick and placed it onto the counter. I watched him as he handed over some money. His eyes flickered to me, “what? Jisu only likes this one.” He explained.

I was sincerely impressed.

 

Kai rustled his hand through the plastic bag as he blindly searched for his melon popsicle. “Do you want me to hold it?” I offered as I took the plastic bag, luckily it wasn’t as heavy as I had expected.

“Ah, thank you.” Kai said as he unpeeled the wrapper of his popsicle. He dropped the rubbish into a bin then gestured for the bag.

“It’s okay, it’s not even heavy.” I insisted.

“Just hand it over,” Kai said taking the bag. “You want yours now?” I assumed he was referring to the ice cream.

I shook my head, “I’m okay.”

Kai smiled, “Fine!”

 

Zelo POV

I trudged around the city with my hood on and my ear pieces planted into my ear—music playing at full volume to drown out my frustration. After a few hours I felt hungry. I checked my watch, 3:00pm. “I might as well stop by the convenience store on the way home,” I murmured under my breath.

I slipped off my hood as I entered the convenience store. “I want ice cream,” I whispered to myself while I strolled through the aisles. I got to the freezer section and skimmed through the different brands and flavours. I laughed. “If Sohee were here she wouldn’t be able to pick—” I paused before I could finish my sentence and gulped down the last few words. “Tch.” I spun around and left the store empty handed and in a fouler mood than when I had entered.

 

“Fine!” I heard a familiar male voice say from across the road. I tilted my head and saw two figures, a girl and boy. I halted and squinted my eyes. I know them…

“Sohee?” I gasped in disbelief, “and… Kai??”

“We should hurry or else Jisu will get annoyed,” I heard Kai say just before he began to quicken his pace.

“W-wait up!!” Sohee yelled as she ran after him.

“Jisu?” I repeated. I pondered on about the name, wondering where I had heard it before. A petite red headed girl came to mind. “That girl?” I said, cringing and sounding more disgusted than I had intended. I exhaled as I watched the two turn a corner, hiding away from my view. “Tch.” I spat. “What the heck?! You just ditch me without saying anything??” I growled, gritting my teeth. I tightened my fist and grasped tightly onto the edge of my sleeves. “Sohee you—” I cursed at the air. Not entirely sure why I was so mad.    

 

Next day…

I leaned forward to the desk in front of me and tapped on my classmate’s shoulder. “Kyungsoo, right?” I said, not completely sure if that was his name.

He turned around and looked at me blankly, “Zelo, right?”

Was he trying to mock me? I nodded awkwardly and tugged the ends of my lips into what I hoped was a friendly-looking smile.

“You can just call me D.O,” D.O explained, a bright smile on his face.

I smiled back, more genuinely this time. “Can I partner up with you for the assignment?” I asked, getting straight to the point. I remembered him saying he was fine doing the assignment individually since the class had an odd number of students.

D.O gave me a puzzled look and tilted his head to the side, “Sure, but aren’t you partnered up with Lee Sohee?” he said pointing at a seat behind me which I assumed was Sohee’s.

“Lee Sohee?” I furrowed my brows and looked at the desk he was pointing at. “I don’t know her.”

D.O’s already large eyes widened, “R-really? I must be mistaken. Sorry.” D.O stuttered, completely confused. “Um, yeah we can be partners, I guess.”

 

 “How’s everyone going with their assignment?” Sunhwa asked her class. The question was followed by a wave of groans and muttering. I bit my lip as she began to approach me. “Choi Junhong, what have you done so far?”

I curled my lips into a grin, flung my hands up in the air and shrugged. “Nothing much, Miss.”

Mrs Hwang gave me a stern look, “not good enough, Junhong.” I frowned as she turned to face Sohee who sat a few seats behind me. “Sohee, I expect you and your partner to work harder.”

Sohee opened to speak, I knew she would make a huge mess out of it so I interrupted her. Also I didn’t want pitiful stares when she announces to the class that she left me. “Miss, we’re not partners anymore.” I interrupted. Sohee pressed her lips together and nodded timidly after the teacher asked if it was true.

“Okay, since it seems no one has done much work I’ll let you have some class time,” Mrs Hwang announced. “But I expect it to be done by next week!” she added firmly.

 

D.O scrambled around as he tried shuffling his seat next to mine. “Uhh…” he murmured as he finally sat down. “Where should we start?”

I pulled out some photos that were wedged between the pages of my notebook. “I took all of these the other day,”

“There’s a lot!” D.O exclaimed in astonishment as I spread them across my desk. He picked up one photo and then picked up another, a quizzed look on his face as he examined each photo.

“I haven’t sorted any of it out so there’s a lot of random ones,” I explained to him as he picked up a photo of my feet with donut socks on.

D.O chuckled, “No, they’re good!”

I began to drift off as he continued to look through the photos.

“These are all of things you like or mean something to you, right?” D.O questioned. I nodded with my chin in my palm and gave a muffled ‘yes.’

 

D.O POV

I stared at the photo in my hand. It was of a girl, long strands of black hair floating behind her as if she was running away.  ‘Yes,’ Zelo’s voice echoed in my head. “So… Sohee does mean something to him?” I murmured under my breath.

Zelo blinked back to life, “What?”

I shook my head, “nothing!” I grinned as I slipped the photo of Sohee into my pocket.

 

 

 

tumblr_inline_mnskdpmC6H1qz4rgp.gifIt's been awhile I know orz I just finished exam week and the drawing for the competition I was talking about in previous chapters. I'm not sick anymore either.. but I ate 300g of steak and a huge bowl full of cake and ice cream the other night and feel pretty bad = = I walked into the school gate the other day too... orz

Anyway. Sorry for the wait and I hoped you enjoyed :P

Also B.A.P's coming back with 3 title tracks piafsjsdlkdsjeowfhi COFFEE SHOP!! > < feeeeeels.. who's your bias btw?