Chapter 4

I Don't Know You

Sohee POV

I tapped my foot impatiently in front of the rest room. “I’m so serious Minhyuk! I need to go NOW!!” I squealed, squirming on the spot.

“Shut up Sohee! Go do you hair or put some make up on like the other girls your age!” My brother yelled from the other side of the door. “I can’t help being constipated!”

“Pabo!” I growled and stomped off into the kitchen. I pulled out a chair and began flicking through an exercise book that lay lifelessly on the breakfast table. The huge blocks of notes in it were written down immaculately in cursive writing. So this is what it’s like to be a university student? A hand suddenly slammed it shut, the crisp pages folding on top of each other. I looked up to find our new flat mate smiling down at me. Suho put down his mug of freshly brewed coffee on top of his note book. He must have just gotten up; his brown hair was flattened on one side and a mess on the other.

“Good morning.”

“Being nosy?” he smiled. I pressed my lips together and let my eyes wander around the room. “Hm? What’s this?” Suho tilted his head to the side and inspected my face a bit closer. “You seem pretty happy?”

“Uh—do I?!” I planted my face between my hands and stared up at him.

“Made a new friend at school I assume?” Suho grinned. Was it that easy to tell? I nodded. Picking up his mug and placing the notebook under his arm, with his free hand Suho messed up my hair. “Keep it like that for today.”

I furrowed my brows, wondering what he meant.

“Your hair, Sohee!” he chuckled, “Keep it out for today.” Suho suggested as he walked back into his room. Minhyuk then popped his head out of the rest room.

“You’re still not ready?!” Minhyuk growled, pulling up his jeans. “If you’re not ready in five minutes you’re walking!!”

 

I brushed my hair down and stared at the reflection in the mirror. Would it be weird if I left it down all of a sudden? I split my hair in half but hesitated to plait it. I moved it back into one hand and tied it up in a high ponytail. The sleek strands of jet black hair tickled my nape as I run outside to meet up with my brother and Suho.

 

Minhyuk got the car to chug to a halt. My stomach churned with my breakfast. “I-I’ll walk next time!” I said as I shut the car door. My brother gave me a displeased look. “Thanks though.” I muttered.

“Bye Sohee! Have fun at school!!” Suho cheered from the front seat.

 

“Sohee?!” Zelo looked at me, slightly confused. “Why’s your hairstyle different today?” He investigated as soon as I took my seat next to him. I suddenly began regretting not plaiting it earlier.

“Is it bad?” I asked, the ponytail. Zelo immediately shook his head, his golden hair fluttering around like the fur on a retriever.

“It just surprised me. You’ve had it in plaits ever since kindergarten,” he beamed.

“Okay class sit down!” said what the students assumed to be the teacher but highly doubted it. A fairly short man in his mid-twenties came in with an afro. The students stared at him, confused as to who he was. The ‘teacher’s’ eyes darted around the room. “What??” he barked, “Hurry up and sit down!” Like magic all the students were in a seat. Zelo tapped my desk and slipped a piece of paper under my hand. My eyes flickered to the paper than to the man up front, because something in my gut told me to keep a good eye on him. I slid the paper onto my lap and flipped it open. In Zelo’s untidy writing it said:

Do you think he’s the teacher?

I looked back up at the man, maybe it’s because he’s a health teacher? I didn’t even think my reasoning made any sense but I still turned to Zelo and nodded. Zelo tilted his head, attempting to absorb my answer. With his head still cocked to one side he smiled childishly at me. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Hey love birds what are you two twittering about?” Somehow the man had made his way from the front and was standing right in front of us. “Did you even hear my introduction?” We shook our heads and he scowled back. “The name’s G-Dragon and I’m your health teacher!”

Now that there were no heads in the way I could clearly see the man and his clothing, and it really made me wonder how I missed it. He was in a suit, like many of the other male teachers but his was brightly patterned in floral prints with matching suit pants. It made him look a bit like a vintage disco guy from the 80’s or 70’s that hopped onto a time machine.

“Fashionista?” I murmured to myself.

“Mr. G-dragon?” Zelo echoed hesitantly. The strange teacher perked up and scowled for the second time.

“Just. G-Dragon.” He said through gritted teeth. “And what’s with this hair?! You look like a delinquent for such a young age” G-dragon smirked as he playfully (or somewhat violently) messed with Zelo’s ‘delinquent’ hair. Zelo brushed down his hair, trying to avoid any further eye contact with the teacher.

 

“Everybody knows that smoking is bad for you and drugs are bad for you but does anyone know why?” G-dragon looked around the room for a single hand, none were up. “Aw c’mon is no one into this stuff?!”

“Are you ‘into this stuff?’” Kai echoed from the back of the room. The teacher cocked his head to the side and slowly started pacing the room.

“Tch! Me? Why would I? If you do drugs or smoking you lose your senses and react slower—” Without knowing the teacher tripped over the uneven waves of carpet with his shoe and fell on his stomach. The class was filled with laugher, students at the back rushed to the front or jumped onto their seats for a better view.

“Wait what just happened?” Tao said lifting his head from his desk, his eyes still half asleep. “W-what did I miss??”

G-dragon quickly jumped back up. “Th-that’s why I DO NOT do drugs!” He announced patting himself clean. “No one ever do such sill things! Y-you’ll be laughed at!” The class continued to laugh.

 

“Now, boys and girls have exterior and internal differences…”

The room had slowly become more and more hot. Even though we had a finely working air conditioner the teacher said it was to ‘adjust to our current environment.’ You could tell how hot it was by looking at G-dragon’s hair. It had started straightening out because of the sweat, and it clung to the sides of his face.

“One of the most noticeable differences is also one of my favourite differences,” the teacher continued. G-dragon placed his hands in front of his chest, curved into bowl-like shapes. “ies.” The ends of his lips curled up higher and higher until they were about to touch his ears. The female students began looking around uncomfortably as the teacher began searching through the class to find the most ‘feminine’ girl in terms of figure.

“Hey sir!” Sungyeol waved his hand around in the air. “What about me?”

G-dragon gave him a confused look. “What about you?”

Sungyeol’s lips curled up as he pretended to examine the room. “I’m pretty sure I have the biggest s here,” he said confidently. The class bursted out in laughter.

“Sungyeol hyung hajima! You’re just embarrassing yourself!” Zelo laughed, his dimples sparking his face.

“What are s?” Chen asked once he finally couldn’t stand waiting to know. All the other male students stared at him in utter disgust.

“Well, they’re what make the world go round!” G-dragon grinned.

“Then…Why don’t guys have them?” Chen questioned.

“I told you I have the biggest in this class!!” Sungyeol announced as he climbed on top of his desk.

G-dragon’s eyes continued wandering the class in search of a ‘true girl’ representative. Once the teacher’s eyes came my way Zelo shot up and dumped his jumper in front of me.

“Hey you’re ruining the fun!!” whinged G-Dragon, stomping his feet. I looked up at Zelo, dazed for a moment.

“Sorry, I know it is hot Sohee,” he whispered as he sat back down, “just for now…” Zelo pointed at his jumper and requested I put it on. The teacher pouted in disappointment as I obediently slipped Zelo’s jumper over my head.

 

ZELO POV

I looked over to my side to Sohee. She looked dazed, slightly bored. The sunlight from outside the window slipped past her and framed her face in its soft light. I felt a smile creep up my face as I watched her slowly doze off. She can keep concentrated during maths but never health. I laughed softly into my palm as her head would bob up in down, conflicted on whether to stay awake or take a nap. This is the only reason why I let you take the window seat, Sohee. Continuously she was tugging on the sleeves of my sweater. Her eyes would flicker from the sleeves to the front of the class. Sohee always seems to blink on and off, from class to her own dreamland and I’m pretty sure I’m the only one who knows about it.

Sohee, I don't think you remember, but you always seem to listen to me. Even when you wouldn't listen to your brother, if I repeated, you would do it. And now, because of that, here I am, being greedy and wanting to keep you to myself. Forcing you to wear a stupid sweater in this heat because of my jealousy.

I turned away and looked back up at the board. I rested my chin in my palm, though it didn't rest my mind. Every now and then I had to glimpse at Sohee to check she was still wearing my jumper and to the teacher to make sure he wasn't looking at her. Obediantly, through the whole class she kept it on without complaint.  

 

Sohee POV

As soon as we were out of view from the health teacher I immediately took off Zelo’s jumper. I breathed heavily, sweat staining my face. An hour in a hot room with a jumper on and a crazy health teacher is the worst ever lesson possible. Zelo patted my face with the sleeve of his jumper, damping of the sweat. He smiled sweetly at me. “Sorry,” he laughed, “I didn’t think you’d actually wear it for the rest of the lesson.”

I pouted. “You could’ve told me and I wouldn’t have had to go through that,” I sighed, wiping my forehead.

Zelo smiled. “Thank you.”

“For what?” I brushed my fingers through my fringe to let the light breeze freshen my face.

“Nothing.” Zelo said as he began walking to the shade of a tree with his hands behind his back.

“Tell me?!” I moaned as I chased after him.

 

Tirelessly everyone copied down notes that would magically appear on the board. They were rubbed away as quickly as they appeared.

“Hurry up,” Sunhwa hissed with her arms crossed. Rumours say that her husband, Kwanghee, brought up the topic of another female teacher during their date; so that’s why she is doubly as harsh today.

Half an hour through class there was a knock on the door. Miss Hwang opened the door to be greeted by the hip hop club’s main dancer, Moon Jongup. The girls suddenly sat up in their seats and began batting their long false lashes at him. Jongup lifted a hand, looking towards the back of the room. I flipped around, it was to Jisu. She poked out her tongue. What was their relationship? I began wondering.

“What brings you here today?” Sunhwa asked flirtatiously at the younger boy.

“Uh—” Jongup looked around the room and pointed beside me, to Zelo. “We have club practice… um so Zelo needs to come,” he explained shyly. Zelo got up from his seat and slipped his books into his bag.

“I’ll see you later Sohee!” Zelo called before he left. Just as they left I locked eyes with Jongup but he pretended to have noticed and walked off.

There was rummaging in the back of the class as soon as Zelo and Jongup had left. The class was suddenly filled with the chitter chattering of female students at the sight of the club’s main dancer. A pile of books suddenly topped where Zelo was sitting a moment ago. Jisu smiled brightly at me.

“I was waiting for him to leave!” she grinned cheekily as she neatened the piles of books on her desk.

“Yeah,” I laughed. From the corner of my eye I noticed Kai pouting at the empty seat next to him, where Jisu was sitting.

“Hey you still have me!” Luhan beamed, nudging Kai.

“Shut up.” Kai muttered, crossing his arms on his desk.

 

 I counted the years on my fingers. “About eleven years?” I recounted in my head, “yup! It’s been about eleven years since I’ve known Zelo.”

“Ah is that so?” Jisu nodded, “So you were four when you met him?” she said after a moment of thought.

“I’m pretty sure?”

“That’s a long time,” she laughed. “Real long!” I gazed at her for a while. “What?” Jisu said as soon as I noticed I had stared a moment too long.

“Uh—” My mouth gaped open but nothing came out. “Well… umm… How about you and Jongup?? How long have you known each other?” I stuttered.

Jisu looked a bit shocked before she could answer, “Hmm… about the same, eleven-ish years. You know he’s weaker than he looks!”

So they do know each other… “How about you and Kai?” I asked after I had remembered Jisu bringing him up in our conversation yesterday.

Jisu gave me a disgusted look. “I don’t know,” she moped “Maybe ten or nine years? REALLY I wish I never had.”

“So you know a lot of guys?” I furrowed my brows and began wondering how she could make so many friends.

Jisu smiled. “I don’t have any close friends though, so I’m pretty jealous about your relationship with Zelo.”

I bit into a piece of bread and my voice came out muffled. “Ahsh rieawy? Itsh nosh mucsh”

“What?” Jisu chuckled. I struggled to choke down the dry bread.

“Mmmf!!” I shook my head as the bread refused to go down.

“Ah okay, take your time!” Jisu giggled.

 

 

Third Person POV

While walking to the studio Jongup stopped. After noticing there were no crunching of leaves behind him, Zelo also stopped and turned around. “Something wrong hyung?” Jongup was about five meters behind him and looked puzzled.

“Uh—” Jongup took a step forward. “How close are you with Lee Sohee?”

Zelo dropped his smile and scrunched up his face. “Since when did you care?” he chuckled bitterly. A light breeze passed them. Jongup’s fawn brown hair tickled his face as the breeze washed Zelo’s pure blonde hair behind him. Jongup shrugged and continued walking; rain began to drizzle as he let Zelo postpone the answer.

 

 

SK reporting! whutup.

4th chapter yaa~y! about GD's character... err... I don't mean to ruffle any feathers, let's just say I was " inspired " by his hairstyle in 'michi go.' I like GD though! Don't get me wrong///// i should just stop.

how was it? enjoying? :P No drawing for today hahaha~ I'm working on a piece for a competition o u o

the one afer that will probably be Kai for Hero.

 

Oh! There's this nice international BABYz (B.A.P fans) PROJECT