You Belong With Me - Breaking Him

You Belong With *ME*

TOP's POV

I got out of my shower feeling refresh and relaxed and my headache finally gone. I had decided to go to see Bom early so I called Taeyang and told him he didn't have to come pick me up. As I was walking closer to her dorm room, I could hear her talking. God I had missed her voice.

"Chaerin, I'm engaged..." the minute I heard those words, my body froze. My eyes widened. What the hell is she talking about? I should have stayed there, I should have stayed and knocked on the door to see what was going on.

But I just couldn't. My feet started to move on their own. Before I knew it, I was half way down the hall way, running as fast as I could to wherever my legs would take me.

~~~

For the next few days, everything went by too slow. Jiyong had told me that Bom was going to the States for school, for college, and also personal reasons.

Personal reasons? What personal reasons could she have to go half way across the planet? If it's about her being engaged-No, I don't even know if she's even engaged.

Bom tried contacting me, but I ignored her. I knew where this was gonna go. She would call me and I would click ignore. She would text me and I would delete it. She would come to my room and knock and I wouldn't answer.

Why was I doing this to myself, to her? I didn't even know the reason myself.

 

~~~

 

I walked out of history laughing at something Seungri had said, and when I turned my head to the side, I saw a very angry looking Bom. My smile instantly froze along with my eyes widening. Craaaap, I knew she would find me eventually but it was still surprising.

"YAH! CHOI SEUNGHYUN, YOU FRICKING ALIEN!!!!!!" She said storming her way over my way, yelling louder than I had ever seen her yell. I panicked, looking around for people or somewhere to hide but there was no one in sight and we were in a hallway!

Before I knew it, she was in front of me, luckily today she wasn't wearing heels. I didn't look at her, I turned my head.

"What?" I said coldly. Even hearing myself say something so cold to my girlfriend who I loved more than ice cream scared the crap out of me. What was I doing? I looked at her through the corner of my eye; she looked shocked and then anger took over.

She gripped my chin, forcing me to look at her.

"I really need to talk to you. Why do you keep avoiding me? You won't even answer your god damn fricking of a phone!" My breathe got stuck in the middle of my throat. She doesn't swear this much. Sure, she says some of the weirdest things ever but swearing? That's more like my thing. But it broke my heart to see her like this. Because she was like this, cause of me.

I gulped. She had let go at this point but I couldn't look away from her.

"I-I....uh...." Speechless. I was fricking speechless.

Bom had turned her head, arms crossed and her hair hid her face from me but as I mumbled she looked up at me and I so wanted to just hug her at that point. Tears had begun to form in her eyes.

"I'm leaving, Tabi. I'm going away. Don't you even care?" Her voice sounded so broken, so... fragile it caused my heart to skip a beat. I gently put my hand under her chin, making her look at me. Her eyes were diverted to the side but there were still tears in her eyes..

"Of course I care, Park Bom. What type of messed up question is that?" I said jokingly, trying to break a smile onto her face.

It didn't work.

I sighed, wiping away a tear that had somehow escaped. "But Bom, I heard you talking with Chaerin. I know." Her eyes bunched up in confusion, a bit open. "Whaaat?"

God, she was really making this harder on me, isn't she? I sighed again, this time turning away because I didn't have the heart to look into her doll like eyes. "I know you're engaged."

"What? What!" Bom exclaimed, her eyes wide as saucers. Of course she would be shocked. I wasn't supposed to know. I just happened to be there at the wrong time, wrong place.

"I-I don't think... that we should do this anymore, Bom. Not if you're fricking engaged!" I paused shortly, taking one step away from her. "I don't think I can that. I mentally and physically just can't. My heart would hurt to much. It would hurt to much to know that my girl was half way around the world, and I wasn't even with her. I can't do it. I can't be the other guy. You know me! I hate it even if a guy talks to you! Even if he's a teacher. Y-you're engaged... To be married. How am I suppose to just 'be ok' with that? I just can't. WE can't. I'm sorry." I said, backing away from her.

"Seunghyun..." she said, her hand reaching for me, I stepped back again. I need to leave. I need to get out. I can't stay at this school anymore.

"I'm sorry." I barely whispered before breaking out into a full out sprint, my own tears running down my tears. I didn't even know where I was going, just running, getting away from the girl that I needed to let go.

Park Bom.

 

 

 

----------------------

 

 

It had been a couple days since then. I haven't left my room in two or three days. All I've been doing is lay in my bed, contemplaying whether or not I did the right thing. Should I have let her go? Why did I let her go? Why didn't I fight for her?

I had made up my mind. No, this isn't how it's supposed to be. I'm going to get her back.

Just as I had pulled my jacket on, my phone began to buzz like crazy. I answered it when I noticed it had said Daesung on it. Before I could even say hi, he was already talking.

"Did you know Bom left?"

"What the are you talking about?" I said with my teeth gritting against each other. Here I was, about to go and get her back and this idiot tells me she left? What the . He hesitated.

"ing speak up, Daesung!" I yelled when he hadn't my question. 

"Hyung, she's gone. She left this morning. If anything, she's probably half way across the ocean to America by now." I closed my eyes. This can not be happening to me.

"Fine, whatever. Bye." I said, my voice showing no emotion, before hanging up and taking out the battery so no one could call me. I threw my jacket across the room and grabbed the nearest pot and throwing that to the wall. I was just so angry, angry with Daesung for telling me, angry with Bom for leaving, but most of all, angry at myself.

Because it's all my fault she left.