Fears

Tiny Paws
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key was startled awake by a loud, crashing sound. Within moments, he was done on the floor, curling into a small ball. If there was anything that he had always been scared in his life when out on the streets, it was the light flash that would illuminate everything, paired with a loud clap of thunder.

He knew what humans called the latter because once he had seen a small storm on the TV and he had heard the people describe the sound as thunder or something like that.

Although, the honest truth was that despite how now he had a way to call the thing that had frightened him to the core, the thin, cat-eared boy's fear hadn't changed one bit. Actually, he was even more scared now that he knew that even humans could be scared of such things, humans, that were much bigger than him in his cat-form, and had a home to run too.

Sure, now he had a home as well, but that home was far away.

And to get there, the white feline should have gone through the storm, which he really didn't want to do.

"Hey, what's wrong?" A gentle coo and hands on his shoulders shook Key out of his frightened state for a few moments, making him turn and blink at Jonghyun slowly.

"Thu..." He started shakily, voice unsure and scared. He wanted to tell Jonghyun why he was so scared because deep down he wished that the human would be able to just make the storm disappear."n... der." 

"Oh, you're scared? I should have known, Roo is gone, too. Don't worry, Key. The storm can't get you..." Jonghyun effortlessly picked the boy off the floor and petted his hair gently, smiling a little when those fuzzy cat-ears twitched a little and the softest of purrs escaped Key."It really can't. It's surely loud and ugly, but it's not that strong. Just some wind and rain."

"Wind...rain?" Kibum asked curiously, trying to copy the way Jonghyun had said the words."Wind, rain, thunder?"

"No, not exactly, but the storm mainly consists of that. Wind, which is air, I guess, and rain, which is water. And the clouds I guess." Jonghyun explained it readily, happy that he had managed to distract the cat a bit. The rain was loud, hitting the windows with each little drop and lighting struck again, but the cat only flinched as he was still trying to understand everything that he had been told.

"Rain, water." Key mumbled, more to himself than to Jonghyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter