*Episode 9

High school Life [EDITING]

 

*Sherry POV*

 

“Sherry.” Yongguk said.

“What.” I replied while crossing my arms. I’ve seriously had too much contact with them in the past few days.

“What’s wrong with you?” He asked.

“Why on Earth do you care?” I asked.

“My best friend is dating yours.” He said with a shrug.

“And that matters why?” I queried.

“Your friend is my friend too.” He answered.

I scoffed, mumbling ‘whatever’ as I tried to walk past him, but he grabbed my wrist to stop me.

“Please.” He asked, and I saw his face soften. “Just tell me.”

“Why?”I questioned as I pulled my hand back. “You’re not a counsellor, why do I have to tell you?”

“I know I’m not a counsellor,” He said with a small smile, “but I know you want someone to listen to everything you want to say.”

“I don’t even know you.” I said.

“You can get to know me,” He offered. “I won’t tell anyone, I promise.”

“Thank-you for the offer, but no.” I politely decline and start to walk away. Yongguk quickly caught up to me and I decide to ignore him.

“So, I hear Junhong’s been following you around.” He stated as I continue to ignore him.

“Oh come on, we aren’t that bad.” He tried to reason with me.

“Am I supposed to believe that?” I asked with a scoff.

“When have we searched for any trouble?” Yongguk asked.

“I don’t care about you guys enough to pay attention.” I said while rolling my eyes.

“Why do you hate us so much?” He asked.

“I’ve already told you.” I answered.

“I don’t believe you.” He said with a sigh.

“Well, that’s your choice.” I said.

“Why are you so uptight?” He asked with a frown.

“Because I don’t care about you or your groups feelings.” I answered honestly.

“Can’t you pretend to be nice?” He asked. “Even if it’s just for Hana.”

“I don’t want to be someone I’m not.” I told him.

“I pity Hana.” He admitted. “I pity her for having such a selfish friend.”

“Wanting to be myself doesn’t make me selfish.” I explain. “But I don’t mean to come off as mean.”

“Then why can’t you just pretend?” He asked.

“Why are you trying to force me?” I exclaimed.

“Because!” He yelled, making me jump slightly. “She’s scared that she’s going to lose you, and seeing her like that makes Daehyun worry, and seeing my friend worried makes me upset!”

We stood in silence for a moment before he spoke up.

“Sorry.” He apologized. “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“Whatever.” I said, looking down.

“Let’s sit down.” He said calmly.

“No.” I decline. “I have to go.” As I start to walk away, he calls out to me, making me stop.

“Can I talk to you after school?” He asked. I think about it for a moment before nodding and walking away.

What neither of them knew was that someone was watching their whole conversation.

 

*Zelo POV*

“Why does Yongguk want to talk to Sherry?” I ask myself. I keep thinking, and thinking, and when I can’t find any logical answer; I decide that I’ll follow them after school.

 

***

 

The bell rings, and I wait for Sherry to leave before me, making it easier for me to follow her. I watch her walk towards the park next to the school, where Yongguk is sitting on a bench waiting for her.

“So?” She asked.

“I want to know why you hate us.” He said.

“I don’t want to tell you.” She said, folding her arms.

“You’re so stubborn!” He said with a chuckle.

“It’s just because I don’t trust you.” She clarified.

“I promised and I’ll promise again,” He said. “I won’t tell anyone.”

“Fine.” She said with a sigh. She told him about how naïve she used to be, she told him about almost being and about how no one believed her.

Yongguk reached over and embraced her in a comforting brotherly hug.

“We aren’t like that.” He said.

“I just have trust issues.” She said, sniffling a little bit.

“I know, and it’s okay,” He assured. “But you don’t have to push your best friend away. She loves you.”

“Thank-you Sunbaenim.” She said as he released the hug.

“Call me oppa, okay?” He said and she nodded. “Come on, I’ll take you home.”

I watched them walk off and realised that I was clenching my fists.

Why am I so mad?


Edited: 29th of August, 2015