Thrice the Trouble

3 Ways [Hiatus]

fell a slit open as she stared at herself before her clone suddenly turned. A kind of rushed panic expressed itself on her clone’s face before she creased her brows and all of a sudden Chorong was tackled back by a rush of wind. It hit her so hard that her back nearly cracked as she plundered against the wall.

Chorong helplessly fell face forward and opened her eyes with a moan before her clone lightl kicked her. A burst of helpless anger flew through her and Chorong couldn’t hold back the bitter smile on her lips. She…just just kicked herself.

Ugh…the irony of the moment was too much for her to handle.

When she tried to get up everything suddenly became blank.

She could hear her voice and someone pacing back and forth through the room. At first she was confused why she was hearing herself. Perhaps this was some kind of wild dream that jumped from realm to realm. That had to be it; that had to be why she was confused.

Chorong felt her head loll forward and her head cleared somewhat before those footsteps became more visible to her ears. No, she was definitely not alone. Was something weird going on again? Had she been tapped out of her body?

Cramming her eyes shut she shook her head lightly before opening them. Two pairs of feet appeared in front of her before she realized she was just seeing doubles of her own feet. Feeling ultimately stupid she forced her consciousness back in order to regain herself.

It didn’t take long to recall trekking up the crest hill before getting warped into tiny sized gnomes. Then oh yes, she was back in her own home where something was supposedly going on. A sigh fell through her lips and she wished she should have been knocked out longer. She really didn’t want to deal with this.

“I don’t know, Victoria! Forget the investigator!” Her clone shouted flustered. “I need you to come home! Something weird happened! I think I’m seeing myself!”

“Well duh,” Chorong hissed silently, “you’re weird too. And you dare call me ugly.”

“Fine, hurry up! Find Namjoo too, wherever the hell she is.” Her clone muttered.

There was an angry puff of frustration when her clone shifted around. Chorong immediately dropped her head and shut her eyes for pretension of still being knocked out. Unable to help, but grow nervous as her clone neared she hoped that her other self wouldn’t notice she was awake.

“Don’t tell me this is a clone,” the clone mumbled before taking a handful of her hair, “her hair is so dry. What shampoo does she use?”

The clone made noises of irritation and what Chorong thought was disgust before she finally walked out of the room. Once the door closed Chorong raised her head in disbelief at how irritable her clone was.

“That ,” Chorong name-called then turned her head to the side and frowned, “does that make me a ?”

Shaking her head flustered she puckered her lips.

“No, I am definitely not a , she is the ,” Chorong declared to make herself feel better before she realized she couldn’t move.

Upon peering down she realized her arms were bound to her sides with a rope she didn’t know they had and her ankles were bound together.

Blowing some air onto her face she bit her lower lip wondering if things could just get any worse. Chorong shook herself around uselessly before wondering if she might burn herself if she chose to heat her hand up. Her time to think ran out when she heard a car down the street.

Twisting her head around shocked and surprised she immediately rubbed her hand against the rope around her wishing for it to quickly burn. A half minute went by before she decided her escape was progressing too slowly.

A grunt flushed out of when she half-jumped and landed against the ground. A heavy sigh fell from her lips at why she must do this before struggling to get onto her knees without the help of her hands. It was probably the most strenuous exercise she’d done the whole year and she swore she would never do it again.

Once on her knees she hooked her chin onto her bed in order to lull her body up so that she could stand on her feet. The struggle was another long struggle and she almost dropped her balance a few times. If she fell back on the ground she might be trapped in the room and even be exterminated by herself later.

Now that was the last thing she need on her list. If Namjoo and Victoria returned to find a provocative Chorong as their sister…Chorong just wanted to laugh if she ever had to explain that to them.

She swore that she was so not like that.

Chorong wanted to laugh at herself when strange noises emanated through her lips while she struggled to get up. Finally onto her feet she hopped around before using wind to push one of her drawers out. It hurt when she had to angle her arm to reach for it, but it didn’t matter as long as she grabbed the pair of scissors in it.

With the scissors in hand she started to cut free the rope around her, chewing on her bottom lip as she worked her way through. She only had to thank the fact that the rope wasn’t too thick or hard to cut or else she’d be seriously doomed. Once the pieces of cut rope dropped to her feet she reached down to undo the one around her ankles.

Finally free she ran toward the door, swung it open, and slowly tip toed out. Why she had to act so discreetly in her own house made her feel stupid. The sarcasm of it all made her helplessly annoyed.

As she neared the stairs voices floated up.

“Are you sure she’s your clone?” Victoria’s voice entered her ears.

Chorong felt her heart race wondering if her sisters had returned and leaned nearer to the railing. It didn’t take her long to spot her older sister in a short skirt, but with hints of dark makeup on her face. At once her jaw dropped and she immediately backed away.

Victoria…that Victoria was not her sister. She had never known Victoria to be…a punk nor had she seen Victoria wear such…badass makeup. It only made her wonder what Namjoo was.

Those three sisters were not definitely them.

A snorkish laugh dropped out of when she slid into her grandma’s bedroom and shook her head in denial. Nothing had ever gone so crazy that even she had to face herself now.

What she worried about next was a way to escape. Instinct told her that this Victoria was even worse than her Victoria.

Chorong’s eyes swung over the bookshelves wildly before she spotted the window. Hadn’t alternate personality Suho jumped out of that window before?

With a frown creasing over her eye she walked toward the easy slideup window and glanced outside. Yes, it was definitely daylight out which meant they’d speant the night in gnomeland…if that made any sense at all. Chorong was afraid she might not even be able to keep up with her world.

Without wasting a moment she pushed the window up and stuck her head outside. Questions about what to do next entered her mind before she lightly slapped herself.

“We,” she decided, “I mean I will think about that as soon as I get out of here.”

She readied to stick her foot out and shut her eyes with the realization that she was doing this; escaping from herself. A laugh spilled out of her lips uncontrollably.

“Never has that sounded so hilarious,” Chorong sarcastically tilted her head up toward the clear blue sky. “Running away from myself has never been so literally said.”

There was a sigh and she hung her head low. She couldn’t believe any of this, she just couldn’t. This…she was really dumbfounded and speechless with the clones.

“Here goes, don’t break an ankle Chorong,” she mumbled to herself before jumping down.

She landed onto the grass with a grunt and rolled onto her back before staring up at the open window. If she had her instincts right on, clone Chorong and Victoria would soon be on the lookout for her. With no knowledge about the extent of their powers Chorong was confronting herself dangerously.

She bitterly laughed again.

“Yes, I should confront myself about my many problems, but definitely not like this,” Chorong rose up before darting down the street.

>_____<;;

Their balance became unsteady when they arrived in their home and the fog slowly cleared out. They were at the top of the staircase, the lights were off, and a run of clear sunlight filtered in through the window in the sitting room. If Namjoo recalled, their grandma had been really frugal about conserving energy.

“No, that is not what I said,” she recognized their grandma emphasize weight into her tone of voice.

She was about to make a debate. Grandma always spoke in that tone when she wanted to make her end of the string the correct one. She was a stubborn woman hard to get through.

“No, mom, you stay out of my life!” Their mother argued. “You don’t even know him! How can you jump to conclusions like that? You embarrassed me!”

“You don’t even know what you’re doing with your life! You alreay have two kids and you’re talking about marriage again?! Dear, you’re crazy! I am not going to let another man into this house!”

“This is my house, mom! And he is my boyfriend! I am going to marry him!”

“Oh, for God’s sakes! Han Sook, think about your life for once, think about your girls! Do they really need this? Do you really need to do this!?” Their Grandma asked.

“Yes! Because I love him, I love him, I love him!” Their mother screamed instensely before something suddenly blew up and crashed onto the ground.

Both Victoria and Namjoo’s jaws dropped before they rushed toward the railing, leaning over it to see what had happened. A ceramic vase from China was now on the ground shattered to pieces, the flowers that had been freshly placed inside dead on the ground.

Immense anger stood apparent within their mother’s young expression as she stared her mother down. She looked fearless and just as stubborn as her mother.

With a sudden wave of grandma’s arm, the vase pieced itself back together and returned back to where it was before; on the night stand, the flowers sitting perfectly inside. Both sisters’ jaws further widened at the power in disbelief. It was as if they’d just seen a real life movie in rewind.

The power…the extent of their power was simply amazing.

Grandma intook a deep breath to steady herself before starting calmly, “Listen to me; I know you’re hurt, but you’re just seeking comfort from the arms of a man who may not love you the way you love him. Leave him; you’re just going to get hurt. Take some time to think about it. You don’t need another man in your life; you’re just going to create a wound you can’t bandage. As your mother, it hurts to see you in pain like this. Please, please give it up.”

There was a moment of silence overtaken by a heavy atmosphere. Guilt, apologies that weren’t yet muttered, and sadness swarmed the empty household. Even Victoria and Namjoo became deathly silent with their breathing from the second floor.

“I can’t,” their mother cried, “mom, I’m pregnant.”

Namjoo and Victoria’s jaws further dropped before they flinched when a loud boom blasted throughout the entire house. When they reopened their eyes, Grandma was staring at their mother with an even set of wide eyes.

One of the wooden frames dropped onto the ground and a chair by the dining room fell alongside its missing leg. They were the last noises heard before the teardrops from their mother sounded and grandma heaved another deep breath.

“You’re…what?” Her voice squeaked in shock.

“You want me to say it again?”

Namjoo barely chuckled at the moment having found some humor in it before Victoria slapped her arm.

“You know what makes it hard, mom? That I feel so lonely because no one wants to be near me or with me because I do weird things!” Their mother shouted frustrated.

“This!” She shouted throwing her arm out at magazines stacked onto the table in the sitting room, blowing them to the floor with wind that came out of nowhere.

“This!” She continued this time aiming for the chair on the floor, icing it up until it was completely frozen.

“And this and this and this!”

A light bulb blew up, the flowers in the vase flew out, water overflowed out of the vase, and vines closed up the entryway to the sitting room.

“What is this mom!? I don’t want any of these! Ever since high school I’ve been shunned because of these weird happenings! I’m not like you! I’m not you!” Their mother shouted frantically. “I want a normal life! I don’t want my girls to feel humiliated; like they can’t be a part of society. I want them to live normal, so that they can love normally and do what other people can.

“And you’re getting angry because I want something you never had? Can’t you be reasonable with a sense of realism? Powers don’t exist, not like this! We’re living in the 21st century. There are no demons, no monters, no evil, and no powers!”

There was an overwhelming sigh from grandma again before she waved a hand out, clearing the mess her daughter had made.

“What do you want to do?” Grandma questioned. “Why can’t you see that what you have is a gift that no one on this planet has? What your daughters will inherit is not humiliation, but strength and a reason to live and fight for. Why can’t you raise you raise them not to judge themselves by how others judge them?”

Taking a step forward she took her daughter’s arms so that she would look at her with belief and that their eyes would meet for a level of understanding.

“Love is everywhere, can’t you see that?”

Their mother cried before grandma hugged her. Victoria and Namjoo watched, moved by the sight before they heard a door open behind them. Confusion slurred through their minds at having assumed that no one else was home.

“Who are you?” Four year old Victoria questioned after rubbing her eyes that still sung of sleep.

Victoria and Namjoo’s jaws further dropped again, this time till it reached the floor. 


***LOLOLOL @ the part xDD I'm having more fun with Chorong's conflict than anything else right now xDD Lets see just how clone Namjoo is next!

***WHOO! Their grandma is a badass! Victoria and Namjoo are going to be in super duper trouble if they ever have to face her! 

***Oh, and if you've forgotten, in CH. 2 I mentioned that there was a conflict between their mother and grandma; this is it, exactly what Vic & Namjoo witnessed: the argument whilst the use of power goes boom boom boom all over the house. In hence, grandma took away their mother's power planting it into them, which means the power they inherited at birth + their mother's power makes them beyond average powerful.