Anger & Begging

3 Ways [Hiatus]

“You…met Namjoo yesterday?” Victoria deepened her voice. “When was this?”

Chanyeol stared at her strangely before awkwardly replying, “In the after…noon.”

Squinting her eye she watched Chanyeol fly in from the front doorstep never minding the car parked outside. Chanyeol flipped over once in the air before flopping against the floor face first.

“What the did you say to my sister!?” Victoria screamed pivoting around to face him while slamming the door behind her.

One of the doors opened upstairs and Chorong immediately rushed down the stairs shouting, “What’s happening?!”

Chorong stopped midway down the stairs and slightly panted before spotting Chanyeol lying on the ground.

“What’s…what’s going on?”

“Ask this little dip what he said to Namjoo!” Victoria screamed, her eyes still on Chanyeol.

Chorong let out a shout when Chanyeol tried to get up, but Victoria flung his hand back down with the force of her eyes bringing him back down.

“Victoria!” Chorong hopped down the rest of the stairs before running over to her. “Calm down! Don’t! You can’t, don’t do this to him.”

Victoria felt Chorong try to turn her away, but she resisted.

“Let me make myself clear with him first, he needs to know who he’s messing with,” Victoria growled.

“Victoria! Please!” Chorong cried hugging her sister desperately trying to twist her away from Chanyeol. “Please don’t! I know you’re angry, but please don’t. I can’t lose you too, please don’t make trouble.”

The anger surging through her forced tears to form in her eyes before she finally turned away and bit her bottom lip. She could hear Chanyeol in pain as he pushed himself up confused about what just happened.

It turned out neither her or Chorong had breakfast. They sat in the living room where Victoria refused to look at him. After Chorong explained to Chanyeol that Namjoo was in a coma Victoria hated that shocked expression on his face. She almost wanted to attack him again, but if it weren’t for Chorong she would have torn his limbs off. He had been another one of those who she believed had hurt Namjoo and whatever had gone down between them yesterday, she didn’t want to know. For if she did, she might end up harming him.

“Are you sure you don’t want to come to the hospital?” Chorong asked a few minutes later.

“No, I’m stopping by the police station,” Victoria answered without turning to look back as she walked out of the house.

>_____<;;

“Did I…do something wrong?” Chanyeol wondered stepping onto the front porch.

“Did you?” Chorong asked looking up at him as she closed the door behind her.

She watched him shoot her a glance, but said no more. Chorong suddenly wondered what he’d said to Namjoo before the accident yesterday.

“There are a lot factors behind why Victoria’s angry,” Chorong answered starting down the steps. “I’ll just advise you that you probably don’t want to deal with her evil side. She’s still after the guy who left Namjoo on the road. If I were him, I’d hope the police have me behind bars first.”

“You’re…kidding, right?” Chanyeol asked after her.

“After what she did to you this morning, it’d be an insult to say that.”

“What…what happened this morning?” Chanyeol asked lost.

Chorong suddenly paused and waved her hand, “Forget what I just said.”

She had just reached the sidewalk when the car across the street caught her eye. Chorong suddenly felt this surprisingly strong wave of annoyance surge through her.

Turning to Chanyeol she asked, “Do you want me to drive you to the hospital or are you going in your car?”

“I…I think I’ll use my car,” he stuttered.

“I’m not that scary,” Chorong remarked and watched him laugh light heartedly, “but good decision.”

She watched him get into his car and drive off before she glimpsed around for sight of anyone. It was technically to her advantage that they lived in a quiet neighborhood. Chorong would definitely make the best of this.

Patting her legs with her hands she started toward the car humming a melody to herself. Stepping in front of the car with dark tinted windows she knocked her fist against the glass. The window scrolled down a second later and Chorong smiled first since it was manners she’d learned from her mother.

“Couldn’t help, but notice how interesting your car looked,” Chorong commented. “Been noticing your car outside my house lately.”

“Oh yea? You one of the sisters in that house?” Lee Dongsun asked.

Chorong’s eyes darted to the camera on his lap and smiled when she returned her eyes to him.

“You a photographer or something?”

He laughed amused by her question and Chorong purposely laughed louder on purpose before tightening her grip on the car. If she had the power of light she had the power of electricity and she could do bad, bad things with electricity like cut circuits or create fire. Chorong’s current intention was nothing, but bad and a mix of evil right now.

“Can I see what pictures you’ve taken?” Chorong gestured her head toward the camera.

“Sorry, lady, but it’s work matters,” he replied.

“Fraid’ not,” Chorong moved her eyes and felt a huge gust of wind swerve through the car before the camera flew up into her hand.

“H…hey!” he shouted before she quickly turned away.

“I think your engine is burning up from the heat,” Chorong turned the camera on to see a picture of Chanyeol flying in the air and Victoria standing in sight. Lee Dongsun was currently scrambling from his seat to the front of his car.

She let out a snort before taking out the memory card and opened the ledge to let out the batteries. As the batteries landed on the ground she could smell an air of smoke coming from the hood of his car.

“Nice pictures you have here,” Chorong clutched the memory card into her palm and tossed the camera onto the driver’s seat. “Oh yea, we don’t have an engineer on our block, so might want to hurry up and call your car service for help. Good luck, Mr. Photographer.”

Chorong turned around to walk toward her car and pulled out before speeding off.

“er,” she muttered underneath her breath. “I’ll do an even worse job if I see you next time around.”

>_____<;;

Changmin had burned the photos Victoria didn’t take from him last evening. There was no more use for them.

After Victoria’s frantic visit to the police station yesterday he’d contemplated about visiting Namjoo in the hospital. It was Namjoo who, after all, gave him hints in approaching Victoria. He decided the least he could do for her was look for the person who’d ran her over – he owed her after all.

He was just about setting down to work re-watching all those street cameras. If he could get a good glimpse of the license plate and what type of car the person had been driving, he might be able to narrow down his searches. Just as he was getting up to head toward the studio room, Victoria walked into the office.

She didn’t look very happy or well rested. There was anger all over her face and Changmin could see that she was uptight about something. He didn’t expect her to share it with him though.

“Have you found him?” Victoria asked stopping him.

Changmin paused in his posture with his just off his chair and his knees slightly bent before clearing his throat and straightening himself.

“I was just getting started on it,” Changmin replied.

“The second you find him, you have to let me know,” Victoria’s low voice hissed determined.

“Victoria,” Changmin called.

“No, I’m going to give that jerk a piece of my mind,” Victoria continued, “my sister is in a coma because of him and I will not give it up until I see the person who did this to my sister. Do you hear me? If you do not do as I tell you to, I will come after you, you got that?”

Changmin glanced at Victoria and watched her eyes glare at him before she turned around to walk out. Sometimes, he thought, she was really scary.

>_____<;;

Chanyeol was standing in the inner hallway of the ICU staring through the glass window when Chorong arrived. There was this forlorn expression on his face that made her feel sorry for him. He and Namjoo had apart for quite a while. She could only imagine how he was feeling seeing her this way.

“It’s sad, right?” Chorong asked walking over to him. “She was well and alive one moment, and the next…she’s here.”

“Namjoo told me, she wanted to break up,” Chanyeol spoke. “I still can’t understand why. Is it because of that person? Namjoo said there was a person really important to her.”

“Yea,” Chorong quietly replied. “He is really important to her.”

“Can’t you tell me…about what’s going on?” Chanyeol asked.

Chorong felt her eyes glue themselves onto Namjoo’s sleeping face and wanted to cry for her sister’s sake. She wanted to cry for the Namjoo who hadn’t been able to express herself with tears for fear of burdening them. She wanted to bawl in the stead of Namjoo and take all her heartache away, so that she might just happily smile once more.

“I didn’t lie when I said Namjoo was under a lot of emotional stress,” Chorong began, “she didn’t cry when she wanted and put on a face. My sister doesn’t deserve this. When the time comes and Namjoo is ready...she will tell her story.”

“Can I…go in to see her?” Chanyeol questioned.

>_____<;;

He was nervous, a little scared, and tense. After getting permission from the doctor he was allowed in. The heart monitor beeped noisily every second as he stood there by the door just staring at the person he most cared for. Namjoo really did look as normal as every other time he saw her asleep.

For once, there was no strain on her face. She was as peaceful as could be. Chanyeol hesitated before he neared her and took the chair at her bedside.

“Hi,” he greeted, “Namjoo.”

The beeping of the heart monitor greeted him in reply and the air freshener puffed out an air of clean air before all silenced again. Namjoo didn’t move as he wished she would, but continue lying there in her deep sleep.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized, “I know I went overboard yesterday. Wake up so you can listen to me. Hmm?”

Chanyeol slowly reached a hand forward to grab hers. It was warmer than he’d expected, which told him nothing but the fact that she was alive.

“I’m sorry, for saying those things about him,” Chanyeol continued, “when you wake up, I promise I’ll wait for you to tell me what you’ve been meaning to. I will wait until you’re ready. You know, I love you, right?”

And Namjoo continue lying there without responding to him. It made his heart sting.

>_____<;;

Chorong turned when she recognized Victoria’s footsteps.

“How is she?” Victoria immediately asked.

“Still asleep,” Chorong replied.

“What is he doing in there?” Victoria questioned upset when she spotted Chanyeol sitting inside with Namjoo.

“It’s ok, Victoria,” Chorong coaxed. “I was thinking…Namjoo’s powers failed beforehand, didn’t they?”

“So, what about it?” Victoria shook her head.

“Just listen to me,” Chorong half begged, “I know you’re angry, but you have to focus here. Namjoo couldn’t tap into her powers because her emotions were haywire. She was distraught between crying for Luhan and trying to uplift herself for us.”

“What do you mean?”

“Namjoo heard us fighting,” Chorong pointed out. “And she was attacked while eavesdropping. Namjoo didn’t want to talk to us because she thought she would be a burden and she didn’t want to show how much it hurt; because she worried we would worry. But she hurt too much and she couldn’t take it. So when this happened she no longer wants to wake up. It makes sense doesn’t it?”

“What are you talking about?” Victoria asked contradicting her. “No, it’s not because of us. Namjoo put on a face because he said something to her. It’s because that jerk entered her life again and abandoned her again. If it wasn’t for the fact that he once died for her, Namjoo wouldn’t have hurt. She wouldn’t have cared! Curiosity wouldn’t have brought her this far! Their destiny to being soul mates wouldn’t have screwed up and Chanyeol would have never appeared! It’s his fault for coming here!”

Chorong felt her lips drop apart shocked by Victoria’s theory. Her older sister was too much in rage, but Chorong didn’t know what she believed anymore.

Yes, because of Luhan’s appearance Namjoo had been struck by curiosity which had led to nothing but her trip to the past. And ever since that, nothing had looked bright for her.

So…what was really wrong?

“Is Namjoo,” Chorong felt her heart sink even lower, “waiting for him?”

Victoria turned away angry at the mention of the guardian angel.

“He can’t come back here, you know that,” Victoria uttered gritting her teeth.

Chorong turned to look up when Victoria turned to walk away. Her heart broke in many more pieces when she realized Victoria was even more upset that this all had happened.

How much longer would she and Victoria continue to move on like this? Another day with Namjoo like this already sounded too much. They would fight continuously until either one of them was handed the baton to victory. But Chorong didn’t want to be right and she didn’t want Victoria to be right either.

“Namjoo,” Chorong cried, “please come back.”

>_____<;;

Victoria stomped into the empty chapel on the first floor of the hospital and walked down the aisle covered in a mahogany carpet furious. There was a tall cross hanging on the brick wall with a podium up front, but that wasn’t where Victoria stopped. Her footsteps stopped in front of the stage near a statue of the Mary. Her eyes sighted an angel on the stained glass in front of her and felt her anger pour out.

“Do you hear me?!” Victoria raised her voice grounding her feet into the floor. “Give him back here! Bring him back to my sister! Because how dare you, Luhan! How dare you come back in this lifetime and ruin everything my sister had! Because if it weren’t for you, Namjoo would be alive and well! She’d be standing here, arguing, fighting, and laughing with us! My sister loved you! Loved you so much that her emotions traveled over centuries pushing her into an edge of loneliness! Do you know that!?”

Victoria stared at the angel on the stained glass and the sun rays bouncing off it, but no one answered.

“And seeing you again brought her so much pain! Why did you leave her! What right do you have to make her like this and abandon her like this!? Namjoo loved you, goddammit! I told you Chorong and I would fight for your right to stay! I said it and I swore on it! How dare you leave my sister like this! Bring your back here and give me my sister back! Wake her back up because if you don’t, I will kill myself and come after you!”

Victoria felt her shoulders shake and her chest throb before the tears fell relentlessly. It hurt so much.

“My sisters and I are good people. What have we done to deserve this? You’ve taken my mom and my grandma already. Please spare my sister. I beg you.”

Victoria heard herself sobbing before she slid down onto her knees lowering her head.