Devil in Disguise

3 Ways [Hiatus]

 

>_____<;;

Chanyeol waited patiently downstairs in front of the door before Victoria came down just a few seconds later.

“It’s fine, why don’t you go up?” Victoria told.

He nodded with a small smile before he made his way up the stairs. Chorong who was just exiting the room stopped to glance at him somewhat wearily before walking by. When he opened the door Namjoo was sitting in bed looking pale, but good. A smile overran his face glad to see her.

“I heard you were running a fever last night,” he said closing the door and made his way over to sit on the bed. “Are you feeling better?”

“It’s gone.” She replied. “What are you doing here?”

He didn’t say anything for quite a few seconds before he finally smiled gently. “I just wanted to see you.”

The way she looked at him made him feel that something was amiss, but she wasn’t speaking about it.

“I miss you,” he said running his hand through her hair.

Namjoo pressed her lips together to give him a small smile. It made his heart flutter, but couldn’t assure him of her feelings for him. And that was something he worried about.

“How’s your search for yourself going?”

“Not well.”

He glanced at her hands before moving them back to her face. “You still think of me sometimes, don’t you?”

“Chanyeol,” Namjoo said, “do you believe in reincarnation?”

“It’s…possible,” he nodded.

Namjoo looked unsure before continuing, “If I tell you that we were once married, would you believe it?”

Chanyeol stared at her somewhat dumbfounded, but the thought about marrying Namjoo sounded just right. He didn’t have anyone else in mind for the position of his wife.

“Yea,” he smiled.

“Even so, if it takes a while for me to come back, what will you do?”

Chanyeol grew worried. Namjoo was hiding something from him, he could feel it. It was just her way to be like this, always. But he couldn’t break through that wall. What if he fought so hard that Namjoo ended up turning away to never return?

“You know I love you, I love you a lot.”

She nodded in reply and he grabbed onto her face before giving her a few kisses, and it felt so good to have her lips in his. His heart raced when he felt their noses brush and he didn’t want to stop at all. For a second he pulled her toward him and felt their chests brush before he pulled back. The heat of her breath landed against his lips and he smiled while staring into her eyes.

“I’ll wait. I can always wait for you,” he shifted his hands from her face to her back and pressed her against him for a secure hug.

And Namjoo seeking for some kind of warmth and comfort wrapped her arms around him before digging her face into his shoulder.

>_____<;;

“Should I go with you?” Chorong asked in the kitchen. “I should go with you in case. Officer Park did try to kill you the first time you met.”

“It’ll be fine. You stay here with Namjoo.”

“He didn’t kill you the second time because that’d be suspicious,” Chorong pointed out. “Luhan will watch over Namjoo.” Then she paused and asked, “Do you think he’s watching her now?”

“I’m pretty sure he’s well aware of Chanyeol even if he says nothing about it,” Victoria opinionated.

“I feel kind of sorry for him,” Chorong said. “I’ll go with you.”

“Chorong…”

“I think Namjoo also needs some time alone, whether with Luhan or not,” Chorong told.

“So you’re rooting for the angel,” Victoria asked in a low mutter.

“I’m about 50/50,” Chorong explained. “Whatever Namjoo wants, you should believe in her too.”

“I didn’t say anything just yet,” Victoria stated. “After we see Chanyeol out, lets go.”

“Fine with me,” Chorong shrugged her shoulders before walking out with her toast.  

>_____<;;

While Chorong saw Chanyeol out Victoria headed upstairs.

“Chorong and I will be out,” Victoria told when she opened Namjoo’s bedroom door.

“To where?”

“Police station, we’ll be back in a bit.”

“For what?”

“To look for Officer Park. Stay in, and don’t go anywhere,” Victoria said. She almost backed out of the room, but poked her head in again. “Namjoo…”

Victoria almost wanted to tell her about the things Luhan had told her, but hesitated. In the end all she said was, “Rest well.”

Chorong was waiting for her by the front door.

“Lets go get this over with,” Victoria said grabbing her keys.

“I’m thinking we should come up with a backup plan,” Chorong opinionated when they were on the road.

“Backup plan?”

“What if the guy gets what he wants and turns his back on us at the last moment,” Chorong suggested.

“Of course, that guy can’t be trusted,” Victoria agreed. “Lets talk to Officer Park first before we formulate the Plan B. But when we get there, you’re going to need to be my lookout again.”

Chorong almost asked ‘Why’ before she suddenly laughed.

“It’d really be something if you ran into each other there,” she said a second after. “Lets just hope he’s not there.”

Victoria groaned underneath her breath before she pulled into the parking lot. She really didn’t want to go into the police department right now, but there was no other choice. They had to look for Officer Park no matter the circumstance.

“Stay in front of me,” Victoria whispered pulling Chorong to the front.

Chorong snorted, “You think I can block you when you’re so tall?”

“Just do it,” Victoria tightened her grip on her arm.

Chorong shook her head before they entered the building and made their way down the hallway. Victoria was extra cautious to keep her lookout and turned every which way whenever she heard footsteps. A few seconds later they stopped by the local offices and Chorong leaned around the corner to peek in. Victoria heard papers rustling and pens going at it on the desktops. The phone rang a few times before someone finally answered.

“Don’t see the crime investigator,” Chorong turned back to her. “Lets go in.”

Victoria looked around again and saw that Changmin’s desk was empty before relaxing.

They walked up to a desk and Victoria asked, “Is Officer Park in?”

“Oh yes, how can I help you?” the middle aged officer looked up enthusiastically.

“Tell him Victoria Song is here to see him.”

He nodded and picked up his phone.

“Why isn’t it a surprise to have you back here?” a voice boomed from around the corner a split second later.

The two turned to see stubby Officer Park standing in the hallway they’d just come from. Victoria felt her brow deepen on her face when she finally set eyes on him and immediately felt dislike for him.

“We need to talk,” Victoria said.

“Sure we do,” he smiled somewhat mischievously. “Follow me.”

Chorong shot Victoria a suspicious glance before they followed him down the hall and into a private room. Officer Park invited them in to sit and soon claimed the seat across them after closing the door. It was a meeting room with a circular table and some schedules pasted on the walls. It was the mini version of a kindergarten classroom, but barer and less friendly.

“I’m taking it that you’ve reconsidered my offer?” he asked.

“What do you want?” Victoria asked, her unhappy eyes burning into him.

“Well…for us to work together.”

“No, I mean what is it you’re after. What does my mom’s killer have that you want?”

“Lets just say it’s a very important box.”

Victoria narrowed her eyes. “Be more specific.”

Officer Park slightly glared at her before saying, “It’s a box that has a mythical dragon sealed. I need the dragon to restore my full powers. As of right now,” he flexed his hands, “I only have this.”

They watched an orb of water with some electrified molecules form in the palm of his hand. Chorong almost stood from her seat at the surprise of it.

“And it’s not strong enough for me,” Officer Park turned to look at them and made the orb dissolve. “So I will help you if you will help me.”

“And what do you want your powers for? To kill?” Chorong asked.

Officer Park chuckled, “I work in a police station, dear.”

“People kill nonetheless,” Victoria spat, “spill it or we’re not helping you.”

Officer Park gritted his teeth brought to a dead end. “You think without me you girls can find your mother’s killer? If I’m correct, you’re at a dead end right now and that’s why you’re here.” He stood and pressed a hand against the table. “I’m right, aren’t I?”

Victoria stared into his taunting eyes with a glare.

Officer Park chuckled amused and turned around. Sticking his hands into his pockets he began pacing. “Because I want to take over the underworld. You see, only the strongest can. Currently, it would’ve been my throne if my powers hadn’t been taken. So I help you, and you help me. Deal or no deal?”

Victoria and Chorong stared at him for a long time. About 5 minutes later they strolled out of the room after giving their word.

“I have a very bad feeling about this,” Chorong whispered to Victoria. “He’s the fricken devil, for god’s sake!”

“I know,” Victoria acknowledged very worried now. “We won’t let him open the box no matter what. Lets think some way about it after filling Namjoo in. Maybe Luhan will know something that can help us.”

“Victoria?”

The two sisters halted in their steps midway down the hall before turning. Changmin was just exiting some kind of private room that only employees were allowed to enter. Victoria felt her heart ram itself up into and her earlier worry about Officer Park disappeared. She stared at Changmin wide eyed before grabbing Chorong’s arm to pull her along.

“Lets go, lets go, lets go,” Victoria repeated underneath her breath.

“Victoria, wait!”

She could hear his loud footsteps bringing him closer. The front doors were just in front of them. If they walked faster they would be able to escape, but Changmin’s long legs allowed him to beat them there. Blocking her only escape he gasped for a few deep breaths.

“Hey,” he said. “Can I…have a word with you?”

“I can’t, I’m busy,” Victoria turned her face away to avoid eye contact. She would go insane if their eyes met. She felt too shameful, too embarrassed.

“5 minutes, I’m busy too,” Changmin said.

Chorong glanced at him before nudging Victoria. Victoria made a face and slightly shoved Chorong in protest.

“Make that two,” Chorong told. “I’ll be in the car.”

She tried slipping out of Victoria’s hold, but Victoria refused to let her and tightened her hold on her. After a moment of struggle Chorong finally escaped and slipped out the doors behind Changmin.

Victoria swore she’d kill her sister later.

Turning her eyes toward the ground she gulped.

Changmin led her over to a secluded corner in the building. He was still clutching onto that thin binder he’d walked out with.

“I’m…sorry about the other night,” he apologized. “I should’ve been more careful.”

Victoria shot him a quick glance before looking away and wondered if she was pushing all the guilt to his side. Still, she chose not to say anything.

“I think…you’re a nice person,” he said. “If you don’t mind, I’d still like to help you find your mother’s killer.”

Victoria pressed her lips together unable to bring herself forward to say anything. She was pretty sure she was making the atmosphere more awkward than should be. Honestly she kind of wanted to slap herself.

“Then…since you’re busy, if you ever need anything, you don’t have to hesitate to call,” Changmin said. “I’ll be going now.”

He took a step to the side and slightly hesitated before finally walking off. When he was halfway down the hall Victoria finally turned around to see him go.

>_____<;;

After Victoria left, Namjoo turned her back to the door and closed her eyes. She was just drifting off into a slumber when she heard something crash downstairs. Her eyes opened in alarm and she immediately twisted around to look at the door. Flinging the covers off she walked toward it and quietly pulled the door open. Male voices were hushing each other when she poked her head out and she felt her heart race.

Who was it that was downstairs?

“Go check upstairs.” She heard someone order.

Quickly shutting the door and locking it she sat against the wall. Streams of worry and fear coursed through her mind. She couldn’t make any noise. What if they tried to hurt her? Worst yet, what if they found her hiding upstairs?

Namjoo’s eyes raced around her room and she crawled toward the phone sitting on her bedside table. Unlocking it she quickly sent her sisters a quick text before someone jiggled the doorknob from outside. Her heart sank and in panic she dropped her phone. It clattered noisily against the polished wooden floor and everything quickly became deadly silent. Namjoo even held her breath.

“I think someone’s upstairs!”

Namjoo’s eyes darted toward the door. Paralyzed from fear she couldn’t bring herself to move from her spot. She needed to escape, but where to? She could climb out the window like she used to, but how much time would she have before they broke down the door? What if these people had weapons?

Fire…

She had fire…but what if she killed one of them like how she’d killed the Prince?

Namjoo felt fear engulf her totally before the doorknob jiggled again and she heard voices whispering and swearing outside. Her head shot up when the door suddenly flung open. Four men came into view. They looked scrubby with their beards and the jeans jacket they were all sporting.

One of the men had long hair that surpassed his shoulders which he kept tied back with a thick hair tie. The other one of them was wearing a sports cap with the logo Nissan and the other two had their hairs trimmed military style. There were grins of mischief on their face when all their eyes landed on her.

Namjoo’s voice caught itself in when the men turned to laugh to each other. 


***So they now have a pact with Officer Park and Victoria just fished out more guilt after making herself seem like the only victim of the one night stand huhu~

***Now lets see if Namjoo will ever go back to Chanyeol

***I need to start fishing Suho back into the story