Wrong Moves

3 Ways [Hiatus]

 

“This way,” she was led into a private investigation room by a woman in uniform an hour later.

It was a small yellow box with a table and two chairs.

“Take a seat and Officer Park will be with you.”

The door closed and Victoria widened her eyes in annoyance before pulling a chair out, but before she could sit down the door opened and she turned around to watch a stubby man in a casual suit lock the door after him.

“Victoria Song?” he asked.

“Yes, that’s me,” she replied.

“Please take a seat.”

She swore if none of them got to the point right away she toss a chair at someone. Victoria walked around the table after assuming he’d take the one by the door, which was her chair from earlier, and sat down.

He placed a tan folder before him, “I have here that you went to Seoul High School with Ma Ho Jun?”

“Yes, I did.”

“What was your relationship with him?”

“We were casual friends.” Victoria replied. “But we rarely contacted each other after graduation, so I don’t know what he did, if he went to college or not.”

“About crest hill, that’s where your mother was found?”

She slightly frowned, “Excuse me?”

“About crest hill, was that were your mother was found?”

“I don’t think that’s what we’re supposed to be talking about here, if your investigation is over I would like to leave,” Victoria said angrily before scooting back her chair.

When she got up he said, “So you’re interested in your mother’s killer?”

Victoria halted in her steps and immediately turned to him. “What do you want?”

“I can help you avenge her,” he got up.

Victoria glared into his eyes before whispering, “Screw you.”

She took a step forward only to find gravity lift her up before pinning her against the wall. It happened so fast she got confused and only realized the situation after she felt a hand lock itself around .

“Oh yes, screw me indeed,” he laughed demonically and tightened his grip around cutting off her air.

Victoria grabbed onto his wrist with her hands fighting for a way out. She whimpered and felt her eyes search the room before she saw the pen sitting on the table. If she could just get that to fly…

Struggling for a hold of her failing concentration she squinted her eyes and watched the pen fly up before it immediately stabbed the Officer in the back. Victoria fell down with sickly coughs and felt for . She listened to the Officer squirm and shout out of pain before he pulled the pen out. Realizing it wasn’t time to be dilly dallying trying to catch her breath she sought for the best way out.

Eyeing the table and with a slight turn of her head she watch it fly up against him pushing him to the ground. He wasn’t a damn Officer, she realized, he was someone who was out to kill her and her sisters.

“Catch her!” the Officer screamed when she unlocked and open the door.

Victoria watched all the uniformed men in the room turn to look at her. Well it served her right for not planning anything before her escape. The other policemen frowned at her and tried to get a glimpse of what had happened inside the room before she panicked. Slamming the door shut she turned and leaned against it.

“Who the hell are you?” she demanded.

The man laughed as he got up to his feet and with a wave of his hand her feet was off the ground and she was pinned against the wall. Her head was forced to turn and she glared at him through the corner of her eye.

“I’ve never tasted a woman before,” he his thumb, “but one with a gem should be tastier.”

She was right, he was after the gem, and if she couldn’t figure out anything fast she’d probably die in that room with some kind of lie to cover the truth. Victoria felt her mind pull her into a state of frustrated panic, before she calmed her breathing and told herself she could escape. There was definitely an escape route for her.

Victoria shut her eyes completely. She begged for her power to work with her. When she reopened them she squinted again and watched the man fly back against the wall.

“Great! It worked!” she applauded herself.

She quickly turned to the look at the chair before forcing it to fly against the man repeatedly until she fell down from the wall. Stomping over she grabbed the chair and slammed it across his face knocking him out from the impact.

“That oughta learn ya, jerk,” Victoria muttered before walking out of the room and closed the door after her. “I’m so out of here!”

As soon as she started walking out she was brought to a stop when she spotted Chorong follow a police officer into the bustling room. She felt drop open before calling out, “Chorong!”

Before sitting down Chorong turned to look over at her and felt her jaw drop, “Victoria!? What are you doing here!?”

“You know her?” the officer asked Chorong.

Victoria walked over confused. “What’s going on? What happened to your face, your arms…” Victoria ran her eyes over Chorong, “you!”

“Are you done here?” the officer asked. “If so, I’d like to speak with her.”

“Oh…” Victoria couldn’t withhold her frown before glancing at Chorong, “I’ll be outside.”

If something had happened to Chorong, something could have happened to Namjoo too. Worried, Victoria pulled out her phone to call Namjoo, but she wasn’t answering. So she tried the home phone, but no one was picking up as well…unless something had already happened.

>_____<;;

Namjoo was prepared to spend another relaxed day home. No one else seemed to be in the house with her after Chorong and Victoria left. She thanked God for that. Namjoo was lying around in her room when her phone rang. Chanyeol was calling. She hesitated about whether to answer or not, but decided the least she could do was take the call.

“Lets talk,” he began.

“Aren’t we talking here?”

“No, I want to see you.” A moment of silence passed. “Your place or mine?”

Namjoo bit her tongue and looked around. The last thing she wanted was for one of her sisters to walk in on her and Chanyeol.

“Give me a moment, I’ll be there.” she told before hanging up.

What did he want with her this time? She could sense another argument flying in the air when she stepped out.

Chanyeol opened the door immediately after she rang the doorbell. She shot him a glance before walking into the apartment. “You don’t work today?”

“No, that’s why I called.” He followed her.

Namjoo set her bag aside and turned around to sit on the arm of the couch. “And?”

“Are you sure you want to turn our relationship back into ‘just friends?’”

Namjoo looked up at him before turning away. Standing up she lightly scratched her ear before turning around to face him. “Chanyeol…”

“Fine,” he cut her off, “I thought about it the whole night, but I don’t want to be just friends.”

She lightly frowned, a little surprised and taken aback. The last thing she had expected from him was for him to agree with her when he’d been at odds with her decisions the past two years.

“I want to be friends with benefits.”

Namjoo was really mind blown at his suggestion. “What?”

“Why? You think that’s absurd when being ‘just friends’ isn’t absurd itself?”

“Hold on,” Namjoo felt her eyes widen.

“I’d rather still be able to touch you than not at all,” Chanyeol stepped toward her, “I don’t care if there are no strings attached on your side. You won’t have anything to do with me anyway.”

Namjoo felt her mind swirl into a mass of confusion. She felt his hand over her face before their lips touched.

She slightly pulled away, “Wait…I don’t know. I don’t think this is a good idea…”

“Better than bad,” he placed a swirl of kisses she couldn’t escape from on her lips.

Namjoo felt him pull her close before he started lifting her shirt halfway up her body. Her mind was screaming no, that this was a very bad, bad, bad idea, but her heart was already in a flurry and her body was already acting up.

The spell immediately wore off when her phone began ringing and she opened her eyes minutes later. Their clothes were already a heap on the floor and Namjoo could feel her heart sinking, but she couldn’t help enjoying the kisses on her neck and the hands running over her body.

“Wait…my phone…” Namjoo held him back. “I think one of my sisters is calling.”

“Can’t that wait?” he asked.

Namjoo felt guilt swarm into her when he kissed her and moved down the side of her face before resting his head beside her neck. She could feel his warm breath pounce off her skin while hugging her from above. What did she just get herself into?

Half an hour later when he’d dozed off, Namjoo climbed off the bed and pulled one of his large t-shirts over her body. She stood in front of the window she’d opened in the living room appealing to the cool breeze flying in. Too lost in thought she didn’t realize he’d gotten up before she felt him hug her from behind covering them both in the blanket they’d slept in.

“Are you trying to teach me a lesson?” Namjoo asked.

“Whatever you think.” He shrugged.

“Friends with benefits don’t work when there are emotions involved,” Namjoo told.

“Mine or yours?”

She closed her eyes and sighed. She was in a helpless situation no matter what angle she looked at it from. Yes, she definitely wanted him, but she couldn’t deal with all these overwhelming emotions of romance swarming around them when a piece of her wasn’t there with her. Namjoo found it hard to accept it, him, them.

“Do you believe in angels?” Namjoo questioned. “Magical beings, spirits, and just magic?”

“Why not?” he sounded sincere and rested his head by hers.

“You’re not just saying that?”

“Why can’t the impossible become the possible?” Chanyeol asked. “There are fairies, dragons, trolls, and monsters.”

Namjoo helplessly snorted in amusement before she suddenly recalled the series of phone calls earlier. Victoria or Chorong or whichever sister had been calling her would kill her when she went back home.

“I have to go,” she pulled away from him and grabbed her bundle of clothes on the floor before walking to the bathroom to change.

>_____<;;

“Can you explain to me what happened?” Officer Lee asked with pen and pencil ready to take notes as if Chorong was the teacher and he the student.

“Uh…well…it was just an…we were just having a dispute,” Chorong lied. It wasn’t like she could tell him the truth.

“A dispute…” he repeated in a tone that told her he didn’t believe her an inch at all. “About what?”

“About…uh…about morals.” Chorong weakly muttered. She was making herself look worse by the second. It was any day now that she might actually get locked up in a hospital.

“Then can you tell me if there were any weapons used?” the officer asked.

“W…why?”

He eyed her before explaining, “There were burn marks on her, in other words, she was electrified.”

Chorong’s mouth dropped open in horrid shock.

“Miss Park?”

“Oh…I don’t know…I mean…no. There were no weapons involved,” she shook her head furiously.   

He eyed her suspiciously before asking some other questions before she was let off. As soon as she was down the hallway out of his sight she started running for the doors. Her heart was jumping in absolute joy of relief when she saw that Victoria hadn’t left her behind.

“How’d it go?” Victoria asked.

Chorong grabbed her arm before dragging her the rest of the way into the parking lot.

“What, what, what!?” Victoria asked.

“Where’s your car?” Chorong asked.

“Over there,” Victoria pointed to the visitor section of the lot before Chorong dragged her toward it. “What the hell’s wrong with you?”

Victoria unlocked the door and they both climbed in before Chorong turned to her. “Oh my god, Victoria! I think I almost killed someone!”

“What?” Victoria frowned. “What are you talking about? Slow down. Tell me why you were in there in the first place…no, wait, start off with how you got those stitches on you.”

Chorong gargled from the back of and ran a hand up through her hair while trying to recall the chain of events. “Well first I was wondering why I was there in the first place and was thinking about quitting, then I went to the principal’s office, she attacked me, some monster took her over and tried to take my gem, and I got so scared and angry I attacked her and flew out of the window. End of story. Oh, and I electrified her.”

Chorong made sure to emphasize the word electrified with her lips.

“Attacked…you were attacked at school,” Victoria concluded then rolled her eyes out of exasperation, “well as if being attacked inside the police department wasn’t a public place enough.”

“You got…attacked too?”

Victoria raised her brow while starting the car, “But I didn’t electrify anyone.” Then muttered, “I don’t know if stabbing is a worse issue.”

“You stabbed!?” Chorong screamed.

“Quiet down,” Victoria hushed, “try not to look suspicious while I’m driving us out of here.”

Chorong stiffened up in her seat and pulled the seatbelt over her. “I feel like we’re committing awfully huge crimes by hurting other people with our powers.”

“We’re already a crime for being alive,” Victoria mumbled. “Call Namjoo. She hasn’t been picking up my calls. For all we know she could have already been attacked and is lying somewhere unconscious.”

“Oh god…” Chorong muttered before pulling out her phone. She called and listened to the ringtone before turning to her sister. “She’s not picking up.”

“Call again until she does.”

“Namjoo!!” they shouted minutes later when they arrived back at the house.

“Go look upstairs,” Victoria ordered.

Chorong quickly nodded before running up the stairs while Victoria searched all the rooms on the lower level. Chorong was running back toward her when Victoria walked out of the kitchen.

“Nothing?”

“Nothing.”

Chorong heaved a worried sigh. “Do you think anything happened to her?”

“Oh how the heck would I know that?” Victoria asked.

“She could be with Chanyeol.”

“No, I don’t think so. For all I know they’re in the middle of a war. Remember she wants to be friends, he not,” Victoria reminded.    

“Then what the heck do we do?” Chorong wondered. “She could have been mugged in some alley for all we know.”

Victoria narrowed her eyes at her then asked, “You think if we call for her guardian angel, he would come?”

Chorong frowned, “I thought he only appears to her?”

“Who knows if we don’t try?” Victoria then tilted her head up. “Luhan! Luhan!”

Chorong watched her try for a minute and when nothing appeared Victoria grunted. She crossed her arms and said, “He only appears to her.”

Victoria rolled her eyes before the front door opened and the two of them rushed toward it to see a guilty faced Namjoo taking her shoes off.

“Where have you been!?” Victoria raised her voice before Chorong nudged her.

Silence filled the manor when Victoria’s eyes settled on the light love marks on Namjoo’s neck that she was embarrassingly trying to cover up with the collar of her shirt. 


***Hahahahaaha! Both Chorong and Victoria end up at the police station and run into each other there xD And troublemaker Namjoo gets herself into her own mess. 

***So here are things I've got things planned out: Victoria will lead on the investigation to finding out who was behind their mother's death, and that's where she gets entangled with Changmin (huhu I've got some fun coming up for them, but you prolly won't see things for them till chapter 20 something). Chorong goes on a journey to discover herself and becomes friends with the friendly Suho, but will have trouble loving again bc of the incident with Woohyun. Namjoo's past life comes back to haunt her and she will need to solve the puzzle about who Luhan is to her in order to move back to Chanyeol. 

***Well, here's my freebie update since I will have to refrain myself from updating tomorrow ;A;