Locked in Time

3 Ways [Hiatus]

 

A loud scream climbed out of before Changmin turned around calmly, unaware of what had just happened to Victoria.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

Victoria felt her eyes scurry around to catch anything that could be there, but it was too dark and she could feel her heart pulsating faster.

“No one’s home, there’s not even a car here…” Changmin’s voice carried on into her ears, but her brain refused to transmit any information.

No one was there. Lee Shin Il was gone and there was nothing to be done about it. They had come too late. Either he had really gone to Tokyo or someone else had gotten to him, Victoria was unsure why she suspected the last part.

Then Victoria heard it again…in dozens. That whispery laughing, but she couldn’t fight if she couldn’t see them and if there wasn’t anything around to hurt them with.

“Lets get out of here,” Victoria rushed to her feet and climbed back into the car trying to keep her calm in front of the crime investigator. The last thing she wanted was to let him see what she could do. 

Changmin frowned at her before following.

>_____<;;

The presence in the house slowly appeared from the walls as if he had risen from it. He didn’t have to take the stairs. His quiet wings flew up him the silky wooden stairs illuminating the light Victoria had left on. His royal blue robe drifted over his tiny feet while making his flight to the short hallway at the top.

Upon his turn the last door tremored for him and he immediately made his way toward it. As he closed in on the door it quietly swept open. When the door caked open he was slowly revealed the sleeping woman on the bed warmly tucked underneath her blanket, tilted on her side. The light that glowed from her bedside left warmth on her peaceful face. Tilting his head up he peered at the dream catcher above the bed. A light blue spark shone in the room when he flung his long fingers out dismantling the weak shield it had come with.

His feet touched the soft carpet when he gently landed without a noise. Slightly tilting his head to the side he observed this dreamer’s face. This dreamer’s dreams were among the strongest with the most powerful emotions connected to her heart. He would feed off the energy. The source of attraction that had brought him there was none other than this dreamer.

After this one he would have his barrier up in the house and all inhabitants would be prisoned in this dreamer’s dream. This would give him the most food to feed on. The perfect strategy.

>_____<;;

When Namjoo woke up she was still lying on her side. Most of the time she would have shifted onto her back in the middle of the night, but it didn’t seem the case that morning. Why had the sun risen so quickly when she’d slept just an hour ago?

While turning onto her back she felt her body freeze when her eyes met with the soft yellow ceiling overhead. Her eyes swam in circles before she pulled herself up and saw long white socks covering her feet before she saw the end of a pink dress. Reaching her hand up she felt for her pajamas and realized she wasn’t in them. This was a hanbok…a hanbok!!

Namjoo almost screamed out of insanity. Turning over on all fours she glanced at the old walls of the room she was sleeping in and started moving backward style off the futon. Wherever she was, she had no plan to stay long. Immediately getting up she let out a soft shout when she bumped into a weak table. Turning she saw a sketched portrait of her and none other than a happy Chanyeol, who had his long hair knotted into a bun at the top of his head, hanging on the wall.

“Oh no…no, no, no…” she muttered and immediately swerved around the room to see other portraits of birds perched on trees, a tiger standing at the edge of a cliff, and others hanging around the room. “What the hell…”

And then Namjoo heard it; a voice calling out. Walking out of the room she pushed the traditional two doors open and stepped out to discover herself standing in a really small house. There was a shack connected to it, a dirt yard with a table out front, and wooden gates that marked the property theirs. The tiny door across from her opened and an old woman with gray hair swirled into a neat bun at the back of her head came out. She was dressed in old clothing that seemed to have been worn for well over a year. The color of the pale yellow cloth had faded making it look sickly yellow. Her cheeks sagged a little and she looked like an unhappy camper.

“Ah…you’re up already? Go out and look for Hyunseung and bring him home. Lunch is almost ready,” she was short and a little stubby. Her legs made her body rock back and forth like a little duckling when she walked. Namjoo stared at her stupefied and watched as she opened the door to the little shack. “What are you waiting for? Go on.”

“Oh…” Namjoo turned and walked out of the home before stumbling across a dirt path engraved between tall grass that leaned over to the side lazily.

Who the heck was Hyungseung? How was she supposed to find him?

Namjoo continued walking forward confused, the deepest frown on her face. Was this a dream? What the heck was going on? How did she end up here…her dreams in the Joseon Dynasty weren’t peaceful ones…just what was this?   

The voices of children laughing stopped her and she spotted children playing in the dirty lake up ahead. Her brow arched even more when she saw other kids sitting on the land in front of it quietly chatting or playing some games she’d never seen before. One of the little boys who couldn’t be older than 5 stood up from where he was bending over and smiled brightly, and Namjoo thought she recognized that smile.

“Mom!” he cutely shouted before waving.

She watched him turn to his little friends and said something before running toward her in his little blue outfit. He was so small Namjoo felt her heart melt when he neared her.

“Mom, I won the games today!” he proudly grabbed her hand before she naturally turned around and they started back to the house.

“Oh…” was all Namjoo was able to manage. She was lost, dumbfounded, and very, very confused.

A kid…she was mom to a kid! What the heck…how was this happening?

“Mom, is dad home yet? I saw three frogs by the lake. He said he’ll catch them with me if I ever saw them!” he ranted on while Namjoo stiffly remained quiet.

While her hands remained loose his tightened around hers as he skipped along. Namjoo wasn’t sure how she felt about being called ‘mom’ by who was her own son. She couldn’t get over the mere fact that she had a kid!!

“Ah! Dad!” he shouted and let go of her hand when they turned around the bend.

His little footsteps made her heart race before she looked up toward the gate and saw him. He was just as she knew. Tall and handsome. The smile on his face was one she’d seen just a while ago on their son’s.

“How’s my little boy?!” Chanyeol asked scooping their son up into his strong arms and when he turned to look at her he smiled. Namjoo’s heart started racing faster than ever.

Was this really her body?

>_____<;;

Chorong woke up when she heard knocking on the door. The first thing she noticed was the ache in her back before she realized she was sleeping with her cheek glued to a smooth red table.

“Ugh…” she moaned and sat up while pounding her shoulder with a fist. “Who is it?”

Sleepily getting up she immediately dismissed the strange contents of her room before her hand missed the knob where it should have been and her fingertips scratched the rough paper of the door.

“Ow!” she shouted before her eyes opened and the door flew open.

“Young Miss! What are you doing!?” a woman dressed in bright hues walked in and slightly pushed her back before walking in. She stopped by the bed in the corner with a silk pillow and cloth hanging overhead lightly scolding, “Why haven’t you changed into the dress I left for you two hours ago?” 

Chorong’s eyes searched this woman’s delicate face with soft white powder and her red lips. She was not Victoria or Namjoo. She was someone she’d never seen before. Alas, Chorong spun around to look at her extremely large room. The three paper windows of her room had been left open allowing a breeze to coolly drift in. Her eyes ran over the circular table in the middle of the room and to the highly decorated dressers in the room in which she recognized belonged to the rich in traditional dramas.

Where was she? What the heck was going on? Her mind spun in furious panic, but she couldn’t figure anything out unless she got this woman out. When Chorong zoned back to the world, she realized the woman was still going on about how she wasn’t prepared for blah blah blah…

“Ok, ok, I’ll change into the dress or whatever,” Chorong rushed her words before the woman turned to look at her wide eyed. She gulped wondering if she’d said something wrong.

“Whatever?” the woman repeated devastated. “Since when did you speak like that? Please calm your language, your parents are not going to be pleased.”

Chorong felt her irritation rise before she threw her hands out by her side and immediately clamped them up into tiny fists.

“Ok,” Chorong let out a loud deep breath, “ok. I will change into this dress…” she paused to think, “two hours ago, so while I do so, why don’t you wait outside?”

“Let me help you. It’s going to be difficult…”

She was annoying and Chorong decided she hated her at once. The way she spoke was not one language she could tolerate.

Calling out her best smile Chorong bared her teeth before saying, “I will call you if I need help.”

“As you order,” the woman bowed before elegantly walked out closing the doors after her.

Chorong’s eyes flung open before she turned around and started pacing as if it would help ease her. She immediately need to know what situation she was in and what was going on, but to her luck no one was around to help her. Where were Victoria and Namjoo!? Why was she having one of these Joseon Dynasty dreams when only Namjoo had them!?

“Ok, ok. First calm down,” Chorong talked to herself.

“Miss?” the doors flew open and Chorong immediately flung around to see the same woman poking her head in.

Chorong’s eyes immediately flung toward the locks, but she didn’t see any. Silently groaning she quickly scurried toward the bed she’d walked away from and picked up the red dress sitting on her bed.

“I’m getting dressed,” Chorong nodded with an irritated smile before the woman closed the doors. “Ugh! Stupid locks! Why aren’t there any locks on the doors!?”

Her fingers tightened around the red silk before she held it up to observe it. Chorong’s anxiety immediately resided over her best when she realized what it was. She’d seen in dramas; the formal dress in which many got married in.

>_____<;;

Victoria couldn’t help, but bite onto her thumbnail while waiting for Chorong to pick up. She’d been listening to the same annoying ring tone for the last 5 minutes and yet Chorong hadn’t answered. She wasn’t a deep sleeper. Chorong should have answered her call by now.

“What the heck…” Victoria groaned before hanging up and decided to try Namjoo, who, like Chorong, didn’t answer.

By now she was worrying even more. Had something happened back at home? Why weren’t they answering her calls?

Then Victoria felt her body fly forward when Changmin’s tires drove over a bump in the road. The ending gurgled before he immediately pulled over to the side of the road. They were a safe distance from Lee Shin Il’s home, away from her silent attackers, but they were still trapped on the highway that at least had street lights.

“What’s going on?” Victoria demanded when Changmin tried turning his keys in the ignition.

“I think the engine flopped,” Changmin replied. “I’ll go check.”

She let out an annoyed sigh. She shouldn’t have come out. This worry in her heart was dragging her into the lower pits of guilt. Why had she left without notifying Chorong? Chorong could have stayed up on her behalf to make sure everything was well in the house while she was out. That why she could be notified if anything were to go wrong.

Victoria wanted to kick herself before she glanced out the window. Changmin had pulled the hood of the car up and was currently inspecting the engine to see what could be the fault of it dying. He was there for a long time before he finally pulled out his phone. While he paced in front of the headlights she peered into the empty streets around them. There were wild and tall weeds snaking up from the ground in the distance and billboards with the latest advertisements nearby, but no life.

“Great,” she muttered to herself.

Luck would really be on her side if she was stuck there the rest of the night with him.

Victoria turned when Changmin opened the door, “I called the auto shop. They’re trying to get in touch with one of the workers to see if he can come out and see what’s wrong, but I don’t know where we are…”

“So?” Victoria raised a brow. What did he want her to do? She didn’t know either.

“So, they’ll try to find us, but it might take a few hours,” he explained.

She allowed herself to groan and sunk back into her seat. This was just perfect. As if the situation couldn’t have been any better.

Changmin closed the hood of the car and returned to the car before reclaiming his seat. He took the keys out of the ignition hole and dropped them into the empty cup holder before heaving a sigh.

“I didn’t expect for this to happen,” Changmin explained, “I swear they said nothing was wrong with the car when I took it for a checkup a week ago.”

Victoria was annoyed and hearing and ramble on annoyed her even more. To contain her temper she remained quiet and seated in her seat with arms crossed. She couldn’t stop thinking about Chorong or Namjoo. Sure their powers were active, but how would the two defend themselves when they’d been calling her up at work for help at home? And she suddenly recalled the story about the Protectors.

What if some mystical being suddenly appeared and asked for help?

“I’m feeling stuffed in here. Want to go sit outside?” Changmin asked to which Victoria did not respond out of free will.

When she didn’t answer he left anyway. She watched him sit against the hood of the car and gaze out into the countryside before she unbuckled herself and followed. Victoria stood at the edge of the road and stared at him for a few seconds. Deciding that she didn’t want to sit on the hood of the car with him she walked over to the driver’s side and sat against the door.

Changmin joined her a few seconds later and when he heaved another sigh Victoria snapped. “Can you stop that?”

“What?” he asked innocent to her anger.

Victoria rolled her eyes and turned away to stare straight ahead. Changmin turned to look at her before shaking his head and looked away.

“Worried about your sisters?” Changmin asked.

“More than you think,” Victoria muttered upset still wishing she had the ability to kick herself.

He smiled. “I’m sure they’re fine, deep asleep or something.”

“If that’s so, then that’s a bad thing.”

“Why?”

“Never mind.” Victoria shook him off realizing she wouldn’t be able to explain. After a while she said, “Do you believe there are reasons for everything?”

Changmin seemed to ponder the thought before nodding. “Why not?”

Victoria took it to thought for a moment and worried about Namjoo and her dreams. “So when you dream about yourself being tortured and killed, is that a sign or is there a reason behind why it happens?”   

“I would think that’s a nightmare,” Changmin had an expression of absurdity while answering and Victoria was determined he wasn’t helping. After a minute he said, “Well…if those dreams symbolize something…then I guess your dreams are giving you a message.”

“A message.” Victoria repeated before slightly frowning. Then she turned to Changmain, “Do you believe in angels?” 


***Oho! Namjoo didn't go back in time alone, but is it just a dream? 

***hehe! Namjoo & Chanyeol has a kid running around xDD and Chorong's in a dire situation she doesn't really know about xDD Whereas Changtora are stuck outside in the middle of nowhere together huhu~~