A New Tale

3 Ways [Hiatus]

>_____<;;

Chanyeol looked well. His face was clearly different from the person she’d seen yesterday, who had rage and frustration all over his face and in his eyes. Chanyeol looked really good.

“Do you want something to drink or…”

“Just sit,” Namjoo nodded toward the empty space beside her.

He was nervous. She could see it.

Chanyeol’s eyes drifted toward the ground before he sat down beside her. Namjoo pressed her lips together before shifting to face him. He was hurt and he was in pain, and he was doing a really good job concealing his feelings from her. Namjoo would have almost fallen for it if not for yesterday’s thwarted realitiy. 

“Chanyeol,” Namjoo began, “I know telling you I’m sorry won’t be enough, but I am. I’m sorry I never thought of you. I always put myself first because I never understood, and I’m sorry I never saw you hurting.”

She watched him tilt his head to look at the floor.

“It’s ok.” His voice was gentle.

“No it’s not. You don’t have to lie to me. I’m sorry that you hurt because I hurt,” Namjoo apologized, “I didn’t mean for you to hurt alone.”

His eyes stilled, but he didn’t say anything.

“I made it hard for you, didn’t I?” Namjoo asked feeling her heart fall apart into a dozen pieces. “I didn’t play with you or your feelings. You were always my best comfort. I’m sorry I left you waiting.”

She felt the tears fall down her face as she looked at him. Every word he’d lashed out at her yesterday flashed through her mind. He was injured, she was injured, and there was no absolute way to fix it, but an honest truth. And her heart ached even more when she thought about how hurt they all were.

“I hurt, Chanyeol,” she cried, “I hurt really bad. So please, don’t walk away from me.”

Then she saw the tears slide down his face and heard herself sob before she reached out to hug him. His head landed on her shoulder and she felt his big arms wrap around her as they comforted each other in tears.

>_____<;;

Chanyeol glided his thumb over Namjoo’s face as she slept beside him and smiled. She came back after all. He was glad, really glad. He’d wanted her honesty and he’d wanted her to want him again.

He let her head lay on his arm and watched her sleep peacefully before her phone ring.

>_____<;;

“Namjoo?” Chorong eagerly started.

“Oh, it’s me,” she heard Chanyeol answer. “Namjoo’s actually sleeping right now.”

“Is that so?” Chorong turned away from the clock in the living room. “That’s good. I was wondering where she suddenly went.”

After hanging up she heaved a sigh of relief before dropping onto the couch. She was beat. After a minute of closing her eyes she was swept off her feet into dream land.

>_____<;;

While Victoria swept she thought she heard a high pitched voice calling out for her. Tinkling bells sounded in her bedroom and she twisted and turned in bed flustered by the noise. Was that wings she was hearing? Or was it just her dream?

Victoria felt sleep ease out of her before she suddenly jolted awake. A pair of big eyes stared back at her before she heard bells jingling again and screamed when a bag of gold dust fell over her.

A loud pop echoed in the room and Victoria felt herself fly up into the air, her blanket slipping off her body. It was a strange, strange feeling before she realized she was staring down at her bed which looked a thousand times too big for her.

“Uh-oh,” she heard a voice squeak and turned to see a tiny fairy in a green dress flying in the air beside her with an empty bag in her hand.

Victoria felt her eyes grow wide before her eyes ran over the transparent white wings of the fairy’s. Her jaw dropped and she turned back to look at her bed.

Oh no, this wasn’t good. This wasn’t good at all!!

>_____<;;

When Namjoo opened her eyes she saw Chanyeol lying beside her. He smiled when her eyes landed on him.

“Hi,” he greeted warmly.

Namjoo’s eyelids fluttered before she calmly smiled back at him. She glanced around when she sat up and saw that it was almost 5.

“Are you hungry?” Chanyeol asked.

“Actually, I think I have to go back home,” Namjoo told.

“Ok,” he pressed his lips together. “Namjoo, can I see you tomorrow?”

She quietly nodded before leaning over to hug him.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” she promised before getting up and slipped into her shoes before heading out.

Changmin was heading up the stairs to their house when she pulled into the driveway.

“I see someone was out,” he commented when she ran up the stairs after him.

“And looks like someone’s going out on a date,” Namjoo smiled.

“You’re looking good,” he commented before saying, “I mean, happy-wise, very cheery.” Then he laughed awkwardly, “Don’t take me the wrong way.”

Namjoo slightly frowned before laughing before patting him on the arm, “Don’t worry about that. I don’t think you meet my standards either.”

“Hey, I didn’t mean it that way.”

Unlocking the door she turned around, “You want to come in and wait for Victoria?”

“Oh the other hand, I’ll wait here,” Changmin suggested. “Tell her to come down.”

“Will do,” Namjoo promised before closing the door.

Chorong was dead asleep on the couch when she walked in. Making her way toward her sister Namjoo greeted Chorong with a pinch on the leg. Chorong shot up with a loud yelp before turning to look at Namjoo.

“Ow! That hurt!”

“Where’s Victoria?”

“I don’t know. Upstairs?”

“Her date’s here. Go wake her up.”

“Why don’t you go?”

“Because I’m going to grab something to eat.” Namjoo told before walking off into the kitchen.

Chorong grumbled before stretching leisurely. After a yawn she finally started up the stairs.

>_____<;;

Victoria let out a yelp as she flew against the door with a squeak. She wasn’t strong enough and she was too small. She couldn’t turn the doorknob with her powers that had become as tiny as her. She was in a helpless state which was just perfect, very perfect!!

“Oh this is just great, great, great!” her voice squeaked. “And it’s all your fault!”

She spun around to stare at Tinkerbell with a glare.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to pour the whole bag on you,” Tinkerbell apologized.

“Oh shush it!” Victoria scolded before she turned upon hearing footsteps.

Finally! It was about time one of her sisters came to check up on her!

She flew back and watched the door open.

“Victoria?” Chorong asked looking inside before turning the lights on. “Are you in here?”

Victoria let out a shrill scream and blocked her eyes realizing she’d gotten too close to the light.

“Hmm…I wonder where she went,” Chorong mumbled to herself before turning around.

Oh no, this wasn’t good! Quickly gathering her wits she dove right through the tiny gap just as the door began to shut.

“Ow, ow, ow,” Victoria mumbled when she accidentally flew into the ceiling a few times due to her blindness and shook her hands around from the soreness.

“Namjoo, is Victoria down there?” Chorong called down from the top of the staircase.

“I’m right here!” Victoria’s tiny voice squealed, but Chorong just turned around and scratched her head.

“Where is she?” Chorong wondered.

“Chorong! You fat numbskull! I’m right here! Over here! Look up!” Victoria waved her arms around furiously, but Chorong never looked her way.

“Well maybe I could help…” Tinkerbell started, but Victoria quickly turned to her with a glare.

Flying away from Tinkerbell Victoria aimed for Chorong’s hair and pulled at the huge strands she was able to grab a hold of.

“Ow!” Chorong screamed before swatting the air as she turned around.

Victoria was luckily able to dodge Chorong’s fat fingers and flew around her head before Chorong started backing up in absolute fear at the huge fly she was seeing.

“Oh my god, oh my god!” Chorong shrieked waving her hand out. “Get away from me!”

“Chorong, it’s me! It’s me, Victoria!” Victoria screamed flying back and forth as fast as she could, but in the end felt Chorong’s finger slap her little body before she went flying into the wall.

“Ouch,” she heard Tinkerbell comment.

Victoria felt her eyes roll back in a daze as she slid to the ground and watched Chorong walk over to look at the bug she’d just hit. When Victoria slightly budged Chorong dropped back onto her and screamed as if Victoria were something vicious.

“Chorong! Chorong, it’s me!” Victoria squeaked and watched Chorong look around confused before Victoria slowly lowered herself down in front of Chorong’s eyes.

She watched her sister’s eyes widen in shock before her jaw dropped.

>_____<;;

“Namjoo! Namjoo!! Come up here!” Chorong screamed from the top of her lungs upstairs.

Namjoo roll her eyes and dropped the spoon she was going to stick into before walking out of the kitchen.

“What!?” she questioned starting up the stairs. “This better be good.”

“I found our sister,” Chorong grinned as she held her hand out to emphasize the tininess of Victoria.

Namjoo felt her eyes go wide in shock.

“What happened!?” Namjoo questioned loudly.

Victoria pointed her arm out toward the fairy dressed in a green dress. Namjoo had to squint in order to see her better.

“A fairy?”

“That’s what I said too.” Chorong added.

“Tinkerbell,” Victoria’s voice squeaked and Namjoo burst out laughing at how high pitched Victoria’s voice had become. “What are you laughing at!? Just you wait until I’m your size again!”

They were cut off when the doorbell rang and Namjoo felt her eyes grow wide.

“Shoot!” Namjoo turned around. “I forgot about Changmin.”

“Just perfect,” Victoria groaned from behind.

“Go chase him away or something,” Chorong ordered. “We can’t deal with him right now. Unless he wants to go marching outside with a little fairy on his shoulder.”

Namjoo heaved a sigh, “The poor guy was looking forward to it too.”

>_____<;;

Changmin felt his heart quickly jump when the door opened having expected Victoria, but felt his smile fade when he saw Namjoo. He was suddenly starting to get a bad feeling about Namjoo’s appearance.

“Hey,” Namjoo greeted. “Um…actually, Victoria’s not home right now.”

Changmin raised a brow. He waited outside for almost 7 minutes. Wasn’t this a little too strange?

“Not home?” Changmin asked. “You waited this long to tell me?”

Namjoo awkwardly smiled.

“Or is it because she doesn’t want to come out with me?”

“No, no!” Namjoo quickly raised her voice. “Defnitely not that.”

“Then where is she? She said to be here by 5.”

“She’s really not here, sorry,” Namjoo tried again shaking her head. He watched her hold the door open, “You can come in and see for yoruself. She’s really not in.”

Changmin slightly narrowed his eyes, but he had to take Namjoo’s word for it since she’d been kind of back handedly helping him.

“All right,” Changmin sighed, “tell her to call me when she comes home.”

“I will.” Namjoo smiled before closing the door.

He headed down the stairs desolately before turning around to stare at the house. That was weird. Victoria should have been in. She’d said she’d be waiting for him. Or was she just playing with him?

>_____<;;

Chorong frowned as she tried to listen to what Tinkerbell was trying to say, but only heard tinkling, jingling bells.     

“What? What is she saying?” Chorong asked.

“Wipe that face off, you look stupid,” Namjoo commented from where she was sitting on the arm of the couch.

Victoria turned from Tinkerbell to them, “She says Peter Pan’s been kidnapped, and she was trying to get me to wake up by pouring pixie dust on me, but accidentally poured all the dust on me. She needed to give us all wings in order to fly with her, is what she is trying to say.”

“Oh,” Chorong nodded her head in understanding, “but who kidnapped Peter Pan and why is this relevant to us?”

They listened the the bells tinkle in the air again before Victoria explained, “Because his job is to take children to Neverland and enjoy the youth of their childhood before they forget what it really means to be young. The happiness of children’s dreams is at stake.”

“Oh,” Namjoo nodded her head without emotion, “but why is Peter Pan kidnapped?”

Tinkerbell looked much more frustrated this time around before she started hovering in the air so fast that Chorong and Namjoo could barely keep up.

Victoria heaved a sigh and continued, “Because this person wants his immortal youth. An elf on Neverland took him.”

“Neverland, fantastic,” Chorong threw her hands up. “As if we can’t get enough of this power crap. I was just thinking we might be able to live a normal day after that monster episode.”

“Believe me, I feel the same way.” Victoria squeaked.  

“How…how do we get there?” Namjoo asked waving her hand around confused.

They watched Victoria talk to Tinkerbell before Victoria’s face became completely glum. She didn’t look very happy. There were lines of distraught on her face.  

“Ha,” Victoria’s voice squeaked, “great! She says you two can’t get there.” 


***Namjoo is finally honest with Chanyeol. Hooray!

***Now for a little Peter Pan magic and a visit to their childhood. 

***It's all I have for now. I probably won't update for a few days. I've been writing continuously since summer break started, so I feel burnt out now.