Indications

3 Ways [Hiatus]

 

 “That? Just that?” Namjoo repeated over dinner. “That sounds like a total bargain!”

“We don’t even know who the hell he is or what he really does. Why would you want to trust someone who put his hands around my throat?”

“You know, Victoria’s got a point,” Chorong agreed. “That’s a self-kill. I’d never trust anyone who tried to kill me.”

“But nothing happened, he didn’t do it.” Namjoo tried.

Victoria let out a rough sigh and turned to Namjoo, “If I hadn’t defended myself, I wouldn’t be here right now. You want to lose a sister?”

“You don’t have to put it like that,” Namjoo mumbled.

“Just…never go back there,” Chorong advised.

“No, I want to find out who closed mom’s case,” Victoria stated. “Perhaps, if I go to the police department again, I can request some information about it.”

“And run into that again? I don’t think so.” Chorong raised her brows.

“I’ll make sure I don’t run into him.” Victoria assured.

“I don’t think our family has anything much to guarantee by now,” Chorong mumbled before suggesting, “let me drop off my resignation letter and I’ll go with you, just in case.”

“Fine.” Victoria gave in.

>_____<;;

To be honest, Chorong felt uneasy walking back into the school. She was glad to have chosen to come during the time when classes were in session. That way she wouldn’t have to bother running into curious students or nosey teachers.

The glass remains in the field had been swept clean and the broken windows were yet to be replaced, but during the meantime some protective sheets had been nailed in to prevent the wind from swarming into the office. When Chorong entered the principal’s office she discovered that the principal had been replaced by another person, someone whom she’d never met before. It was a little awkward, but Chorong finally managed to hand him her resignation letter and slid out of the room as fast as she could.

Closing the door nervously as if she were sneaking out of a classroom, she turned around and walked a few steps down the hallway before stopping. Chorong felt her eyes run over the plaques on the wall and the pictures of the teachers in the school. How proud they must feel whenever they walked by. To be able to see their own picture sitting on the school wall to remind them of the deeds they performed everyday must make them feel special indeed. She wanted to be proud of herself like that someday. Woohyun would be so proud of her and she suddenly thought of him dying in her arms quietly.

Slightly gulping back her emotions she turned around only to bump into someone.

“Oh…I’m sorry,” she immediately apologized, but when she looked up she met with the bright smile of Suho. “Ah…hi.”

“Hoping to be up there someday?” he asked sticking his hands into his pants pockets.

Chorong turned around to follow his gaze and realized that his picture wasn’t up yet. “Actually, yea, but maybe some other time…when I’m actually ready.” He looked at her quietly, which made her continue, “I resigned. Rashly coming here wasn’t such a good idea. I should’ve been more prepared.”

“Yea, for the school,” he agreed, “and the principal. I knew she was kinda scary.”

Chorong laughed a little embarrassed suddenly conscious of the stitches on her. “Looks like she won’t be around any time soon though.”

The two of them laughed before standing awkwardly and Chorong wondered for a second why she was still sticking around.

Clearing she said, “Then…I’ll go now. It was nice meeting you, I hope everything goes well for you here.”

She slightly nodded toward him before turning to walk away.

“Chorong, Chorong, right?” he asked catching her before she could go. She stopped to look at him and nodded somewhat shyly and awkwardly. “You want to meet up sometime? I mean, it won’t hurt to stay in touch since…we’re going to be working in the same field, and you seem like a nice person.”

“Oh…” Chorong found herself baffled. “Sure.”

>_____<;;

“You sure messed up the field,” Victoria commented in the lot when Chorong finally returned, “the police even put up some yellow tape. They must’ve been so confused about everything.” She then laughed, “I wonder what they’ll think if they knew what happened.”

“We get our asses locked in a hospital obviously,” Chorong pulled the seatbelt over her.

“That took you a while. Bidding farewell?” Victoria started the car before driving onto the road.

“Ah…yea,” Chorong replied. “So do you actually think they’ll give us information regarding mom?”

“We’re family, why not?” Victoria asked. “We were just too young to know how things worked back then, but now that we’re together again…we can deal with this. That’s how it’s meant to be, right?”

Chorong turned to her with a smile, “I’d like to believe that.” Then she turned to look out the window, “I don’t think the three of us have ever reunited or worked together before since mom died. If you think about it, we’ve just sort of been on our own.”

“Yea…it’s kind of sad,” Victoria disappointedly agreed, “there’s nothing left of this family.”

“And who’s going to be there to walk us down the aisle?”

“Don’t go there.” Victoria warned.

“I’m serious,” Chorong emphasized, “Namjoo will probably be first to marry. Where’s her father gonna be when she gets married? Who’s going to give her hand away to Chanyeol?”

Victoria snorted, “Chanyeol. How do you know she’ll marry him. From the looks of things right now, it’s pretty negative to me.”

“Oh please, who’s Namjoo going to start dating now when there’s no one else, but Chanyeol,” Chorong pointed out.

“I don’t know, there are millions of fishes out there.”

“Come on, Victoria, who’s more of a realistic choice for Namjoo,” Chorong tilted her head to look at her sister.

“Look, I don’t know, but our lives right now don’t look very realistic, does it?” Victoria reminded.

“Right,” Chorong muttered in agreement, “and there’s that guardian angel.”

“Guardian angel? What about him?” Victoria wondered before it shook her. “Oh no, oh no! Namjoo is so not going to have anything to do with him in that sort of way. He’s, like, dead, Chorong.”

“Well, I don’t know,” Chorong threw her hands out, “here you are, saying things like Namjoo’s not gonna marry Chanyeol. The only other guy in her life right now is that angel who mysteriously appeared for what reason, we don’t even know.”

Victoria snorted, “No. He’s just an angel, nothing more. Nada.”

“Well, Namjoo has a hunch that he’s from her past life or something along those lines,” Chorong explained.

“What!?”

“Oh yea,” Chorong added. “She said she felt really weird when she touched him yesterday. Oh and…if you haven’t noticed yet, those little kissies that Chanyeol gave her, they’ve disappeared without a trace. I thought she covered them up with some foundation, but after she took a shower yesterday, I still saw nothing. Isn’t that strange?”

“That doesn’t make sense,” Victoria commented pulling into the lot of the police department.

“Yea? You said it yourself that nothing makes sense these days,” Chorong reminded as she stepped out of the car. “I think he made them disappear when he appeared to her yesterday.”

“Luhan? The guardian angel?” Victoria quickly caught up with Chorong and started toward the stairs leading to the front doors. “How’s that possible?”

“Didn’t I say to stop asking those questions?”

“Well, I mean, never mind,” Victoria decided not to say any more. “But what do you think he really wants?”

“How would I know?” Chorong shrugged. “Namjoo said he doesn’t want to tell her anything, so I’m guessing, he’s something like a really big secret, or the link he shares with her is a really big secret. Something devastating,” Chorong continued before complimenting, “hey, I think I could write a book or something. That sounded like a perfectly dramatic kind of story.”    

“I’ve been wondering why we haven’t met our own guardian angels,” Victoria wondered. They made it halfway down the corridor before approaching the offices. Stopping midway Victoria patted Chorong’s shoulder, “See that stubby officer anywhere?”

“What does he look like?” Chorong whispered and quickly apologized when she bumped into someone.

They peered around the corner into the office to see men in uniform making phone calls, walking around, and filing out papers. Nonetheless, everyone seemed too busy to mind them.

“Stubby, short, kind of bald.”

“Nope,” Chorong shook her head. “We’re free. Lets go talk to someone.”

Chorong grabbed Victoria’s hand before they walked in together.

>_____<;;

It was dark when she thought it was morning just a few minutes ago. Dead leaves rustled underneath her feet and she suddenly realized she was walking through some kind of dead forest. She was suddenly breathing heavily as if she’d been on the run for some time and had only stopped to catch her breath.

The moon was whistling overhead and dark clouds were hovering nearby casting a dark glow over her. It took away the only light she had; the moon’s glow.

“Ok…calm down, calm down,” Namjoo whispered to herself before she glanced around.

Dead thin trees with wide even gaps between each other surrounded her. If she were supposedly on the run from someone, this wasn’t the best place to be. But who was she running from and why did she feel so frightened? Namjoo never recalled being so frightened before…it was as if she was the target of some kind of manhunt.

Taking another step forward made her lose her balance and trip. Namjoo let out a shout and immediately pulled herself up confused. What was happening? Why did she feel as if this was really reality when part of her knew it was a dream?

A loud cry left her when she realized she wasn’t wearing what she’d been in that morning, but a dirty hanbok.

“You can’t run from me now!” a voice boomed and when she raised her head she saw a spear fly toward her.

Namjoo jolted awake on the couch she’d dozed off on in the sitting room gasping loudly. Her hands were shaking and her heart felt like it wasn’t really there with her.

“Oh my god…oh my god…”

She ran a hand over her stomach, which was still in one piece and looked around. It had felt so real and she had been so scared. She let out a sigh of relief and leaned forward to try and calm herself.

>_____<;;

“Han Sook?” the middle aged officer, whose skin looked like a dried desert, questioned. He eyed them cautiously. “And who are you?”

“Her daughters,” Victoria answered.

“I’m going to need verification,” the officer explained, “before handing out confidential information…”

“Confidential?!” Chorong repeated loudly shocked then she quickly turned to Victoria and whispered, “Why the hell would the cops make a file confidential when all that happened was suicide?!”

Victoria pinched her arm and Chorong let out a squeak before Victoria set down her purse, dug through it, and pulled out her I.D. Holding it out, she asked, “Good enough? Now I want to see those files,” her tone transitioned into a threatening hiss, “about my mom.”

“Look here Miss…”

“Don’t Miss me,” Victoria warned through gritted teeth, “my mom died 14 years ago when I was 12 and helpless. I want to know what went on and how the investigators looked at the crime scene. I think you can at least do that for me.”

They stared at each other, each determined with their ways before the officer rolled his eyes. “But you can’t take those files out of the building.”

The two sisters watched him walk off before Chorong grabbed Victoria’s shoulder to turn her around. “This is weird, totally weird. Ma Ho Jun’s death was literally all over in the papers when it happened. Now that I think about it, no one publicly knew about mom.”

Victoria eyed Chorong, “We were too young…”

Chorong determinedly shook her head, “Hello, Victoria! Namjoo watched TV all the time those days. She sat in front of the TV like there was no other place to go! There would have been something broadcasted and she would have screamed, ‘Mommy!’ But did she? No.”

Victoria continued staring at Chorong suddenly growing sensitive. Had the cops totally covered her mom’s murder? Had Officer Park been telling the truth when he said that the one who closed the case was working for the one behind it?

“Maybe no one was supposed to know about it,” Victoria quietly said aloud then turned to Chorong, “maybe Namjoo was right. I should have taken the bargain.”

“What?” Chorong asked a little surprised and confused. “Officer Park would only kill us after using us. Don’t you watch dramas?”

“Listen,” Victoria grabbed Chorong close so that no one would overhear them, “if mom’s death wasn’t even mentioned in the papers or on the news, someone must have wanted to keep it quiet. First, we find out who closed the case and find out where he is.”

“That’s walking into a trap,” Chorong pointed out.

“No, not if we don’t tell him…”

“Or her.” Chorong added before Victoria shot her a stern glare. “Well, possibilities…”

Victoria slightly rolled her eyes before continuing, “We go find him and talk to him.”

“If we mention Han Sook, wouldn’t he immediately know who we are? I think that’s kind of stupid,” Chorong opinionated.

“We will find a way around it,” Victoria sternly growled.

“Alright ladies,” the officer came back with a thin file stuffed into a manila folder. “I’m giving you 10 minutes.”

Without thanking him Victoria grabbed the folder and they walked into a corner to study it. Chorong let out a horrid yelp before turning to cover her eyes when pictures immediately came into sight upon opening the file. Victoria gulped and quickly stuffed them into the back before looking at what had been recorded down: the date, estimated time of death, description of death: suicide, identity: Han Sook, : F etcetera etcetera.

Running her pointer finger down the page she stopped at the bottom.

“Officer on duty: Lee Shin Il,” Victoria read then turned to Chorong. “Lee Shin Il.”

“And how the heck are you going to look him up when he isn’t even at the police department anymore?” Chorong wondered when they were back in the car.

“Any way we can, can’t you use your brain?” Victoria questioned. “Internet, directories, or ask around.”

“Do you really know how you’re going to approach this?” Chorong asked. “What if we get ourselves in trouble along the way?”

“Well…” Victoria shrugged, “if it happens then, we’ll deal with it, we were born to deal with things that are uncalled for.” Chorong snorted. “What? I mean it. Look at the past few days. Attacks, visit from the dead, and powers. And if we happen to be in danger, you can electrocute someone.”

“You know, that isn’t a great a power as you think it is,” Chorong mumbled slightly raising her brows in a rhetoric manner.

“I’ll be home later.” Victoria stopped the car in front of their home. “Fill Namjoo in on our plan, alright?”

“Yea, yea…” Chorong muttered before getting out.

>_____<;;

And how would she be able to squeeze in her life and applying for a tech college with all of this chaos going on around her?

Heaving a sigh she dug out her keys from her purse and unlocked the door.

“Nam…” she began before she was cut off.

“Chorong, duck!” Namjoo screamed.

Confusion slurred Chorong’s senses and she had a hard time comprehending what Namjoo meant. “Duck?” she frowned. “There’s an animal in the house!?”

“No! Squat, bend down…” Namjoo rattled on before Chorong saw a black dagger flying her way.

She let out a scream before squatting down with her hands in small fists. When the dull looking dagger implanted itself into the wall Chorong turned in time to see it vanish before turning to look at Namjoo and a woman she seemed to be protecting.

“Would you tell me what the hell is going on!?” Chorong screamed before she saw a person in a dirty cloak standing in the living room, his hand up in the air with another dagger magically appearing. “Oh…this is bad…” 


***In which Chorong pretends to be a novelist but she doesn't know she's actually writing out something that could be real lolololol and here's to SuRong's promise to meet up again ^^

***Namjoo gets sent back to the past in her dreams and may more come!

***hohoho! and Vic begins the investigation about their mother's death when she's the one who hated their mother the most, but now she's the one who wants justice the most! 

***I shouldn't be updating, but whatever. Today's gonna be a do nothing kind of day, which is very very very bad for me -.-