The Ensuing Fight

3 Ways [Hiatus]

>_____<;;

“Well, well, well,” Lee Dongsun repeated under his breath, focused his camera, and pressed the shutter. “Isn’t this interesting.”

He was merely excited to have seen the door fly open by itself and that chair that had come through the door. That was some real action by the unexplainable he’d never seen before. What was going on in that house?

 Now he was surer than ever that there was solid reason behind why Changmin had hired him to spy on the sisters. Something strange was revolving around the three and Lee Dongsun suddenly wanted to know more about them than ever.

Nosiness wasn’t part of his nature, but there was something particularly special about these girls that was seemingly attracting him. And he wouldn’t lay back until he figured out what was going on.

>_____<;;

Chorong’s father stared at the door then swerved his eyes to the broken chair on the front lawn. There was something going on and he thought his daughters were landing themselves into a mess he wouldn’t be able to clear for them.

Appalled and curious he hurried up the rest of the steps and grabbed the doorknob expecting the door to have been left unlocked, but discovered it locked. Hoisting the doorknob into his palm he shook the door. The door had always been weak and easy to open even when locked. Slightly frustrated he knocked on the door.

“Chorong! Open the door! What are you girls doing in there!?” he questioned. “What have you gotten yourselves into!?”

He had brought up his daughters under his strict ways, thus always expecting them to recognize their duties as good daughters; follow the rules, put reputation as a first priority, land a good job, be responsible, and smart with ethics. He’d never taught them to indulge in drugs or alcohol nor had he ever taught them to land themselves in dangerous situations. But the warning from his dead girlfriend only meant so much more and he was honestly almost creeped out by it.

“Chorong! Open the door!” he called out again.

>_____<;;

 Namjoo was thinking real hard where she stood while Chorong continuously paced around in the sitting room. Luhan was trying to put things back in order, but the longer he tried, the more mess there was. And the pounding at the door wasn’t ceasing.

“Chorong, go do something about your dad. I can’t think like this!” Namjoo almost ducked at a pillow flying her way before watching a bunch of mail Luhan had just replaced on the table being shoved off.

Groaning she picked them up and walked over to the window to peer outside. Namjoo was almost getting irritated by the mess the ghost was making around the house. It suddenly looked like their house was at the point of no return.

“What about a storm or something?” Namjoo turned to look at Chorong. “Do a little trick; make fuzzy clouds and lightning strike.” Namjoo swirled her finger into the air and kept her eyes on Chorong. “We can kill two birds with one stone here; get rid of your dad and drive that spy off.”

Chorong twisted her head to the window, “What’s the current weather report then, Miss?”

“Saying that we’re near the end of spring and close to summer, I’d say it’s really sunny, a few Columbus clouds here and there, so it must be pretty warm outside – but after all I haven’t been outside myself,” Namjoo crossed her arms and slightly narrowed her eyes while staring at the sky above the house next door. “It looks like a nice summer day.”

Chorong crossed her eyebrows, put her hand under her chin, and deepened a brow, “How about some gusty winds, dark clouds, and rain for a cooler weather?”

Namjoo shrugged, “Well, good luck with that. Now we’ll,” she turned to Luhan, “figure out what’s creating this mess.”  

She last heard Chorong take a deep breath before grabbing Luhan’s hand leading him out of the sitting room.

“What?” he asked. “I don’t sense ghosts nor do I see them.”

“Huh…really…” Namjoo mumbled a little sarcastically as if she didn’t believe him.

The sharp noise of something spiraling through the air caused Namjoo to turn just as Chorong’s favorite cooking pot came flying her way. Estimating that the amount of time it would get to her would be too little for her to dodge in time; she clenched her eyes and turned her face away. Namjoo felt Luhan slightly push her back and opened her eyes to see the pot stop in midair before them. Her pursed lips dropped apart and she listened to it fall to the ground before something gray and almost transparent popped up in front of them.

“So you two are together after all,” the ghost hummed swaying back and forth in the air as if delighted. “So lovey-dovey.”

Namjoo’s mind ran blank and no one said a word. She could almost hear Chorong’s storm raging outside as the winds clattered against the window.

“But time’s up, Luhan. I’ve been sent for you,” the ghost in the shabby blazer clapped his hands together with a smile. “Oh and don’t you worry about this mess,” the ghost loudly clapped his hands together and everything was immediately set back in place. “I just like to play around a little too much. That’s why the angels never keep me in one place.”

At hearing his words Namjoo clamped her hand around Luhan’s. She wasn’t ready for this.

“Aww…look at you,” the ghost cooed then twisted his wrist to look at the silver watch that suddenly appeared around it. “Time is ticking. I’ll be waiting for you. Till then, lovey-dovies.”

Namjoo hardened her eyes and silenced when the ghost disappeared with a popping noise. The only thing she could hear in those mere minutes was her hearting raging.

“Namjoo,” she heard his soft voice call.

“You can’t go,” Namjoo’s voice shook as she clenched her fingers around his. “Why is it that I always have to be left behind!?”

Luhan slightly turned around to look at her with those eyes of his, “You’re not.”

A cry seeped out of and Namjoo immediately lowered her head.

“Don’t go. Please don’t go.”

>_____<;;

The wind was chiming and pounding against the window. She could feel the branches of nearby trees swaying crazily as the wind danced by. Chorong could feel the raindrops falling and landing against the ground in packs. It was refreshing and cool just as she’d called for.

“She told me you three were in danger,” her father told. “And not to go near dangerous waters. Are you and your sisters doing something illegal, Chorong? What are you three up to?”

And suddenly Chorong’s eyes snapped open.

Water…

High water…

As all tasks flew out of her mind she quickly stepped toward the window to see the storm raging outside. The tree branches were swaying back and forth with such strength any weak ones could snap in seconds. The raging wind was dangerous for any children who were outside alone and the rain pelting down could become thick hail in moments.

Where was Victoria?

Chorong’s hands reached for the hand in her pocket, but suddenly remembered Victoria could still be in class. Never minding that, she sent Victoria a text and waited almost half a minute before the mess around her suddenly disappeared. Confused she twisted around and wondered if Namjoo had fixed the ghost that had entered their home. After a step toward the hallway Chorong paused and listened to the voices before realizing the situation outside. Now wasn’t really the perfect time to be interfering in her younger sister’s affairs.

Turning around she stared down at her phone and shook it, “Oh Victoria, why aren’t you answering!?”  

After debating for another dangerous minute she decided she’d drive around campus and look for Victoria’s car. Chorong turned around and hesitated to step out, but having no choice she did.

“Namjoo, I’m heading out for a bit,” Chorong informed trying her best not to look at them. She slightly paused by the door and glanced back at Namjoo who hadn’t responded before grabbing her key and jacket then ran outside.

“Chorong!” her father was still standing on their front porch.

Chorong turned with a gasp and felt him grab her arm.

“What are you girls doing!?” he deepened his voice.

“Dad, what are you doing? Why didn’t you leave yet?”

“Not until I find out what illegal things you three are doing! This isn’t how I raised you!”

“Dad, it’s not what you’re thinking!” Chorong raised her voice above the crackling thunder in the sky.

When Chorong turned to look up she saw that car still parked across from their house.

“He didn’t leave yet!?” she asked annoyed.

“Who!?” her dad asked.

Chorong turned back to her dad frustrated.

“Let me in the house. We have to talk,” her father demanded. “Right this moment, Chorong!”

Chorong stared at her father with crossed brows, “No, dad. I have to go. I don’t have time.”

“Go where!?” her father demanded again. “Not unless you tell me what you three are doing and how that chair came flying out, will I give this a rest! Now open the door!”

“Just go home, dad,” Chorong tried again; her eyes swerving toward the road every few seconds.

It felt like time was running out, the spy was still there, and her dad hadn’t yet left. If anything was found out and she was suddenly pressed down about why Namjoo was inside with some man, she’d have her arms and legs tied together forever. But Chorong really needed to find Victoria because she was having a bad feeling about all of this.

Chorong silently groaned and suddenly wished lightning would strike that damn spy’s car.

“Dad, you have to get out of here!” Chorong turned to her father and inched toward the stairs. “I really have to go!”

Her father opened his lips to retort, but a roaring thunder slit the sky and something bright struck the street. Her father shielded himself with his arm and jumped back a step in fright. When she turned toward the street she saw that lightning had struck the tire and there was damp smoke flaming up in effect.

“I’m telling you, it’s dangerous to be out here,” Chorong turned to her father. “I really can’t stay and talk with you. No one’s home right now, so you should leave.”

She dashed toward the stairs and rushed to her car, but when she got to the lot where Victoria usually parked she didn’t find Victoria’s car. Chorong made sure to check the other lots, but she didn’t recognize any automobile like Victoria’s. That led Chorong to only one option left: Officer Park.

>_____<;;

Victoria almost couldn’t see through the rain that was pounding down against her windshield even if her windshield wipers were going at full speed.

“Goddammit, what is with this storm?” Victoria cussed before pulling into the lot near the Han River.

Turning the engine off she leaned back and searched the backseat for an umbrella. Grabbing the old blue polka dotted one that she’d stolen from Chorong’s room she stepped out of her car. The trail near the Han River was abandoned due to the sudden rain and she was glad that it was. Victoria was suddenly grateful for the weather’s sudden change and walked away from her car more confidently.

There was a lot more shrubs and plants growing in this part directed away from the jogging trail. Victoria had been shown this place by her first lover, but after they broke up she’d never come back here. At one time she’d sworn that she would never come back here and Victoria found it ironic that she was where she’d promised not to be.

Victoria paused to glance around before staring at the ripples spreading throughout the river every few seconds. She calmly walked along figuring out where she would stop unaware of the transparent human form following her from behind. And whenever Victoria paused to stare around, it would drop to the ground as if it was just the raindrops trailing after her.   

Everything was so silent and Victoria was so alone she suddenly started feeling the creeps. The hair on the back of her neck would stand on end causing her to feel slightly paranoid. She couldn’t help, but feel that she was being watched especially since she was surrounded by water. Great thing for the rain, she sarcastically thought.

Victoria slowly paused in her steps and listened to the raindrops plant themselves against the ground. Now that she was listening so carefully all she really heard was the rain dropping really fast and hard. She could feel her ears twitch a little before she caught the faint noise of someone breathing.

Victoria was lucky for when she turned around Lee Shin Il was just about to lunge at her. He stopped midway at once and smiled in water form. Shocked and surprised, Victoria fought for control over the speed of her beating heart.

“Are you here alone today?” Lee Shin Il asked. “Taking a walk or something?”

Her chest was heaving up and down almost panicked before saying, “Don’t be a coward and show your real self.”

“This is me,” he replied. “I have a feeling you’re not here to make a kind offer.”

“Bastard,” Victoria name-called.

Lee Shin Il chuckled and threw his head back before laughing horrendously.

“Oh that name hurts,” he wiped a tear Victoria couldn’t see from the corner of his eye.

“You lied about my mom’s murder and now you want to kill my sister,” Victoria grumbled. “What do you want?”

“Kill your sister?” Lee Shin Il asked appalled. “Ow, now that hurts. How could you assume that?”

“Don’t be an with me,” Victoria warned.

Lee Shin Il let out a loud laugh, “Who’s being the here?”

Victoria squinted her eyes and watched his body get cut diagonally before it glued itself back together since he was, after all, in water form. She hated him so much.  

“Where’s your minion?” Victoria demanded. “I want him out here now!”

There was this glint of amusement in his eyes before he shook his head, “Tsk…tsk…tsk. This is your sister’s matter, not yours.”

“If it has to do with her, it does with me,” Victoria growled. “Now where is he?”

“Not on my tail as of right now,” Lee Shin Il answered then cooed, “is it because your sister is in such a pitiful state right now that you want to take care of every problem of hers? Your baby sister can’t take care of herself?”

Victoria felt anger fly through her. How dare he talk about her sister like that?

He laughed again enjoying how he was able to taunt her so, “Oh you’re so prideful of your family. The oldest one always has to be protective, isn’t’ that right? But what have your sisters done for you?”

“Shut up,” Victoria demanded through pursed lips. “You don’t know anything.”

“Oh, I don’t know anything!?” he mimicked offensively. “I’ve known a lot since you girls were born. Your mother got pregnant with you, but no one wanted you. It was your grandma who fought for you to be born. Isn’t that why you’ve hated everything so much? Now, Victoria, you just have to come to terms with the truth. Face it; no one really needs you around. You’re just an existence who can’t do anything for anyone, that’s why you’re here, isn’t it?”

Victoria hated his words so much that she ended up gritting her teeth in order to tell herself not to fall for his words. In what right should she let him use her feelings against her? She had reformed, she wasn’t like that anymore. Victoria loved the things around her, she didn’t hate it. She’d forgiven her mom. Victoria had changed for the better.

A smirk grew across Lee Shin Il’s face.

“I won’t ask again,” Victoria lowered her tone of voice, “where is your minion?”

“You can’t fight him head on,” Lee Shin Il warned seriously. “You don’t have the power to take him on. Just head back home before you regret ever stepping out here.”

She wouldn’t. She wouldn’t go back until she got what she came for. Victoria was stubborn and she would have it her way this time around. Lee Shin Il wouldn’t be the victor of this.

“I warned you, water is my territory,” Lee Shin Il told before he suddenly lunged at her, his face disappearing in the mass of water that pushed Victoria to the ground.

The umbrella handle flew out of her hand, coursed through the air swiftly, and landed on the ground with a soft clank before it rolled away twice. Victoria was doused in water and suddenly felt like she was struggling to reach the surface in a 14 feet deep pool. She couldn’t breathe nor move as if water had seeped its way into her organs, and she could see the sky darkening above her as the breath swirled out of her.