And... Action!

Married to My 'Ex' (ON HIATUS)

“Lights, cameras, and... Action!”

 

  Those were the words that rang through the room as the make-up unnies and noonas quickly did some final touches on our faces, before rushing off in a hurry.

 

  Heaving a quick sigh, I furrowed my brow in concentration, the bundle of nerves yet to regain calmness. “Don't worry Kyu, you'll be fine... You'll be fine...”, I whispered to myself as a flash of light suddenly snapped me out of my trance. This is it Kyu... Don't mess up, don't mess up, don't-

 

 *Creek *

 

  I instantly grabbed at the side fringe of my white ball down. It's Jongin, it's Jongin, it's- I mean, Kai. Oh my gosh what if I call him Jongin instead of Kai during filming?! What if I get foung out by the fans, the netizens, the-

 

  “Ahem,” A deep voice rumbled. “Do you happen to be... My wife?”, the male hesitantly asked. I could have scoffed right at the spot. As if he didn't know who I am, good thing he's okay at acting.

 

  I turned around -hesitantly, like the director asked. I faked a shy smile, and he faked a surprised gasp, eyes bulging out of its sockets. Oh god, all this role playing is seriously getting onto my nerves, I was barely able to hold back an eye roll. Just barely. “Oh- Kai sunbaenim... Annyonhaseyo, Park Ae imbnida...”, I spoke hesitantly as I glanced up nervously -again, as the director asked.

 

  “So you will be my Anae (aka wife) from this moment on... I am so glad Jagi! I wouldn't have wanted it any other way,” he winked as we stepped forward to squeeze each other in a quick hug. Excuse my exaggeration, but I had to swallow back some throw up. No kidding. “Wahh, why didn't you tell me? I was dying of worry as to who my assigned partner would be!”, Jongin- I mean Kai, pouted.

 

  I swear, I could have strangled him at that moment if it weren't for the cameras aiming straight at our faces. I forced a giggle and ruffled the giant's hair. “Aweh Kai, I simply wanted to surprise my nampyong (aka husband)”. He reached out his arms, gesturing for a hug. I complied, biting the inside of my mouth to keep from swearing at the douchebag in front of me. I honestly do not know –and don’t really want to either- how he was able to just act like everything is normal, and we never went through what we went through, and that I’m not his ex, but rather his current.

 

  So a couple of hours went by, mainly consuming of cameras being shoved in our faces as I struggle to not cringe upon the cheesey remarks Jongin made. Either he changed while dating Ae, or he’s simply an amazing actor. Whichever it may be, I’ll probably never find out. I stormed out of the recording studio, wedding dress and all, and trudged into the main office hall of SM, where the Secretary sat.

 

  I shot her a glare as I slammed my fist onto the marble counter. “I have to speak to Mr. Lee Sooman.”

 

  The women looked up, unamused. “Ms. Park, I’m afraid this might not be a very convenient time to see Director Lee, as he is in a very important meeting with very important guests which may affect the company’s future.” She glanced up with much of a smirk. “That includes your future as well, Ms. Park.”

  “Ok you know what, don’t pull that stunt on me. You know that I am not ‘Ms. Park’, or at least not the Ms. Park you’re inferring to. I need to speak with him RIGHT NOW”, I growled at her.

 

  “Suit yourself Ms. Park, after this Director Lee has to catch a flight to LA for a global meeting. I’m sure the issue can wait. If you are here to question further about WGM, there is no need. Everything is set, and as upset as I’m sure you are, Ms. Park, you need to understand that this was planned before your sister got into the accident.”

 

  "I have to be virtually married to HIM?!" My voice rang through the empty room as the secretary glanced up. "Listen, when I stamped my fingers on that contract to 'help out' my sister for a while, no one said anything about me having to marry my EX boyfriend. YES. EX."

 

  I huffed out in annoyance. I was mad. No, FURIOUS. When Kim Jongin broke up with me through that 15 second phone call 6 months ago and was announced to be dating my TWIN SISTER the day after, all affairs with that douchebag had ended, and that was that! How am I supposed to act like nothing happened and take on my sister's role in front of the big camera lens? How am I supposed to act like nothing happened?!

 

  "What's going on here?” a deep voice rumbled through the room. I looked up to see Kim Jongin, smirking. "Don't worry Secretary Jung. I'll take care of my girl here".

 

  He winked. I swear, I could have punched him RIGHT there and then. His girl huh? Funny how he crumpled her up and tossed ‘his girl’ in the trash 6 months ago.

 

  “Alright Mr. Kim, I will hand Ms. Park over to you then”, the Secretary smiled as Kai bowed before guiding me towards the entrance. I crossed my hands before my chest, huffing at how unbelievably cocky that jerk was being.

 

  “Embarrassed yourself enough? Okay to continue filming?” he whispered in my ear as we smiled politely at the crew members, some cooing at how ‘sweet’ Aekai was. Aekai my .

 

  I managed to pry myself from his grip, stomping over to the coordi unnie. She gave me a few pointers here and there, like which angle to face for a better close up and the expressions I missed during the previous take. I nodded along to everything, pretending to ‘listen’ when really my mind was elsewhere. Where is Luhan? Is he alright by himself? Hungry? Cold? My thoughts were interrupted as familiar voice was heard, clearing their throat.

 

  I gasped, turning around to see Luhan, arms wide open and grinning. “Lulu!” without much hesitation, I ran over to the deer, wrapping my arms around his long neck. As much as I hate admit it, I simply cannot live a single day without the company of my best friend.

 

  We were just in the midst of discussing our day, when a deep voice interrupted rudely. “Hey hands off there. My wife, my girlfriend. MY territory”.

 

Sorry for the 2 month no update! Summer school/ School has been kinda stressful, but I'll try to update as often as my homework allows me^^