First Encounter as AeKai

Married to My 'Ex' (ON HIATUS)

Your POV:

 

DAMMIT. DAMMIT. DAMMIT.

 

I'm SO going to be late, and the producer is SO not going to like this. So it turns out, all those actresses in korean dramas must have had some kind of training with heels, because I'm telling you right now: I don't give a if you're running away from your boyfriend after he was caught cheating OR rushing to stop your love from marrying the wrong girl. Running in heels is probably one of the stupidest decision one can make. Sad to say, I'm that 'one'.

 

“Ow, ow, ouch, arg”, I winced as I struggled to squeeze into the bus full of people. Sweaty, gross people who does not seem to have access to showers.

 

Lowering my sun glasses and fixing my hood, I silently cursed at Luhan for making me late this morning. You see, I don't have as alarm clock, but I have Luhan. Or rather, had. Turns out the deer had decided to go for a morning run. Today, out of all days. Anyway, so since I was around 30 minutes late, it wasn't exactly a surprise that the driver my manager, Hyunsoo Oppa had booked for me. So now I'm stuck in a stuffy bus full of gross people, forced to wear a thick hoodie, sun glasses and a mask in the humid area of a bus in hot korean weather. I don't get life anymore.

 

Once fresh air had refilled my lungs, I began to run again, only to hiss in pain. The heels had been cutting my foot, and this time I would honestly rather run barefoot. And so that is what I did.

 

Call me crazy, but the look on my fellow SM employee's faces was somewhere in the lines between 'this-is-not-Park-Ae' and 'Someone-shoot-me-where-did-the-goddess-go-fml'. My point is, taking her job for a short while may be the best tactic for revenge yet. No better way to stick your middle finger up than ruining their hard earned image right? Especially if you're in a no-make up state, running barefoot, hair wild and unwashed. Hah.

 

If I had thought that the employee's expressions were bizarre, Mr. Lee Sooman's would be never the less unexpected.

 

I could tell he had tried his very best to bite that tongue of his that wanted to curse me to the very root of my every cell. “Park Ae ssi..”, he hesitantly greeted me with a grin so fake, I wondered if his cheeks would cramp up the next second.

 

“Neh, morning Saejangnim!” I greeted back just as cheerful as I bowed. I quickly ran for Hyunsoo Oppa's work room. Hyunsoo Oppa just shook his head with a chuckle, and led me to the hair dresser smiling politely. Or, as politely as she could manage. Bet she didn't expect Park Ae to run in, looking like a trampled over teenage girl. A walking disaster, as Luhan would've called it. The morning went by somewhat smoothly, lots of bowing was performed. Maybe a bit too much? I'm going to need a back massage after this.

 

An hour of professional help really dolled me up quite well, I actually looked like my sister afterwards. Park Ae is back and better than ever! So there I was, skipping through the halls like a 3 year old when Hyunsoo Oppa suddenly steered me towards the parking lot. What happened next either made me unconsciously excited, or consciously disturbed. Either way, my face twisted in a way I never imagined would have been possible.

 

There, in the car right beside where MY seat was supposed to be, sat Kim Jongin. The great Kai of Exo. A year ago, I would have happily sat next to him and even cuddle. But this is not then. Now, it's different.

 

With a little push of Hyunwoo Oppa, (sometimes I really hate that man) I was forcibly tied down to the seat of torture, held in a restraint called the 'seat belt'. 'Luhan, SAVE ME!!' I mentally screamed out as I threw a stern smile at Kai. Fortunately, he just nodded back and stared at his phone. I didn't mean to, but when the car suddenly jolted alive, I wounded up bumping my hand onto his, causing his phone to drop with a small 'thud'.

 

Flustered, I muttered a small “Mianhamnida” before reaching down to pick up the mobile device. It barely fit in my hand. There was something else about it, though. Call me creepy, but I was sure I saw the named 'Luhan' next to the receiver, and Kyu-ya in one of the messages. I quickly handed his phone over to his awaiting hand, but could not help to wonder what in the world was my name doing in the conversation of my Ex and my best friend’s. Especially since they weren't the closest friends after our split. Still friendly, but no where as tight as they used to be.

 

Still stuck in my own train of thoughts, I jumped in surprise as the Car suddenly hit the brakes, and the door of the van was slid open.

 

“Welcome to the first day of filming, 'AeKai' couple!” Hyunwoo Oppa excalimed.

 

'AeKai'? Was that supposed to be our new couple name or something? Because I didn't like this a bit. Not a single bit. Especially since my heart skipped a beat as Kai smiled at me. “Kaja”.