Too Late for Regrets

Married to My 'Ex' (ON HIATUS)

The Next Morning at Filming Set:

 

"Is this hairstyle ok?", the hair stylist asked.

 

"Huh? Oh, neh! Wahh... Yeoppuda..", I muttered to myself.

 

"Oh?! Y-yelppun?", she gapped at me.

 

In fact, the whole room quieted down as fellow celebrities turned to face me in shock. Soon, mutters broke out, and I could only sit there, dumbfounded. "Neh. Yeppuji?", I beamed at a girl sitting beside me. I read her name tag. Song Na eun.

 

Na eun just stared. "Ae... Kwenchana? Odi appunji?" (Are you ok? Are you hurt anywhere?)

 

Sensing discomfort, I took a quick mental note. 'Talk casually with Naeun'. Growing up, Park Ae only let her closer friends call her by Ae. But then again, she could have changed that rule by now. Excusing myself, I sneaked out of the make up room and grabbed my cellphone from the pocket of my bathrobe. I took a closer look in the bathroom mirror. My hair transformed from long and straight, into soft loose curls. Not to mention the new hair color SM dyed on me before I even stepped out of my house. Apparently, it would cause suspicion if Park Ae's hair changed color within the three weeks in which she was supposed to recover from.

 

In all honesty, I doubt anyone would believe that a 3 week recovery would be enough for the victim of a fatal car accident to heal completely. With no scars, bruises, or mental scars whatsoever. Gee SM, looks like you need to think more ahead for cases like these. BUT, I honestly couldn't care less for the company. As much as I'd hate to to admit it though, I would definitely try my best to not screw up my darling sister's hard earned career. Quote, 'try my best'. But meh, I'm more in it for the money. Yes guys, Koreans are very much Asians (:

 

I pulled out my (ok Park Ae's) cell phone and dialed my (again, PARK AE'S) manager, Lee Hyunsoo. Hyunsoo Oppa, as he asked me to call him by. He's quite the man, I'd have to say. At such a young age of 26 and the face and height of a model, I honestly though he was an idol and greeted him formally. Only to be pulled back by the producer and told that the handsome young lad in front of me was, indeed, my manager. Hyunsoo Oppa is the only other person in SM besides the top priority CEO's that know about my uh... Situation. Shocked at first, he soon adapted.

 

Whatever you call it, he just had to know. Or else, who was going to explain to the public when I make a fatal mistake that might suggest my real identity?

 

I remember back in school when a rare amount of people would run up to me and ask whether I was Park Ae. I smiled kindly and told them that I simply look like her, we were in no way blood related. It worked, mainly because of our huge personality split, and the fact that my hair style was way too different. It was medium and stick straight with black bangs, while Park Ae had a golden brown shade and long, wavy hair. No bangs, it was flicked back. If you add the fact that our fashion sense was totally different and the amount of make-up piled onto her face, we honestly didn't have THAT much of similarities.

 

“Oh, Kyu. What do you need?”

 

“Uh... Yeah. So I'm kind of curious as of... My... Off screen personality. You know, in front of staff members and peer idols.”

 

“Oh. That. Uh.. She's usually pretty strict about who she talks to, how she talks, when she talks, where she talks-”

 

“UH-HUH. Yeah ok I think I get it now.” I hang up the phone and sighed inwardly. Sorry Ae, but I think I can only try my best to be your y self.

 

I mentally scolded myself for the millionth time since the moment I arrived at the broadcast station. What was I THINKING?! There is no friking way I will be able to handle all this stress PLUS school. And now I have to have some pretend (hot celebrity) boyfriend who I'm supposed to prance around with, acting all mushy and cheesy in front of the camera just for the big bucks? THIS. This is corrupting my morals at its very best. I don't remember for how long I was just roaming the hallways, zoning off into space. But by the time I woke up from my little day dream, I found myself to be bumped onto the cold harsh floor with a faint 'oof'.

 

“Omo. I'm so sorry”, the person rushed by my side.

 

Wait. That voice sounded way too familiar... A rush of deja vu make me pop my eyes wide open, as adrenaline pumped through my veins. Why had I not listened to Luhan?

 

“K-Kai?!”