To Not Forget

Married to My 'Ex' (ON HIATUS)

I stared at the boy in full shock. What was he going here?

 

“Oh. I'm here to film a reality TV show”, Jongin answered with a blank stare. Oops. Did I just say that out loud?

 

I pursed my lips with a frown, “Which one? Not that I care or anything.”

 

He looked down as if in guilt. Looking around anxiously, he grabbed my arm and pulled me gently to a quiet corner. I shook his arm off, not forgetting to send him a scowl. “Listen, before you start hating on me, I need you to understand that this was planned WAY before Ae's accident took place. I have to do this, really.”

 

“Ok...” why do I have a weird feeling in my stomach?

 

“You remember that marriage show called So You Think You Can Date you signed for?”. I nodded in suspicion. “The thing is... Uh... You're KIM Kyu-ae from now on.”

 

“Huh? But my surname is- WAIT A SECOND. Y-You're my... My... M-M-”

 

“..Husband..”, Jongin finished off for me.

 

I stared at him. “So let me get this straight... The SM people TRICKED me into this stupid contract by hiding the fact that you're my husband PURPOSELY because they KNEW that you were my ex and that I had troubles forgetting-”

 

“Yes, yes, and- You had troubles forgetting me?”

 

I widened my eyes and laughed awkwardly. “Ha ha... Did I say I had troubles? I meant I had troubles understanding WHY I forgot you so easily!” I giggled some more, mentally smacking myself on the head. Dang it Kyu-ya!

 

Kai just stared at me, as if in sorrow. “Uhm, sure. Listen Kyu-”

 

“D-don't call me that”, I gulped as he looked at me in worry. “Uh.. Just because I don't want people to recognize who I really am...”

 

He smiled in relief, “Don't worry about it! Ae's real name was Kyu Ae anyway. I called her that anyway, so no worries!”.

 

“Haha... Yayy!” I cheered on. I couldn't help but feel a stab in the heart. Ouch, so I was such an insignificant and unimportant being in his life, he was able to call his later girlfriend by the same nick name he called me? Huh.

 

“So uh... Please take care of me in the future! … Kyu...”. I sniffed in silence and smiled brightly for the sake of him. We shook hands and went out separate ways.

 

Kai's POV:

 

I clutched onto my hair as I stared on to the distance. I lied... I just lied in front of her. I didn't call her Kyu because I disregarded who she really was. I didn't call her Kyu because I actually call Ae the same thing. It honestly was a reflex. I... I can't forget about her.

 

“Yo Kai,” a deep thundering voice disturbed me.

 

I turned around, chuckling as I ruffled the taller's hair. “Yeol, what's up?”

 

Chanyeol took a seat next to me and played around with an empty cup. He frowned, pursing his lips in concern. Oh, how that reminded me of my Kyu... “Jongin ah-”

 

“Don't call me that”, I pleaded with my eyes. The only person allowed to call me that is Kyu-ya, and even she doesn't call me that anymore.

 

Chanyeol shuffled back in alarm. “Whoa there puppy. Anyway, I just wanted to talk to you about Park Ae-ssi, you're uh... Girlfriend. Or whatever the hell she is to you now.”

 

I glanced back at him, and saw disappointment and somewhat annoyance. Ever since my 'break-up' with Kyu-ya and settled with Ae instead, the boys have been giving her the evil glare. To be honest, as much as I'm SUPPOSED to be concerned about Ae, I'm not. I just can't convince myself to act natural around her, act as if my heart belonged to her when it's been stolen by another. What's left inside my hollow chest now is just an empty space. I was worried about how I was supposed to pretend to be all happy and on SYTYCD, but I don't have to worry anymore. I can freely express love towards my wife, now that Kyu is the one behind that smile.

 

However, I am quite worried over how Exo are going to treat her now. Without knowing who the real person is beyond that same name, the rest of Exo, expect for Luhan and I will surely treat her coldly. And how in the world will the delicate Kyu-ya deal with all that? She grew up as fragile as glass, and once shattered, never again healed.

 

“Yeol. Listen, I want you, along with the rest of Exo to treat Ae with respect from now on. I know you all miss Kyu, but... You have to accept that my heart belongs to Ae now..”, I gently answered.

 

Chanyeol laughed dryly, pushed back the stool with a kick and glared down at me. “I don't know what you're trying to do here, but you can't lie to yourself forever. Stop lying to yourself hyung. You love Kyu, and until we see some sincerity when you're with Park Ae... Nothing will change.”

 

With a loud bang, I was once again left alone in the living room. Some sincerity to 'Park Ae'? Sure. This might just be easier than I thought.