Remember December

Married to My 'Ex' (ON HIATUS)

Hello everyone! Sorry about the slow update, I'll be updating more frequently once break rolls around (: This chapter-the flash back- was told based on my own experience. Not all of it was true, especially how the two got together, but for the most part, it is (: Please, Vote, Subscribe and Comment! Enjoy and see you all next week (; MERRY CHRISTMAS!

 

Your POV:

 

One month until Christmas...

 

A week maybe has passed, and Kim Jongin has surprisingly kept to himself. I would catch him glance at me every now and then, and out of curiosity (JUST curiosity) I also swept my sight towards him, every now and then. It reminds me of the times prior to our relationship, and the awful fall out.

 

I was a Sophomore, and Jongin was a new transfer to the international school I attended. Speaking merely broken English, Jongin wasn't exactly eye catching at first sight. Despite the fact that he was new, not many noticed him and he wasn't talked about a lot either.

 

In fact, I had failed to notice him until the third week of class. Our first encounter wasn't even romantic in any sense. I was laughing with my Luhan, clutching onto my stomach as I struggled to keep myself from toppling over. The teacher cleared his throat, and finally I had directed my attention to the front -where it was supposed to be since the first bell rang. I remember how the Ms. Wilton stood right near the front, coincidentally right beside the dazed boy whose name I had not known of, and frankly, did not care.

 

As any other student would do, I kept my stare unwavering towards the teacher. But the dazed boy's eyes, weren't. He stared right at me, as if boring a hole through my head. 'How weird...' I'd thought to myself.

 

But boy oh boy, had I regret my decision of even noticing him. Our encounters slowly built up over the next few weeks. I'd see him on the bus ride to school, as his stop turned out to be just one stop after mine. We would catch each other's eyes every once in a while, and that was it. At least, on the outside anyway. To be honest I'm still unsure of his feelings back then; I surely let my curiosity get the best of me (curiosity kills the cat, no?) and one day, I found myself trotting towards a the stop ten minutes away from the one in front of my house: The one I was SUPPOSED to get on at. But no, my feet took its own path, and soon enough I found myself standing merely half a meter away from that boy. And so the encounters continued, but pride put aside, if it wasn't for my desperate and pathetic efforts, none of the encounters outside of my english class would have even took place!

 

I would walk past the stair case he ate lunch at more than a few times, giggling with Luhan as he claimed that the mysterious boy had 'stared at me the whole way' and that I should make an effort to talk to him. Bless the lord, that very afternoon when English rolled around, I was put into the SAME discussion group as the guy. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? Because, as calm as I looked on the outside, on the inside my heart was racing, blood was boiling and breath was trembling. Through those 10 minutes, I had gotten to know way more than I needed to. He's Korean, his dream is to be in a band, and his name was.... Kim Jongin.

 

Kim Jongin, I muttered to myself. I tried to seem as cheerful as I possibly can, maybe even a little crazy. But I didn't care. All that mattered was, I finally figured out his identity and forget about him!-

 

If I had known better, I would have laughed. The more I know, the more I wanted to get to know him. Don't think I didn't try to make an effort to talk to him, because I did- I did, and it went well enough to be called a conversation, cheap enough to be called a '5 second stranger talk', as Luhan had called it. Awkward was how it was, and uncomfortable was probably how we both felt. So, without a second thought, I decided that before I blow my chances off completely, it was better to shut to mouth and let my 'actions' do the talking for me.

 

HECK NO, I didn't make a move on him. I smiled, laughed, even eventually (without me ever intending it) became close with him close friend. Great. So I got the friend, now if only I can get the main fish on the hook: Kim Jongin.

 

A month has passed, and Christmas came without a halt. Our school had a tradition of sending out 'Sweet Cheers', as they called it. Really it was just a note attached to an elegantly wrapped little 'gift' of your choice, be it anonymously or using your name. Had I thought about getting him one? Sure. Maybe a little note saying that I had hoped to become friends with him. But that was just stupid. How was he supposed to become friends with me if he didn't even know I sent it? Though I had my suspicions that he probably would have guessed anyway. Unfortunately on his side, fortunately on mine, I had been so far the only girl that has shown somewhat of a interest towards him. The quite, shy Jongin was blooming but I was the lucky one to notice how worthy of a guy he was: Someone to be treasure, some for ME to be treasured.

 

Deciding against it, we spent the next few years building up our silent relationship, and strangely, Luhan had decidedly become closer with Jongin. However as much as I hate to admit it, a staring relationship is a stupid relationship. A relationship that is, and WILL go no where unless one of us takes a risk. And very well, until the year I year I officially became a senior, no one took that risk. It was valentines day, and couple were cuddling, birds were chirping, carnations with roses were over flowing, blah blah. I have never gotten a single rose or carnation in my entire high school career, expect for the cheesey 'don't worry you'll have me' ones Luhan had sent out of pity. The lad himself had a locker filled with confessions, chocolates. He never did let me near his locker on valentines day, we would meet in the bubble tea shop instead. Thanks Luhan for trying, but I know you just didn't want to hrut my pride.

 

I sat in my last block, doodling on my note book when suddenly: “Miss Jung Kyu-ya? We have a rose for you!”

 

I bolted right up, not minding the smirks and snickers thrown around the class. Sure, I was desperate. Of course, I was hopeful. Who wouldn't? I smiled bashfully as I received the rose. “Meet me at the rooftop after school”, the note had said.

 

I inwardly frowned. I hated rejecting others (not that I've really done it before), and this sweet guy- whoever he may be, is no exception. As pathetic and hopefully romantic as I may sound, I was not going to accept anyway expect Jongin. But what are the chances of some one like him, confessing face to face? Let alone to a commoner like me.

 

As promised, I felt a pair of hands wrap around my close lids. “Guess who...” He whispered.

 

And as unbelievable as the situation was, it turned out to be the exact person I was hoping but at the same time not hoping for- Jongin.

 

“Mian... But I'm afraid I'm going to have to take away your chance of rejecting a guy in high school”. I grinned inwardly. Stupid Luhan, he must have told Jongin everything.

 

 

 

 

 

I sighed as I looked down at my coffee cup. It's now 3 years past our fairytale. Exactly 3 years, too that Jongin and I had had first conversation. The jerk had insisted on making that day our anniversary, as he had claimed that “He had fallen in love with me since that very moment, and so had I”.

 

I smiled to myself bitterly. As always... All fairy tales come to an end. Mine ended earlier than I would have liked it to. Way, way earlier. I let out a light gasp as a pair of hands s around me waist:

 

 

“Happy Anniversary, Jagi...” What the- KAI?!