Hidden Truth

Married to My 'Ex' (ON HIATUS)

Your POV:

 

I stood still. Unwilling to let the moment go on, yet unable to pull away from the embrace.

 

“What if there won't be a next time for our separation? What I still love you? What if what happened was merely a nightmare, and this is the reality? What if... What if it was all a lie... Our break-up..?” Jongin whispered into my ear, his warm breath tickling my neck.

 

I clenched my teeth, prying myself away from his grip. “What if I don't love you anymore? What if what happened was the reality, and this is merely a nightmare? What if our break-up was the truth?” I taunted back at him. Without leaving any space for him to continue, I finally stabbed the knife into his heart: “What if there really won't be a next time for our separation? What if we are to stop this nonsense, once and for all?”

 

I had tried to be as gentle as I possibly could with the last part. But no matter how I put it, he will feel hurt, maybe even betrayed. But how was I supposed to respond any other way? After all, Jongin is now with my sister and there is honestly nothing that I can do about it, nor do I really want to. It's been far too tiresome, getting over him. And when I finally do forget about him, I don't plan on returning. Thankfully, I am half way there.

 

Walking away from the verbal mess we had created in the short ten minutes, I have mentally decided to NOT request for frequent breaks anymore. As annoying as pretending to be someone else is, I still much prefer acting as his girlfriend then being reminded that I was once his real girlfriend. Hopefully Luhan will be able to come visit me today, though I doubt his busy schedule will leave any spare time for the poor guy at all. In desperation, I dial Luhan's number. If he isn't going to make it, then I will have to find some other way to avoid the dreadful conversations I will have to make with Kai.

 

“Lulu?” I whispered into the cell phone.

 

A giggle erupted from the other side, “Yes? Let me guess, you called to make sure I'll be able to make it today. Yes, I will so don't worry about to deal with the boyfriend.”

 

I frowned, biting on my lip unconsciously. “He is not my boyfriend..”

 

“I never said he was your boyfriend, did I? THE boyfriend. As in Aekyung's”. I could almost see the mischievous look plastered upon the boy's face, and I suddenly had the urge to slap it off.

 

“Quit it, Lu!” I whined. The production crew was setting up for the next scene already, and I have no time for his nonsense.

 

“Alright, alright. Just be patient, kay? I'll be there in half an hour so just hang on.”

 

Before I could say goodbye, the line was cut off.

 

Kai's POV:

 

I didn't know what to feel after the rejection. Can I even call it a proper rejection, when I never manned up to confess anyway?

 

I stared out the window, a nice breeze sweeping by. I don't quite know what to feel, my life has become so complicated that there seems to be no way to untangle the mess of a situation I made. How did this even happen?

 

FLASHBACK

 

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE POLICIES, I JUST WANT MY GIRLFRIEND!-” *SLAP *

 

I grabbed onto my cheek in pain, wincing as Lee Sooman grabbed onto my hair.

 

Listen you BRAT, you had to choice of not debuting, you had the choice of not signing that contract, you had the choice of not bearing the responsibilities as the idol of millions out there. But you DID... And you know what that means?”

 

I shook my head, trembling not in fear, but rather in anger. This is all my fault..

 

That means giving up the privilege of being with the ones you love. You should consider yourself lucky, being able to date another girl who looks exactly like your real girlfriend. In fact, this is a privilege. You think I would have never found out your lies about dating Park Ae, when really it was her twin sister? Funny how one person can show up at two different places at the same exact time..”

 

I widened my eyes as he placed the two photos in front. 2:03 PM, saturday Jun 21st... Oh my god.

 

He snickered, “Awestruck, aren't you?”. He ruffled my hair roughly before slowly stepping away, standing by the door. “You have no one to blame but yourself, Kim Jongin. Park Ae is the only way to cover this case up, and now that you guys are public I want you two to last. No idol of mine will be seen as a reckless man, so keep it clean... Or else, I won't guarantee the safety of your girlfriend.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

I grabbed onto the hem of my shirt, knuckles turning white as nails dug into the palm. Why must it end this way? Why?