It's not just a washing machine

I'm your nanny

 

It didn’t take too long to blend into the school. One day you’re feeling a little out of place, the next you’re making friends, the third you start learning where all the cute boys in school are and the fourth is when you get invited to seat at the table and get a spot for yourself.

 

“ Here, come on seat with us!” Sooyoung said, pulling Jessica by the arm and urging her to sit down. It was a long table with about 14 people, all of which includes the grumpy Jonghyun.

 

“ Why is she even here?” Jonghyun asked, looking away from the girls’ side.

“ Why not? She’s in a lot of my classes and we like her.” Sooyoung rolled her eyes and turned back to talk to Jessica.

 

Shortly, Jessica was introduced to all the girls and it didn’t take too long before they started chatting about common interest, random facts and whatnot. Yuri offered her a coke as she began asking Jessica more question about her extraordinary ( yet strange) job. Then she quickly moved on to Jessica’s family after Jonghyun sent a warning glare.

 

“ So what do you think of the school?” Yuri munched on her sandwich.

“ Well I haven’t seen much to really decide on that but what can I say? So far so good. “ Jessica smiled. It was surprisingly easy to talk to the girls. Contrary to how annoying and pretentious you would expect these popular and pretty girls to be, they’re really funny and down-to-earth. There was this warm feeling of honesty between them already.

 

“ Well then I’ll let you on a big secret. Actually, what our school is really famous for is not our talents,” she explained. The girls began nodding with cheeky smiles. “ It’s really the cute boys. “

 

And just at that perfect timing, out of nowhere,

this boy appeared.

Jessica almost forgot to breathe.

There he was, walking down with his hands in his pocket, hair boyish short and styled up. Lips ily curled up at the corner to smile at the people waving hi to him. Tall, broad shoulders, perfect.

Jessica has never quite seen such a handsome face before. Yup, she thinks she might have just found the boy. And one more thing, he was wearing that pair of red shoes.

 

So it was him.

 

“ Who’s that guy? “ she asks, pretending not to care much.

“ He’s our Edward Cullen”, Yuri replied proudly, Jessica laughs. Before carefully adding, “ Which faculty?”

 

“ He’s in music too, lucky for us so we’ll definitely see a lot of him, ‘

“ What do you mean “our” cullen? Knock it off, you have a boyfriend! Leave these fantasies for us please! “ Taeyeon jabbed Yuri.

 

“ Oh you have a boyfriend? Does he study here too?” Jessica was surprised. Not that Yuri didn’t look like she didn’t have long lines of boys after her of course.

 

“ Yup, 3 persons down to your right, in fact you might hate it, but he’s jonghyun’s bestfriend.”

“ Minho?”

She laughs, nodding. “ Yep.”

 

“ Wow, he’s a nice catch. Really!” Jessica meant, Minho was all full packaged all by himself but with that stupid useless Jonghyun hanging around him? She don’t even have to say.

 

“ Yeah, he is right? I love him” Yuri smiled, looking at Minho with really love-sick eyes.

 

“ So anyway, think you can handle it?” Yuri diverted the topic almost instantly that it was almost weird.

“ Handle what?”

“ Managing the 8 year old jonghyun”

“ More like 3 year old,”

“ Oh trust me a 3 year old wouldn’t know how to sing that well”

“ He can sing?!” Jessica’s eyes widened a little.

“ Yeah why else would he be in the music faculty?”

 

Then Yoona joins in, “ By the way, he also major in dance. He might not study well but he’s really got the talent for performing you know? He’s not all that bad.”

“ Wow. Seriously?!” This was all so strange to Jessica!

 

“ Yeah.. he just doesn’t really boast about it though it’s very worthy to. Instead he boasts about every other thing that hardly’s worh the mentioning.  But really,he’s actually really nice.”

 

“ I can’t tell.. “ Jessica could only trailed off, looking back at Jonghyun who was now throwing his head back and laughing loudly at something with food in his mouth. Eew gross.

Yuri laughed,“ You’ll see, “

“ Oh trust me, I don’t wanna see it. “

 

--

 The bell for the next class was gonna run any second now and Jessica was still running like a frantic chicken to her locker. Blame the school for being so big, Jessica felt like she could spend 5 years in this school and still get lost every single time. Someone should definitely nominate this school for the Hogwarts filming site.

 

Finally emerging into the hallway, Jessica was close to panting. Walking hurriedly, she finally could see her locker closer and closer. She reached it in a matter of seconds and immediately key in her password. As the computer verified it she grabbed the handle to open her locker but.. there was something hanging from it. Tied to her locker handle was white string that wrapped around a mini carton of milk. The one that she threw at the junior girls yesterday and forgot to drink today. But who would have.. ?

 

Wow. Without realizing, Jessica was smiling from ear to ear. This is weird.

She was standing there grinning like an idiot to herself because someone in this huge huge school, has just tied the mini carton of milk on her locker. This must mean something..

 

But if only she could figure out who it was..

 

Before she could think anymore, the bell rang and she could hear everyone almost shrieking as they rush to their classes. Jessica quickly grabbed her shoes, shut the locker and ran off. Remembering, she quickly ran back again after a few seconds to grab the milk carton .

 

--

The next time Jonghyun heard the bell rang school was already over. And he didn’t even manage to get a glimpse of his girlfriend yet for the whole day.

 

“ Where r u babe?” He texted Se Kyung. Walking impatiently with his blackberry in his hand, Jonghyun make a sharp turn and walked into the hallway where his locker is.

 

He could already see Jessica leaning against his locker, texting away happily too. How annoying can one person be really?

 

Jonghyun felt the vibration in his pocket, his eyes redirected themselves to the text he just received “ I have practice, sorry! I’ll call you tonight okay? I miss you. “ Was his girlfriend’s reply.

 

After he briefly retrieved his stuff, which had happened rather peacefully without exchanging words with Jessica, Jonghyun began walking down the hallway towards the carpark by himself.

 

“ What’s up with the bad mood today?” Jessica commented as she reached for his car door. Jonghyun looked up, eyebrow raised up.

 

“ Oh right I forgot. You have no car country girl. “ Jonghyun added sarcastically and rolled his eyes as he got into the car. By the time he was done talking he was all ready to slam his door.

 

Jessica frowned, unable to believe this boy’s nerves as she followed into the passenger’s seat. She made sure to slam the door extra hard.

 

“ HEY! “ Jonghyun protested immediately. Jessica smiled, pulling his gear down so that his car would begin to slide forward. Fumbling once again to control his car, Jonghyun was sure there was not a day he could spend with her that was happy.

 

“ Why don’t you like to a bus or something? Why do you have to sit in my car ?! “

 

“ Because, your father ordered me to be with you every second possible and since you intentionally pulled out from all the classes that we have together, I’ll just have to torture you every single minute I can.” Jessica replied, adjusting her seat. “ By the way, why do your passenger seat keeps changing everytime? I have to re-adjust it everyday.”

 

“ Does it ever occur to you that I have a girlfriend?”

 

“  Oh right. Shin Se Kyung was it? The one from theatre? Is she still mad at you for not spending time with her?”

 

“ It’s not like we spend much time together before this anyway.. “ Jonghyun mumbled subconsciously. Which was true, she never quite had the time for him and he’s been the one trying so hard to keep it together even though she was the one who came to him first. “ Ah.. why am I even telling you this.. “ he took a turn.

 

Jessica noticed that he sounded genuinely sad but then again if he wasn’t such a baby his father wouldn’t have to make her do this.

 

“ What’s the lesson about today?” He asked, almost out of habit already since they’ve been spending practically every afternoon together.

 

--

 

“ YOU KNOW, “ Jonghyun shouted through the basket full of piled up clothes that was infront of him. “ WE HIRE HOUSEKEEPERS FOR A REASON.”

 

As it turns out Jessica had decided that it was appropriate that Jonghyun finally learnt how to wash his own boxers now but Jonghyun wasn’t exactly co-operating as he whines and complains every 5 minutes.

 

“ Well Mister if you ran out of money to hire them wouldn’t it be nice that you know how to wash your own clothes so that you’d at least have clean underwears to wear?” Jessica explains half-heartedly as she walks.It took them 2 trips to bring down all the washing to the laundry room.

 

Jonghyun dump the overflowing baskets on the tiled floor and look at the hi-tech washing machine. This doesn’t look simple. Why did his dad even buy these complicated looking machines anyway? Does he even know where the on/off button is?!

 

Placing a hand over the washing machine like a pro, “ You ready?” Jessica asked, not really expecting an answer. “ I’m gonna teach you once you pay attention and you get it right.” Jonghyun really hated how she always turn every sentence into an order.

 

Then she had began explaining how everything works in turbo speed and he didn’t really bother listening to his heard something like “ you’re gonna be doing this yourself later”. Suddenly he felt a jolt of alarm. What? Isn’t she just gonna explain? Does he actually have to do it?! . Quick, listen.

 

Jonghyun was scribbling mental notes as fast as he could now. The only problem he seemed to have was the fact that every damn buttons looks the same! But then she eventually finished after rattling on for quite a while. It appeared to Jessica that Jonghyun looks baffled, more confused and concussed that ever before.

 

“can you do it?”

 

Jonghyun finally realized the reality of this torture “ I’m not gonna do it. “ then he added. “ it. laundry. housework. What am I? A housewife? Why do I have to learn this?”

 

Now he was getting on her nerves..

“Brad Pitt can do his own laundry,” she told him.

 

“ I don’t care! ”

“ Well the point is, real men knows how to do everything! Can’t you just learn? How difficult can washing clothes be really!?”

 

“ It’s a waste of my time! “

Jessica was getting more annoyed now.“ You’re wasting my time!” 

 

“ Nope not doing.”

“ Don’t make me force you to do it “ She warned him.

 

He could hear her tapping her feet now. Oh not again, this monster deep inside her is crawling out and possibly launching into another violent attack again.

 

“ But.. I’m allergic to the detergent! “ Jonghyun argued to his best attempt. But she wasn’t buying it.

 

 “ No buts, no excuses, no bull. You better get it done or I’m gonna make sure your dad cuts all electricity in your room tonight. And you can trust that I’ll really do it.”

 

Well, Jonghyun will say one thing for Jessica: she certainly always knew how to motivate him. He pulled the baskets of laundry closer to the washing machine.

 

“ Are you just gonna stay here watching me?”

“ Yes of course. Do I look like I live elsewhere?”

“ Just.. go anywhere you want. I don’t feel comfortable having you around. Come back later! “ Jonghyun demanded.

 

Fine Fine..

 Jessica responded with a smirk then she turned around, leaving him to do the laundry by himself. There was hundred and one homework she had to get to and she figured he probably can’t cause much danger since its not even fire but water. This house is so big anyway, its not like he can even flood the whole place.

 

Jonghyun is not exactly experienced in this area but he was convinced it didn’t mean he couldn’t do it. It’s just a question of using his brain.

 

Experimentally he open the door of the machine and at one an electronic display starts flashing at him. WASH? WASH?

 

Immediately he feel flustered. Obviously I want you to wash!!! He felt like snapping back. Just give me that chance to get the bloody clothes in!

This is not good. Only 5 seconds have passed and he was already in an argument with a machine that does not talk. Not really though, it talks, he justified himself.

 

He took a step back, calmed himself down and reminded himself to stay sane. One thing at a time.

First step: fill the machine. That’s right he remembered Jessica tapping on the machine as she said that.

 

No first step: sort the clothes! He remembered again. Okay Chill.. this is easy..

He start sorting out the dirty clothes into piles on the floor, consulting labels as he go. Usually he was quite particular about his clothes since they were all so expensive and he loved all of them, he made lots of label to make sure the housekeepers don’t mess them up. Now it felt kinda weird actually following your own labels..

 

White: 12

Wash colors seperately : 15

Wash inside out : 10

Wash with care: 8

Wash with GREAT care : 9

 

By the end of the first basket he was totally bewildered. How could anyone be so annoyingly demanding when it probably wouldn’t even make much difference!?! Jonghyun complained then he realized he was talking about himself. It was an extremely weird feeling..

 

What am I supposed to do now? How am I supposed to make sense of all this?! Frustration is rising inside him. And slight panic. He’d been in here for 15 minutes now and he haven’t even started.

 

Okay.. let’s just be rational. People do washing everyday, all over the world. It cannot be that hard. Think, think harder. What’s the next step?

 

He picked up all the clothes from the floor and shove it into the machine. Heck it, I’ll just buy new ones if they’re ruined. My pride is at stake! Jonghyun mumbled to himself. He will not have Jessica laughing at him for not being able to do a simple task of washing clothes!

 

Then like he had remembered seeing Jessica doing it, he opened the nearby cupboard and found himself gazing at a whole array of washing powders. Which one!? His mind is whirling with words familiar only from TV advertisements.  Spotless whites, Whiter-than-white, Non-biological , Washing machinese last longer with Calgon.

 

I don’t want this washing machine to last longer. I just want it to wash the ing clothes.

 

At last he grabbed a packet of washing powders and poured them into the machine a little. Well, ¾ packet is good amount right? He shrugged.

He closed the door firmly. Now what?!

 

WASH? The machine is still flashing at him. Jonghyun grunted.

 

“ YES! YES! YOU CAN WASH THE CLOTHES NOW!” He shouted back at it as he jabbed at a randon button. “ ing impatient little machine aren’t you?” he snapped at it again.

 

ENTER PROGRAM? It flashes back.

 

Amazed, jonghyun roared out loud. “ WHAT NOW!?” 

 

Program?

He was in a state of panic. What program? Why can’t you just bloody wash the clothes?

He jabbed randomly again, just so to make it go away. It didn’t.

Program K3? The machine flashes at him.

PROGRAM K3?! What the hell is that!

 

But he didn’t like the sound of it. Program k3 sounds sinister, like a secret plot from the government.

 

“ No,” he say aloud, pressing hard at the machine. “ I want something else.”

 

“ YOU HAVE CHOSEN PROGRAM K3 “ it flashes back.

 

“ BUT I DON’T ING WANT K3! “ he say, flustered. By now the housekeepers around were peeping in, trying to see what was happening. But because Jessica had cleverly instructed them all not to help him they were all just standing outside, watching as Jonghyun amusingly lose his mind.

 

“ GIVE ME SOMETHING ELSE! “ He’s pressing all the buttons, but it’s ignoring him. He’s not taking this , he gave it a hard kick. Then suddenly he heard water surging into the machine, and a green light comes on.

 

K3 COMMENCING, flashes the display. HEAVY DUTY UNHOLSTERY PROGRAM.

 

Heavy duty? Upholstery?

 

What the hell was going on?!

“ STOP IT! “ he said under his breath, and star banging all the buttons. “ Stop! “ he kick the machine again in desperation..

 

“ Everything all right?” comes Jessica’s tauting voice from the living room.

 

“ YES! “ he reassured her in the best I’m-not-in-a-disaster-voice he could.

 

“ Good. Because I assume you’re not that stupid that you can’t even do laundry,” she sung back, not knowing all kind of hell was breaking loose in the laundry room.

Turning back to the machine, Jonghyun’s eyes almost popped out of its socket. Bubble were beginning to sip out now.

 

More and more and more. It wouldn’t stop. Had he added in too much washing powder? Oh dear god.. please don’t tell him.

 

Another minute gone by and now the water had began sipping out so fast that his feet could feel the water touching them now.

 

“ Great! “ he exclaimed, looking around for possible a mop or anything. He spotted in in the corner and he quickly ran to get it. But just merely 15 seconds as he returned Jonghyun was ready to kill himself as infront of him was a flooded ground with all the bubbles rushing out crazily from the machine. This was not good!

 

He heard footsteps. Nearer and neare, his head turned to the door

 

“ Hey.. are you-“

Jessica paused.

 

“ Oh my God. “ she could only say. The whole laundry room was flooded up to their ankle !

 

Jessica slapped her forehead so hard she could had fallen on her back.

“I know I’m your nanny but seriously, I didn’t expect to be dealing with a real kid. Your IQ is low, your personality is horrible, you have virtually no common sense, you have serious anger management issues and you have a mental age of a 3 year-old kid. I don’t even know why I agreed to do this!” She whined loudly as she braved through the water to get to the machine. All the housekeepers were rushing in to help now.

 

Jonghyun felt slightly guilty for the trouble he caused but seeing Jessica like this was irritating him too, “ It just means that your IQ is lower than mine and your personality is probably worse, you don’t have common sense either, and by the way you DO have a very bad temper and lastly your mental age is probably less than a 3 year-old. Maybe 1 and a half year-old? Whatever it is, it’s just mean you’re stupier than me to take up this stupid job!“ He threw back at her.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica had been preoccupied with stopping the damn machine from washing more clothes and spinning out more bubbles. Then finally she managed to, effortlessly.“ There’s no such word as stupier. It’s more stupid.” She opened the machine lid and began removing all the clothes into the basket. “ If you’re gonna insult me at least get it right!”

 

“ Still doesn’t change anything. You’re still stupid.” Jonghyun snapped as he got to her side and began helping her to retrieve all his clothes out.

 

“ Just shut up and clean up.”

 

“ I told you doing laundry is stupid and pointless, why can’t you just leave it to the housekeepers?!”

 

“ WELL YOU KNOW IT WOULD HELP IF YOU WEREN’T ACTUALLY PICKING A FIGHT WITH THE NON-LIVING MACHINE AND USE SOME BRAIN CELLS TO OPERATE IT. READ THE MANUAL IF YOU DON’T KNOW ! GOD! “ Jessica snapped.

 

Seemingly offended, Jonghyun couldn’t stop himself before he blurt out defensively. “ IT WAS IN ENGLISH. I CANT READ IT!“

 

Jessica could feel her blood boiling inside, ironically since she was surround by cold water everywhere now. “ THEN START LEARNING! I DON’T CARE WHERE, THE BACK OF THE CEREAL BOX, MAGAZINE, I DON’T CARE! BUT YOU BETTER START FROM SOMEWHERE! “ She screamed.

 

Jonghyun looked momentarily stunned. Then he walked away rather timidly, still shocked at her sudden outburst

Jessica dove her feet into the pool of slippery soapy water as 8 other people crowded the place to pump out the water intensely, Jessica has never been in such an adventure with doing laundry. And the only person who could cause such a wreck was Jonghyun.

 

The troublemaker,on the other hand, was now plunging his hand into the washing machine, fishing out desperately for his 200dollars shirts as well as his micky mouse socks. With a relatively messy pile of retrived clothes in his arms threatening to spill out anytime along with the machine that was still raving about crazily, Jonghyun was certainly one trouble person.

 

Jessica had been so busy trying to collect the rest of the clothes that were floating around the room randomly now that she no longer bothered with walking carefully and that was when happens.

 

Jonghyun turned around searching for Jessica, spotted her at the corner of the room and yelled, “ What the hell are you doing there? Come help me stop this machine!! “ He was braving through the water to drag her here now.

 

“ Hey! Hey! THAT’S MY FAVOURITE DRESS OMG !! “ Jessica screamed, full body lurching forward to catch the floating dress then in a second she had slipped on the heel of her feet, flew up and then landed straight on her .

 

“ HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA “ Jonghyun stood there, hands on his stomach laughing so loud that the whole room turned to look at Jessica. She was flushing red now.

 

“ HELP ME WILL YOU?! WHAT KIND OF A MAN ARE YOU! “ She screamed back, covering the embarrassment in her tone but Jonghyun was still clearly enjoying the moment that was sure to go down in her hall of shame. Jessica could feel the water sipping through her shorts wetting her now.

 

Eventually he stuck out his hands, offering a mocking help and Jessica grabbed it. He conveniently tugged his hand, pulling her up but as she struggled up she pulled her weight heavier on him. Within a second of tugging his arm down, Jessica pulled herself up, sending Jonghyun plunging forward into the soap water.

 

“ AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH “ She stood there laughing now. Jonghyun grabbed the ankle of her feet, sending her into an immediate squeal as she jumped up, flinging his tricky hand away.

 

“ I HATE YOU “ She heard him said in a gurgled voice.

----

 

Thanks to the disaster Jonghyun has made they were both still folding their clean clothes at 7pm.

 

He was having a hard time and Jessica wasn’t being exactly nice in teaching him, “ I told you to do it like this,” she said grabbing the tshirt from him and repeating the procedere again for the 5th time.

 

“ Do you make a living out of folding clothes or something?!”

 

His stomach was grumbling already and they still had another pile to go. Talking about real child abuse..

 

“ Come down here please Jonghyun and Jessica.“ His ears perked up hearing his mum’s calling. Another woman ordering him around.

“ Great what now?!” he snapped.

 

Jessica finished folding her shorts and looked up.“ I don’t know. Diapers for you?” Then they both got up to their feet.

 

Dismissing Jessica with a snort, Jonghyun brushed passed her and hop down the stairs as Jessica followed behind strolling as she whistle.

 

“ Hi darling! “ A familiar voice called out. Standing infront of them both with opened arms was a married couple whose dressing style somewhat was almost identical to his parents, branded from head to toe and suggesting they were probably well off too.

 

“ MUMMY! DADDY!” Jessica cried out.

“ MUM! DAD! “ Jonghyun cried out, too.

WAIT WHAT?!

 

Jessica turned sharply to face Jonghyun, eyes widened in horror only to realize Jonghyun had the exact expression painted across his face.

“ What did you just call my parents?” Jessica demanded.

Jonghyun’s face contoured into an annoyed expression. “ What did you just call my god parents?”

 

Then suddenly the enlightenment struck them both.

Wow.

 

So all these years that Jonghyun had spent in the States living with his god parents ( whom he had also learnt to dearly called mum and dad too ) were actually.. Jessica’s parents?! And this daughter of theirs that they had sent to boarding school in boston is.. Jessica?!

 

Now it suddenly all made sense. His parents couldn’t have just found some random country side girl from nowhere to be his nanny! And to think he didn’t even thought about how his parents were always praising this “well-disciplined and extremely sensible and polite girl” !

This was nuts.

No one could even speak or move.

Just wow. Jessica thought she might have faint. This was all too much!

 

15 minutes later they found themselves seating in the living room as their parents went on in their endless chatter of catching up. Jonghyun’s eyes remained fixed on Jessica as he tried so very hard to find the slightest resemblance between this pale devil and the kind God-parents of his.

Nope. It wasn’t possible. It couldn’t be.

 

“ What’re you staring at?” Jessica hissed silently as her head nods up challengingly. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and looked away finally. Jessica still couldn’t believe it. So this was her parents’ so beloved God son!? Oh gosh.. give her a break. He can hardly chew on food without choking.. is that even anything good in him? So much for “ just helping out a friend”.

 

“ I know we kept it from you guys for a little while but that was because we really wanted to see how you guys would get along as strangers, “ Jessica’s mum began explaining. Her hands instinctively Jessica’s head lovingly. She remained at her position receiving the room even though she was pouting.

 

“ Not working out too well is it? “ Jonghyun mumbled under his breath, not really intending for it to be heard.

 

“ You didn’t tell me your daughter was such a nazi ! “ Jonghyun protested to his God parents, and everybody, including his real parents laughed heartily, obviously mistaking that it was a joke. The irony was that it was true, this whole thing felt just a stupid sick joke. That he had to spent his time with this rather violent Jessica and deal with the fact that she is somewhat his God sister.

 

“ Just get along okay? We’ll come by and visit often, we promise,” Jessica’s father reassured both of the angsty kids as he gave Jonghyun an encouraging pat on the back. Jonghyun smiled and looked at him, he missed him so much. All those times they spent together fishing and doing all those fun activities. He loved them like his real parents. Why did they gave birth to such a monster?

 

“ So how long do I have to be here? I mean you guys are gonna move back soon right? I’m really looking forward to moving back in with you guys,no offense of course Mr and Mrs. Kim, I really appreciate and enjoy your hospitality too! “ Jessica asked earnestly, even if coaching this guy was quite a pain in the but the thought of seeing the end to it cheered her up a little.

 

“ Oh.. well about that.. “ her parents exchanged what seemed like awkward glances. “ ..there’s a little problem we have to tend to back in the states for a little while or at least till you graduate, it’s gonna take us a little more time to move back here so you’re gonna have to stay here for quite a while okay? “ her mum finally explained.

 

What? Jessica couldn’t even digest.

Does that mean she have to actually spend a year or possibly longer living with Kim Jonghyun?!

 

“ But.. “ both Jessica and Jonghyun blurt out. For once they were actually in sync, though not exactly with good feelings.

 

“ Don’t worry we’ll take very good care of her, we’ll treat her like our own, she’s really such a sweet girl! “ Jonghyun’s mum was already in the middle of the slave sell off contract, or at least that’s what it felt like.

 

“ I have to live with Jonghyun for a year?!” Jessica exclaimed, then she lowered down her voice as she remembered about mannerism.. Urgh. So overrated right now.

 

“ You have always been flexible and we know you’re gonna adjust and blend in well sooner or later kiddo,” her father offered. But it wasn’t making her feel any better.

 

“ I’m not gonna live with her for a year! I can’t! “Jonghyun argued loudly. But no one seemed to care. Then just at the perfect timing Jonghyun’s phone vibrated and the loud ringtone blasted into hearing. It was Se kyung.

 

“ I told you not to turn your blueberry off when there are guests around! “ Mrs.Kim immediately reminded her son.

 

“ It’s a blackberry.” Jonghyun and Jessica corrected her together.

 

Mrs.Kim face looks visibly flushed and embarrassed. “ Okay well.. whatever that is.. please turn it off.”

 

“ Well it’s getting pretty late now and we should make a move, take care okay you two? We love you. “ Jessica’s mum dismissed the situation finally as she stood up and drew both of them into a tight hug.

 

“ But mum! “ Jonghyun said again, then he was hushed again.

 

Then within seconds of letting go they were all halfway out the door, Jessica was left standing by his side, looking equally if not more defeated and upset with life.

 

“ Does anybody care what I think?” He finally snapped after them.

 

“ No. “ came back the perfectly harmonized answer.

Jessica rolled her eyes, grunted loudly and dragged her feet along to catch up with her parents.

 

To make matters worse, Jonghyun realized, not only was he doomed to live with this Jessica for at least a year, his girlfriend was also being unreasonable and angry again for cutting her call and not being able to spend much time with her like before. He reminded himself her birthday is not too far away, maybe she’ll be more understanding by then and appreciate his gift too.

-