Chapter 25

I'm your nanny

It was morning. She had insisted for TOP to send her home because she didn't want him to get the wrong idea. It was silly enough of her to go to him at her weakest time, and now she had to withdraw herself before its too late. 

Se kyung’s words are going round and round in her brain, until she wants to throw up.

It can’t be true. She keep telling herself. It can’t be.

She’s not the type to listen or give a about anyone especially shallow people like her. But when its anything concerning Jonghyun she couldn’t help but listen, believe and ponder over it. Perhaps that was how much she cared about him.

She climbed up the stairs and just at the corner of the corridor she hears Jonghyung moving around in his room.

“ You’re back?” he calls out.

’s too tight to answer. She feels paralysed. At last Jonghyun pops his head round the door. He’s already dressed in his uniform and washed up himself fast without her help. His school tie is hung loosely around his neck, ready for her to tie it like she always do.

She stare at him wordlessly. Are you using me just to replace Se Kyung?

Do you not have any real genuine feelings for me?

“ Help me with this will you?”  he smiled playfully.

She feel like she’s standing on a cliff-edge.

She can’t do it. She can’t confront him, she’s too frightened to hear the answer.

“ Don’t you already know how to tie it? I’ll go get ready.Let's meet in school.” She whisper, unable to meet his eyes. “You go first, I'll get there myself”

She head straight into the bathroom and wash her face for a few times, hoping it’ll make her feel better. But it doesn’t. As she catch a sight of her reflection in the mirror, she looks scared and pale.

Jonghyun stomach cureld into a horrible twist and he felt his heart sank. What was he doing? If he couldn't explain it to her, then he must at least get it right with Sekyung.

Jessica did not appear in his sight till lunch time, and even when he saw her, he did not feel better because the look on her face was depressing. The once lively girl was not in her. Instead, a pale, sad and heartbroken girl was visible. No doubt he was sure now that Jessica like him too, but somehow it didn't make him feel better. Now he wished she would have liked TOP instead, then he wouldn't have been able to hurt her and left her like this. 

Prompted to do something, he immediately left the cafeteria. 

" Where're you going?" Minho called out after him. But Jonghyun didn't hear it. He was already bursting his way out to find Sekyung. And when he did, he would pull her up the rooftop. The stresses of the day seem to be focusing in a laser of fury. He’ve had it. He’ve just had it. He’s going to find Se kyung and he’s going to finish this. Once and for all. He’ve never been more itching for a showdown in whole life.

Seeing how Jonghyun had left abruptly, Jessica heart hurt.

Was she too harsh? What was she doing, liking Jonghyun by herself and getting angry when he didn't return the feeling? What rights does she have to be demanding him to like her back anyway? Looking back now, it must seem too petty of her to be this way. Even if she couldn't be with him, she could at least want the best for him and let him be happy with who he loves even if it wasn't her, this much she could manage.

And so she decided that she should make that clear to him. And tell him that he was mistaken, she wasn't angry at him for not liking her. But it was all her own fault. She had to salvage this friendship at least.

--

Jessica found herself following Jonghyun up the rooftop.

" What is he doing up here anyway? He can't be.. committing suicide can he?" She began to panic inside.

But it all slided away when she saw that Jonghyun was now standing infront of Sekyung, deep in conversation.

Right. What was she thinking. Of course a couple would meet. That's only right. Why would she be so upset? She could just find him another day. Just ignore this aching in my heart, she told herself. But as she spun around, she could hear Sekyung's voice that was at the verge of breaking now. It was loud because she was screaming.

“ She came and destroyed everything! She stole you away and you can’t even see it! “ Se kyung’s voice is suddenly throbbing, as though she can’t control a long-buried anger. “ You broke up with me because you were busy spending all your time with her! “

“ I didn’t break up with you because I spent all my time with her! “ Jonghyun raised his voice, exasperated. “ I broke up with you because I realized I wanted to spend all my time with her, not you! I found out that you weren’t the girl that I wanted to spend all my time with because I don’t feel the same happiness and fun I do with Jessica. It wouldn’t have made any difference if we spent all our times together. You’re just not the one and I realized that I’ve never really liked you, that’s why I ended it! “

Se Kyung looks as though Jonghyun just hit her. For a few seconds she appears speechless- then she caught Jessica standing behind Jonghyun. And her eyes focus on Jessica with such aggression that Jonghyun was even shocked.

“ You’re just not the one for me okay? I’m sorry.” He said apologetically.

“ And she is?” she demands with a savage gesture. Pointing at Jessica as Jonghyun turned around, realizing that she was there all along.

“This mindless, rude, ungraceful .. girl is who you want to spend all your days with? Jonghyun, she has no depth! She has no manners! All she cares about is doing her job to discipline you and get her pay!”

The blood has drained away from Jessica’s face and she feels angered. She’ve never heard such a ridiculous accusation. She certainly weren’t doing this for the money, in fact, she probably had much more than Se Kyung could ever have.

She glace over at Jonghyun. His nostrils flared and a vein is beating in his head.

“ Don’t you dare talk about Jessica like that. “ His voice was so steely, even Jessica was abit scared. “ Don’t you dare.”

“ Come on, Jonghyun,” Se kyung gives a mocking little laugh. “ I grant you she’s pretty-“

“ Se kyung, you don’t even know what you’re talking about,” says Jonghyun evenly.

“ She’s horrible! “ cries Se kyung. “ She’s nothing compared to me! Why the hell did you choose her?”

 

There’s an intake of breath. No one moves for about thirty seconds. Jonghyun looks a bit stunned to have been asked such a blatant question.

God, Jessica wonder what he’s going to say. Please not something about her cooking skills... Or her grandmother undies.

 

“ Why did I choose Jessica?” he echoes at last, in such a strange voice that Jessica think maybe he’s suddenly wondering himself, and realizing he made a terrible mistake.

All of a sudden she feels a bit cold and a bit scared.

And still Jonghyun haven’t said anything.

 

So they waited.

“ Have you ever spent time with Jessica?” he asked. Se kyung stared at him with tears b in her eyes. “ She’s more amazing that you can ever dream of. No one is like her. I love her, every single bit of her and I don’t think I can ever feel this way about someone. I just can’t even imagine spending any day without her or what I would do if she’s not here. I just can’t because I love her too much. She makes my morning bearable to wake up to, she makes me feel like driving to school is fun, she turns every boring thing in the world like washing clothes fun , she makes me feel responsible, she believes in me and she made me see things I haven’t seen before. She’s the best person I’ve ever known. “ He completed.

Turning to Jessica, he continued “ I pick out all the cucumbers in my food subconsciously because you said it has a weird smell, I change my cologne to the one you like..And ever since you said that I looked like a dinosaur I’ve never passed a dinosaur picture without giving it a look. I don’t know how to explain this but I guess it just means that.. I love you right?" he finished. Almost breatheless.

 

By now, both Jessica and Se kyung were crying. But for two very different reasons.

Se kyung looked as if the truth just slapped her face. And being defeated for the last time, she only managed out. 

" I'm sorry. I'll be gone now. I'll be better off without you two anyways."

And she left, permanently.

As Jonghyun took a step towards the door way and Jessica, his heart couldn’t stop beating endlessly. His breathing started to deepen.

It was really happening. With every step they both took forward they were coming closer and closer. Then when they came close enough to touch it was a magical moment. Jessica wrapped her arms around him. And slowly, very slowly all the pain and worry locked within him flew away. His senses were filled with her body, her perfume, her presence. I took her hands and squeezed them gently.

 

“ What are you doing here?” He asked stupidly.

 

“ I’ve come to save you,” she replied.

 

“ Save me from what? Se kyung?”

 

“ Washing clothes without flooding the house, eating cookies in bed, growing fat and old and lonely without me.”

 

They both laughed.

 

“ And I wanna marry you” Jessica added, shly.

 

Jonghyun smirked. “ I knew that.”

 

“ No you didn’t.”

 

He hugged her tighter. “ Yes I did. From that first time I asked you on the bed in Bali. I knew you wanted me so badly you couldn’t even wait.” 

--

Later that night

“ You know we do have a lot of similarities, maybe we’re like distantly related”, Jessica joked, as she stoked his hair. He was lying on her lap.


“ No! I’m your boyfriend,” he argued and laughed softly. “ I don’t wanna be your cousin." 

He reached up to kiss her cheeks. " Besides I love you too much"

Jessica stared back at him, with the sweetest smile he'd always hope to see.

"That is true." she replied, " I love you too."

And with a swift move, Jonghyun has gotten up on his feet and scoop Jessica up in his arms.

He was racing up the stairs now, and didn't stop till they were infront of the room.

" What are you doing?!" Jessica screamed and laughed at the same time as he placed her down. 

He stepped forward and putting his hand on the back of her neck, he lifted up her hair as he pulled her gently towards him. She felt her breath catch in and then his lips on hers, searchingly. Before she was even aware of it, she put her hands on his shoulders and he pulled her close. He tasted so good and -- held herself against his body, hungry for him. The pulled apart breathlessly, both shocked by their passion.

" Goodnight, " he said eventually, and closed the door infront of her face

" Wait- " she called out after him with no hesitation.

He turned around, eyebrow furrowed together is a cute curiosity.

" This is our bedroom isn't it? Why are you closing the door on me?!" She argued. And with a cheeky smile he closed it right infront of her face.

" Only if you say you love me a thousand times then i'll open it, " He shouted over the door, teasing her.

Jessica rolled her eyes as Jonghyun opened the door and grabbed her inside.

 

end

sorry guys I took too long to complete. I fell into depression and took very long to recovered. Now that I'm back I've finally completed this. I can't thank you enough for all your support an comments they mean the world to me :) I appreciate every single comment ! Hope you guys enjoyed it !

also, i've been thinking about starting on an EXO fanfic but I haven't started to ship them with anyone yet. ( sorry guys i only write boy/girl pairings :( Please give me an idea on what pairings you'd like please! :) thanks!