The engagement

I'm your nanny

 

Friday evening hadn’t got off the greatest of starts as far as Jonghyun was concerned.

Apparently the news of him and Sekyung had spread faster than he could imagine in which he was the bad person. Though he didn’t really mind, it still felt better than him being with her and not exactly having anymore feelings for her.

And by lunch time he was certain that everyone in school must have known about them already.

 

“ Took you long enough.” Key commented as Jonghyun took a seat beside him.

 

“ Took what?” Jessica asked as she returned with her tray. Key gestured for her to take a seat beside Jonghyun. Jessica hesitated but Tiffany and Minho pushed her forward, urging to take a seat. And somehow she and Jonghyun has ended up sitting side by side for lunch in school, for the first time. Strangely enough she felt like somehow this was the new seating arrangement that was gonna be permanent. Shooting suspicious glares at everyone, she could see Onew and the rest giggling, contented with their plan that had succeeded.

 

“ But she’s delusional. I heard her arguing that you guys are still together and it’s just a short break or whatever.. “ Sooyoung commented.

 

“ Well so what do you say? Is that true?” Taeyeon asked again.

 

“ Whatever she says.. “ Jonghyun mumbled. And almost immediately he could see everyone rolling their eyes in their disappointment and went back to eating.

 

“ Okay, why is everyone speaking alien? What’s going on?” Jessica eyed jonghyun suspiciously and he suddenly felt a rush of nervouness coming over him. How was he supposed to say it? I dumped Se kyung for you? And he wasn’t even sure if that’s what happened in the first place.

 

“ Yuri will tell you sooner or later I guess.. “ he trailed off and began eating his burger.

 

Yuri looked over at Jessica, meeting her confused eyes and gave a don’t-worry-I’ll-fill-you-in look.

 

--

 

By midday Jessica had found out about everything which made her stomach churned just right about every second she thinks about it again.

She was being illogical and utterly confused about how to feel: should she not care, care a little, care a lot or even to the extent of being happy?

 

Somehow, she was inclined to feel happy about it. And she didn’t want to admit that it might possibly be because that maybe, just maybe Jonghyun did that because of her.

 

She wanted so badly to ask him right now and get all her answers so that she wouldn’t have to feel so weird and caught in between like this.

The thought of calling him had briefly crossed her mind but she had rejected the idea on the basis that

 a) they are both in school and it’s just lame to call him if they are in the same place

b) she had no reason to be concern about why he broke up; she wasn’t his mother

c) and the last thing she needed was for him to point that out to her.

 

Her textbooks were close to slipping off her tiny arms as she walked aimlessly forward, then her forehead went knocking hard against a palm.

“ Earth to you” Jonghyun said.

 

“ What do you want?” Jessica replied, slightly nervous and panicky.

 

“ What do I want? More of like, do you want a ride home?”

 

“ it’s fine. I drove.” She said, then brushed pass him. “ But thank you for the offer.” She added cautiously. Her steps were moving even faster than before, she wasn’t gonna face him till she can grab a hold of herself.

 

Come on Jessica, this isn’t like you!! You should not be happy that Kim Jonghyun and Shin Sekyung broke up!

 

Watching Jessica passed by, Minho grabbed Jonghyun by his neck and dragged him along somewhere that Jonghyun couldn’t see and know.

 

“ Quit staring at her dude, you live together for god sake isn’t it enough? Now its time to spend some time with your bros, we’re gonna play soccer and you are coming even though you at it.”

 

“ Then why the hell are you dragging me there for? I can’t play for nuts!”

 

“ Shut up. You can pick up the balls. “  Minho mumbled, “ and clean our sweat.”

 

--

 

By 7.30pm Jonghyun was back home now, it has been awhile since he last spent time with his boys and feel this carefree.. no studying.. no chores and most importantly, no sekyu-

 

“ Jonghyun!” a familiar voice called out.

 

He paused his right feet that was already on the first step of the stairs and turned around, looking at the source of this feminine voice that was coming from the study room.

 

Sekyung?

 

 

" Sekyung! What are you doing here?" Jonghyun blurt out. What was she doing here? And how.. and why?! 

 

“ I came here to tell find you.. I’m sorry.. I guess I’m just not in my right mind..” she began, voice shaking and she looks as though she haven’t had sleep for about 2 days. Which jonghyun figured might just be it.

 

“ What do you wanna tell me? You could have just called me.. Why are you even showing up at my house?! Come on sekyung.. GOD! “

 

Shocked by his tone that were unlike before, Sekyung could feel her tears swelling up in her eyes, angered by the lack of concern and apparent unsatifaction Jonghyun had about her turn up.

 

“ I just think that perhaps we need to take another step further so that we can get over this phrase together and strengthen our relationship! “ She said in a voice that was growing louder.

 

“ What do you mean take a step  further? Okay.. “ Jonghyun closed his eyes and took a deep breath in.

 

“ I take back what I said earlier okay? You know what.. I have had some time to think.. and I’m sorry I didn’t make it clear,” he continued, “ I think we shouldn’t take a break, I think we should break up for good..”

 

Jonghyun looked up, afraid of what he might see and right infront of his eyes was a girl, eyes red and spilling out hot tears that were more of anger rather than anything else.

 

“ I’m sorry..” Jonghyun didn’t know what to do. But by now he had began to worry about his parents.. he couldn’t know about sekyung and everything!

 

“ Is it because of her?” Sekyung pointed right out, and Jonghyun turned around and followed it.

 

Standing right at the doorway was Jessica who had seemed more confused than ever. But realizing what was happening, her face had instantly changed.

 

“ Don’t point at me. It’s rude. Don’t you have any manners?” Jessica shot back, as she continued walking towards the stairs, brushed her shoulders passed Jonghyun then Sekyung.

 

She hadn’t expect to come home to a full blown break up session where she was the third party but whatever it is, she didn’t know why her heart felt a stab of pain.

 

“ It’s because of her isn’t it!? “ Sekyung repeated herself, this time in a louder voice and it had seemed that she had lost it all.

 

“ GOD SEKYUNG KEEP IT DOWN WILL YOU!?” Jonghyun was losing his patience.

 

Then from the corner of his ears he could hear Jessica’s nonchalant footsteps up the stairs stopping.

 

“ You’re back early today dear!“

 

Jonghyun heard his mum’s voice.

 

The next two hours had gone by terribly and in a complete disaster that Jonghyun couldn’t believe he had survived it.

 

After everyone had gotten over the shock of the sudden turn up of a relatively bewildered and crazy girl, they had sat down together and that’s when things had begun to turn bad. Jonghyun wasn’t quite sure how it all started but within minutes his parents had found out about everything, the debt he’s been paying, the beat up.. and everything else. And he figured his parents must have been considerably upset about the whole issue, particularly his mother who had not seemed to be impressed by Sekyung the least but had put up her best to tell sekyung to leave.

 

And after sekyung’s refusal to leave without “settling her issues with Jonghyun”, it seemed that his parents must have realized what he wanted to, because his whole life was then changed the moment the words came out.

 

“ I’m sorry Sekyung. But you’ll have to leave. Jessica and Jonghyun are going to get engage. As soon as all the arrangements are made it will happen. It’s the final decision and we appreciate your respect and understanding to support them from your position as their schoolmate. “

 

Jessica literally felt her heart stopped beating.

Was this really happening? She didn’t know what to feel.

But the next thing she knew, Sekyung had dropped the glass of water in her hands.

 

This was really beginning to look like a dramatic scene from a soap opera.

 

“ NO! “ Sekyung retorted and that had just about confirmed Jonghyun’s speculation that Sekyung had already lost it altogether.

 

“ If you please, it has been a long day and I would like for our family to rest. If you don’t mind we will not be sending you out but these ladies here would be glad to guide you to the gate,” his mum said with a firm voice and stood up.

 

Seated rooted to the chair, Sekyung looked in a daze. She couldn’t believe what she had just heard.

 

“ Great.. now I’m really convinced our parents still think we live in ancient china.. arranged marriage? What’s next? Sending me to fight with north korea?” Jonghyun mumbled to himself as he, too got up from his seat.

 

“ Get up please.. I’ll drive you home/” Jonghyun offered out his hands to Sekyung.

“NO”

Jessica blurted out instantly before she could stopped. And everyone turned to look at her. Great.. what am I doing?!

 

Jonghyun was shocked, he really hadn’t expect this from Jessica.. this is new..

Jessica wasn't sure why she had said that, but the thought of jonghyun sending this insane girl home seemed to annoyed her more than anything else, second from her disgusting hair.

Breaking the silence, Jonghyun's father stepped forward.“ She's right. I don’t think it will be appropriate to do that son. We have plently of drivers to see this young lady home. I think its best we all rest now." He said and with that, it had seemed that everyone's fate was sealed.

A new story was beginning.

 

--

Hi guys im back after a long while.. I went through some hard times with my family and it was really difficult for me to write and all.. im so sorry ! but anw im back now :) since its hols and im getting back to work i might take sometime to write but i'll try to update once a week alright? thank you for all yoru support, reading through the comments made me teared :')  if nothing goes wrong i should be able to post up another chapter or two tomorrow too. Please keep reading and supporting, i really love and appreciate all your comments :) thank you guys <3