Chapter 15

I'm your nanny

At 6.30 am, Jonghyun was up. And with some effort, he had managed to slip out of Jessica's arm, put on something decent and left home. He needed fresh air.

“ So, what’s the problem Mr.Kim?” asked Minho.

“ Who said there was a problem?” replied Jonghyun, as he crossed the road cautiously with freshly baked buns in his hands. “ Can’t a man just call his best friend for a chat?”

“ Yeah he can,” replied Minho. “ But not on a early Saturday morning. So let’s get to the point. What’s going on? Something happened to you last night?”

“ How did you-“ Jonghyun werent aware of minho's mind reading ability all these while.

“ Dude, you’re calling me at 7 a.m and you’re not home because I can hear traffic. Have you been out all night? You’re really enjoying the freedom huh ”

“ Not exactly,” said Jonghyun, who was already walking through his house gate now. “ Nothing like that, it’s just, well.. I need your opinion as an impartial observer,”

“ Impartial observer? Wow. I think I need to hire Jessica as my nanny too man, she’s definitely good. Great vocab bro,” Minho teased and laughed. But Jonghyun didn’t seemed quite as amused, though he did realized the change in the way he speak and well, in a lot of ways too. But not that it mattered.

“ No seriously.. I need help.”

Minho gave a lazy yawn. “ Shoot.”

“ Jessica and I kinda made out last night. But she was drunk. And technically its not wrong because we’re engaged and I broke up with Sekyung but I don’t know.. And I heard her confessing that she likes me which I don’t know why makes my heart beat just thinking about it again. This is so gay dude, I feel gay. What’s happening to me? I need to know if its normal to feel this way. I am confused and I don’t know how to react to this ”

Minho was quiet for a moment. And jonghyun was worried he might have fallen back asleep but finally he spoke lazily, “ so you’re calling me this early in the morning because you can’t see that you like her and how to react to this feeling? Okay simple: You clearly like her and she likes you too. Congrats! Throw a party, get married. Oh wait you will, okay great call me when you guys do, I’d be there! I’m hanging up”

“ WAIT!” Jonghyun protested. “ Who said anything about me liking her?! ”

“ Everyone knows and it’s obvious even when you were still with sekyung. But hey for the record, we do like Jessica and no one really ever liked Se kyung now that I think about it. Whatever it is, I need my sleep right now and you two need to confess to each other. You love her to death, I’m possibly sure.”

“ This isn’t true..”

“ I’m not gonna spend another minute to convince you of the truth. I’m hanging up man. Bye.” Minho mumbled then he really had hung up. Jonghyun pulled his blackberry back and stared at the screen,bewildered.

Minho couldn’t be right. There must be a reason he could work out that would explain why he felt funny about all these. And why he felt happy about the whole incident.

--

Soft footsteps coming towards her had triggered Jessica’s journey from sleep to semi-consciousness. She cracked open an eyelid. The left side of her face was buried in a pillow so she scanned the room with her right eye. She could see an unfamiliar YET awfully familiar clock standing on the small table by the bed. She closed her eyes and rested it while she took a few slow, deep breaths and tried to recall why she felt so rough. Am I ill?.. Or have I drank so much last night that I was drunk? That’s it, I know I’d get it eventually.

All these while as Jessica laid lazily in his bed, Jonghyun had been sitting on his couch, watching amusingly as she tried to figure out what’s going, falling asleep every few minutes then waking up again like a little lost kitten. “ Fancy some breakfast?” he asked.

Jessica’s eyes flew wide open, her ears perked up.

She knew it. This wasn’t her room. It was familiar because it’s jonghyun’s room! And.. this was his bed she was sleeping in.

She sprang up immediately to a sitting position. Her hands pulling the blanket up to cover her body as well. Then she felt the thin strap of her top sliding down her right shoulder.

She gasped.

“ OH MY GOD YOU BASTARD!! “ She screamed at the top of her lungs, throwing the nearest pillow at him. Jonghyun dodged, confused as hell to what was happening as he hid behind his tv.

“ HOLD ON WAIT WAIT. I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING TO YOU! “

“ THEN WHY AM I IN THIS TOP?! WHERE IS MY SWEATER?!”

Well you complained that it was warm.. so you began taking it all off by yourself slowly piece by piece.. “ Jonghyun said, mimicking the action of her taking clothes off. Jessica screamed and covered her ears, her hair was in a big mess. Jonghyun roared in laughter as he watched her freak out.

“ IM KIDDING! I don’t know! How would I know what you’ve done with it?! You could have worn it as your pants for all I care.. You came up to my bed here all by yourself! I didn’t remove anything from you! “

" You swear?! " Jessica demanded. 

" I swear. " He assured her, barely holding the laughter back which erupted as soon as he finished his last word. 

" URGH STOP LAUGHING AT ME! " 

----

With much effort Jessica had finally managed to wash herself up and nurse her headache from the hangover with some home-made soup by Jonghyun.

" You know you don't have to try so hard to be nice to me. There's no way I'm gonna ever fall for you and go through with this engagement", Jessica remarked with the best noncholant voice she could manage. She felt quite bitter about how bad she was turning this otherwise would have been a lovey dovey moment with Jonghyun as he was watching her drinking the soup he prepared for her. 

" Is that your way of testing me?" He challenged back, smirking a little. 

" Testing what?"

" What I would reply, if I was gonna tell you that I won't stop being nicer to you because I like you?" 

" NO! God what is wrong with you... " Jessica felt slightly embarrassed. Then she realized he was sort of right.. she was trying to be the meanest she could to see if Jonghyun was really gonna continue being nice to her.. and maybe show her that he did, maybe really like her.

" Okay fine, " he laughed. " You don't have to be so mean all the time.. afterall we're lovers now"

" NO WE AREN'T SHUT UP" she said, and continued drinking the soup. It didn't taste that bad actually.. or maybe it's even good. Isn't there anything about him right now that she can hate?!

" Do you like me?" 

Jessica choked. She looked at Jonghyun, but he wasn't smiling. He was looking more serious than ever.

" What are you talking about..of course not! Who told you that?! " She frowned, and looked away to avoid his eye contact.

" Funny.. " Jonghyun mumbled and smiled again.

" What is?!" Jessica shot back.

" You told me you like me last night.. "

" WHAT?!" Jessica spat out, in utter shock and Jonghyun making such a daring statement.

" Yeah didn't you remember? " Jonghyun laughed, and he knew this was gonna be fun. " You were like all over me, and then we had this incredible kiss and it was like i knew you just wanted to be my fiancee from the start.. " 

And now Jessica could feel her whole face burning. This was humiliating! And just right then, out of nowhere, her head was banging and thumping. And flashes of images came back. Images of her.. kissing Jonghyun.

OH MY GOD. This can't be true. Did I really do that?!

Studying from the look on Jessica's face that went to angry, confused, then even angrier, jonghyun knew she must have already remembered it, and he couldn't help but smile even wider in knowing that she was so agitated that she couldn't even speak a word.

" Well so are you gonna spea-" Jonghyun didnt even finish when Jessica babbled to cut him. "Okay whatever happened last night was a mistake okay?! It was because if I was sober I would never had done such a degrading thing to myself with somebody like you. Someone who has no heart and feelings someone who sees girls as just an object to amuse you! I don't know what you think it was but whatever it is, you were an for letting it happen! "

Jessica finally let it out. There it was, plain and honest. Though a tad too harsh.. She pushed away her bowl of soup. She was done having it, there was no more appetite left. 

Seemingly taken aback, Jonghyun was quiet. Then with a new, serious expression on his face, he flared back at her.

“ Excuse me,” Jonghyun said, looking angrier than ever now, instead of incredulous. “So you are blaming me for what happened?! I didn't make you do anything! And were we not in the same room last night? Because- correct me if I’m wrong- you seemed to be pretty active participant in the kissing too. “

“ That! “ she said immediately in nervous defense and stab a finger into his chest. “ You… You were taking advantage of me ! “.

“ Yes, I’m sure. I was taking advantage of you while you came on to me, mumbling that you love me blah blah blah”

“ I DID NOT! “

“ You know it yourself whether you have.” 

Then he got up and walked away. He felt like a fool. And a very confused one. What had he done to make her hate him so much and what happened last night had seemed to be nothing more than just a mistake to her. Everything was just confusing him even more. But one thing he knew for sure was that Jessica definitely didn't mean what she said about loving, or even liking him. And even though he didn't know why that made him so horrible, he told himself that if she didn;t like him, there was no reason for him to ever like her too.