Chapter 16

I'm your nanny

By evening Jessica had felt incredibly bad for what happened epecially seeing Jonghyun stomped off . She haven't seem him this frustrated before and she wanted to apologize, but she didn't know how. But she figured she had to do something because afterall they were gonna spend everynight in the same room and remaining angry with each other was just gonna make things more awkward than it has to be.

" Hey.. " 

Jonghyun didn't seem to hear her from the tv, either that or he was ignoring her. 

" You hungry?" She suggest encouragingly. Her body posture suggests that she was nervous because her legs were all tanggled together, not to mention her arms that were just flinging awkwardly.

There was silence. Jonghyun didn't budge from the couch. 

 Jessica could slowly feel her feet slowly dragging themselves back because Jonghyun was clearly still angry with her. Dinner together probably didn't seem like a good thing right now. Why did she even ask...

" And by the way.. I'm.. sorry for what I said just now. I was just angry so I probably said stuffs that I didn't mean and you shouldnt think too much about it too.. and don't skip dinner !" she said quickly before turning her head around. 

Then she heard his voice.

"How about Japanese?" 

She heaved out a sigh of relief and turned around almost instantly.

" Why not?" Jessica smiled. She had never been happier to have sushi for dinner.

" But you're driving. " He said again, getting up to go change now. Jessica's eyes trailed him as his climbed the stairs, you little sneaky thing.. don't go too far.. grrrr

Within minutes they were already on their way. Jonghyun's mood had noticebly lightened up and he was whistling to Katy Perry's song.

" Your driving improved " Jonghyun commented.

" Uh.. thanks.. " she replied. Things haven't exactly gotten much less awkward.

" So have you made up your mind?" 

Jessica's body stiffened. Made up her mind about what?! Whether she likes him or Top!?! 

Jonghyun looked over and seemed amused. 

" I was talking about what you're gonna order later.. relax.. " He said, patting her head.

" Don't do that!! " She exclaimed.

" Why not? You can't stop me" Jonghyun tapped her head again.

" Stop doing it! " She said, trying to focus on the road while pushing his hands away from her head profusely. He was clearly laughing and enjoying this.

" Okay okay.. i'll stop.. just drive properly I don't wanna die young.." He laughed just as she did too. " See," Jonghyun said leaning his head back, " Now you're acting like yourself and stop being so awkward.It was too strange having you being so polite to me " 

Jessica turned and gave him a sarcastic smile. And he knew they were back to their love-hate relationship that was definitely more fun than whatever that was happening for the whole day.

" So anyway, where were you last night? Who made you so drunk?" He asked cautiously, being careful not to make it obvious that he cared and he certainly didn't want to.

" Oh.. I was out with TOP"

" TOP?"

" Yeah TOP", she sensed his disbelief. " Is that so hard to believe that the hottest guy in the school asked me out a date? You know I'm pretty attractive too to be honest"

But instead of shooting back with a vicious or stupid comment Jonghyun just laughed. " Hottest guy in school? I see you have a weird taste"

" No I don't! You're just jealous.."

" Of TOP?"

" YES"

" What do I have to be jealous about.. come on.. with these rock hard abs on me? I would think he has to be jealous of me! "

" Oh please," Jessica laughed, " you're just a short dinosaur!"

" Is that your attempt of saying that I'm cute?" He .

" Just shut up will you? " She rolled her eyes. As if he had to keep reminding her how she secretly found him cute..

“So.. " Jessica hummed. "Why do you even agree?”

" Agree to what?" 

" You know.. to the engagement. You know it's not the best way to get rid of your ex girlfriend right?"

“ I didn’t have a choice?” He answered simply.

But Jessica was not buying it. The jonghyun she knew always had a choice for everything. If he didn't like her there must be a good explanation why he had agreed to it.

“ I’m not gonna buy that. You had a choice. You could have done a lot of things to escape from this... so why?”

Jonghyun didn't know what to reply.. He just agree because he felt like it.. But that would mean he.. felt like wanting to be with her?! That doesn't make sense..

“ Okay fine. I hate TOP. And I will not let him have you. You’re gonna be mine and he’ll be miserable. That is all I want.”, he lied. To save himself from embarrassing questions he supposed.

Jessica kept silent. That seemed like the stupiest yet convincing answer. But even then, at least she knew for sure the reason that he agreed wasn't because he had some feelings for her.

“ You’re a selfish bastard.” She told him.

“ Damn right I am. “ Jonghyun acknowledge it. 

" You know you're never gonna have me." 

" And why are you so sure?" He asked back. Out of a sudden, he felt like she was challenging him. And he was more than keen to take it.

" I could ask you the same."

Jonghyun smirked, he had always loved how witty Jessica was.

" Fair enough. If you don't grow to like me before we end the engagement I'll admit I've lost and i will admit that TOP is better than me. But if you lose you'll have to marry me"

Jessica laughed nervously. " Marry you? Isn't that too much of a punishment? And you're gonna marry someone who you don't even love?"

" I can always date other women even after ive married you. The point is to torture you."

Jessica couldn't believe him! This guy is crazy! What a gut!

" Deal. Prepare to marry yourself dinosaur! I have my eyes on TOP and nothing will change that. Especially a stupid crazy person like you!" she said, turning into the carpark of the Japanese restaurant.

As she pull the car to a stop, Jonghyun leaned in towards her and briefly held her chin up, “ Well tough luck, because you’re gonna fall for me.” He said, flashing her one of his adorable smiles and got himself out of the car, leaving Jessica stuck with her seatbelt. 

--

Dinner had never been this good and both of them had ended up eating more than they could handle. 

" Slow down. Your tummy is gonna burst out of that jeans and I'm not gonna help you zip it up again " Jonghyun joked as he watched Jessica stuff more sushi into her small little mouth. With both cheeks puffed up like a little hamster Jonghyun found himself struggling to without the urge to hug her.

" Oh my god.. you just had to remind me of that! " She said, laughing and almost choking as she did so. 

" Slow down! You're gonna die! " Jonghyun poured a cup of warm water and pushed it towards her.

By 9pm they were convinced sushi wasn't gonna be in their dinner menu for a long long time.

" I can't wait to get home! " Jonghyun exclaimed as he rubbed his stomach.

" Yeah.. I wanna shower and jump into bed right now!" She added before realizing what she had just said. Looking at Jonghyun, he already had a cheeky smile on his face.

" Our bed you mean?"

" oh my god....... " She groaned and buried her head into her arms. 

--------

“ Stop fidgeting will you? I can’t sleep” Jonghyun grumbled as Jessica continually flip back and forth on the bed. It was starting to drive him nuts.

“ This bed is too small for both of us! “ She whined.

Lying side by side on the King size bed, it was hardly small if it hadn't been for the barrier in between them that restricted Jonghyun of any movement. "It is not small. The bloody pillows in between us are taking up space and you were the one who wanted them there in the first place!” He explained in growing frustrations.

“ Stop moving.” He warned her as she flipped again.

“ I can’t sleep” 

And that was it. He was gonna solve this ridiculous problem once and for all.

In a second, Jonghyun turned around, grabbed the pillows between them and threw them out of bed. He inched in instantly, pulling Jessica by her waist and arm into his arms. And she was cradled tightly in his arms now.

“ WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” She said, struggling.

“ Shhhh” He hush her, with his eyes closed and his arms cradled tigher around her. It was warm and she felt fuzzy inside. It was good that they were both lying down because if they were standing up she was quite certain she would have wobbled and fell down.

“ You talk too much. I need to sleep and you should too.” He told her. And it was hard not to listen to him because the warmth from his arm that was so comfortable in this cold room was making her give up the fight to struggle out.

“ Not like this...” She said rather softly.

“ Why not. You’re my fiancée. I can do anything to you. I can do even more you know that?” He teased. And he could hear her soft shriek as her body stiffened.

“ You’re disgusting! “ She eventually said.

“ Nah. You really wanna see me being disgusting?” He said, sliding his arms on her waist up. Immediately Jessica hit him and he stopped, laughing heartily.

And for awhile it became quiet. Jessica wasn’t sure if he had fallen asleep but she knew she couldn’t. Why was he doing this?

Did he really thought nothing of this whole thing and just took her as a prize to win over? And did he also expected her to think nothing of whatever he was doing to her just because she denied that she didn’t like him but TOP instead? But what girl could stand against this even if she liked someone else.. it just didn't seem fair that he was doing this to her. 

Or perhaps he was just sleepy and really annoyed with her tossing and turning.. he didn't think of what he was doing beyond than just getting to sleep in peace with her as a convenient bolstor

Either that or he knew exactly what he was doing. Which, lets face it, was infinitely more likely. She concentrated on keeping her breathing even, not betraying her emotions. Letting Jonghyun know how she felt would be a terrible idea. A terrible one indeed. So rather than thinking anymore, she tried to sleep. 

“ Are you nervous?” Jonghyun asked suddenly, his voice was sleepy. She thought he had fallen asleep already.

“ No. “ she lied.

“ I can hear your heart beating fast” He said.

Jessica stopped breathing. Then she let out a slow breath. Was it that loud!? How could her heart be beating that fast?!

Then she felt him snuggling closer to her. His head now rested against the crook of her neck and she could feel his soft lips being pressed against the skin of her neck. And within minutes she could hear him snoring softly and his body slow and peaceful breathing against her.

The puppy was finally asleep.

At this time of the night it is now that Jessica realized- she had underestimate the feelings she had for him and she was more afraid than ever than she wont be able to stop falling for him more and more. Looks like she might really just lose this challenge..