Jealous?

The Many Sides of Byun Baekhyun

Date:  November 21                   

 

I can't believe what happened today.

My stomach keeps flipping and I can't seem to stay focused on anything. I can't even seem to stay still. I'm not sure about it yet but...I have my suspicions.

We had our second practice today after school, again in the music room. We had just wrapped up and we were all planning to go grab supper together before heading home. It was 7PM when we finished, but we ended up dawdling around, playing some random songs when suddenly Sehun stopped and stared at the direction of the door. I continued strumming, but peered curiously at him, then at the direction of the door. The door was opened a small gap, and I managed to spot a small face before the door closed with the sound of a gasp. I raised my eyebrow and looked back at Sehun. It must have been some girl that heard about Jongin and Sehun performing in the talent show. How she figured out that we were practicing in the music room today was beyond me.

We finished the last note of the song, and Jongin gave Sehun a look.

"Why the heck did you stop?"

"Some girl was peeking in through the door."

"You're so unprofessional. You're supposed to keep going no matter what happens."

Sehun rolled his eyes and picked up his backpack, ushering us to leave for dinner. He complained about starving, demanding for hamburgers and fries. We began to file out, chattering, when suddenly someone stopped. That caused the rest of us to all bumped into one another.

"What the hell, why'd you stop...?"

Sehun had been first to leave the room, so obviously it had been him who stopped. He stepped aside, and we all curiously walked into the hall...to see a girl standing by the door. I recognized her. She was a fairly popular 1st year. I saw her around sometimes. She was known because of her cute looks and older sister who had been dubbed a "goddess of the school" before she graduated a few years ago. Her name was...Eunjae? Eunji?

"Hi..." she said shyly.

"Sehun, do you know her?" Jongin had laughed.

"She's here for you, isn't she?" I teased.

Bad decision. Because next thing I knew, she said "Actually...I'm here for you...Chanyeol oppa."

Silence. Then I heard the guys began to roar with laughter as I stood there in shock. What. Did I hear right? OPPA? The girl was turning bright pink and I'm pretty sure I was turning into a tomato. Now I have dated once before, but she never called me oppa...and I'm the youngest in the family, so it was always me calling my sisters noona...

Stupid Jongin then proceeded to say "We'll leave you two be...oppa~" And they walked off laughing as I stood there, dumbstruck. I looked at Baekhyun as they left, but he didn't look at me. He didn't even seem to be laughing much. I watched their backs as they walked down the hall and turned the corner. I wasn't really sure what to do with myself. I shifted the strap of my guitar case on my shoulder and cleared my throat.

"Um...you're in Sehun and Jongin's year, right?"

"Yes, I'm Han Eunseo..."

So THAT was her name!

"...I'm sorry about peeking in. I asked Mr. Kim to borrow the music room after school and he told me your group had it...I was curious so I came to listen. You're really good at guitar."

"Oh. Thanks."

"I hope I didn't disrupt you."

"It's ok. How can I help you? Do you need a favour?" I scratched my head lightly.

"I...I wanted to give you this," She looked at the floor, blushing furiously, holding out a small box.

I knew I gulped then before taking it. Oh. God.

"I hope you like it, I took a long time picking it out."

"Um...thanks, but I don't really deserve a gift, I just met you..."

"I...I...I really like you. I'm sorry for being forward, I just really want to get this off my chest. I've liked you since I first saw you, and the more I discovered about you, the more I came to like you..."

At that point, I was fairly sure my eyes were bugging out creepily again. How was I supposed to react? She was cute and everything, but I barely know the girl. To be honest, she wouldn't have been my type anyway. She reminded me so much of a kid. I never even understood how guys liked to date girls that behaved like 12 year olds. Sure, I'd like to take care of someone, but not babysit. A relationship should be one of equals. And...I like Baekhyun. He's different. He's responsible. He has a grip on life. He's friendly, smart, and makes me laugh. With him, it's not just me taking care of him. He takes care of me too. Just that horrible and depressing period of time during which my grandma got sick and passed away...that showed how considerate he is. He always knows what to do, exactly what will comfort me. He just KNOWS.

I realized I just stood there for a good minute thinking about Baekhyun while another girl was in front of me trying to confess. I didn't even hear everything she said.

"Youdon'thaavetoreplynow. Youcanletmeknowwhenever. Bye," she suddenly squeaked before zooming off in the opposite direction.

"Wait!" I yelled.

But she was gone. Damn it Park Chanyeol. That was terrible. Just being there, staring into space as someone confesses to you. I stared at the box in my hand and untied the ribbon. Inside was half of a keychain...she had bought couple keychains...clearly she had the other half.

"PARK CHANYEOL, WOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!"

Jongin, obviously. The whole group was back.

"You guys didn't even leave, did you?"

"And miss out on THIS? HA. No way. We stayed in the stairwell."

"Sooo what'd you say?" Kyungsoo wiggled his eyebrows.

"Nothing..." I mumbled, glancing at Baekhyun.

He had a pokerface on. Zero expression. His eyes seemed to drill into mine. His usual smile and the twinkle in his eye were gone. I felt my stomach drop. The lack of expression felt colder than any look he could give me.

"OOOOH IT'S A COUPLE KEYCHAIN. Where's the other half?" Jongin snatched the box from my hand.

"SHE HAS IT?!" Sehun yelped as I jumped at Jongin, trying to grab it back.

I managed to nab it back, closing the box as the idiots laughed their butts off. Even Kyungsoo was chortling. I glanced at Baekhyun again. He wasn't even looking at me anymore. He looked in the direction of the stairwell.

"Baek-"

"I'm going home. You guys eat," he murmured, then started walking off toward the stairs.

I still want to punch Jongin's face, because he proceeded to block me off from running after Baekhyun. He wasn't done with using me as the of his jokes, clearly. They found it so entertaining that a girl actually confessed. It being Han Eunseo, on top of that. I finally managed to shove him out of the way, leaving the three in slight shock as I rushed down the stairs after Baekhyun. I sped toward the bus stop, and noticed Baekhyun standing there. But the bus arrived. As its doors opened, I shouted his name, still running after him.

He turned around and looked at me, still with zero expression on his face. Then he turned back around and got on the bus, acting like he hadn't seen or heard me at all. By the time I got to the bus stop, breathless and panting, it had left. I kneeled over, trying to catch my breath and watching the bus at the end of street, driving away from me.

 

 

 

I think...I think Baekhyun is jealous.

 

A/N: I removed the M rating as I decided I won't be having too much of the story with mature content. When the chapters come, I will mark them to warn those who want to skip.