Spending the Day with Key Part 2

A Maid's Heart

"So… why am I here again?"

 

Key looked around carefully in his sunnies and face mask doctors wear when they perform surgery. He looked from side to side, hoping that he had covered himself up well. *Geez…. Why did this maid drag me into the supermarket? The last time I went, I got robbed by girls and I almost went bald too* Key shivered at the memory of him being tackled to the ground with fangirls crowding around him asking for an autography or a picture. No one had even bothered to help him and by the end of the stampede, he had lost his hat, bag, scarf and whatever else that was easily removable from his body.

 

"We're here because I need you to tell me the sort of things the members and you like. I've decided to make hotpot today since it's piping hot, I can make it have a spicy broth and it's something to be shared amongst people. Even more enjoyable when it's eaten in winter. It really makes you forget about the cold!" you reasoned. It had taken you two hours of begging, fake-crying, debating and bribing to finally get Key to come with you to shop for food. THE most agonising two hours of your life used to make SHINee happy.

 

The thing you wanted to see when the members come home is them smiling at the steaming hotpot and happily putting food in to cook whilst chatting away happily with one another. You even hoped that this would make Key's mood happier too because when you had finally dragged him out of the house you could tell that he was unhappy. But you ignored him and here you two were, shopping for the things that was needed for a smile on SHINee's faces.

 

"Is there something you want to eat? Anything that is needed to be put in boiling water to cook can be for dinner like beef slices, lamb slices, luncheon meat, dumplings, noodles? " you asked Key while pushing the shopping trolley around the supermarket. When you hadn't heard an answer in 10 seconds, you turned around and saw Key walking cautiously looking form side to side constantly. If you hadn't known that it was Key, you would've thought that he was going to steal something since he looks so suspicious.

 

Chuckling, you walked over and placed your hand on his shoulder. He jumped and turned around, looking like the police had finally caught him about to commit a crime. "Are you okay? Are you scared of being inside a supermarket? Because if you are, you know you could always walk back home and tell me the things you want over the phone" you said softly.

 

Key pulled down the sunnies so you could see his eyes with nothing in the way. "No, it's fine but can we please quickly buy the things we need so that if a fan happens to recognise me we can just run away with our things?" he asked nervously. You blinked and then sighed in relief.

 

"Is that all you're worried about? I thought that you were scared of supermarkets or something! Don't scare me like that. Okay so tell me then. What would you like to eat?" you asked again. He looked into no particular place when he had finally answered your question.

 

"I…. I like to eat to dumplings. But they need to be homemade" he replied. You nodded your head and immediately started to process the ingredients needed for homemade dumplings. You had bought a lot of things the first time you went shopping so most things should be at home. However, you needed some dumplings skin and some meat, just in case there wasn't enough in the fridge. After all, they were guys and they're probably hungry after their busy schedule.

 

You smiled and gestured over to the shelves where air conditioners were blowing at the products to keep them fresh and cold. "Okay, let's get some dumpling sheets first. We don't have any at home. Oh, and we need some meat. I think I just saw some at the back of the market" you said. Key nodded and followed your direction.

 

After 25 minutes of shopping and comparing brands and prices to get the best foods at the cheapest price, you were ready to pay for everything when you saw a giant stack of mangoes just a few metres in front. Your fingers felt weak and you unconsciously smiled and fell into a state of pure happiness. Mangoes were your favourite fruit. You could eat them three meals a day for the rest of your life and still not get tired of them. Though you loved this fruit, you couldn't buy it when you were working at KFC because the money you got was barely enough to even pay for the bills so mangoes were out of the shopping list for a long time. However, there was a sign next to the table that said it was $1.99 per kilo and you thought that that was the cheapest price you had ever seen for such luscious mangoes, it seemed unreal.

 

But seeing that beautiful stack of bright, ripe and orange mangoes made you have a feeling that felt like falling in love. Without thinking, you left Key and ran towards the table carrying the fruit. When you had arrived, you were shocked to see how high the staff had stacked it. It was about half a metre taller than you and it didn't look very stable. *Wow… They must've tried to put every single mango they had in stock onto this pile. I want to take some but I don't know how to without making a mini avalanche. Hmm….*

 

You were looking carefully at the pile in all angles to try to get what you wanted without sending mangoes flying everywhere. Key was still standing at the spot where you had left him and watched you, sighing. *This girl really needs to control herself while in the supermarket. It's just some mangoes, what's the big deal? You can get them practically anywhere right about now*

 

However, what happened next made Key's mouth drop and unable to move. While you were on one side of the table, on the opposite there were kids running with a trolley and playing with it like a car. Key called out to you but you were focusing so much on the mangoes that you didn't even hear him, or the kids laughing and screaming. Also because of the height of the fruit, you couldn't see the kids and the kids couldn't see you.

 

One of the kids (who was a boy) was standing in front of the table of mangoes and the other kid ran full speed with the trolley trying to hit the boy when he moved out of the way so quickly that the kid rammed the table of mangoes so powerfully that it shook the table and sent the whole pile of fruit raining down and most of them coming on top of you.

 

Because of the noise, you snapped out of your trance and looked up, finally grasping the situation you were in. It was as if everything was in slow motion and you saw the mangoes bounce off its neighbours and then falling onto your direction. You quickly shut your eyes and braced yourself for the pain that would soon envelope you.

 

Slowly…. You opened your eyes because for some reason you couldn't feel some kind of heavy things dropping on your back. However, when your eyes finally adapted to the light you could see arms wrapped protectively around you and when you turned your head, you could see Key on top of you covering your body. "Are you okay?" he asked carefully. You nodded and was surprised to see him protecting you.

 

"K-Key?! What… what are you..."

 

Key opened his eyes and look around, checking if there were anymore falling fruit. Thankfully, the avalanched stopped and Key stood up slowly, seeming as if he had hurt his back. "Key, are you okay? Are you hurt?" you asked worryingly.

 

He just stood there and death-stared you. "Yah! Are you stupid or something? Were your legs not working? Why did you not move? You could've gotten hurt you know!" he shouted. You stared at him, surprised by the loud and angry tone he was using.

 

"M…mianhaeyo… I didn't realise that there were kids running around. Wait, where are they?" you asked and looked around. In the corner of the shop you could see the two kids crying as they were being scolded by the manager and their parents.

 

Key sighed and grabbed the shopping trolley with the ingredients for dinner. "Let's go pay for this. I don't want to stay in this shop any longer" he said, coldly. As he was turning, an assistant came rushing up to him and asked if he was okay. Key suddenly turned into this nice guy and was smiling sweetly, saying how he was fine. The assistant told Key to not worry about the mangoes and that they could pay right now.

 

He smiled and walked over to the cashier, leaving you sitting on the cold, hard floor. "H-hey! Wait for me!" you shouted, picking up two mangoes on the way.

 

The journey back home was silent and awkward. Though you wanted to talk about something, you didn't know what to talk about. Key looked forward and never in your direction, looking like he didn't want to have anything to do with the girl next to him. You looked at his hands that were holding four heavy shopping bags while you were only holding one which had just 5 packets of dumpling skin. *So this is what Minho oppa meant when he said that Key was a nice guy….*

 

When the two of you had arrived back home, Key dropped the bags onto the floor and walked straight into SHINee's room without a word and left you wondering if he was still mad at you. Although you wanted to run after him and apologise again, it seemed like a bad idea to do that right now. So you carried all the bags into the kitchen and as you picked up the mangoes from the bag, in your heart you felt really grateful that Key had covered you at the supermarket and you smiled at Key's nice side.

 

In the SHINee room, Key smelt his shirt and scowled. "Eugh, it reeks of mangoes. Lots of it" he muttered and took his shirt off. As he was taking it off, he bit his lip and winced as he felt pangs of pain on his back. He walked over to the mirror and saw the many bruises that covered his back from the mangoes constantly slamming onto him. He scoffed as he looked into his reflection. "Huh…. I wonder why I did that. Before I knew it I just ran over to her and covered her back. Looks like I'm the stupid one…."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOYOYO~ How are you going, my beautiful drops of sunshine? :D

OMG, finally finished all that work that was made to be due one after another~

-angels singing-

So happy! (cries)

So how are you guys? Being cheerful?

Don't forget to show that smile and all that wonderfulness within yourselves~ ^^

P.S. - Thanks cuppieeee for telling your subscribers about this~ I'M TOUCHED  > < (cries some more)

YOU. DA. BEST~