First Scandal

A Maid's Heart

People whipped their heads around at the shouting and gasped when they saw the scene laid out before them. First they could see Taemin because he wasn't wearing anything to cover his face and then a young girl standing next to him. Standing on the row above was a weird-looking guy who seemed to have gone mental.

 

You quickly clasped your mouth as you've realised what you've done. Girls started to bop up and down like a can of coke when they've realised their favourite Taeminnie was in the same cinema as them and began pulling their phones out. You weren't worried about yourself (why would you?)  but you were super afraid for what was going to happen to Taemin. Scenes suddenly made their way into your head and you saw Taemin getting mauled and stepped over by fangirls squealing, shouting, taking pictures/videos and trying to shake his hands for some skinship with a K-Pop star.

 

Shuddering at that thought, you grabbed Taemin's hand and ran while signalling Jonghyun to escape before the girls could get their hands on the maknae. *At least they couldn't realise Jonghyun. Wow, imagine both of them getting exposed…. That would've been TERRIBLE!*

 

You led the two boys into a corner and hid behind a vending machine and you looked out just a bit to see crazy screaming girls running straight with their phone in hand, ready to take a picture. Breathing a sigh of relief, you whispered that the fans had gone the wrong way. Taemin immediately sighed, releasing all the tension built up in his body. Then he turned to Jonghyun and frowned.

 

"Hyung, what are you doing here?" he asked, irritation showing in his voice. Jonghyun slowly removed his disguise and looked at the both of you, looking for an excuse. No way would he say that he had followed you because he was jealous or that he…. had wanted to observe you too.

 

"Uh…." Jonghyun wracked his head for the perfect answer. His eyes then drifted to you, who also was awaiting his response. *Because I like you… Okay? You haven't realised? Uh, but with Taemin here I can't say that. Why did I have to shout in the first place?!* Suddenly, he came up with something that hopefully Taemin would accept.

 

"Well… I wanted to watch a movie too! You know, why would I go to a normal and plain cinema when I could have a whole sofa to myself for lying down? Perfect for sleeping with great background music. I just love doing that" Jonghyun said and flashed an award-winning smile.

 

You nodded and thought that his answer did sound like what Jonghyun would do. However, Taemin wasn't buying it. Jonghyun sensed that Taemin was going to ask about the question he shouted in the cinema so he quickly said something to cut Taemin off.

 

"OH!" The loudness of the scream made you and Taemin jump at the same time. "Oh, I'm hungry! Come on, since we escaped being discovered lets go somewhere to eat. I don't want anymore fans to chase after me here. Cause some of them are just scary!" Jonghyun pretended to shudder and started to walk out of the cinema. "What are you guys waiting for? Let's go!" he said happily. You stood up, finding yourself unconsciously smiling at Jonghyun's personality and charms. Taemin slowly got up and pouted.

 

*This was supposed to be my personal date with ~~~~~. Why did Jonghyun hyung have to show up?! Man, I had everything planned out and here he is, tearing this day apart. ~~~~~ also looks happy to see him. Grrrrrrr~* Taemin scrunched his face up but once he saw how happy you were, the anger was suddenly washed away. *But she looks so happy when he appeared…* And with a sigh, he trailed slowly behind you.

 

"Wah~ This tastes so~o good!" exclaimed Jonghyun as he bit into a cream-topped strawberry tart from Elle Mon, a popular fancy dessert cafe situated in Gangnam for the wealthy. Since it was just an hour after opening, there was little customers eating. You smiled and bit into your own Lemon&Lime Infusion Meringue Tart, letting the flavours tingle your tastebuds and sending shivers down your spine for it was just that good!

 

You've never been to Gangnam before since you'd feel so out of place but here you were, sitting between two of SHINee's flower boys and eating what has to be the most delicious dessert in the world. However, while the two of you were going into a dessert coma, Taemin sat there poking his Premium Belgium Chocolate Lava Cake and letting the hot chocolate sauce flow out of the cake and onto his plate.

 

Obviously, he was still miffed about Jonghyun crashing the date but something else was bugging him. Taemin couldn't get the face you had the moment you saw Jonghyun smile. It looked like a prince had appeared in front of you and you fell in love with him at first sight. Then, it hit Taemin. *Omo…. What happens if ~~~~~ really does like Jonghyun hyung? If that's the case then my chances are forever ruined… I can't let that happen…!*

 

As you were talking with Jonghyun for the past 10 minutes, you totally forgot about Taemin and so when the maknae spoke up, you were so surprised. "Hey~ What did you think about the movie ~~~~~?" he asked sweetly.

 

You whipped your head around and found yourself face-to-face with a young and handsome looking boy. Soon, your brain decoded that it was Taemin you were looking at and you almost fell out of your chair. "T-Taemin-ssi! What are you doing???" you exclaimed, blushing a crimson red.

 

Taemin casually leaned back and looked relaxed. "Why are you so shocked? I was just asking what you thought about the movie. Did you like it?" But then his face formed into a frown. "But ~~~~~, didn't I just tell you to call me 'oppa'? Come on, we're friends now so call me that" he pleaded.

 

Your mind went into confusion as he said that. Sure, you'd want to call him 'oppa' since it was easier and better-sounding than 'Taemin-ssi'. However, you are their maid and that's only it. Nothing more. It'd be a whole giant scandal if reporters started saying that a member of SHINee went out with a maid or something like that.

 

"But I'm only your maid…. Is it really okay to call you that?" you asked wearily. Taemin broke into a smile and placed both hands on your shoulders. "Gwaenchana ~~~~~-ah. Hey, if you're working for me then you should listen to what I say. So call me 'oppa'. Come on, try it now. I wanna hear it" Taemin said cheekily.

 

As much as you wanted to politely decline, you just couldn't say 'no' to this guy. So even though your mind was screaming at you to not give in to the temptation, your willpower wasn't strong against the maknae and so you finally surrendered the battle against yourself.

 

"T….Tae..." You tried once more. "Taemin oppa"

 

At first you were so embarrassed and you slowly looked up to see the reaction on Taemin's face. Did he like it? But your worries were soon washed away as Taemin smiled and you thought it was one of the cutest expressions ever.

 

"WOAAAH~! ~~~~~-ah actually called me 'oppa'! I'm so happy~" screamed Taemin as he bopped around in his chair, garnering attention from nearby customers. "Okay, now every time you call me, address me as 'oppa'. I like being called that" explained Taemin.

 

You slowly smiled in return and soon the two of you were giggling like mad. Jonghyun sat still, a strawberry on his fork and stared at you two. *I…. want to be called 'oppa' too...* Then. Jonghyun grabbed your left shoulder and spun you around.

 

"Me too~ You can call me 'Jonghyun oppa'. I like it that way as well! Try it now, I want to see how it sounds" he said happily. As soon as Jonghyun said that, for some strange reason you felt your heart banging against your chest and the blood rushing to your face. It wasn't clear to you why this happens but whenever Jonghyun asks you to do something or anything for that matter… you feel like it's your number one priority to have to do it.

 

Even when Taemin asked you the same thing you didn't feel the way you do right now. But you'd love nothing more than to call the one special to you 'oppa'. Smiling brightly, you called out the name he wanted and you anticipated his answer. You looked around for any signs of happiness or disapoointment but you couldn't make a certain expression out.

 

You started to worry when Jonghyun beamed and complimented on how well you said it. Blushing and feeling tingly inside, you joked around with Jonghyun and found how easy he was to talk to. Normally, you stayed away from guys because they can just be downright rude and mean or at least the ones in the school were like that. But Jonghyun… and the whole of SHINee was different.

 

For a moment, you just thought about how lucky you were to have met these guys and how thankful you were to Sungmin-ssi for if he had not let you have the job, you would never had been able to even get close to SHINee.

 

You were in a ultra happy mood when you heard a voice that was the complete opposite of that.

 

"Uh oh…."

 

Turning around, you saw Taemin with his eyes glued to his phone. The mood you were in before was starting to vanish as you had never seen Taemin with a face like that before. He looked up at Jonghyun and you. "This is bad…."

 

Jonghyun didn't get why the maknae was so unhappy so he thought that it was time for a joke. "What? Did you forget to pay your phone bills? Is the phone company screaming at you using technology?" he asked jokingly. But by the way the colour had drained from Taemin's face, Jonghyun knew that it was nothing close to his joke. "What is it?"

 

Taemin looked up and slowly showed the both of you what was on his phone. As soon as you read the title, you gasped and Jonghyun's eyes widened in shock. Everyone sat quietly, processing the information displayed on the screen.

 

SHINee's First Scandal - Taemin and Jonghyun are going out with the same girl?!

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I am SO sorry for not posting for a LONG time! -bows deeply-

And thank you guys for supporting this fanfic with such a bad author like myself

I'M TOUCHED! -cries-

 

I have some great news to share with you guys though….. I'VE FINISHED MY YEARLY EXAMS~ WHOOP WHOOP!

No more studying in the morning and night. Haha, even though I was watching 'Heirs' with my sister. Have you guys seen it? LEE MINHO IS SO HOT IN THIS DRAMA! -fangirls-

^^