What a Maid Needs to Do

A Maid's Heart

Dazed, you walked to the living room, stumbling a few times. *Why am I like this? My heart is beating quicker that usual… Ah~ Jonghyun, that smile was beautiful~*. You swooned over him for a few more seconds before coming back to your senses. Suddenly, you smelt something very fragrant, something delicious, something like…. instant noodles.

 

You power-walked to the living room where you saw SHINee sitting and slurping at their noodles. From the corner of your eye, you could see a cupboard's door above the stove lifted. Inside, you could see… 20 instant noodle cups?! Your mouth dropped open and eyed the idols. "Wah… I'm much poorer than them and I manage to each my vegetables and fruits. How could they eat like that…? Plus, they're idols aren't they? Shouldn't they be eating salads and super dry chicken ?!" you gasped.

 

You walked carefully over to the table, worrying that one of the members (especially Key!) will drench you in spicy noodle soup. "Shouldn't you be eating something else? Something…. healthier?" you asked quietly. Taemin looked up and quickly slurped the noodles loudly.

 

"Well, Minho can cook but we don't have time. We're preparing from our 'Why So Serious' choreography and lyrics so we need to eat quickly and rush to the company and practice. We've been eating this for about a month now. Instant noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sometimes even as a snack~" he explained. Your eyeballs practically bulged out.

 

*INSTANT NOODLES FOR A MONTH?! WHAT ARE THESE GUYS, CRAZY?! I understand that they have promotions and things but seriously? Even other boy bands have better diets than these people….*. Preparing to speak, you cleared your throat but everyone was starting to stand up.

 

"Well, ahjumma. We need to get going so clean up this mess for us~" singed Onew. You about to protest when you realised that you were working… and that they've finally asked you to do some maid stuff! You beamed and thanked the members for their hard work and told them to work hard at their practice. 

The members looked slightly surprised at how different you were to the you 5 minutes ago. Right before they opened the door to leave, you quickly asked one more question. "Ah, when do you come back?" you asked sweetly. Key scowled at how your sweet level went up by 10.

 

"We normally come back at 11pm, give or take a few minutes… or hours, depending on how packed our schedules are" he replied. You nodded understandingly and sent them off happily. When the door was closed, you turned around and looked at the house filled with rubbish. "I've got my work cut out for me… Lets do this!" you cheered.

 

Rolling your sleeves up and putting on some rubber gloves you found in one of the kitchen drawers, you walked to the sink and finally felt like you're becoming a maid. You looked up at the clock hanging above the TV and it read 11:20am. *About 11 hours to clean all of this… and maybe something else as well… Plenty of time~*.

 

You had to hold your breath as you started to wash the mountain of dishes. Pots, pans, bowls, forks, spoons and all the cutlery you could think of was jammed underneath cups, on top or in the sink. In one of the bowls, you found a half a slice of bread with a moss green mould covering almost the whole surface. You winced in disgust and quick as a flash picked it up and threw it in the trash can. "Whew… At least I got rid of that… Now, I need to clean the rest… Urgh" you muttered. Being a maid was no easy job and you finally got a taste of what it feels like to be working hard in order to live.

 

When you finished with the dishes, you looked left to see the avalanche of food laid on the floor. You wondered how they could fit so much in one fridge and how they could get something out or even put anything in. *No wonder they're eating instant noodles… They don't need to be refrigerated!!* Slowly, you picked up boxes of vegetables and fruits and snacks, reading all of their expiry dates and making sure to chuck the bad ones out. By the time you've finished putting everything neatly in and making it look like a normal fridge, you've thrown out more than half of what was in the fridge as most of them had expired and turned a disgusting green or yellow.

 

After rinsing everything in the sink and placing them neatly on a rack to dry, you walked into the living room and surveyed its messiness. "Now this seems worse than the kitchen… And whose underwear is that anyways?!" you asked no one in particular. You kept the rubber gloves on and started to pick up the pieces of clothing and chuck them in the laundry basket. Dirty stuff were placed high and low and even behind the TV set! *Oh man… When does this end~?*

 

You threw all of the clothes and accessories that SHINee wore into the laundry machine and put in 5 cups of laundry powder. "Whew…. That should be enough. Now, onto the toilet where the make-up lies~" you sang.

 

Walking into the toilet, you slipped on some spilt BB cream and would've fell backwards and hit the wall if your left leg had not stepped back and held your weight. "Oh my-! WOAH, THAST WAS CLOSE!" you gasped and didn't move for a few seconds. After regaining yourself, you -carefully- bent down and picked up the tubes of cream, moisturiser and concealer off the floor and walked around the room looking for the missing lids. You found them, put the lids on and placed them into a cup that held the rest of the tubes of make-up.

 

You then found a towel in the drawer and made it damp in order to wipe the mess off the floor (and to prevent anyone else from slipping). When you've finished making the floor spick and span you went to fix the table and that was not easier than the floor. Eye shadow palettes were opened and some of the powder from it were making the marble table a multi-coloured mess. Lip-gloss, blush and foundation were all opened and were just left without putting them back where they belonged. "I know SHINee has promotions to do but can't they just clean for a little bit?" you asked. Sighing, you picked up all of the products and placed them just outside the door and with the table not cluttered anymore, you wiped the table 4 times because of some stubborn lip product that wouldn't come off.

 

The table was back to it's beautiful and shiny marble form and you sighed happily at the sight of a clean table and the products placed neatly in groups so that the make-up was together on one side of the table and the skin care was on the other. "Whew, they'll be no more hygiene problems now" you said after flushing the toilet for the members. You thought of sticking a note above the toilet to remind the members that no matter how busy they were, hygiene comes FIRST!

 

When you had finished with that part of the house, you went into SHINee's room. It looked like a normal room with clothes placed here and there and you were surprised you didn't find anything such as wrappers or rubbish in their beds. Smiling at the easy work that was left to do, you inhaled deeply and bent down, picking up the rest of the clothes and threw them in the laundry machine along with the other clothes. With that done, you made their beds and fluffed up their pillows so that they will fall asleep the second their head touches the sofa. "Ah…. ALL DONE! I'VE FINISHED CLEANING UP THE HOUSE FINALLY~" you shouted happily.

 

However, you suddenly remembered the laundry and you went to check how much time there was left. The machine read '35 minutes' and you walked around the house wondering what to do until you need to hang the clothes out to dry. You then remembered that Sungmin-ssi allowed you to live in one of the rooms and that was where you went.

 

Opening the door, you peeked in and your jaw almost made contact with the wooden floor. In the middle of the room was  a white king-size bed with 2 big pillows for your head and 5 cute small ones for decoration. There was a big blue desk with drawers and a desk light for you to write anything, 2 big beanbags to rest on, a toilet for yourself and… a walk-in closet. You almost screamed but the thought of the neighbours complaining made you keep it in.

 

You slowly walked in and it was beautiful. There were countless expensive looking dresses, tops, shorts, skirts and in a glass drawer, you could see diamond rings, ruby necklaces, designer watches and sapphire bracelets. You gasped but when you turned around, you had to scream. On a two metre high shelf, shoes were lined up neatly in pairs. Heels, sneakers, sandals, boots were displayed and when you walked closer to inspect them, most of them had crystals decorating the outside. It was so unbelievable you didn't know if this was real life or a dream. "All this…. Is for me…?!" you gasped.

 

Walking out of the closet, you sat on the bed and it was the softest bed in the world! But all you could think about was how all these good things could happen to you in such a short period of time. *I can't believe it… I'm working for SHINee… I get free accommodation and if that's not enough, I get to wear designer accessories and clothes that celebrities wear… Woah, that's a lot to take in...*

 

But you felt happy. You felt as if life was giving you another chance. A chance to actually live and not just exist. You were deep in thought when you heard a beeping sound. "Oh, that must be the laundry. Better go and hang them out~" you said happily.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boy, would I like a walk-in closet of my own~

Shoes, clothing and accessories all for FREE?! Oh you lucky duck~ ^^

How's the story going? There's probably not much right now but they'll be…. -insert evil laugh of your choice-

Well, how are you guys??? My holidays are coming to an end soon so I'm sad…. NAO > <

Finally, I've updated and I should probably keep my comment short so… have fun~ <3

-grassjelly